Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Do you have a ruling link on that? Incap is still an attack that deals no damage, it's just that Incap has a special rules rider that deals 1 penetrating to hit targets with two tokens. The only reason that that triggers Mystics, etc., is that it's damage dealt by a character during an attack.

I have no link. Think that I got it from talking to one of the guys on the rules team, but I could be wrong. Your reasoning for why it wouldn't happen does look spot-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Do keywords count as game elements for the side events? Or can I build 5 different Avengers teams for the Lil Clix event?

EDIT: Never mind, they do not.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 11, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I've been trying to figure out the best pilot for the Turtle Van since I got it; I don't like giving up Turtles, Casey is too drat good to have him hiding inside it, and Outwit is too precious to use April. But then I realized that Splinter is a perfect pilot; high attack with Precision Strike so using the van to attack is always a worthwhile option, and Leadership for the rest of the time, making up for Splinter's lacking point value by giving Leadership to the highest point TMNT Ally.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Speaking of turtles.

Today's format was 300 point constructed, no resources, or you could buy two boosters and do a 350 point team. Had a decent showing and only one person chose the 2 booster option.

I decided that gently caress it, I'm running the chase turtles because I finally have them and I want to see how they will do.

Round 1 versus the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Vanisher
Cheap Magneto
Mystique
You can't hurt me when I'm wearing this helmet juggernaut.

This was not a good matchup since I am all about the punching with the turtles. Still, I knew that Michaelangelo and Raphael had flurry and as I learned a couple weeks ago, it doesn't matter if you have a 1 damage value, you can still get lucky and knock off that jerks helmet. (I had an Atomica do it to me).

I won map roll and chose the new krakoa map because I'd only brought my modern maps and figured what the hell lets go for it since it had enough hindering that I could make good use of.

I moved out into some hindering, breaking the turtles into 2 men squads. Squad 1 was Mikey and Raph, squad 2 was Leo and Donny. They were close enough to assist each other but far enough away and on different lines that Juggernaut couldn't do his thing. He kept playing a cautious game moving down his guys with vanisher. Since I was in hindering I didn't worry about magneto, and since I had charge front dial, mystique wasn't a concern either. I basically sat there and dared him to come to me and he did. I immediately KO'd vanisher to stop the transportation silliness. Used advanced turtle technique with Raph to hit magneto. Mikey went for Juggy and missed. Juggernaut did a move through Mikey and Raph but missed each. Magneto did not miss his pulse wave and Raph and Mikey took one. Donny and Leo then took down magneto and a game of let's try to knock off the helmet began. My dice went ice cold at this point and I missed about 6 attacks in a row. Juggy didn't do much better and mystique was too afraid to come in. My dice turned before his and Mikey did knock off his helmet. As soon as that happened the rout was on as Michaelangelo is hot death to tentpoles who don't have willpower. Mystique got a few potshots in while Juggy was getting ninja'd but then she got swarmed and couldn't stand against all 4 brothers.

I was shocked that I didn't lose a single turtle. Their impervious was really what turned the tide here they were really able to weather some big shots from Juggy and he could only do one to them at best with his strongest move and that just puts them on CR and makes them even more annoying.

Round 2 versus Brood.

2 Queens
4 30 point broods
So many on the sideboard

I lost map and we ended up on the secret invasion map. The only strategy for me was to get those drat queens down so that the game could actually have an end in sight. This basically became a brawl and early on the turtles had the advantage, with Raph's empower, Mikey could KO 2 kids a turn and Donny could nail one too. With the turtle technique I even got a queen early too. But then I hit one of those guys onto exploit, and suddenly I had a dead Raphael after a 2 damage exploit and a big time blades roll. Then an exposed Mikey got infected by a queen and ended up on a 16 defense with senses click. Turtles regrouped and bunched back up and hit hard against the brood, focusing on the last queen with Mikey giving some perplex help. Mikey turned out to be super easy to hit but impossible to damage with his impervious/senses combo. The last queen went down and the babies did too. Advanced turtle technique was so key this battle, as I could attack so many extra times and with the brood dials being so shallow and a 9 having a hard time hitting 18's and 19's (except for poor poor Raph) I managed to weather the storm.

