Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just hope this time they realise their grave error with Sticker Star and include actual stickers with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Face it Wii U havers, we will never have a proper Paper Mario RPG ever again. :negative:

That is a funny way to spell Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars sequel

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I thought the problem with Sticker Star's battle system was that normal non-boss battles were completely and utterly pointless

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the worst thing about sticker star is that they changed the action command for hammers

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Looper posted:

I thought the problem with Sticker Star's battle system was that normal non-boss battles were completely and utterly pointless

Yes. And also that all the bosses were puzzle bosses. Where the puzzle was "use this sticker or die."

At least up until the point I played, which was when it told me to do a scavenger hunt for a specific sticker that I had no way of knowing the location of without looking at a guide.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I am very excited for #FE, it's only six days away! I was a little uneasy about my purchase of it, but after seeing the gameplay, I'm glad that I'm going to own it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man Color Splash looks beautiful and cute and I wanna play it even if the gameplay is middling

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'll watch a Let's Play...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don't care about the battle system in sticker star. What I cared about was how it stripped away all the cool characters that were in past games and replaced them with generic toads. Color splash seems to be doing the same thing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i liked how the toads from different towns in SMRPG would all have different kinds of hats

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'll play color splash because nothing else is coming out.

Maybe I should pick up SF Zero. I'm still on the fence for how much it costs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

hatty posted:

I don't care about the battle system in sticker star. What I cared about was how it stripped away all the cool characters that were in past games and replaced them with generic toads. Color splash seems to be doing the same thing

The toads aren't really generic. They have a range of different quirky personalities and are usually pretty funny.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

The toads aren't really generic. They have a range of different quirky personalities and are usually pretty funny.

people don't care about the personality of a toad, they just care if the toad has a hat or glasses

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, there were plenty of interesting characters in Sticker Star. Most of them just happened to be Toads. Character design isn't everything.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SylvainMustach posted:

I'll play color splash because nothing else is coming out.

Maybe I should pick up SF Zero. I'm still on the fence for how much it costs.

Star Fox is very good, depending on how you felt about Splatoon's motion controls at least(I loved them)

Spellman
May 31, 2011

There are no Bumpty murder mysteries, so it's poo poo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

people don't care about the personality of a toad, they just care if the toad has a hat or glasses

I've never seen blue toad from 3D World + blue toad with glasses from the toad brigade in the same room :tinfoil:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Kamiya has been thinking about Bayonetta 3 lately. And Okami 2.

Also retail copies of Minecraft are apparently out in the USA.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Kamiya has been thinking about Bayonetta 3 lately. And Okami 2.

Kamiya has my blessing to continue thinking those things.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Would Capcom really go for giving Platinum the go-ahead for Okami? I was under the impression that Kamiya and his friends left Capcom under...rather difficult...conditions.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Patter Song posted:

Would Capcom really go for giving Platinum the go-ahead for Okami? I was under the impression that Kamiya and his friends left Capcom under...rather difficult...conditions.

I think it's just an issue of who's gonna put up the cash for the rights, if Nintendo or whoever wanted to do it I don't see why Capcom wouldn't take their money

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Patter Song posted:

Probably not, but we can dream.

Okamiden was a big disappointment but I'd still love to see a proper sequel.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Adventures of Incognito Man at E3.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Saoshyant posted:

The Adventures of Incognito Man at E3.

Is...is Kirishima slumming it pretending to be just an ordinary guy in the crowd at E3?

That's amazing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Patter Song posted:

Is...is Kirishima slumming it pretending to be just an ordinary guy in the crowd at E3?

That's amazing.

Well he's not as instantly recognizable as Iwata was so it works out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nintendo people are known to tour around E3 by themselves to check out on the competition. You can always find photos of Reggie or Miyamoto checking out random stuff.

The hilarious part to me is that all those enthusiasts (and you'd have to be one to be at E3) have no clue what the President of Nintendo looks like.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Star Fox is very good, depending on how you felt about Splatoon's motion controls at least(I loved them)

I love Splatoon's controls, so if that's how it goes, I'll probably enjoy it.

For those on the fence like me, it looks like Star Fox has been bumped down to 40 bucks on Amazon so now's probably a good time to pick it up!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Patter Song posted:

That's amazing.

Literally doing All Star Superman, nice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is #fe gonna be good

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mr E posted:

Is #fe gonna be good

Yes. Next question.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, there were plenty of interesting characters in Sticker Star. Most of them just happened to be Toads. Character design isn't everything.

It's pretty important though

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
but how good will #FE be

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Nobody here has even played it yet so it's all conjecture

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My bold statement is that it will be the best Wii U game of 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Help Im Alive posted:

My bold statement is that it will be the best Wii U game of 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That game is on like 12 different consoles though

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

what am i looking at

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

what am i looking at

Go ask the dust for any answers
Come back strong with fifty belly dancers

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Mr E posted:

Is #fe gonna be good

My guess is GOTY honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Saoshyant posted:

You can always find photos of Reggie or Miyamoto checking out random stuff.

Yeah, this is my favorite image from E3 this year by far:

• Locked thread