Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Face of the Dying Fun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thoatse posted:

Should we tell Derek his current LoD promotional picture looks like a giant rear end with a Line of DefenceTM buttplug in it?

e: used a civilized image host

Its a real jewel in the rough :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rabblerabble posted:

Star Catizen

haha

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
New Photoshop challenge? Make a new LoD title screen.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Something's wrong with me.
I'm getting a constant feeling of deja vu.

Like this might be a bit poo poo again.

e: But seriously, i'm having a feeling i've already read the past 5 pages before.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

Yeah probably.

DECEMBER 16TH 2013

Chris Roberts discovers the dog fighting module won't be ready for 2013.

Citizen Con should be a laugh.

This just in, CitizenCon 2016 cancelled!

When asked, Mr Roberts was quoted as saying: "Uhh, well. Its... its its, its NOT about how WE have litt~not very much new to SHOW you. I-uh. I was just uh, worried ummmm.... you know *waves hands* that some of the BACKERS might be a-errr too overexcitable. That and we *chuckle* we... we've had reports of Eastern Europeans with knives and guns. That aside errr.... 2017, folks! Gonna be saving PC Gaming uhh.... next YEAR!"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TacticalNecromancy posted:

It's a Finn-StuG, hence the stealth logs and stealth green. Soviets cannot see green tanks; they can only hear the clanking.

Also, big catte.

Your catte is worn down and could use some color :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Message me for more info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1rqhymeF8

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TerraGoetia posted:

My vision is pretty lovely. If I squint I can sometimes tell that blobs are people. I guess I don't have what it takes to make the Best drat Somethin-er-other Ever.

Become a Master of Ships today!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Become a Master of Ships today!

That's a bit below the belt that you can back right now on Kickstarter

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

what happen commado?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Also Beet Wagon poisons his dog with chicken every day (except for saturdays which are mackerel day)

Somebody notify PI

But, but, he never actually ATE the chicken! He just threatened it and ran away...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

DoctorStrangelove posted:

what happen commado?

I've sent you a message commando

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Thoatse posted:

The way CIG has loopholed the continuation of LTI sales after pinky swearing they wouldn't reminds me of the loopholes religious people find to circumvent rituals they know are stupid but are still committed to the charade.

Like Orthodox Jewish people that have those 'Sabbath Certified' appliances that you program on Friday to run on automatic on Saturday so that you can still have all the conveniences of modern life like cooked food and cold drinks without technically having to 'operate'
machinery that day or elevators that just stop at every floor on Saturday so they don't have to physically push the buttons.

Or like Morman girls that will only do it in the butt to maintain their pledge with god and remain pure.

Or Amish people using payphones or having someone else flip the switch on a power tool so they can use it.

Islamic morgages, etc... all a bunch of mental gymnastics that circumvent the spirit of 'laws' without violating the letter of them, just like CIG with their 'LTI will never be available again' original pressure tactic they later loopholed into a renewable nitrous boost.

It's not just Mormon girls. I used to have an ex that was not Mormon and that was the way she rolled. I was like :shrug: "Ok."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I only do it in the butt, but for other reasons

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/743813972504125440

Roy on twitter is cracking me up, boy does that guy hate the company he works for.

And he's banned me too. I feel special.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

AP posted:

Yeah probably.

DECEMBER 16TH 2013

Chris Roberts discovers the dog fighting module won't be ready for 2013.

Citizen Con should be a laugh.

I hadn't read this in a while and my god, doesn't it hit home just how little progress they have made. Read this excerpt...

Chris Roberts posted:

As I explained during the live stream, we’ve been debating internally what would be the best use of time and resources for the overall development of the game, to keep as close as possible to our original schedule of the Alpha of Star Citizen’s Persistent Universe towards the end of 2014, and the “public” release 2015.

The incredible surge in funding this year has helped the long term picture. We have been able to ramp up sooner and wider than we originally thought. This means more features and content will be in the game at launch. We’re further along than originally planned in building the tech for the persistent and instancing server backend which will ultimately drive Star Citizen. Both Squadron 42 and First Person Personal combat / boarding have full teams working in parallel, in addition to the teams in Los Angeles, Austin and Montreal working on the Dogfighting and Planetside components. We have smaller groups of people supporting these efforts from CGBot in Austin & Monterrey, Mexico and Void Alpha in San Francisco.

In 2013 they were 'further along than originally planned' with the persistence and yet 2.4 is what they have now, 2 and a half years later. They've had teams working on 'planetside combat' for all this time and yet they can show nothing. How can anyone think this project is healthy? How can people still have enough belief in this thing to be getting excited and buying ships.

Some feedback from my 'Stop buying ships!' campaign. The shitizens might be prepared to show their displeasure with the state of things by cancelling their subscriptions but they sure as hell aren't ready to stop buying jpegs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ognd8/psa_stop_buying_ships/

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

:stare:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wrecked Angle posted:

I hadn't read this in a while and my god, doesn't it hit home just how little progress they have made. Read this excerpt...