When all was said and done I scored 450 points.

Round 3 versus the guy who did sealed (he chose GOTG as his boosters)

Nova (the one who can pulse for 2)
Gamora
Moondragon
Dire Wraith
Nebula

I won map and went with krakoa again. Really not for any reason. I was deathly afraid of Nova and Nebula. The two of them can wreck the whole team without breaking a sweat.

I counted out his TK and Pulse Wave range and moved up my 2 squads slowly because my dice decided that this was not the game where I needed to roll leadership ever. Opponent was content to slowly position as well. Eventually I moved up enough to be in range of him with Donny and Raph but behind blocking so he couldn't really see me. He could have pushed Gamora to charge Raph but chose not to. I had Raph charge, banking on hitting Gamora and turtle techniqing Nebula to remove her psychic blast. Raph however chose to miss his attacks. Donny was forced to just walk next to him to make sure he had impervious. This left them pushed and I knew I was gonna pay for it.

He did a RS with Nova and hit them both for 2 but had to use his prob to make it hit. Gamora did a CCE with all of it to attack but missed Raph. Nebula tried to psyblast Raphael but crit missed. That was a lifesaver. That turn could have been so much worse. I moved up Leo and Mikey and cleared Raph and Donny. Raph and Donny ate another 2 damage pulse wave. The rest of his guys cleared. Donny outwitted the CR on Gamora and Raph did a flurry blades attack that did not kill her due to poor blades rolls. He turtle technique'd next to nebula and hit her but she had toughness so it didn't do anything. Donny got past the senses and KO'd Gamora and technique'd next to his brother. Nebula with her sharpshooter that I forgot she had proceeded to KO Raph, and a suddenly alone Donny fell to the dire wraith. Ouch. Mikey came in with a full head of steam and took out Nebula and got moondragon to a CR click. Leo took out Nova and turtle technique'd over to Mikey but missed moondragon. He cleared, Mikey flurried and KO'd Moondragon, technique'd over to dire wraith and hit. Leo charged with blades and finished things off.

That pulse wave hurt, but thankfully Mikey is such an amazing piece with his incapping flurry he was able to carry Leo to victory as it was all the Michaelangelo show.

The chase turtles are simply amazing. If they can get to you, the game becomes an episode of will it blend and the answer is usually yes. They're super well protected with their multiple clicks of impervious and advanced turtle technique paired with some empower can let you do some amazing damage. Admittedly I got one pretty good matchup in the brood, but that was a game of strength versus strength and I took my lumps. The one guy who makes videos telling new players not to play cheese and go for fellowship but brings the most meta teams he can week in and week out lost in his game to the guy I faced in round 3. I don't know exactly what happened but a TK and nova pulse wave was apparently the difference maker. He had a winter soldier, Loki, Mystique team which would have given me a few fits with his 10 range. Oh and did I mention that Winter Soldier had Eclipso because of course he did. That aside the chase turtles are a goddamn blast and I look forward to trying them again.

Morand fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 13, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Look, gang: New ATAs!

https://m.imgur.com/a/jzm3t

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Someone had way too much fun making these.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Pretty good first day at Origins. Played 2 BR's and won both of them. Got 2 Casey Jones's and was able to turn the extra into an Ace the Bat Hound so I have my 2 top wants done.

BR 1 my team was
Lex and Joker
Black Cat
Tin
Doc Magnus
Shifting Superman who charges and breaks walls and hits hard with objects.

Everyone pulled a bomb that BR. There was a chase Shazam, SR Superman and Mary Marvel. Lex and Joker were too mobile with their sidestep though and I broke a shitload of walls to KO Shazam and Superman for the win.

Second BR I had

Prime Superman
Booster Gold
Shifting Focus Superman that bumps up defense
Apprentice
Occultist.

