Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OZm3983qOo

The new menu track is pretty baller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I finished Overdrill for the first time.

Game crashed before I got any of the XP or money.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
That Dragon's Breath cannot headshot is their sole downside. But being able to look at any cop and fart flames of death in their general direction to stun lock them is pretty handy. With weaker shotguns it isn't uncommon for only one hit + fire damage to leave them alive, but weak enough to trivially shout them down after the fact. The old school shotguns will OHKO anything short of a tan instantly, and the tan will typically burn to death. Shields become trivial (although the murder process isn't as fast as a slug or sniper rifle), and while tasers won't die on the first shot, sometimes just stunning them long enough to run away is more helpful than sticking around to make sure they're dead. Cloakers will get stopped from charging if you set them on fire, but the stun effect isn't as effective on them. Use a backup weapon. Dozers are obviously the main weakness but again, just use a backup. I've found DBs particularly useful on high ground at range; being able to stop entire waves of cops dead in their tracks from above with hellfire feels amazing.

All of the shotgun ammo types are really good and help to fill different niches.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
dragons breath fills the niche of "There's not enough violent screaming in this game"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Suggestions for overdrill deathvox. 1) drill breaks, 2) garbage truck has to leave for X minutes after every 10 bags of loot, 3) more garage spawns

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Elendil004 posted:

Suggestions for overdrill deathvox. 1) drill breaks, 2) garbage truck has to leave for X minutes after every 10 bags of loot, 3) more garage spawns

Someone needs to pick or saw every bag's worth of gold, bags slow you down as much as that much gold really would, and if you don't do a QWOP style QTE to lift with your knees you slip a disc.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Death Vox Overdrill:
Hallway positions are unchanged.
Police can kick the overdrill, requiring it be fixed. Fixing the overdrill takes about 55 seconds. This is 10 seconds more than picking a safe.
The overdrill will break on its own 5 times:
1. 1995 seconds remaining (to put you on notice)
2. 1000 seconds remaining (to give you a pattern)
3. 500 seconds remaining (to make you feel secure)
4. 10 seconds remaining (to screw with you)
5. 1 second remaining. (intensified screwing)

The overdrill will continue to run for an additional 5 minutes after the timer reads 0.
The tile puzzle is adjusted by changing the Fleur de lis location - flipping its orientation and randomizing its horizontal position, along with the corresponding set of tiles.
The number of bags of gold will remain the same- they're already a punishment as much as a blessing.

Your escape vehicle on DV is the normal van, not a garbage truck- it can't carry all that weight! Gold is secured at a chopper cage that takes trips to the front entrance. It takes 12 bags per trip. It will need to stop for more fuel after the fourth trip. Securing cash and getting the escape ready can be run concurrently with gold.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Every time you put a bag in the vent, a cloaker jumps out (already kicking). This provides an interesting gameplay choice to either get downed 147 times or to carry each gold bag from the vault to the garbage truck manually, while still meeting the Death Vox Minimum Tediousness Ratio. Escape is disabled until all bags are secured.

e: jfc I already got beaten with something worse

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Police can kick the overdrill, requiring it be fixed. Fixing the overdrill takes about 55 seconds. This is 10 seconds more than picking a safe.
I take it Kickstarter Ace won't work.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kickstarter ace only works once per drill, doesn't it? Good luck with that poo poo.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

Kickstarter ace only works once per drill, doesn't it? Good luck with that poo poo.

Once per break. But Vox's fever dream difficulty probably would involve changing proc chances on that too, even just for the Overdrill.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Drill skills are not applied to the overdrill-it's like the old Beast in that regard.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This actually got me thinking on a totally different question: They changed drill skills to also mention saws after those were added in Aftershock, but are there any other heists where they even show up? I can't imagine they'd change some of the old drills to be saws even if it'd make sense, but that could be interesting too.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

RandallODim posted:

This actually got me thinking on a totally different question: They changed drill skills to also mention saws after those were added in Aftershock, but are there any other heists where they even show up? I can't imagine they'd change some of the old drills to be saws even if it'd make sense, but that could be interesting too.