In 2013 they were 'further along than originally planned' with the persistence and yet 2.4 is what they have now, 2 and a half years later. They've had teams working on 'planetside combat' for all this time and yet they can show nothing. How can anyone think this project is healthy? How can people still have enough belief in this thing to be getting excited and buying ships.

Some feedback from my 'Stop buying ships!' campaign. The shitizens might be prepared to show their displeasure with the state of things by cancelling their subscriptions but they sure as hell aren't ready to stop buying jpegs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ognd8/psa_stop_buying_ships/

I tried to help out, but I couldn't be bothered to keep going round the loop of
"Why do they need more money?"
"They don't need more money!"
"Then buying ships is just paying to avoid playing the game. Why would you do that?"
"I'm funding the game!"
"But you said the game doesn't need more money?"
"It doesn't!"

I'm finding it hard to hate CIG for taking money off the supporters they still have. If they didn't con the stupid bastards, someone else would. At least CIG are just taking money for nothing, they're not pushing bleach as a cure for autism or something.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Is big news breaking? Has Sandi accidentally fired herself?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Samizdata posted:

It's not just Mormon girls. I used to have an ex that was not Mormon and that was the way she rolled. I was like :shrug: "Ok."

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Is big news breaking? Has Sandi accidentally fired herself?

:suspense:

I can't say more.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

UNZOOM! UNENHANCE!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

(unplugs computer)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

:suspense:

I can't say more.

Is anything going to happen soon? 'Cos it's 1:30am and I was thinking of going to bed, but not if something's breaking.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Is anything going to happen soon? 'Cos it's 1:30am and I was thinking of going to bed, but not if something's breaking.

It won't happen tonight

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

It won't happen tonight

Fair enough. Off to bed for me, then. And happy father's day for anyone that applies to. Remember to talk to your dad today.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Oh Youtube never change

Ryan Day, great at parties

Don't hate on my procedurally generated lifestyle

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Dogs are great and people gave good advice. I'll reiterate not to get a huge dog. Unless you have the proper living arrangement (a lot of outside space) and even then they eat way more and take exponentially more care.

Also take anecdotal evidence on anything with a grain of salt. "MY dog ________." and at least do some proper research on where you are getting them / everything you'll do to take care of them. I don't know what the animal shelter situation is in whatever country you are from but at least in my area its just fields and fields of rescue pitbulls and I have friends with aggressive murderdogs tearing drywall off of their apartment walls and tearing open any nearby animals because they "Wanted a Dog" and "Got a dog"

Also when you get that dog, pet the ever loving poo poo out of it constantly.

Also on sarspariller he may have only been in for $2000 and I got the $4000 amount because he bought in twice. Hard to keep track of the complete depth of stupidity when talking about Star Citizen.

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards a smaller dog if/when I get one. I'm definitely gonna be careful about where I get it from.

I thought petting the ever loving poo poo out of them was just common sense though :v:.

RE: Sarspariller, I'm thinking he paid $2000, got a refund (back when CIG just gave no fuss refunds) and then proceeded to plunge it straight back in once the Alpha came out.

Ugh... Typing that out just made me realise how sad that is. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
If I was to guess, it would be that RayRoocroft has been given a huge bollocking following the "High Maintenance Snowflake" embarrassment, and either he's handed in his notice or may be getting fired as a scapegoat.

Perhaps the whole Customer Service team were flogged, put on the naughty step, forced to wear "dunce" hats, or something.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

It won't happen tonight

But when it does...

(Anyone have a popcorn smiley with the guy in MOPP gear?)

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

It won't happen tonight

Don't tempt me to spend :10bux: to get a preview of what's coming on the horizon, you monster. :(

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

rabblerabble posted:

Star Catizen

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Sunswipe posted:

I tried to help out, but I couldn't be bothered to keep going round the loop of
"Why do they need more money?"
"They don't need more money!"
"Then buying ships is just paying to avoid playing the game. Why would you do that?"
"I'm funding the game!"
"But you said the game doesn't need more money?"
"It doesn't!"

I'm finding it hard to hate CIG for taking money off the supporters they still have. If they didn't con the stupid bastards, someone else would. At least CIG are just taking money for nothing, they're not pushing bleach as a cure for autism or something.

Yeah, it's really weird actually interacting with these people because they really do act like addicts or cult members. Seriously, the hate thrown my way for suggesting they DON'T give more money to CIG. It's just crazy.

The only thing I can think is that deep down they know the game is hosed but all the time they can keep the thing afloat then it's not a failure, their money isn't lost. It doesn't matter how much critical thought or what logical arguments you use, they just don't want to hear it, plain and simple.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Jesus if that isn't the most vague thing ever. Got me curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I think this shows up at around 900 seconds in Devil Daggers

• Locked thread