I had the only HSS brick and just picked my shots with booster and superman. Didn't lose a single figure and wiped 2 of the teams.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Uncanny's kind of an "O.K., sure…uh, why not, I guess?" of an ATA and personally I think Civil War is pretty meh. By Odin's Bear having the "Requirement" line is going to cause some questions. Do you not assign it to characters less than 100 points or do you assign it but they just can't use it? Red Sun Sons is a great big HOLY poo poo on the right map. I like that they gave Legion of Doom a much more usable ATA than the original turd. Flash Family is half useful with the other half being a half-assed Charge that's really only useful if your speedster's been knocked off Hypersonic or had it countered. I love that they gave the Sentinels an ATA, though I wish it would have also made the team a named theme with the older ones if all characters on your force qualified for it. I also love the concept of Diplomatic Immunity in that it's a conditional-use Protected feat you can transfer, even if it soaks up a lot of points on a Ruler theme.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All right. I am at Origins. I am about to play in a BR. I am the fat guy with a lovely beard wearing a black tshirt and shorts. OH WAIT.

I have a They Live shirt on.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I forgot my bag full of purchasable exclusives after a BR and didn't realize it until three hours later. I was sure it was gone.

Someone had found it and turned it in to the WizKids booth, and I got it back. This game has the best player base in the world.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So tired. Such a long day.

Did single worlds qualifiers and team worlds qualifiers.

All UXM for all events.

Single I ran

SR Beast, time locked Angel, 50 point storm and 50 point Cyclops.

Went 2-1, lost to a chase Magneto :argh:

Team worlds I had a team I'd honestly run in an actual event.

50 point Cyclops
50 point Sunfire
Kitty Pride
Quicksilver
Emma Frost

Rock solid squad. Teammates also had their A game and we came in first in the qualifier so we'll be in at least one worlds event.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Congrats Morand, good luck going forward! I'm envious of y'all getting to do BRs, those were the most fun HeroClix games I had at Gencon.

I'm crazy in love with the new Stilt-Man on display there, I only hope the legs of the old one are compatible with this guy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Today I won a BR by tying for first place with 50 points and winning the roll-off. Still counts!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I qualified for worlds!

Ran Sunfire Rare, SR Iceman, 50 Point Cyclops, 50 point wolverine.

Yes I did run 40 points under. Theme matters in these events.

Played against a punchy team of 100 point Jean, Chase wolvie and X-23. Lost wolverine to X-23 but KO'd her. Got Jean with cyclops and iceman. Wolverine took out Sunfire but was shot to death after that.

Round 2 against a dude running
Riptide, Rare Cyclops, time locked Angel, genoshan cheap guy, warpath.

Got called an ahole after mentioning that he needed to speed up his turns. Sorry dude, you don't need to take 4 minutes to decide to sidestep and clear. Oddly his game noticeably sped up after that. He then crit missed both times he pushed an attacker so I won that

Round 3
Rare silver helmet Juggernaut, vanisher, quicksilver, John Greycrow.

Got to play on a premium map. That actually helped a lot as it had some weird elevations. His team was made to tie people up with vanisher. Iceman doesn't care about that. Quicksilver did get Sunfire but iceman played a bunch of lockdown games. Got his quicksilver and John and froze Juggy. Wolverine knocked off his helmet and that was it.

Yaaaaay. I get to try for the hat trick

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I qualified for worlds!

Ran Sunfire Rare, SR Iceman, 50 Point Cyclops, 50 point wolverine.

Yes I did run 40 points under. Theme matters in these events.

Played against a punchy team of 100 point Jean, Chase wolvie and X-23. Lost wolverine to X-23 but KO'd her. Got Jean with cyclops and iceman. Wolverine took out Sunfire but was shot to death after that.

Round 2 against a dude running
Riptide, Rare Cyclops, time locked Angel, genoshan cheap guy, warpath.