Undercover. I wish they'd change the Armored Transport heists to saws instead, but alas. If they ever add Green Bridge that'll use saws too.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Also panic room. The devs have already confirmed all the classics are getting remade. They used day 1 of Biker heist to build out some of the assets for Panic Room, actually.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RandallODim posted:

Goat sim has em', at least for when there's a goat on a street lamp

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

BillmasterCozb posted:

Goat sim has em', at least for when there's a goat on a street lamp

I hope the last heist they add to payday 2 is No mercy and they imply that it turns into L4d after that, even for the payday gang. :allears: Even if Payday 3 has already been confirmed.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

That Dragon's Breath cannot headshot is their sole downside. But being able to look at any cop and fart flames of death in their general direction to stun lock them is pretty handy. With weaker shotguns it isn't uncommon for only one hit + fire damage to leave them alive, but weak enough to trivially shout them down after the fact. The old school shotguns will OHKO anything short of a tan instantly, and the tan will typically burn to death. Shields become trivial (although the murder process isn't as fast as a slug or sniper rifle), and while tasers won't die on the first shot, sometimes just stunning them long enough to run away is more helpful than sticking around to make sure they're dead. Cloakers will get stopped from charging if you set them on fire, but the stun effect isn't as effective on them. Use a backup weapon. Dozers are obviously the main weakness but again, just use a backup. I've found DBs particularly useful on high ground at range; being able to stop entire waves of cops dead in their tracks from above with hellfire feels amazing.

All of the shotgun ammo types are really good and help to fill different niches.

I thought DB on a cut down mosconi in a crit build was fairly decent. Anything it failed to kill in one shot is set on fire and finished off with a micro uzi.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Discendo Vox posted:

Death Vox Overdrill:
Hallway positions are unchanged.
The overdrill will break on its own 5 times:
1. 1995 seconds remaining (to put you on notice)
2. 1000 seconds remaining (to give you a pattern)
3. 500 seconds remaining (to make you feel secure)
4. 10 seconds remaining (to screw with you)
5. 1 second remaining. (intensified screwing)

The overdrill will continue to run for an additional 5 minutes after the timer reads 0.
The tile puzzle is adjusted by changing the Fleur de lis location - flipping its orientation and randomizing its horizontal position, along with the corresponding set of tiles.
The number of bags of gold will remain the same- they're already a punishment as much as a blessing.

Your escape vehicle on DV is the normal van, not a garbage truck- it can't carry all that weight! Gold is secured at a chopper cage that takes trips to the front entrance. It takes 12 bags per trip. It will need to stop for more fuel after the fourth trip. Securing cash and getting the escape ready can be run concurrently with gold.

These are all dumb bad ideas. The only idea I like is the overdrill breaking with one second left, and only if it takes the normal amount of time to restart.

Have some bad ideas from me instead.

-Overdrill cannot be triggered if the Inside Man opens the security gate. (unsure if this is the case normally?)
-Captain Winters spawns and holes up in the main lobby between ten and twenty minutes into the heist.
-The Manager doesn't have a keycard, instead he needs to perform a palm scan which means carting his rear end to the server room.
-If the manager dies, you have to wait two minutes for Bile to deliver a bonesaw to cut his hand off. OVE9000 may be used instead.
-Disabling the magnetic seal requires two hacks, one from the manager, one from the security office. These can be completed simultaneously.
--For extra fun, require players to push buttons in the manager's office and security room within ten or twenty seconds of each other, depending on the security office's location.
-Once the Overdrill is triggered by standing in the correct locations, a ceiling turret descends in the vault lobby area.
-Cops can gas portions of the post-thermal drill area by placing tanks on vents throughout the front of the bank. These tanks can be removed by players, like in Boiling Point.
-Cops blow open the ceiling of the vault area like on Hox Break 2, creating another spawn point and exposing the area to sniper fire.
-The overvault hallway with the tile puzzle is filled with gas by default. Successfully completing the puzzle shuts off the gas.
-Failing the puzzle fills the overvault hallway with fire in addition to the gas.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 19, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Oh no! It's spreading!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
At this point I don't think even Vox takes DV seriously. It's just a thread injoke that's run into the ground. :shrug:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meldonox posted:

Someone needs to pick or saw every bag's worth of gold, bags slow you down as much as that much gold really would, and if you don't do a QWOP style QTE to lift with your knees you slip a disc.
This cracked me up pretty good, and got me trying QWOP again. My fiancee saw me playing QWOP and, having never heard of it before, wanted to try it. She got to 71 meters on her 4th or 5th attempt :cripes:

Psion posted:

At this point I don't think even Vox takes DV seriously. It's just a thread injoke that's run into the ground. :shrug:
I've been reading the thread for like two weeks and already figured that out. I still havent figured out who (Discendo) Vox actually is, though :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 19, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Concordat posted:

These are all dumb bad ideas. The only idea I like is the overdrill breaking with one second left, and only if it takes the normal amount of time to restart.

