Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dias posted:

I know you guys are always thirsty for the ~~owns~~ but that one was tongue-in-cheek, mate.

sometimes it's hard to tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Manatee Cannon posted:

sometimes it's hard to tell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You really stepped in it, mate.

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Does anyone own this on both console and PC? Is there scope for getting really frustrated due to control differences etc? I am pretty bad at PS4 shooters usually, I get ruined in CoD most of the time.

I have about 30 hours in the PC version, and really, really love it. But a bunch of my pals own PS4s, so I am thinking about it picking it up there too.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

So this card exists

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

lolasaurusrex posted:

Does anyone own this on both console and PC? Is there scope for getting really frustrated due to control differences etc? I am pretty bad at PS4 shooters usually, I get ruined in CoD most of the time.

I have about 30 hours in the PC version, and really, really love it. But a bunch of my pals own PS4s, so I am thinking about it picking it up there too.

There was a recent Reddit thread about the aiming controls being somewhat lacking on consoles: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4oqr5f/since_were_talking_torb_and_console_changes_can/
I've also seen recent comments about Torbjorn being OP on consoles (since it locks on faster than your average player) and it being hard to get the most of Genji (and his mobility) on a controller.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ahhpple posted:

So this card exists

This is the saddest card.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Chaining together wallrides with Lucio on console is also frustrating to the point where I just don't even try anymore.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ahhpple posted:

So this card exists

can reinhardt just not get that card or what

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Dias posted:

I hope they nerf him.

I do want that stupid Hanzo skin to stop existing now that the tryhard crowd has identified how good it is.

Wait, what's up with Hanzo? Do the wolf skins make his ult bigger or something?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Big McHuge posted:

Chaining together wallrides with Lucio on console is also frustrating to the point where I just don't even try anymore.

Map jump to L2 for Lucio - problem solved

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
The wolf skin changes the line he yells when firing his ult, and the first half of that line is noticeably quieter than the normal version. So essentially you get less warning when he fires off the wolves.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Xguard86 posted:

What I really want is some group indicator for when people are in a party. So I know when it's futile to stay in the queue.

There's one coming, but only for competitive mode. They could always expand to the other modes, and I hope they do, but looks like that's the only mode that will have it once the 'ranked' patch rolls out soon™.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

You really stepped in it, mate.

I know how much people hate his fake aussie accent, but as a non-Australian, his lines bring me joy :australia: That line is one of my favorites, as well as the simple "thanks, mate" after receiving armor/shields :regd09:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Is there any reason not to be spamming jump like a jackrabbit on crack as almost every character?

I think it's just habit coming from way too much time in NS and I know it doesn't effect accuracy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Draxion posted:

Cicadalek posted:

The wolf skin changes the line he yells when firing his ult, and the first half of that line is noticeably quieter than the normal version. So essentially you get less warning when he fires off the wolves.

This, and I find the thing is more often than not IN MY FACE when I hear the end of his call. It's obnoxious in the way Blanka's Carnival outfit was obnoxious in SF4.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Xaris posted:

Is there any reason not to be spamming jump like a jackrabbit on crack as almost every character?

I think it's just habit coming from way too much time in NS and I know it doesn't effect accuracy

Don't do it if reinhardt is meleeing you, anyways. His wallops have sideways knock and you won't be able to re-accelerate as quickly if you're in the air, which makes you noticeably slower in trying to get away from him.

The jump arc always looks a little predictable in the killcam when you get owned by a widowmaker, too.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Xaris posted:

You can't control your movement when you're in the air so it makes you easier to hit

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Draxion posted:

Hanzo's wolf skin's ultimate callout is way, way quieter than the default one.

To the point where the ultimate can be halfway out before you even realize it's been fired. It's hosed up and broken and they need to be normalized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOyRH_NJtM4

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I've noticed some people on console jumping all over the place constantly and as someone playing pharah it just makes them easier to predict/hit

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hate Hanzo's wolf skin just because its so nerdy. Shut up about your stupid wolves Hanzo, nobody cares. This is why Genji is the better brother.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Papercut posted:

I tried Reaper for the first time today. Holy poo poo is he fun. I just wish his voice lines were better.

Reaper really needs an alt voice pack that's just Kieth Ferguson rereading all his lines using the Bloo voice from back when he was on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It would go a long way in making Reaper actually appealing.

I wouldn't mind a Ned Kelly skin for Roadhog, either.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Reaper's lines/inflection are great

"You can't be serious."
"Riiiiiiight..."