Got called an ahole after mentioning that he needed to speed up his turns. Sorry dude, you don't need to take 4 minutes to decide to sidestep and clear. Oddly his game noticeably sped up after that. He then crit missed both times he pushed an attacker so I won that

Round 3
Rare silver helmet Juggernaut, vanisher, quicksilver, John Greycrow.

Got to play on a premium map. That actually helped a lot as it had some weird elevations. His team was made to tie people up with vanisher. Iceman doesn't care about that. Quicksilver did get Sunfire but iceman played a bunch of lockdown games. Got his quicksilver and John and froze Juggy. Wolverine knocked off his helmet and that was it.

Yaaaaay. I get to try for the hat trick

Is it too late for you to get and wear this in the finals?:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Where is that hat from. If I win worlds I am buying that hat and embroidering it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Where is that hat from. If I win worlds I am buying that hat and embroidering it
If you buy that hat I will take it to one of those places at the mall to get your championship years on the brim.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

It's made by Swarovski, but looks like it's a women's hat.

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swarovski-crystal-Philidephia-Phillies-hat-/201387427091
Some other site: http://babywantsbling.com/products/philadelphia-phillies

Alternatively, you could instead get a 'Dark Morand' hat: https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-phillies-new-era-mlb-league-o%27gold-9fifty-snapback-cap/20800458

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I saw you today, Morand, but it was in the midst of the tourney so I didn't bother interrupting. Congrats!

I instead played in the Golden Age Escalation thing, and wouldn't you know it turned out to be the ONE side event that didn't have the stipulation about no non-character game elements, which was most of the draw for me. So I'm playing against resources and poo poo. Went 0-1-1.

I'll be doing a BR tomorrow sometime.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Team worlds was a disaster. We went 1-5 as a group. I had an amazing team too

Chase Magneto
Rare Magneto
John Greycrow

But it doesn't matter when you can't roll and your first round opponent is also a chase Magneto.

This is my sad face

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

You qualified for individual Worlds, though, right? If you win, who will you do this time?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

You qualified for individual Worlds, though, right? If you win, who will you do this time?

Yeah and I honestly don't know. My one teammate has said that if we won as a group he wanted to do a doomsday with a slattern type of trait. I thought it might be interesting to do him as a reverse entity where he can equip to an opposing character to represent when he was a virus in new 52.

Dunno though, haven't given it a huge amount of thought though. I just thought it was a neat idea.

Edit: the team that beat us round 1 made the finals so now I feel better

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Morand posted:

Yeah and I honestly don't know. My one teammate has said that if we won as a group he wanted to do a doomsday with a slattern type of trait. I thought it might be interesting to do him as a reverse entity where he can equip to an opposing character to represent when he was a virus in new 52.

Dunno though, haven't given it a huge amount of thought though. I just thought it was a neat idea.

Rockslide/Anole duo!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Hmm...

How about Hellfire Knights?: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hellfire_Knights_(Earth-616)

They're the heavy-armored goons in the X-Men Arcade Game.

In the comics, they had armor tailored with target-specific weapons. Awesome mooks for a Hellfire Club team.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

You could do Vengeance. He's the only one of the Midnight Sons who took the actual Midnight Sons brand they've never made.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What champ made figures are still on the books by the way? Could have sworn I saw someone who won had decided on Plastic Man but that could have just been someone saying what they'd make if they won right before their savage loss. I would really like a Plastic Man as well, so I may have just dreamed that.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

thebardyspoon posted:

What champ made figures are still on the books by the way? Could have sworn I saw someone who won had decided on Plastic Man but that could have just been someone saying what they'd make if they won right before their savage loss. I would really like a Plastic Man as well, so I may have just dreamed that.

Oh, yeah, he hasn't been done since 2007 and he's never really been done to his full potential.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He could bring in a Woozy Winks pog and everything!

He is definitely my main want but there are a few others I'd consider on that sorta level.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

:cry:

They cut to top 8 this year.

I was 16th

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Morand posted:

:cry:

They cut to top 8 this year.

