Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shinjobi posted:

Considering Shiro was a fresh faced recruit I thought the voice was fine. To each their own though.

If he was a teenager, then fine. But Shiro is probably the oldest protagonist in the Franchise at 23, and I don't know many 23 year olds who sound like teenagers trying to act tough. It works for someone like Banagher, but Shiro should be a little deeper voiced in my opinion. Apart from him, I find the voice talent for 08th MS Team just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Is the new Unicorn adaptation finished? I haven't followed that. I've been meaning to watch Unicorn (I tried years ago but I lost track of it after the fourth installment waiting for the fifth) and I figure I'd better watch the new version rather than the old one.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Patter Song posted:

Is the new Unicorn adaptation finished? I haven't followed that. I've been meaning to watch Unicorn (I tried years ago but I lost track of it after the fourth installment waiting for the fifth) and I figure I'd better watch the new version rather than the old one.
RE:0096 is just the original 7 OVAs cut up for a TV broadcast schedule. There is no difference between them, so you're better off watching the original OVAs.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RE:0096 does have the bonus of being far easier to watch in English legally, so that's something.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Isn't there supposedly some extra connecting footage, too? I mean not like massive stuff but still.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't stop listening to the Iron-Blooded Orphans OP, it's too good. It's combined two of my weaknesses, buttrock and Japanese songs about raising metaphorical flags.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't stop listening to the Iron-Blooded Orphans OP, it's too good. It's combined two of my weaknesses, buttrock and Japanese songs about raising metaphorical flags.

Yeah. Survivor's not bad at all, but it just had boots it couldn't fill.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Got my english asia copy of gundam breaker 3 in, turns out if just loads the japanese save. Guess i don't have to slog through normal mode again.
If anyone wants to play, my PSN: AzMiLion

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Has DLC started showing up? I set up a PSN account for Hong Kong, apparently wrong, but thought it would show up in game updates rather than going through the PSN store?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

there isn't a video on youtube showcasing ali al sanchez's dub voice and that makes me very sad

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I tried to make one but it got claimed by Sunrise, no joke.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

there is this though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wdzuyMQQX0

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Another good Ali AMV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP95MHHE4uM

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Oh that one is positively amazing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Has DLC started showing up? I set up a PSN account for Hong Kong, apparently wrong, but thought it would show up in game updates rather than going through the PSN store?

Yes, it will show up as a game update. PSN Japan already has it, other regions will soon.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The Muffinlord posted:

I tried to make one but it got claimed by Sunrise, no joke.

:(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Oh that one is positively amazing.

It's by the same guy who did the Unicorn 'Feed Me' vid linked earlier in the thread. He also did a couple of other Gundam 00 AMVs. This one's my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgSktwKs0Ew

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress me, Corin is gonna be fun.

According to the title, he's also gonna say the thing, so that's even more fun!

Edit: God, even the robots get kicked in the balls.

E2: Dianna is fuckin' adorbs.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 19, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, I gotta doublepost for this.

Does Turn A take place in the loving Southeast US? Because I saw that map.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

'Ameria'? Very probably.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm losing my poo poo here.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Not the entire show, no. Notice how it started in "Bostonia," which is pretty clearly Boston? But the arc you've gotten to is in and around Florida, yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I always felt like the show was taking place in a much smaller area because we've been following the same characters and seeing the same places, but I guess there has been a lot of air travel and the Appalachians Mountain Cycle must be large.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress Independence Day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So Mika is Big Boss, Orga is Kaz, Eugene is Ocelot, Kudelia is Paz, Dexter is Huey, and Biscuit is Johnny.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So Mika is Big Boss, Orga is Kaz, Eugene is Ocelot, Kudelia is Paz, Dexter is Huey, and Biscuit is Johnny.

Switch Eugene and Biscuit and you pretty much got it.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Since Gundam Breaker 3 seems like it's going to stay import only for a while I have taken drastic measures to get my gundam game fix.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The GIG posted:

Since Gundam Breaker 3 seems like it's going to stay import only for a while I have taken drastic measures to get my gundam game fix.

Crossfire is not a good game but it isn't the worst thing ever, it's just kind of low-budget and meh. I do like the extreme lethality of the combat though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The GIG posted:

Pull out, pull out, it's not worth it. I do find the locational damage pretty neat though. Having a Gundam game with a cross between Mechwarrior and Steel Battalion damage models plus Hawken style movement would be amazing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The GIG posted:

There's an English version of GB3. Don't do this to yourself...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If Loran only knew who was really wrapping his hand, this cave would have more spaghetti than an Olive Garden.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

There's an English version of GB3. Don't do this to yourself...

Can't afford to import and this was only 4.50 so I figured why not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LOUSANA.

I can't get over that this is America.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Also I immediately named my pilot after my Gundam Wing OC I had when I was a kid so I can finally canonize the life and times of Angel Sevens.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Somebody should have probably asked Corin what the gently caress he's talking about calling the White Doll a Gundam, especially seeing as he seems to be the only person who knows what a Gundam is in this series.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Somebody should have probably asked Corin what the gently caress he's talking about calling the White Doll a Gundam, especially seeing as he seems to be the only person who knows what a Gundam is in this series.

If the guy everyone knows is crazy starts calling things random nonsense words (from your perspective) would you really find it that odd.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Dianna was pointing a gun at Corin and basically yelling "I'M DIANNA SORIEL" and Loran's still "How'd ya know his name, Miss Kihel?"

Edit: Next time, An Older Woman. Good on you, Loran.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is Dianna literally Princess Kaguya?

Edit: I already love this Louisianan drill hair epaulette motherfucker.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 20, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Dianna literally Princess Kaguya?

Edit: I already love this Louisianan drill hair epaulette motherfucker.

She doesn't map super closely, but I'm prepared to bet there's some inspiration there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also I know these things aren't Zakus, but they're BASICALLY Zakus and I love them.