Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

SoupyTwist posted:

Is there a mod that tells you where your remaining Gwent cards are? I don't want to scour all of Velen to find the one dude who has the card I didn't play for.
Yeah the mod is called "1.20 patch"

quote:

Adds book titled 'A Miraculous Guide to Gwent' which displays number of gwent
cards missing from player's base-game collection and information on where to find
them, thus facilitating completion of achievement titled Collect 'Em All. Tome in
question can be obtained either from gwent playing scholar in Prologue or from
merchant near St. Gregory's Bridge in Gildorf district of Novigrad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yeah the mod is called "1.20 patch"

True, but it doesn't tell you much beyond '1 card in Velen' which is not hugely helpful.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

SoupyTwist posted:

Is there a mod that tells you where your remaining Gwent cards are? I don't want to scour all of Velen to find the one dude who has the card I didn't play for.

well it's not like any of them are off the beaten track. just go to any of the towns via the fast travel, it's usually always a merchant or a quest giver who has them. probably take less then 10 mins.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'm finding NG+ kinda weird, because lots of random goons are absolute tanks when it comes to HP. In the heist mission, if it weren't for alt Axii, I could have been there all night hacking at the guards with my wooden sword.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Vikar Jerome posted:

well it's not like any of them are off the beaten track. just go to any of the towns via the fast travel, it's usually always a merchant or a quest giver who has them. probably take less then 10 mins.

There's no way to tell if they still have a card until you beat them and don't get one as a prize. If you're missing one card in all of Velen, you're conceivably looking at one Gwent match with every merchant on the map, which will take a lot longer than 10 minutes.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I made the manticore armor set without realizing it's the same design as the witcher 1 armor. Looks just as ugly as it did years ago, which is unfortunate for me since I am an alchemy build, and it's incredible for that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Hobo Clown posted:

There's no way to tell if they still have a card until you beat them and don't get one as a prize. If you're missing one card in all of Velen, you're conceivably looking at one Gwent match with every merchant on the map, which will take a lot longer than 10 minutes.

gwent matches don't take anymore than a few mins if that. if they do then you need to get better at gwent.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
There was a website that catalogued what cards you get from whom. That's how I beat the "collect them all" quest.

There's a bunch that are random reward cards and you just gotta travel to a bunch of merchants/armorers and challenge them

My suggestion is that once you challenge a NPC keep playing until you win. That way when you talk to them later the G went challenge dialogue being gray will be a hint that you already got a card from them.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I've started a replay of Witcher 1 and why, why, why didn't they keep the composer for that? I mean, I like the soundtracks for the other two games, some tracks are awesome, but I don't think they come close to the atmosphere of the Witcher 1 soundtrack. It's just fantastic.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So I just did the quest in Velen on Fyke Isle where you get rid of the curse. I looked online at the end and apparently should have had a choice when it comes to helping the ghost or not, but I didn't have one. My only option was to help it or just leave. I ended up helping it even though I didn't want to because that was the only way I could figure out to finish the quest. What did I miss? I explored everything in the tower I could so I don't know why I didn't get the other option. I feel really bad for Graham. And that city she ruined.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

So I just did the quest in Velen on Fyke Isle where you get rid of the curse. I looked online at the end and apparently should have had a choice when it comes to helping the ghost or not, but I didn't have one. My only option was to help it or just leave. I ended up helping it even though I didn't want to because that was the only way I could figure out to finish the quest. What did I miss? I explored everything in the tower I could so I don't know why I didn't get the other option. I feel really bad for Graham. And that city she ruined.

You need to identify the inconsistencies in the ghost's story or try to leave without promising to help it - either option will make it reveal its true nature and lead to a fight. Visiting Graham after that should let you explore the alternate route.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Far as I know if the book says you need a card from X location then that means you have to buy it from an innkeep, in one case from a liberated shoopkeeper to the southwest of Velen or win it from a named NPC.

The cards you get from beating random merchants are not tied to any location and tracked separately.