I was 16th

Ah that sucks, sorry dude. Was it announced they were doing that or did they just kind of let everyone know after the fact?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Ah that sucks, sorry dude. Was it announced they were doing that or did they just kind of let everyone know after the fact?

I never heard an announcement. They may have. I just assumed they'd go top 16 like every other year.

Oh well. It is what it is. Sadly my other two members are definitely done with cons so if I want to do this again I'll need to find new traveling and clixing partners. This also assumes I don't have a newborn around that time.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

I never heard an announcement. They may have. I just assumed they'd go top 16 like every other year.

Oh well. It is what it is. Sadly my other two members are definitely done with cons so if I want to do this again I'll need to find new traveling and clixing partners. This also assumes I don't have a newborn around that time.

They do have those things now that let you wear your children. Well, they'll let you wear ANYONE'S children, but society seems to prefer that the children you wear be your own. You could probably even rig up something so that when the child eventually starts crying during a match it'll muffle the sound while still allowing the child to breathe. You could store your accessories in the diaper bag.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

You could probably even rig up something so that when the child eventually starts crying during a match it'll muffle the sound while still allowing the child to breathe.

if i pull that off, will he cry?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

So I was playing today when apparently WizKids ran down to their last three maps and decided to do a traditional end-of-con "everyone stand up and start rolling dice" thing to give them away. First time, they tell us to roll, and don't say what for. I roll a 7 and think okay, if they say high or low, either way I'm good. They say everyone who rolled a 7, stay standing, everyone else sit down. 12 people are still up. They pair us up and say roll off, not saying what we're rolling for. I roll a 4. They say okay, low roll stay standing. 6 left. They pair us up again and say first one to roll doubles wins the map, go. So speed is also a factor now, since you just have to roll as fast as you can. I rolled a crit miss and that's doubles.

Final haul: Ace the Bat-Hound, Man-Spider, KC Hawkman, 2x Rocket and Groot, 3x Captain Cold ID, Phantom Stranger ID, Parking Garage premium map, 2x Batman with Shark, 2x complete set of ATAs and some more ATAs besides that, Dark Angel, Phoenix, Prime Poison Ivy, most of the UXM rares I needed, both UXM uncommons I needed, and assorted generics. Plus the Punisher Van, Batman with Bomb, and Arrow set I bought. Not bad at all.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So is Print and Play gone forever or something?

I got a cardless Indigo Sinestro and I'd like to print one out. I figure it has to be preserved somewhere.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Damnit, Andy, I still have that song stuck in my head.

From the judge's side, Origins was a lot of fun. Running side events the whole weekend let me deal with the less-competitive players (although there sure were still some!) and just help people have fun. After helping my friends practice for Worlds for months and months, it's really nice to get to see the softer side of the game in action. Lots of familiar faces and new kids cycling through... it gives me good feelings about the future of this game.

Highlights... let's see...

The no-range Brawl scenario had someone running three Brood Queens, and a whole mess of Brood. Every time I'd look away, there would be more bugs on the map. It was fun to watch people stand under the point shower and see how long they could endure before crumbling. One guy made it to time, and scored something like 200 points more than the build total, but everybody else fell to the swarm.

The Turtles event featured 9 Krang teams out of 30. Only 5 teams of chase Turtles. One guy thought it would be sealed, and didn't bring a team, and another accidentally underbuilt by 80 points. Both of them had figures provided by other players to allow them to play, which was awesome. Such a great player base.

L'il 'Clix had two people accidentally end up with illegal teams, one of whom was a 7-year-old kid who'd been doing well and having fun in all my events. We discussed it with his father, who was also playing, and decided that we'd have to quietly knock the kid down to last place, but when reading out the standings, we'd swap the kid and his father, so the kid would get to feel good about winning an LE. This was the event where you bring 5 100-point teams, and play as many games as possible against your opponent during the time limit, getting 1 point per win, so fast games were required. Well, the top table in round two began with a fight between White Lantern Martian Manhunter and Red Son Superman, who just kept hitting their Stop clicks and bouncing back for about half an hour... tough for them, but amusing to watch.

