Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lets make a paper mario themed game that's a platformer, but it still controls like a paper mario game instead of having good mario physics, and instead of RPG combat the numbers get higher when you jump on things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

lets make a paper mario themed game that's a platformer, but it still controls like a paper mario game instead of having good mario physics, and instead of RPG combat the numbers get higher when you jump on things

Always up for a goon project, why not.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Super mario Gutter Trash. Next.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

meh. Nintendo games with platforming should stay in the 80s/90s where they belong imo. The more games that are closer to being like Fire Emblem the better for me tbqh.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

meh. Nintendo games with platforming should stay in the 80s/90s where they belong imo. The more games that are closer to being like Fire Emblem the better for me tbqh.

honestly i love games that don't give you the ability to dash until 10+ hours in

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's too bright

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

its not bright enough :getin:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

How come they don't realize that people just want TYD2 and keep doing all this gay poo poo instead of classic Paper Mario.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

rediscover posted:

How come they don't realize that people just want TYD2 and keep doing all this gay poo poo instead of classic Paper Mario.

*Sigh*, Let me explain so,ething to you:

A.) Game series evolve over time. Game play evolves over time. Deal with it.

Second: some of us, a particularly LARGE segment who make up Nintendos biggest customers (fire emblem and RPG gameplay in general) happen to like that "gay poo poo" ( :rolleyes: ) . You can take your potty mouth and dudebro culture over to Microsoft. I hear xbone fans are p. big fans of mindless action games. hth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

at this point the number of weird platformers outnumbers "classic" paper Mario so now super paper Mario is the classic template,

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they're called intelligent systems because they know what they are doing

Soral
May 30, 2009

i vaguely recall someone from nintendo repeatedly stressing that colour splash was NOT going to be like sticker star at all on twitter or something when it was first revealed. but here we are

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Soral posted:

i vaguely recall someone from nintendo repeatedly stressing that colour splash was NOT going to be like sticker star at all on twitter or something when it was first revealed. but here we are

i dont remember that at all or really anyone from nintendo being allowed to say anything about their games

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Super Paper Mario was loving trash

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
At least we can all agree that Thousand year door owns bones

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hey..how come in training gets the little metroid? what the gently caress

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't know

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welcome to the 10,001st imp zone mod!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

hey..how come in training gets the little metroid? what the gently caress

he's taking net cafes place as ik

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

does that mean he's a mod? well here's my take: all mod's are gay and need to be klled and i hate him now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

rediscover posted:

he's taking net cafes place as ik

lmao alright

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's great to be here,

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

idk but when it flops horribly they'll be certain no one wants paper mario games anymore

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Stoned playing oblivion

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it will sell a million copies and be epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Stoned playing oblivion

fugg u

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Stoned playing oblivion

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

skyward sword may be garbage except for feels princess zelda, but hell at least it's not made by bethesda or wholly or partly owned subsidiaries of the zenimax corporation

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

it will sell a million copies and be epic

itd be incredible if every single wiiu owner bought it lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i've already puchased 3 more wii u's and taped them to my original wii u to make a "homebrew" nx

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've already puchased 3 more wii u's and taped them to my original wii u to make a "homebrew" nx
Doing some Pokken tournament local multiplayer?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Whoa

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Congratulations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

It's great to be here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbL3A_GT9uw

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I liked skyward sword

Yes the sky was a poo poo version of wind wakers ocean

Yes some handicapped gamers couldn't work the motion controls

Yes the sword gave away puzzle solutions way too quickly without being asked

Yes the cloud "dungeon" was bad

Yes the stamina was strange

Yes the final boss wasn't "ganon" in a kinda self aware sorry for the bait and switch with zant way

But Groose and the feels, man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Groose and Zelda were the best parts of skyward

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

rediscover posted:

i think the idea is that mario and luigi is the mario rpg series while paper mario is the more experimental series. it kind of sucks that we'll never get ttyd2 tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my desire to see paper mario fans be upset vastly outweighs my desire to see another paper mario game that's better than just okay, which is what the last couple have been