If that guy really is missing only one it's probably from a match with someone important.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Hobo Clown posted:

If "Play me Gwent?" is gray, then you can ignore them. Unless you lost to them once then walked away.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Det_no posted:

Far as I know if the book says you need a card from X location then that means you have to buy it from an innkeep, in one case from a liberated shoopkeeper to the southwest of Velen or win it from a named NPC.

The cards you get from beating random merchants are not tied to any location and tracked separately.

If that guy really is missing only one it's probably from a match with someone important.

Nope, Miraculous Guide to Gwent has something to the effect of "no special cards left" if you have all named matches. I'm pretty sure I have to find that fabled Claywich merchant for instance.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Vikar Jerome posted:

gwent matches don't take anymore than a few mins if that. if they do then you need to get better at gwent.

If you don't know who still has a card, you might have to go merchant to merchant until you find them. Even if you breeze through every game it'll take longer than 10 minutes when you're doing it 40+ times.

Jack of Hearts posted:

If "Play me Gwent?" is gray, then you can ignore them. Unless you lost to them once then walked away.

I'll have to look again but I think my text is always white, even if I've played them before, unless it's yellow for a quest. For the record I don't know how many I'm missing yet because I haven't even unlocked all of the game's locations. I just find I'm playing merchants more than once to be safe because the game doesn't make it obvious if you've already beaten them.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Today I copied my witcher 3 steam folder into an external hard drive and went to update it on my laptop at a place where I could get a faster download speed. I copied just the steam files from my desktop to the external. Then I copied the files to my laptop, updated it earlier today. It said installed. Exited steam, copied it back to my external and then over to my desktop. Problem is, now I try to launch it from my desktop and it's saying that it needs a 3.8 or so gb download. There's no way an updated got released in that half an hour. Any ideas? I've deleted my game file on my desktop so it's not like installing replaced copies. I'm trying it again now. The weird thing is, on the external it's like 49.3 gb. On my desktop, it's like 46 gb and saying that it needs to download 4 more. It happens every time I copy it from the external to steam. If I don't validate on steam, I can run the exe and start the game it seems. Don't know what the gently caress.

Downloading the extra 3gb is not an option. Either need to figure it out, run it from the exe, or bring my desktop somewhere where I can download the 3gb.

EDIT: I will just verify the game cache next time I can get on the internet with my laptop. That is probably the problem. Verify, put it back onto the external, copy and paste it into my steam library on the desktop. I think that should hopefully work. Does it make a difference if my laptop doesn't have the minimum requirements to actually play the game? I mean install files are install files, right?

EDIT: by the grace of Gaben, it worked this time. Hell yeah.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 19, 2016

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Hobo Clown posted:

If you don't know who still has a card, you might have to go merchant to merchant until you find them. Even if you breeze through every game it'll take longer than 10 minutes when you're doing it 40+ times.

I'll have to look again but I think my text is always white, even if I've played them before, unless it's yellow for a quest. For the record I don't know how many I'm missing yet because I haven't even unlocked all of the game's locations. I just find I'm playing merchants more than once to be safe because the game doesn't make it obvious if you've already beaten them.

It's very subtle. There's quest advancing yellow, white, and some kind of yellowed tinted white.

I don't remember if it goes to gray or the flat white when you play them once but it changes.

It'll be that yellowy white and not white white if you haven't played them.

Ether that or I've gone mad and convinced myself there's another color.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
I don't play Gwent so I guess it could be different, but even shopkeeper options permanently turn gray once you've selected them.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Eggnogium posted:

I don't play Gwent so I guess it could be different, but even shopkeeper options permanently turn gray once you've selected them.

Yes. It's the same thing.

I'm just saying that I always noticed the Gwent challenge dialog looked not white but not yellow.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
HELLO

MY NAME IS GUY INCOGNITO

also that appearances mod is fun.

Too bad that hiding your body and using a full body set like Regis or Dettlaff chops your fingers off. Also I can get a full hood and cloak but it hides Geralt's limbs so you're just a floating cloak chopping off torsos.

