Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wanderer posted:

Hey, surprise Laura Matsuda cameo.

This is also a couple pages after the reveal that Oro's tight with Blanka's family. Brazilians all know each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Is ... is Udon making Street Fighter comics again?

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is that the same Loki from Agents of Asgard that sort of side-stepped Secret Wars, or is it a new iteration?
Well, he talks about political campaigns being competitive story telling and the personality seems the same

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jetfire posted:

Is ... is Udon making Street Fighter comics again?

They're currently retelling Street Fighter 3.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is that the same Loki from Agents of Asgard that sort of side-stepped Secret Wars, or is it a new iteration?

Well the god of stories thing only went for an issue or two. With so little founding material for that basis his appearances since SW have been kind of inconsistent

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Scaramouche posted:

Show us the niffleheim birth certificate Loki

You joke, but there's actually a bit about that in the issue.

Also, was Laureen's dialogue taken directly from anyone else's Facebook feed, or is that just me?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Not a panel exactly, but in this adventure Spider-Man and Wolverine must stop Doc Ock and Kang from capturing the pasts greatest leaders of men including Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, Ronald Reagan, and of course Napoleon.

The last man they need is Reagan and their plan will be complete!

But now Wolverine and Spider-Man must follow through time to stop them!

Following a tussle so brief you almost miss it all between pages of puzzles the day is saved!

Now our heroes feed the villains to dinosaurs!

Wait, what? Man the '80s were weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

In the original run of TMNT, there was a villain that kept getting punished by being sent further and further back in time every time the turtles and their time traveling friend faced him. Then, every single time, everyone was really surprised that sending a super strong evil wizard back in time would lead to history being messed with.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's basically the plot of the first KGBeast storyline.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Lurdiak posted:

In the original run of TMNT, there was a villain that kept getting punished by being sent further and further back in time every time the turtles and their time traveling friend faced him. Then, every single time, everyone was really surprised that sending a super strong evil wizard back in time would lead to history being messed with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5AFQ1Nzx4s&t=260s

ponfed
Oct 20, 2009
So nobody is gonna ask why the hell does this look like a coloring book?

Is it actually a coloring book?

Also, they should've fed Reagan to the dinosaurs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Well, you just did and yes it is. hth.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ponfed posted:

So nobody is gonna ask why the hell does this look like a coloring book?

Is it actually a coloring book?

Also, they should've fed Reagan to the dinosaurs.

Yes, it's the Secret Wars Coloring Book.

(Warning: Book does not actually feature Magneto)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kang is a Time Lord? Man, Dr. Who lore is more complex than I thought...

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TwoPair posted:

That's true no matter how convoluted you think Who lore is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kang is getting kind of handsy there with Doc Ock.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TwoPair posted:

The Marvel coloring books are a complex decent into total madness.

Someone must color and make this Cap their avatar.

Loki's hidden O Powers!

Uhhhh... no.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gavok posted:

They're currently retelling Street Fighter 3.

I did not know that. I'm gonna have to get caught up now. I love the UDON SF comics. I even have a massive Chun Li banner from the Udon booth that I bought at the end of SDCC one year,

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

X-O posted:

The Marvel coloring books are a complex decent into total madness.

Someone must color and make this Cap their avatar.

Cap's looking like he's three sheets to the wind there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought he was just so caught up in trying to track down Red Skull, on foot, that he's in the process of tripping over a garbage can.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

Cap's looking like he's three sheets to the wind there.

He's clearly leaving the Fantastic Four's annual Christmas party at the Baxter Building after a little too much spiked eggnog and has deduced that the Red Skull is up to no good and surely within walking distance.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

He's clearly leaving the Fantastic Four's annual Christmas party at the Baxter Building after a little too much spiked eggnog and has deduced that the Red Skull is up to no good and surely within walking distance. starting trouble in the neighborhood. He got in one little fight and Nick Fury got scared, said "Get yo rear end up on my Helicarrier."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

drat you Ricky!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

X-O posted:

Not a panel exactly, but in this adventure Spider-Man and Wolverine must stop Doc Ock and Kang from capturing the pasts greatest leaders of men

So why were they going after Reagan then?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Canemacar posted:

So why were they going after Reagan then?

Nancy told them no

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

This is also a couple pages after the reveal that Oro's tight with Blanka's family. Brazilians all know each other.

do they also explain why all Brazilians have electricity powers

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

do they also explain why all Brazilians have electricity powers

Giant Jesus (or Gesus to his friends) is a massive Wardenclyffe antenna, beaming electrical power gathered from vacuum energy directly to all Brazilians.

Duh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also for the irony in the fact that despite the fact 9/10 Brazilians have electrical powers, the Favelas still have to leach from the cities.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ock has a hella wedgie in the first panel, but I guess having flexible robot arms can solve that issue as and when it occurs.

Kang just needs a good all-over application with a flesh-colour crayon to look like a total sex pervert.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Not Norman's best plan to get back at Spider-Man, but sometimes a villain gotta do what a villain's gotta do.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

Secret Wars

That explains Wolverine's weirdly action-figurish pose inside the "Turbo Cycle". And the fact that there's a Turbo Cycle. And the time machine wheel thing that looks like it would be motorized and really roll. Everything just looked sort of 80's-playsets-and-toys, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those pages were traced straight from the packaging.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Phy posted:

That explains Wolverine's weirdly action-figurish pose inside the "Turbo Cycle". And the fact that there's a Turbo Cycle. And the time machine wheel thing that looks like it would be motorized and really roll. Everything just looked sort of 80's-playsets-and-toys, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those pages were traced straight from the packaging.

Pretty much. I remember those action figures with their lenticular shields.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

X-O posted:

Meanwhile...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mister Mind posted:

Meanwhile...

Time and Time Again was the best Superman story.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I think supes is off by a couple of factors.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Rhyno posted:

Time and Time Again was the best Superman story.

It's what got me into the Legion of Superheroes. (At a really weird time in their story, too...)

edit: and I also love "Time and Time Again," but this is just absolute 1990 Dad Superman. "Hey kids, I just got the new Was (Not Was) album! It's on Digital Compact Cassette!"

And Johnny Aztec, 100 million years ago seems about right for dinosaurs. Unless you're suggesting five thousand years ago, which is also true.

Mister Mind fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 18, 2016

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

joehonkie posted:

Pretty much. I remember those action figures with their lenticular shields.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Not a panel exactly, but in this adventure Spider-Man and Wolverine must stop Doc Ock and Kang from capturing the pasts greatest leaders of men including Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, Ronald Reagan, and of course Napoleon.
This is a really lame Serpentor.
Whoever catches Doom's cybergarter is going to be in for a great big surprise, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

WTF is going on with those feet?