Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ItBurns posted:

The irony is that this was a popular opinion when the game came out. How far we've come in having the court system overturn the laws made by our popularly elected governments..

Stop discriminating against aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Azazell0 posted:

Stop discriminating against aliens.

Build a wall roof to keep out the aliens.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
To be fair to the guy in-game complaining about LGBT groups being too pussy to stand up... to a mass shooter with an AR-15, I guess? That criticism seems to be one you can level against many groups of people.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Apoplexy posted:

To be fair to the guy in-game complaining about LGBT groups being too pussy to stand up... to a mass shooter with an AR-15, I guess? That criticism seems to be one you can level against many groups of people.

Conceal carry? Doesn't have to be a huge thing, just something small on an ankle strap.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
PULL UP PULL UP PULL UP

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Do charr characters have or need a concealed carry permit for the racial skill Hidden Pistol?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Illuyankas posted:

Do charr characters have or need a concealed carry permit for the racial skill Hidden Pistol?

No, but do you really want to wrestle it away?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Illuyankas posted:

p sure Charr have mandatory open carry laws

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Blood and Iron open carry, Ash concealed carries.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
But are there gender specific bathrooms in the Black Citadel?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

ceaselessfuture posted:

But are there gender specific bathrooms in the Black Citadel?

There are, but it doesn't really matter since any guy could just put a bow in his mane and walk in the ladies' room.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this conversation is cool and good and definitely not bad at all

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Seriously though, let's build a wall across the grove to keep the silvari out

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
jfc thread please stop making GBS threads yourself

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
MAKE THREAD GREAT AGAIN

:ironicat:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I didn't say deport ALL Inquest, just all ILLEGAL Inquest.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I'm advocating for a ban on all Sons of Svanir immigration

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Guild Wars 2 is actually pretty hilarious in its treatment of racism because all the various "races" of Tyria are all modeled on racist stereotypes, even as they're trying to make their terrible story about social justice (with Mordremoth causing people to be racist against Silvari and that sort of thing). They even use the kind of language that, say, British Imperialists did a century back, talking about "lesser" races and the like.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I think it's safe to say that Anet can't really write at all, and they definitely botch up lots of things.

Like, even on a logical level, they give every race their anti-faction(Inquest, sons, etc) yet some of the races give them huge plots of land inside their capital cities (Sons in Hoelbrak).

I get that maybe you're trying to show the benevolence of the player races, but why are all the anti-faction members of each faction 100% evil 100% of the time?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm still annoyed having to complete a living story instance while listening to two people bang on and on about their relationship during it with unskippable dialogue, unlike personal story. I'm like, "flush your personal problems with the rest of your crap!" already! This is a military operation! Who died and made me the leader of this mook squad?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Like, even on a logical level, they give every race their anti-faction(Inquest, sons, etc) yet some of the races give them huge plots of land inside their capital cities (Sons in Hoelbrak).

That's because both the Norn and Asura are extreme libertarians that have almost no rules other than a ban on fighting in their respective capital city. The norn especially don't actually have a government: the guys in charge of Hoelbrak are one family's militia with no presence outside that city. Isn't it the Lionguard who's actually fighting the Sons of Svanir in norn areas?

The Asura are supposed to be more of a cyberpunk kind of thing with independent companies doing whatever the hell, with the peacemaker feebly trying to avoid any more disasters like at that reactor in Metrica.

Edit: It's neat how the Lionguard have outposts all over the norn and Asura lands but only a small one at the very edge of charr territory.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 18, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

ceaselessfuture posted:

I think it's safe to say that Anet can't really write at all, and they definitely botch up lots of things.

I get that maybe you're trying to show the benevolence of the player races, but why are all the anti-faction members of each faction 100% evil 100% of the time?

There are some exceptions - defectors, some personal story dudes, etc. Personally I really like that they're bringing the White Mantle back (still later than I'd prefer) cause it means the anti-factions for each race aren't divided into groups - such as a renegade socio-military organisation, a religious group worshipping an evil ice lizard, an amoral scientific organisation, and a sadistic objectivist plant hive mind - and then some hobo muggers.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Seems like lots of Norn fight sons outside of Hoelbrak, but I take your point about the rest. I main a Charr so the intricacies of the other races doesn't come across often.

Living story S2 is also pretty insufferable and it's taking me a while to get through it largely due to the above reasons

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Personally I am confused as to why Hoelbrak gives territory to the Sons of Svanir since they pledge their loyalty to an Elder Dragon which historically are pure evil and apocalypse-causing.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Living in a frosty winter wonderland makes you... laid back.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The other locals like watching them get all buttmad at armed lady norns.

Sair
May 11, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Personally I am confused as to why Hoelbrak gives territory to the Sons of Svanir since they pledge their loyalty to an Elder Dragon which historically are pure evil and apocalypse-causing.

Hey, that doesn't make them wrong. Norntown is a judgement-free zone.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bringing back some focus onto the white mantle is definitely cool, and i can only hope that the mursaat become more of a thing again

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

bringing back some focus onto the white mantle is definitely cool, and i can only hope that the mursaat become more of a thing again

'divinity's reach' is actually an anagram of 'mursaat'

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ItBurns posted:

'divinity's reach' is actually an anagram of 'mursaat'

humans knew

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

quote:

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns - are there gender specific bathrooms in the Black Citadel?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

ceaselessfuture posted:

Seems like lots of Norn fight sons outside of Hoelbrak, but I take your point about the rest. I main a Charr so the intricacies of the other races doesn't come across often.

Living story S2 is also pretty insufferable and it's taking me a while to get through it largely due to the above reasons

Charr: we fight and fight and fight. So it has been, so it will be.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Don't forget Rata Sum has their own little section of the town that they give to the Inquest

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Even Shattrath in WoW has both factions residing there, albeit on opposite sides.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hey is whomever was doing it still running those HP run nights?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Litter boxes

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Well...they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

xera fight isnt mechanically complex it just has massive amounts of poo poo everywhere

• Locked thread