Which is still funny, of course. :v:

Edit:

Ice Fist posted:

I think it looks cool :(

Me too. I dyed my shirt black and it looks like Geralt's got a cool biker jacket :c00l:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 19, 2016

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Optimus Subprime posted:

I made the manticore armor set without realizing it's the same design as the witcher 1 armor. Looks just as ugly as it did years ago, which is unfortunate for me since I am an alchemy build, and it's incredible for that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I just lost the B&W Gwent tourney. Boy howdy that Nilfgaard guy got *every* spy in his deck and used Villentretenmerth like a champ to counter all my good poo poo. War horned Olaf? Gone. The handmaidens Cerys brought out? Decoy Villentretenmerth, replay him, all gone. Berserkers? Scorched. I ran out of delaying cards and just had to lay them out. The Skellige deck is pretty good, but not nearly as consistently good as your standard spies deck. It's basically a much better monster deck.

Not bothering to redo it either. The trophy doesn't mean that much to me to want to try and redo two consecutive gwent games in order to advance.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Ice Fist posted:

If you mess around with dyeing it you can get the set looking pretty slick. I made my Manticore set all-white and Geralt looks like he's wearing a pimp suit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anyone else been getting frequent menu crashes since the patches came out? I have a one in four chance of a crash every time I open my inventory panel.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Since I'm finally on the main B&W questline, can someone give me a hint about how to get the apparently easy to miss best ending while spoiling as little as possible?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Sindai posted:

Since I'm finally on the main B&W questline, can someone give me a hint about how to get the apparently easy to miss best ending while spoiling as little as possible?

1. Go find Syanna instead of the Unseen Elder.
2. Read the whole drat diary. Generally do loving everything.
3. Get the lady her memento back.
4. Be understanding and nice to Syanna and push both sisters to reconcile.

Magni fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 19, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sindai posted:

Do the first option during the last quest
Do all the quests in the final area
Do the optional objectives for the epilogue / read everything

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Hobo Clown posted:

Nah the text is definitely supposed to grey out on people you've played before.

Can you tell the difference between the colours in these dialogue options?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 19, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is it possible to mod the music in this game so that I can enjoy the pam pa ram dubstep remix at all times

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Digirat posted:

Is it possible to mod the music in this game so that I can enjoy the pam pa ram dubstep remix at all times

This brought immeasurable joy to my life. I thank you.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

vandalism posted:

This brought immeasurable joy to my life. I thank you.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Okay, every B&W quest I could find completed - is there anything else as hidden as Equine Phantoms or Extreme Cosplay?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Digirat posted:

Please tell me there's a follow-up with,"♪ Rain rain rain I like rain! ♪" :allears:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
nws

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 20, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I am considering starting a playthrough of all the Witcher games in order, since I never played Witcher 1 and barely remembered poo poo from 2 when playing 3.

Does anyone know if there are any choices that you make in Witcher 1 that will affect Witcher 3?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any reason to keep the Viper swords from White Orchard? Can they be upgraded at all?

Jack Trades posted:

I am considering starting a playthrough of all the Witcher games in order, since I never played Witcher 1 and barely remembered poo poo from 2 when playing 3.

Does anyone know if there are any choices that you make in Witcher 1 that will affect Witcher 3?

Nope, even though they should(a character who appears in Witcher 3 can die in 1 but he'll still be alive regardless).

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

RatHat posted:

Any reason to keep the Viper swords from White Orchard? Can they be upgraded at all?

There's later Viper gear, but it doesn't require the original swords, so not really.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can Ciri take Witcher Potions without side effects? I watched the Witcher Ciri ending for Blood and Wine and she mentioned downing some Black Blood to beat her Vampire contract. Now her Elder Blood is powerful, but is it that powerful to bypass the need for Trials of the Grasses?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
She got some of the preparation stuff as child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Riso posted:

She got some of the preparation stuff as child.

Not much though; Triss put a stop to it before they permanently wrecked her hormone balance. They're usually pretty specific about the vicious effects potions have on the body, so that line stuck out to me.