Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Who the gently caress says " Exotic Africa"?

Presumably the sort of people who would think two individuals who just happen to be from the same continent would automatically make good roommates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Also I wasn't paying attention to earlier strips but is the Nomad black?

Not recently.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

No, Carina, the perfectly sensible plan was that Mark would swim out and if he's not dead he'll come back into the cave and find you again and you can all swim out together, but if he dies you'll just have to find another way. You've been down there for months, so I don't think ten minutes is giving him enough time to loop back around.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Also I wasn't paying attention to earlier strips but is the Nomad black? This woman is going to be mighty disappointed if two white girls show up.

Nomad is white, but his wife is black. This means his daughter is mixed, of course, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at her:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Yes! Because when people get all dressed up smartly for a night out at a gala, the one thing they really want to do is look after a total stranger's infant.

(Of course in Rex Morganland, that will turn out to be the case, plus they kids'll probably pick up a couple of free yachts, a free uni ride, and a fat inheritance before the evening is over).

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

TIL Bill Nye The Science Guy is en pointe.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mark - our fit and active companion - went into this unknown, underwater cave and hasn't come back. Let's follow him together so that our fat man can get stuck, grab on to the lady and drown them both.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

"Red Sundays" - google has nothing I could find on that one.

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slammy posted:

Well, "blue laws" are the ones that ban selling booze on Sundays, so I suppose a "red Sunday" could be one spent drinking...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

I don't think we'll ever see the Feiffer strip where we can say "well thank god that's an issue of the past".

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Slammy posted:

I didn't find much on Red Sundays, but I did find a few references to Blue Mondays and drinking.

This one is from 1906. I'm choosing to read this as being about hangovers.

This one is from a 1930 prohibition editorial.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Slammy posted:

The 'Red Sunday" might to refer to the slang of "paint the town red" meaning to go on a wild debauch. Being hungove the next day would account for the "Blue Monday'.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Sundays are marked red on the calendar.

I don't think that's what it's referring to, though :v:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A more alliterative term would be "shitfaced Sunday".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Dilbert having nothing in life besides his dead-end unfulfilling job, or is this attitude Dilbert has a good thing to Scott Adams?

F Minus

Mary Worth

I'm starting to think someone put glue on those glasses.

Rex Morgan MD

Pretty good mood swing for Rex there.

Secret Agent X-9

Quick! Pretend to be the Sea Hag!

Apartment 3-G

Not sure how that's "chauvinism."

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Johnny Walker posted:

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Dilbert having nothing in life besides his dead-end unfulfilling job, or is this attitude Dilbert has a good thing to Scott Adams?

Adams is trying to play both sides with his pseudo-ironic contrarian piffle. It's the only trick he knows.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Middle School Action Comics!, or, Big Nate

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

I can't look at this without laughing.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

Presumably the sort of people who would think two individuals who just happen to be from the same continent would automatically make good roommates.
No no no, the point is that you have to keep them separated from the others as much as possible. Maybe with some private bathrooms, private dining areas, private entrances, special places on the buses and so on.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 19, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Odonata posted:

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

You can definitely see the target audience for Ziggy. He still has a CRT TV. TV repairmen make house calls. He knows what "horizontal hold" is.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set spreads the good word.

Working Daze is back to the stupid pickleball thing it does every summer. And yes, pickleball is apparently a real thing.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is a little too abstract.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

You think he'd have gone to the authorities by now, considering that he's been stalked, harassed, and now verbally threatened.

But maybe I'm just expecting too much logic from this comic.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts: Year Five (January 20-23, 1955)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I missed it, is this the first few examples of Charlie Brown becoming a huge little whiny shithead with only a handful of punchlines?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is back to the stupid pickleball thing it does every summer. And yes, pickleball is apparently a real thing.

We played pickleball in high school gym inside on the half court. It was fun and one of my favorite gym subjects along with martial arts and sitting around the weights room shooting the poo poo, but geez I'd never want to lionize it in a tryhard geek comic strip or anything.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

We played pickleball in high school gym inside on the half court. It was fun and one of my favorite gym subjects along with martial arts and sitting around the weights room shooting the poo poo, but geez I'd never want to lionize it in a tryhard geek comic strip or anything.

Pickleball was my favorite in gym, too. Sporting ability is not among my gifts, though. I was so bad at it that my gym teacher thought I was trolling and got mad. :(

I thought it was just a thing schools made up when the budget was too tight to spring for real tennis balls and rackets. I wouldn't have thought anybody would ever play it outside of schools.

Phantom Classic

I hate this storyline, but I kind of love that last panel. "I've been carrying dead and dying Bangallans out of their blown-up huts all day because of this lady, but wowee, what a dame!"

Radio Patrol

Jesus, the dog abuse in this strip sometimes.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

:effort:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Welp. I guess that means that Pibgorn will continue to be the last item in my posts.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm starting to like this guy. Pity we're never going to see him again.

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker
I think Sam and Abbey have the appropriate reaction there.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Tiggum posted:

I'm starting to like this guy. Pity we're never going to see him again.

He's refreshingly straightforward and open about his feelings, particularly in contrast to the communication issues and strange plots we've been subject to, so I suspect we're supposed to dislike him.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy gently caress.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jeez Pastis I'm pretty sure there are cuneiform tablets calling that story an old hat.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

This is awesome.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Savidudeosoo posted:

You think he'd have gone to the authorities by now, considering that he's been stalked, harassed, and now verbally threatened.

But maybe I'm just expecting too much logic from this comic.

No, you see it's a woman doing it to a man so it's funny.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

This is the best thing coming out of the Phantom in ages, and way funnier than most of the funny strips right now

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life - 24 hands possible, 1 hand drawn.

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

He's refreshingly straightforward and open about his feelings, particularly in contrast to the communication issues and strange plots we've been subject to, so I suspect we're supposed to dislike him.

I think not dislike in the sense of how we're supposed to dislike That Slut Bitch Tiffany, but more in the sense of, ":smug: Look at this dumb jock just coming right out and telling a girl he likes her instead of befriending her first and allowing her to gradually fall in love with him over time or constructing a complex web of intrigue for her to fall into. What a chump. Why, he's so stupid that he was rejected without any great impact to his self esteem! Definitely not a worthy suitor for our sweet little Lu Lu. :smug:"

• Locked thread