Escalation was a lot of fun... this being the only event that allowed resources (sorry, Steve Vader!), we saw some cheesier stuff. The Uru Absorbing Man with full Infinity Gauntlet build was just rude, but it got bogged down by an endless exploding rat-and-ant swarm. Fun one to watch.

Power Outage was my favorite. We'd roll the PAC d20 at various times, and players couldn't use whatever came up. We decided to spice things up by saying that if 'ANY' came up, characters could not use powers whose colors appeared in the squares that they were standing in. So, standing on pavement, no grey, possibly no white or yellow, and so on. Then we added the rule that if you were on the wrong end of a crit, you could decide which color you wanted back, and we'd roll the die to replace it for that map. Round one, we just had one power out at once, round two we did two, and we just kept stacking them up in round three, until ultimately declaring 'no more powers!' with ten minutes left. Players called it a great mix of frustrating and fun, which is just what we were going for, and it was a chance for the other side event judge and I to cut loose and get more involved.

Protect the Boss was the only event that had some problems. It was also the only event that actually had all 32 players (nearly every event sold out, but had no-shows). The scenario was 600 points, 5-figure minimum, at least 1 figure under 100 points, and you pick someone under 100 to be your boss. If the boss is KO'd, you lose. We had 11 teams with Mystique as the boss, which I guess I can't blame people for. We also had some games ending within the first 5 minutes, which wasn't fun for anyone. I did see some great games happening, but there were enough unfun things going down that I hope we don't offer that one again next year.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Torrent posted:

L'il 'Clix had two people accidentally end up with illegal teams, one of whom was a 7-year-old kid who'd been doing well and having fun in all my events. We discussed it with his father, who was also playing, and decided that we'd have to quietly knock the kid down to last place, but when reading out the standings, we'd swap the kid and his father, so the kid would get to feel good about winning an LE. This was the event where you bring 5 100-point teams, and play as many games as possible against your opponent during the time limit, getting 1 point per win, so fast games were required. Well, the top table in round two began with a fight between White Lantern Martian Manhunter and Red Son Superman, who just kept hitting their Stop clicks and bouncing back for about half an hour... tough for them, but amusing to watch.

Escalation was a lot of fun... this being the only event that allowed resources (sorry, Steve Vader!), we saw some cheesier stuff. The Uru Absorbing Man with full Infinity Gauntlet build was just rude, but it got bogged down by an endless exploding rat-and-ant swarm. Fun one to watch.

That's okay - it'll teach me to read each event more closely rather than assume the same stips for the first three I read will be in place for all of them. I had built for the Li'l Clix event, too, but my team wasn't Modern Age, so that's another thing I missed (I had 5 100 point teams of Sinister Syndicate stuff!)

I was the guy who played all-Marauders in the Escalation. In retrospect (although, honestly, it was kinda in pre-spect, too), Arclight and Harpoon don't make a great 100 point team, even if their points work exactly and I was just trying to simplify. I really just need to play a full Marauders squad complete with Morand's Sinister at some point, so I can add Juggernaut and Brotherhooders to it if I want.

Thanks for running these events! I love the softer side of the game. It's where I live. And I'm glad to see an effort made to celebrate that side of it, too, even if people still try to rough it up anyway.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 20, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

So is Print and Play gone forever or something?

I got a cardless Indigo Sinestro and I'd like to print one out. I figure it has to be preserved somewhere.

War of Light is in the print and play section on the Heroclix website? Or, am I missing something?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 20, 2016

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

thebardyspoon posted:

War of Light is in the print and play section on the Heroclix website?

It is? I could've sworn they took down Print and Play. Thanks!

EDIT: Maybe they just stopped updating it and that's what everyone was worked up about.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It's still there. They just stopped updating it after they put up NFAOS.

• Locked thread