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I started watching the Gosugamers weekly tournament and they're currently discussing a team they've never heard of called "oink oink HERE COMES BOINK!" who beat some real team that was supposed to be good.

I desperately want oink oink HERE COMES BOINK! to become superstars in competitive Overwatch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Veib posted:

I started watching the Gosugamers weekly tournament and they're currently discussing a team they've never heard of called "oink oink HERE COMES BOINK!" who beat some real team that was supposed to be good.

I desperately want oink oink HERE COMES BOINK! to become superstars in competitive Overwatch.

I think boink and kapow on that team were former invite tf2 players

e: actually overwatch seems to be where a bunch of tf2 players went. a lot of the top teams are filled with them. I can recognize half of splyce, one of the teams that's playing right now in that tournament, from tf2

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 19, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ddraig posted:

Hanzo's wolf skin's ultimate callout is way, way quieter than the default one.

To the point where the ultimate can be halfway out before you even realize it's been fired. It's hosed up and broken and they need to be normalized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOyRH_NJtM4

I'm pretty sure the callouts are the same if you're on the enemy team? Got murdered by ghost wolves and noticed the callout changed when the game cut to the death cam.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm pretty sure the callouts are the same if you're on the enemy team? Got murdered by ghost wolves and noticed the callout changed when the game cut to the death cam.

Nope, if the enemy hanzo has the wolf skin, the ultimate line will be changed when you don't hear it and wolves suddenly burst out of the wall.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Veib posted:

There was some Euro tourney in beta, I forget who ran it but they had ZP casting and the winning team was called My Dong. It started with the casters trying to be serious and eventually one of them starts cracking and deliberately feeding lines about it. About the middle period when they weren't just setting up lovely jokes but realized how absurd it was was the best. "BUT HERE COMES MY DONG REINVIGORATED" etc

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

There was some Euro tourney in beta, I forget who ran it but they had ZP casting and the winning team was called My Dong. It started with the casters trying to be serious and eventually one of them starts cracking and deliberately feeding lines about it. About the middle period when they weren't just setting up lovely jokes but realized how absurd it was was the best. "BUT HERE COMES MY DONG REINVIGORATED" etc

My Dong basically cheated (not really but you know) because they had pluppie and mendokusaii before those two disappeared for a while, those two definitely carried them

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Nope, if the enemy hanzo has the wolf skin, the ultimate line will be changed when you don't hear it and wolves suddenly burst out of the wall.

Indeed. Let me copy the lines from a wiki:
Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau! (self and hostile)
Ōkami yo waga teki wo kurae! (self and hostile, using Lone Wolf or Okami)

Let the dragon consume you! (friendly)
The wolf hunts for its prey! (friendly, using Lone Wolf or Okami)

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Dias posted:

I'll never understand character mains in this game. It's not a fighting game where you need to focus on one character, or TF2 where you could lock Scout, Soldier or Demo and not really change ever.

I'm not a main by any means, but I do have a comfort pick problem. I have some 12 hours of genji played with my next most with roadhog at around 3. It's not that I only want to play genji, it's just that other than in obvious situations (like we have no tank), I end up panic picking and go to who I played last who is invariably genji

Gray Area
Nov 17, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Reaper's lines/inflection are great

"You can't be serious."
"Riiiiiiight..."

On a warm Saturday morning, circa 1996...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Primetime posted:

I'm not a main by any means, but I do have a comfort pick problem. I have some 12 hours of genji played with my next most with roadhog at around 3. It's not that I only want to play genji, it's just that other than in obvious situations (like we have no tank), I end up panic picking and go to who I played last who is invariably genji

Ah, that's fine, I tend to go Soldier when in doubt, I mean people that just REFUSE to switch from their character ever.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Reaper is strong and good and people's reservations about playing Silly Edge Man are weird as heck.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Heh, even the guy from the winning team they interviewed at the end of the tournament just now said he doesn't think Mccree has a place in the meta anymore.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Reaper is strong and good and people's reservations about playing Silly Edge Man are weird as heck.

use el blanco or mariachi and reaper is improved by 1000%

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

use el blanco or mariachi and reaper is improved by 1000%

The fact that this doesn't switch his voice lines to the spanish localization is very upsetting to me

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You have to listen to his voice the whole time so his characterisation does actively effect your experience. If there was a comedy voice option for him, I'd switch to it in a second.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Papercut posted:

You have to listen to his voice the whole time so his characterisation does actively effect your experience. If there was a comedy voice option for him, I'd switch to it in a second.

Reaper IS the comedy voice option.

How do you people not just die laughing any time you melee kill and hear him go "SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

death comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The meta is double Junkrats thanks for listening