Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
When oh when will the world be fair to a man who has never known anything besides fabulous wealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Maoist Pussy posted:

The tribune of the plebes was never an actual plebe. Any historian knows that.

and any trump supporter knows words don't mean things

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oiled and Ready posted:

We know, Karl. People like you are why people who laugh with him get to watch, because combined you make him the best for ratings. So you're still helping him. Enjoy the show!

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.
You're gonna go far
-Bobby Knight

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Karl Sharks posted:

and any trump supporter knows words don't mean things

words are whistles, sharpen the pipes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

babypolis posted:

i wonder what noted idiot scott adams has to say about trumps decline

oh

as it turns out a broken clock is only right twice a day

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

a cop posted:

Lol. Trump makes 47% comments every day. Nothing from the fundraisers would matter.

I was just thinking about that the other day. That one leaked comment to a private group clinched Obama's reelection. If Trump said it at a public rally no one would even report it had been said.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Engaging with MP is both cool and good, because of worthwhile posts like "hillary sux".

Although it is gratifying to see the tone of the alt-right shift from "Can't stump the Trump, no breaks on the train" to "the electorate is unworthy , the game is rigged against the man with fewer supporters." I guess reality must be leaking in, even Trump's starting to notice his bad results. Put me in mind of those op-ed pieces complaining about the failures of democracy the GOP establishment put out when Trump took the nomination.

It'll be funny to see the Trumpists go through the same motions, although I suspect they'll lean more on open bigotry over women and minorities even getting to vote. Expect to see a lot more on the dreaded "identity politics".

Edit: the idea of a Trump "47%" comment is that if what he says in public is already this crazy, what must he say in private? I bet the actual scandal would be him admitting his rallies are mostly an act and he doesn't actually care about Walls and Muslim bans.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The rallies are really smart and good for politics. They are actually cheap to run because there is existing party catering and printing companies in every medium sized town. It is way cheaper then running television ads. This is why Trump revised his estimates for campaign fundraising. He does not intend to run any television ads or allow SuperPACs to run them. He wants to run a classic stump speech campaign across America. His plan for taking New York and California is to do a lot of rallies and get approval of locals.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yes, the better candidate is losing in the polls to a steaming turd. People are mostly big gay babies and the electoral college is not in his favor, so he was never likely to beat the coastal money establishment.

and you know how mp feels about the gays

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bobby Knight is a guy who will choke out teens and pick fights in a grocery store because he's mad about something. He's a Trump guy to the core and his endorsement was never really in doubt

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
trump doesn't hold rallies mainly cuz election he holds them mainly cuz he likes the attention

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

DrPlump posted:

The rallies are really smart and good for politics. They are actually cheap to run because there is existing party catering and printing companies in every medium sized town. It is way cheaper then running television ads. This is why Trump revised his estimates for campaign fundraising. He does not intend to run any television ads or allow SuperPACs to run them. He wants to run a classic stump speech campaign across America. His plan for taking New York and California is to do a lot of rallies and get approval of locals.

If he only does rallies and stump speeches it'll be hard to reach people outside his hardcore fans, the sort of people who'll happily set aside a whole day to glory in Trump. Part of the point of advertising campaigns is to reach independents and even supporters of the other party, attack ads for example can't really be replaced by rallies since the target audience doesn't go to those.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DrPlump posted:

The rallies are really smart and good for politics.

terrible for winning though. see: bernie sanders

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Please clap for Governor Jeb! Bush!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The point of ads is to hit people relentlessly instead of maybe twice in 6 months, and to encourage turnout among the majority of your party that is probably willing to vote for you but not willing to be forced through a pulsating, sweaty mass of shirtless Hispanic protesters because that's how his rallies are viewed.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DrPlump posted:

and this helps with his atrocious favorables how?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Trump attempting the little seen "I don't actually need your money, I could easily fund this all myself" fundraising appeal.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DynamicSloth posted:

Trump attempting the little seen "I don't actually need your money, I could easily fund this all myself" fundraising appeal.

"if i need to put up 1b of my own money i will"

months later, losing double digits in polls

"i don't actually need 1b"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

The rallies are great because they keep Trump busy so he doesn't have time do anything actually worthwhile.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Something about "kicking out the towelheads who come here to kill our faggots."

The altright that was pro-Charlie Hebdo is now :qq:

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
I have to believe that at some point the media will get bored of his rallies and stop covering them, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Xandu posted:

I have to believe that at some point the media will get bored of his rallies and stop covering them, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

He just can't stop saying completely stupid bullshit, much like dr plumps very not tired gimmick of "everything trump does is very very smart"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Democracy is merely but the tyrant of the mob

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Dolash posted:

Engaging with MP is both cool and good, because of worthwhile posts like "hillary sux".

Although it is gratifying to see the tone of the alt-right shift from "Can't stump the Trump, no breaks on the train" to "the electorate is unworthy , the game is rigged against the man with fewer supporters." I guess reality must be leaking in, even Trump's starting to notice his bad results. Put me in mind of those op-ed pieces complaining about the failures of democracy the GOP establishment put out when Trump took the nomination.

It'll be funny to see the Trumpists go through the same motions, although I suspect they'll lean more on open bigotry over women and minorities even getting to vote. Expect to see a lot more on the dreaded "identity politics".

Edit: the idea of a Trump "47%" comment is that if what he says in public is already this crazy, what must he say in private? I bet the actual scandal would be him admitting his rallies are mostly an act and he doesn't actually care about Walls and Muslim bans.

