Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

look, if there was ever a time to go into full Old Man Yells At Clouds Mode, it would be during the endless inaction and thumbsucking that compromises the US's gun law debates. While his fetish-level Dixiecrat politics are naive, its totally appropriate to go loving ballistic at the 136th recorded mass shooting incident of 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Is anyone other than me listening to Russo podcast?

Russo's #1 skill is being able to talk himself up. That's how he gets all these jobs, considering he really doesn't have much to show for his time in the wrestling business.

He'll talk a great game about pushing the young guys, about everything needing to make sense, yada yada, but his body of work doesn't reflect what he says.

I find Russo fascinating. The disconnect between what appears to be a good mind for the business with what he actually puts on TV is crazy.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

triplexpac posted:

Russo's #1 skill is being able to talk himself up. That's how he gets all these jobs, considering he really doesn't have much to show for his time in the wrestling business.

He'll talk a great game about pushing the young guys, about everything needing to make sense, yada yada, but his body of work doesn't reflect what he says.

I find Russo fascinating. The disconnect between what appears to be a good mind for the business with what he actually puts on TV is crazy.

He did listen to crowd, push the people the crowd liked, and give everyone during his time in the WWF something to do. You have to give him that. There's video of him in the crowd listening to everyone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ax-eiYcJ60 I wonder if he wasn't a writer if Mick Foley ever would have held the world title. I kind of doubt it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Super Ninja Fish posted:

He did listen to crowd, push the people the crowd liked, and give everyone during his time in the WWF something to do. You have to give him that. There's video of him in the crowd listening to everyone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ax-eiYcJ60 I wonder if he wasn't a writer if Mick Foley ever would have held the world title. I kind of doubt it.

Yeah but then there's everything he's done in wrestling since then.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah but then there's everything he's done in wrestling since then.

I know, I don't understand it.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I know, I don't understand it.

Russo was in a creative team with Vince and Cornette in 97/98 and they were able to shoot down his retarded ideas.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

a retard posted:

Russo was in a creative team with Vince and Cornette in 97/98 and they were able to shoot down his retarded ideas.

There were still plenty of awful gimmicks and storylines in 97/98. Just because they were nailing the stuff on top didn't mean there wasn't a poo poo show on the undercard. What really happened was that guys like the New Age Outlaws were able to do whatever they wanted because there was a lot more poo poo being thrown at the wall and they were willing to experiment so some of it happened to be good and stuck.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And the Outlaws mostly worked because Brian James happens to be pretty good on the mic, and found a set of catchphrases that worked.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Russo had (at least) two business-changers on the roster at once in Rock and Austin, both on top of their game. Russo was good exactly one time on his career under more than optimal and specific conditions that he was never able to replicate.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan and Filthy Tom live-calling the Fedor fight on the latest Filthy Four Daily is great, Tom gets so excited :allears:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan and Filthy Tom live-calling the Fedor fight on the latest Filthy Four Daily is great, Tom gets so excited :allears:

I hope somebody syncs it over the fight.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Super Ninja Fish posted:

You didn't think it was interesting to hear Austin and Russo both talk about how sad it was that Sandow and Ryder got over and WWE didn't care? If it was 98, Sandow would be going to the next step. But now, once you're slotted to a spot, you're staying in that spot no matter what. He tells Austin to his face that with these current writers, there might have never been a Stone Cold Steve Austin.

sandow was fine where he was. you don't need to push goofy midcard acts to the main event just because they're over. look what happened when they tried it with Rikishi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jubs posted:

I hope somebody syncs it over the fight.

Complete with Bryan dealing with lag :xd:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I wonder if he wasn't a writer if Mick Foley ever would have held the world title. I kind of doubt it.

He did, a couple of times iirc

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

When Bryan think Tom was joking when he said Fedor got rocked.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Has anyone synced the video and audio yet?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

When Bryan think Tom was joking when he said Fedor got rocked.

"Don't lie to me Tom just because I'm beOH WOW HE DID ROCK HIM! :neckbeard:"

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I would pay to hear a play by play team of Bryan and Filthy. That was fantastic.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

"Don't lie to me Tom just because I'm beOH WOW HE DID ROCK HIM! :neckbeard:"

This was the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Wiretaup/status/744337521002319872

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Spermgod posted:

sandow was fine where he was. you don't need to push goofy midcard acts to the main event just because they're over. look what happened when they tried it with Rikishi.

You are right, in that you don't have to push someone like Sandow to the main event because they are over. On the other hand, you should probably use them and push them at the level they are at though, rather than giving them nothing to do and then releasing them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bryan being wrong is part of his appeal

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There is a Foley family interview on Cheap Heat if you want to hear about Frank the Clown and if Mick likes him.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The fact that Russo makes a lot of sense and argues logically and even expresses a few good alternative ideas when he talks about the problems of the current product just proves that that people who tell critics "Go make your own show if you're so smart," are idiots. Its a logical progressions to go from "I don't need to write a great TV show before I can criticize a bad TV show," to "Just because I made bad TV shows doesn't mean I don't know what makes a great TV show."

Clearly critic and industry pundit was Russo's calling all along. Its just a shame he was a writer so long before he found it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Sanguinia posted:

The fact that Russo makes a lot of sense and argues logically and even expresses a few good alternative ideas when he talks about the problems of the current product just proves that that people who tell critics "Go make your own show if you're so smart," are idiots. Its a logical progressions to go from "I don't need to write a great TV show before I can criticize a bad TV show," to "Just because I made bad TV shows doesn't mean I don't know what makes a great TV show."

Clearly critic and industry pundit was Russo's calling all along. Its just a shame he was a writer so long before he found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7qchwypLbI&feature=youtu.be&t=6s

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't really want to give Russo any credit when it is much easier, and probably way more accurate, to just say the writing team and the big man making the big decisions are just that stupid. Moreso the latter.

Mainly the last time Russo was good was his very first New Legacy Inc appearance. Each subsequent time has been less fun. Thank goodness for Jervis.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

He really pulls off that "New York Reporter," look pretty well.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 20, 2016

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
All I know is when I want the dirt ROVERT has the shovel...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

All I know is when I want the dirt ROVERT has the shovel...

I'm gonna go eat a marshmallow, thank you very much.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The surprise was that there was no surprise.

SURPRISE!!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

how many times does Bryan have to be wrong before he figures out that his source is working him. he is literally NEVER right.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spermgod posted:

how many times does Bryan have to be wrong before he figures out that his source is working him. he is literally NEVER right.

You say this less then 24 hours after Bryan Alvarez was proven right on a scoop.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
one of his 'scoops' he dropped on WOL/the board was right? what was it?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spermgod posted:

one of his 'scoops' he dropped on WOL/the board was right? what was it?

Natty turning on Becky.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

bryan being wrong is part of his appeal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bryan is stupid and I hope his microphones shock him.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Bryan's pronunciation of Worcester was kinda driving me a little crazy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Spermgod posted:

HOLD ON A MINUTE, PLAYA!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Bryan's pronunciation of Worcester was kinda driving me a little crazy.

So he pronounced it the right way? Crazy week when Bryan is correct twice.

• Locked thread