Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

deleted, what did it say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

I hope Jeb really makes a second try for it during the convention, once again to learn nobody likes him or wants him to be president

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Maoist Pussy posted:

See, this is the kind if poo poo you do. You think "racist" is just an insult to throw at someone you mad at. It fucks up actual discussion of race issues, but you don't actually care about that anyway, so who cares, right?
So, no retort to the transphobe part? Or have you rethought your stance since last time?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
why the gently caress did we ban vile and immortan and nml who are like 100x better than maoist pussy

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

fade5 posted:

So, no retort to the transphobe part? Or have you rethought your stance since last time?

I wouldn't say I am an extreme one. Once again, Al! is misleading you.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Funny, he also asserted the whole thing was a media hoax.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

I hope Jeb really makes a second try for it during the convention, once again to learn nobody likes him or wants him to be president

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"I think it’s a great country, there are a lot of great families, and it’s not just four families or whatever. There are other people out there that are very qualified, and we’ve had enough Bushes."

-- this guy's actual mother

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maoist Pussy posted:

See, this is the kind if poo poo you do. You think "racist" is just an insult to throw at someone you mad at. It fucks up actual discussion of race issues, but you don't actually care about that anyway, so who cares, right?

Whats happening to mr trump today reminds me of what happened to pim fortuyn. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn He was a Conservative gay man running for prime minister in Holland, he was popular for being against muslim immigration. the left literally turned him into hitler incarnated, all the left would talk could talk about was race, nonstop.

He was assassinated in broad daylight by a green party voter because he thought killing the next hitler racist would be the decent thing to do. His famous last words were: "If something happens to me, they (the media/opponents) are responsible." He was most likely going to be the next Prime minister, the left has blood on its hands. The assassin said he murdered Fortuyn to stop him from exploiting Muslims as "scapegoats" and targeting "the weak members of society" in seeking political power

The problem is that it always pretends to be the opposite. It pretends to be anti racist while engaging constantly in identity politics. It pretends to be for equality and freedom while giving government more power to take away liberty and dictate our lives. what upsets me most is that most people fall for these tactics because it requires the least amount of critical thinking. But also because i think a lot of people want to show off that they have the "right" opinion, the left again pretends to be the most open minded and tolerant one, it pretends that its the unpopular opinion and that it takes real courage to have that opinion, people love that and they love to virtue signal, because it's easy.

Well, gently caress that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yet another victim of identity politics.......

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

DrPlump posted:

virtue signal

loving hilarious.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wow this pim guy sounds like a real turd, the world lost nothing of value.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

how long until talking about virtue signaling is seen as virtue signaling in of itself?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

We want to hear the hits, Mr. Trump. Tell us more about Jeb, Mr. Trump!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Karl Sharks posted:

how long until talking about virtue signaling is seen as virtue signaling in of itself?

it's the only kind of virtue signaling that actually exists.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

shiksa posted:

wow this pim guy sounds like a real turd, the world lost nothing of value.

OK, murder-advocating gay-basher dude.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

OK, murder-advocating gay-basher dude.

If this is the kind of thinking you do on your feet then it's no wonder you got disbarred.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Karl Sharks posted:

As soon as you stop hanging your identity on your personal righteousness.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

DrPlump posted:

The problem is that it always pretends to be the opposite. It pretends to be anti racist while engaging constantly in identity politics. It pretends to be for equality and freedom while giving government more power to take away liberty and dictate our lives. what upsets me most is that most people fall for these tactics because it requires the least amount of critical thinking. But also because i think a lot of people want to show off that they have the "right" opinion, the left again pretends to be the most open minded and tolerant one, it pretends that its the unpopular opinion and that it takes real courage to have that opinion, people love that and they love to virtue signal, because it's easy.

okay for real though, railing against "identity politics" is stupid as hell because you're admonishing the other side for confronting the very real issues that minority groups have faced and continue to face. yes, it is easier to be color blind or whatever and say discrimination doesn't really exist and nothing should be done about it, but that's a fantasy.

but no you're right, the conservative minded people in this country are all for critical thinking, as well as the serious and well thought out solutions to our current problems such as the wall, a muslim ban, and make america great again by winning so much on everything all the time forever.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Oxxidation posted:

If this is the kind of thinking you do on your feet then it's no wonder you got disbarred.

lol, I don't think fishmech has that kind of power yet.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

DrPlump posted:

identity politics has, of course, never being a core part of the right because it's not identity politics when it's for white people

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Have you considered that people sometimes say virtuous things because they believe them and not just to appear virtuous.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Huge if true

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
wait wut did mp get disbarred irl?

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

pim fortuyn didnt deserve what he got. no one deserves to die for saying things, regardless of their content.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

lol, I don't think fishmech has that kind of power yet.

part of my identity is my compassion and empathy for other human beings, not going to give that up because you think i'm doing it to impress other people on the internet

e: lol you edited your post

Maoist Pussy posted:

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 19, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

WINNINGHARD posted:

pim fortuyn didnt deserve what he got. no one deserves to die for saying things, regardless of their content.

I think you'll find all first worlders deserve a dog's death

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
For shame Bill, abandoning the one man who could still help you in your desperate situation, absolutely disgraceful.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillKristol/status/744322481222189056

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jewel Repetition posted:

Have you considered that people sometimes say virtuous things because they believe them and not just to appear virtuous.

yeah but not hillary tho

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Karl Sharks posted:

okay for real though, railing against "identity politics" is stupid as hell because you're admonishing the other side for confronting the very real issues that minority groups have faced and continue to face. yes, it is easier to be color blind or whatever and say discrimination doesn't really exist and nothing should be done about it, but that's a fantasy.

but no you're right, the conservative minded people in this country

Haha. A conservative is just an older liberal. You don't even know who your opponents are anymore.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What is rough jazx

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Maoist Pussy posted:

Haha. A conservative is just an older liberal. You don't even know who your opponents are anymore.

talk

about

owned

TheTatteredKing posted:

What is rough jazx

uhhh pharaoh sanders?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

yeah i'm like 5 years, 10 tops, from wanting to ban abortion, gay marriage and muslims while eliminating all social safety net programs so i can give more money to millionaires and billionaires

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Karl Sharks posted:

part of my identity is my compassion and empathy for other human beings

Exactly. You need to feel yourself more righteous than other people or your identity is threatened. Other people have to have less compassion than you.

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Al! posted:

I think you'll find all first worlders deserve a dog's death

in fact i found that trump will make america great again, he's going to build a wall and put the haters and the losers on the other side

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

Exactly. You need to feel yourself more righteous than other people or your identity is threatened. Other people have to have less compassion than you.

i think you're projecting your desire for superiority onto me. i'd loving love it if everyone was compassionate and cared about other people's well being regardless of which group they were in

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah i'm like 5 years, 10 tops, from wanting to ban abortion, gay marriage and muslims while eliminating all social safety net programs so i can give more money to millionaires and billionaires

You are 1 year from voting for Hillary. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPaMLAow00Q

• Locked thread