You really need to get a grip, dude. The Wall and a Muslim ban would be cool as poo poo, but nobody sane thinks they are going to happen, any more than the poo poo Bernie was saying ever would.

The world will go on, the establishment candidate will win, the middle class will keep disappearing, and a few more of the sociopaths that run the world will be female sociopaths, and we will all hail this as a great victory.

Your fingernails will grow back, but that nagging new issue with E.D. will never really go away. You will have a hearty chuckle over the loud man who said that illegal immigration and outsourcing were actually bad for American workers racists.

Your daughter will suffer beatings after her marriage to a refugee from the new State of Daesh, but you will rationalize it as cultural differences. Your gay grandson will be thrown from a roof. An endless dark age will engulf humanity, forever. Almost. Until...

The earth will be swallowed by the Sun, and a new star will eventually crush our atoms into GOLD.

Seeing this, the Great Oversoul will realize where it had all gone wrong, and the choice we should have made, finally, before the lights go out for the last time.

TRUMP!

*click*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/08/26/revised-republican-national-convention-schedule/

Remember, in both 2008 and 2012 the first day of the RNC was cancelled due to inclement weather, so they've had two cycles in a row of abbreviated conventions.

This is an old listing of 2012's events, day by day. Dozens of dozens of speakers from mid-afternoon to night.

I'd suggest scrolling through that and thinking about what Trump's going to fill in all that time. Not even just the prime-time slots, but those countless hours of daytime convention. Who is Trump going to have on stage talking at 3PM on Wednesday or whatever? Trump has so few high-profile backers that they'll all want to be in primetime.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/744274852438118400

I'll believe that when I see it

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
The earlier pic of the inflatable Trump klansman really didn't do justice to the scale of the thing.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karl Sharks posted:

Are you saying people don't like the rallies? He is getting the great people of <CITY> out of their homes and on their feet. Even the protesters are having fun.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yes, the better candidate is losing in the polls to a steaming turd. People are mostly big gay babies and the electoral college is not in his favor, so he was never likely to beat the coastal money establishment.

it would help if your guy wasnt such a whiny piece of poo poo

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Al! posted:

and you know how mp feels about the gays

You got a negative attitude, Al. That's what's stopping you.

You gotta get your act together. I'll help you.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Xandu posted:

Every rally Trump holds in a non-battleground state is already a win for the Democrats, that's not even taking into account the near certainty that he'll say something idiotic that hurts his campaign. 135 million Americans will vote in November of that a couple million in the deep red base will have seen and been influenced by a rally.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

DynamicSloth posted:

Every rally Trump holds in a non-battleground state is already a win for the Democrats, that's not even taking into account the near certainty that he'll say something idiotic that hurts his campaign. 135 million Americans will vote in November of that a couple million in the deep red base will have seen and been influenced by a rally.

Eh...all candidates visit their home bases as an ATM during the campaign. You can bet Clinton will spend a fair amount of time touching bases with rich Democrats in NY and CA. Trump going to TX to raise cash is the least "red flag" thing he's done this week.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Eh...all candidates visit their home bases as an ATM during the campaign. You can bet Clinton will spend a fair amount of time touching bases with rich Democrats in NY and CA. Trump going to TX to raise cash is the least "red flag" thing he's done this week.

The only difference is that Trump doesn't have the campaign infrastructure to really allow for that. Every minute he spends focusing on some stupid Twitter war or holding a rally in Texas is a minute he's not focusing on on winning battleground states.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

it would help if your guy wasnt such a whiny piece of poo poo

Well, no. It would help if he was a focused and serious campaigner with enough vision to co-opt some of Bernie's approach and fuse it into a real agenda of anti-globalist nationalist. The bit you are complaining about is your own personal issue.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Von Sloneker posted:

The earlier pic of the inflatable Trump klansman really didn't do justice to the scale of the thing.

Professional protesters are so pathetic and stupid.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

Well, no. It would help if he was a focused and serious campaigner with enough vision to co-opt some of Bernie's approach and fuse it into a real agenda of anti-globalist nationalist. The bit you are complaining about is your own personal issue.

nah hes a whiny pissbaby who is used to everything going his way thanks to daddys money. hes a piece of poo poo who has continually profited off the working class and you and your ilk are incredibly retarded for supporting him as some kind of leftist

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can't argue Trump is dumb for not running ads without considering he is killing Hillary in the amount of coverage he is getting on the news. People only tune into the news channels when they want to see what crazy poo poo Trump is up to today. Then Hillary tries to make them see Trump more during their stories. I get that ads are good but their effect is getting exposure on television. You can't argue that Trump isn't effectively getting exposure on television.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Maoist Pussy posted:

The fact that he's a whiny, entitled, narcissistic piece of poo poo is the reason he's not a focused and serious campaigner.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

Patter Song posted:

The red flag is his demand to always hold a rally in the same place. Rallies themselves are of extremely limited value in a general election, but rallies in a non-battleground state is an insane waste of time and resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

DrPlump posted:

You can't argue Trump is dumb for not running ads without considering he is killing Hillary in the amount of coverage he is getting on the news. People only tune into the news channels when they want to see what crazy poo poo Trump is up to today. Then Hillary tries to make them see Trump more during their stories. I get that ads are good but their effect is getting exposure on television. You can't argue that Trump isn't effectively getting exposure on television.

Sure, he's great at that. But Trump seems to think getting exposure = winning, and the polls show that is clearly not true. If Trump could hold a rally where he didn't say stupid poo poo that offends half the electorate and still get press coverage, then he'd be in a great position.

• Locked thread