Have some bad ideas from me instead.

-Overdrill cannot be triggered if the Inside Man opens the security gate. (unsure if this is the case normally?)
-Captain Winters spawns and holes up in the main lobby between ten and twenty minutes into the heist.
-The Manager doesn't have a keycard, instead he needs to perform a palm scan which means carting his rear end to the server room.
-If the manager dies, you have to wait two minutes for Bile to deliver a bonesaw to cut his hand off. OVE9000 may be used instead.
-Disabling the magnetic seal requires two hacks, one from the manager, one from the security office. These can be completed simultaneously.
--For extra fun, require players to push buttons in the manager's office and security room within ten or twenty seconds of each other, depending on the security office's location.
-Once the Overdrill is triggered by standing in the correct locations, a ceiling turret descends in the vault lobby area.
-Cops can gas portions of the post-thermal drill area by placing tanks on vents throughout the front of the bank. These tanks can be removed by players, like in Boiling Point.
-Cops blow open the ceiling of the vault area like on Hox Break 2, creating another spawn point and exposing the area to sniper fire.
-The overvault hallway with the tile puzzle is filled with gas by default. Successfully completing the puzzle shuts off the gas.
-Failing the puzzle fills the overvault hallway with fire in addition to the gas.

These are actually some pretty cool ideas tbh, besides the snipers and gas.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

These are actually some pretty cool ideas tbh, besides the snipers and gas.

the worst part about death vox is that he constantly puts in poo poo to force the team to split up, even though cloakers exist specifically to punish this

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

And Vox exists to punish us.

j/k Vox :3

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
but actually

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Why are we all Vox now?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Psion posted:

At this point, I treat it as a conversation starter. It was funny at one point when we got an influx of new players who took him dead serious and got super mad, though.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

So I haven't been paying too much attention to the minutia of changes in skills and builds lately. I played with a couple of friends earlier and my friend who is the best of us in raw skill kept falling down like crazy, which is pretty irregular. He primarily copied his old build that focused on Armorer, fat suit, and basically any armor bonus he could get. Is there a better way he could be building for durability?

My setup of fat suit + muscle seems about the same as it used to, so I wonder if he was just unlucky.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nothing's really changed. Armorer has always been a deck focused a lot on old school style cover play especially since it's got no form of HP regen or extra damage reduction, just armor/armor regen boosts.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
Tonight we found out that the choppers have anti-missile force fields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9Xy-Dyvx4

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Explosionface posted:

So I haven't been paying too much attention to the minutia of changes in skills and builds lately. I played with a couple of friends earlier and my friend who is the best of us in raw skill kept falling down like crazy, which is pretty irregular. He primarily copied his old build that focused on Armorer, fat suit, and basically any armor bonus he could get. Is there a better way he could be building for durability?

My setup of fat suit + muscle seems about the same as it used to, so I wonder if he was just unlucky.

All things fair, armour buffs can't compete with the health regen decks. Getting hostage taker or a teammate with gambler or first aid kits would do wonders for survivability, the foremost option has never been easier to pick up thanks to the new skill trees.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
just have him equip Muscle instead and he will never die ever

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

So this weird thing keeps happening.

I use Poco and it works fine (or seems to). Every once in a while it will inform me that I have been hit approximately a billion times by the same cop lurking behind a doorframe six feet away from me and then I suddenly die. Has anybody else been experiencing this?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Mendrian posted:

I use Poco and it works fine (or seems to). Every once in a while it will inform me that I have been hit approximately a billion times by the same cop lurking behind a doorframe six feet away from me and then I suddenly die. Has anybody else been experiencing this?

Maybe the grace timer is borked again.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sadistic posted:

Oh my god this is amazing.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Mendrian posted:

I would get this now and again pre-100, somehow related to Swan Song. And I think even post-100 there's been a few times where a shield or taser will just suddenly unload their entire magazine and oops there goes all of my armor and 50% health on an ICTV/Muscle build.

I've been exclusively running dodge builds lately though, and haven't really encountered it since.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Sadistic posted:

I was gonna say "Uh duh Sykic proved that". Then I saw the rockets literally ricochet into the scenery. :allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Need a break from my Doomguy build, what are some good Akimbo weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mesadoram posted:

Need a break from my Doomguy build, what are some good Akimbo weapons?

you can carry 3 Krinkovs at once. You should try it.