Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

bad metaphors posted:

Add the Consensual Rape to Your Seduction Game with This PUA Tutorial

Devour our our

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

"Unmoving shimmy" is the worst term ever invented

It sounds anime as gently caress

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
when you can shimmy without moving goku you will be ready for the next stage of this training

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

"What are you trying to tell me? That I can shimmy to move away from pokes?"

"No, Neo. What I'm trying to tell you is that when you're ready, you won't have to move"

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 18, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

AnonSpore posted:

It's funniest because they are literally describing poking.

The game is so simplistic, dude made a video about how to use a target combo while rushing down.

Im surprised he didn't make a video about how to find necalli on the select screen

I'm fine with simple but who is the target for this game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

OLD ASIAN MAN: Use this controller to shimmy away from my attacks without getting hit once

1986 EDDIE MURPHY: There's no stick on this controller. There's no way to move.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"What are you trying to tell me? That I can shimmy to bait throws?"

"No, scrub. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to."

e: gdi owned

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Mooom! Pull the cord, quick! This guy is shimmying me.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

I went to school with the guy who made that vid. Pretty surreal.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

AnonSpore posted:

I love it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ChazTurbo posted:

I went to school with the guy who made that vid. Pretty surreal.

Should've bullied him more, imo.

Holy poo poo, people wanna make tech videos but this is literally "spacing a poke properly".

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my tech video

you hold the home button until the game goes back to game and power options menu and then you select "close application" and then you confirm your selection

and then you wish you could get a refund for this awful game that you bought

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

NecroMonster posted:

my tech video

you hold the home button until the game goes back to game and power options menu and then you select "close application" and then you confirm your selection

and then you wish you could get a refund for this awful game that you bought

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Dias posted:

Should've bullied him more, imo.

Holy poo poo, people wanna make tech videos but this is literally "spacing a poke properly".

And is spacing a poke properly intuitive in Street Fighter Vee not to be confused with the old rear end anime Street Fighter Vee.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okay, so I wanted to test something out in the game real quick (basically a proof-of-concept for my DON'T TECH JUST MASH JAB" Universal Theory of Throws Sucking), so I opened SFV on Steam. Then I realized it wasn't responding to my inputs. "Oh, poo poo, yeah, I need to have Joy2Key on". So I turn Joy2Key on...and still nothing. After 10min of bumbling around, I remember that for whatever reason, if I had my PS3 pad plugged in the system before, Joy2Key reads my Hori controller as P2...and I can't control poo poo as P2 in SFV. So I'd need to reset the system to test the stupid thing.

Moral of the story is gently caress Capcom.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

And is spacing a poke properly intuitive in Street Fighter Vee not to be confused with the old rear end anime Street Fighter Vee.

thats called 'street fighter 2 v'

they were trying to warn us

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Love Stole the Day posted:

that's also how i feel about this thread, coincidentally

The Tekken babies just feel like the sequels were unplayable levels of bad due to added and/or changed mechanics. SFV has a million problems that sort of add up to a pretty frustrating experience without ever getting into whether you like the core game or not.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Dantarion has released dinput drivers for SFV. They work.

https://github.com/dantarion/SF5DInput/releases/tag/valpha-0.0.2

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

A.o.D. posted:

Are these drivers just for SFV or for games in general?

My fightstick drivers have been wonky as gently caress since the last Windows 10 preview build.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Are these drivers just for SFV or for games in general?

My fightstick drivers have been wonky as gently caress since the last Windows 10 preview build.

The instructions on the page say to stick it in a specific sfv folder, so I'm going to assume that this is a SFV only driver. However, Dantarion said that it took him like an hour to create the drivers, so it might be possible to DIY.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In other news, I promise never to call Capcom amateur hour ever again, because amateurs can actually accomplish something in an hour.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zand posted:

when I try to elaborate on this people just think I'm mad or something so no lol. practically anyone who has experience playing a variety of old games will come to the same conclusion, so my recommendation to you is to download fightcade and a bunch of roms and then just go ham playing games with your friends and then try to play SFV with them afterwards.

edit: oh, but one of the clearest 2 reasons why are that almost nothing feels powerful and there is 8 frames of input lag. old games that succeeded had snappy controls and poo poo that felt powerful and fun to do

I do have fightcade, and when I play people in 3rd strike, the game feels responsive, and fun; sometimes I parry by accident and do something sort of cool on reaction. I lose a lot but I'm having fun, and I feel like I would have been really seriously into the game if I had discovered it during it's hayday.

In SFV, it was a battle of frustration when trying to play the game online. It felt like playing underwater, and the simple things that I know I can do (baiting a wakeup, jumping over and punishing fireballs on reaction, and anti airing) were needlessly difficult. Also the music is awful and the characters look like poo poo.

That's the best I got as far as explaination.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A.o.D. posted:

cool, let me get right on not playing SFV some more.

A.o.D. posted:

In other news, I promise never to call Capcom amateur hour ever again, because amateurs can actually accomplish something in an hour.

Thats the spirit!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
For anyone interested, the Discord battle lounge went up. Password is 3774 if anyone's interested.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

I tried the last one and for whatever reason they stopped working, so I'll try again. Man, A SINGLE DUDE can kinda do this, why can't you, Capcom?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

I saw your SFV videos on youtube today and I thought to myself, "what a shame a lot of effort and love went into these, unlike SFV."

I'm like 3 pages late on this but thank you. I haven't done any vids in a while but I will try to get back into it soon!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm like 3 pages late on this but thank you. I haven't done any vids in a while but I will try to get back into it soon!

Gotta be quick, man, we're already doing unmoving crouching shimmies and soon enough the tech well will dry off. :v:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Gotta be quick, man, we're already doing unmoving crouching shimmies and soon enough the tech well will dry off. :v:

Truth. I've been pretty de-motivated on SF5 lately - I definitley still like the gameplay, but the online experience is pretty lovely right now, and with the character delays I'm not particularly motivated. My plan is for the next few videos I want to talk about more general FG concepts rather than SF5 specific stuff.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

When's revelator coming to PC?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jmcrofts posted:

no, no need. There are better ways to spend your time than on a dead game.

E:

If you do one just make a ken jump in tutorial seeing as punishing in this game is a joke.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Garrand posted:

When's revelator coming to PC?

going by the gap between console/pc for the last version 2018

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

darealkooky posted:

going by the gap between console/pc for the last version 2018

The gap was actually only a year. Dec 2014 to Dec 2015.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
PC version of xrd was better than console in my opinion.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that's an opinion i've heard a lot of actually.

and being as you could strip down pc xrd until it only had 1 frame of input lag, and like loving two frames total online, i'm going to have to agree

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

PC version of xrd was better than console in my opinion.

All i want is all versions of the game to be the same and play with each other.

For -sign- arcsys put patches out selectively in different regions and a pc version with totally revamped online systems that were never updated for console.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
GGs to the 7-8 people who showed up for the battle lounge.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_cnut8prOQ

This is like the dumbest semi-finals I've ever seen, especially the final round.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 19, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

bhsman posted:

GGs to the 7-8 people who showed up for the battle lounge.

I'll try to be there next week, watching a car a race this evening

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_cnut8prOQ

This is like the dumbest semi-finals I've ever seen, especially the final round.

god Marn looks even more hideous in the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So I got bored tonight