Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I like Dark Souls 2 more than the first one but I would still suggest playing them in order if at all possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm getting tired of all these dark souls.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mainly because the user friendliness (as far as it goes with Souls anyway) increases with each game making it hard to go back. It's not impossible, I went back and finished Demon's for the first time recently but I definitely struggled with some aspects.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
With that in mind, definitely play Dark Souls 3 last. Not only does it have some of the best level design and multiplayer in the series, but it has so many convenient features that make it really hard to go back to the old ones.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Am I the only one having issues to pay using Paypal?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Cool thanks for the DarkSiders and Dark Souls info!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Does Rayman Legends have online co-op?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i think the ps3 version doesnt have the nemesis system at all

and nothing of value was lost

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

qbert posted:

Nope.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So yesterday I could buy some DLC using paypal but today that I try to get some games, the PSN tells me "paypal is not a valid credit card"

Any ideas on what happened? :psyduck:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

qbert posted:

Shareplay has killed the need

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i have one of these if someone is interested. $10 paypal, claim here then shoot me a PM

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

and nothing of value was lost
said a known hater of fun

i guess if you are Mr. Perfect Ownpants and never fail then the nemesis system is bad, my mistake

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CrashCat posted:

i guess if you are Mr. Perfect Ownpants and never fail then the nemesis system is bad, my mistake

Even then it's fantastic watching named orcs come back disfigured in the ways you killed them last time. Stux is just famously wrong about pretty much everything.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kalensc posted:

Dark Souls II - Only games from the series I've tried was Demon's Souls on the 360.

That's a neat trick.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's v. good as long as the unnecessarily brutal death scenes don't bother you.

I've never gotten this complaint. Tomb Raider's no worse than any other modern game in that regard. Go play Until Dawn and then get back to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the other games that do it are supposed to be horror games though, not a pulpy action adventure.

It didn't really bother me but it did some people and I can see where they're going from and I'm glad the second one toned it down.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

abagofcheetos posted:

i have one of these if someone is interested. $10 paypal, claim here then shoot me a PM

Sure, I'll take it. A free-ish theme is nice. I'll pm you in a second.

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 20, 2016

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Skychrono posted:

Sure, I'll take it. A free-ish theme is nice. I'll pm you in a second.

PM sent, thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

i love fun

a system that only works when u die often in a game that isn't hard isntn fun, it's redundant and pointless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So yesterday I could buy some DLC using paypal but today that I try to get some games, the PSN tells me "paypal is not a valid credit card"

Any ideas on what happened? :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Am I the only one having issues to pay using Paypal?

Yeah a few days ago I bought Oxenfree with Paypal through the internet website, it told me that the payment method failed or whatever, when I tried again it said "You are not eligible to purchase this content", then I went on the actual PS store with my PS4 and Oxenfree was able to be downloaded without purchasing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Weird. In my case the system simply rejects Paypal.

Going to the store through my PS4 returns that "The credit Card isn't valid" error while the webstore tells me the transaction can't be completed and that I try later or use the PS4 store.

Goddamit Sony, why you make so hard giving you money? :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PSN store freaks out like that sometimes, if you're in a position to buy pre-paid codes from Amazon or somewhere that's probably your best bet.

el3m
Jun 18, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

All the other games that do it are supposed to be horror games though, not a pulpy action adventure.

It didn't really bother me but it did some people and I can see where they're going from and I'm glad the second one toned it down.

The scenes are quite excessive, watch eg. Conan O'Briens "review" to see for yourself. The tone of the game is sometimes Indiana Jones and sometimes like Saw.

In any case, the game itself is great and those scenes didn't bother me too much. I just double dipped the definite edition for PS4 and it's quickly becoming one of the rare games I've completed twice, I'm already at the end game after a weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you have a PS4 you should play Bloodborne

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Any stores doing prepaid card discounts right now?

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, Best Buy has buy 1 get the second 20% off.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thanks!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

The PSN store freaks out like that sometimes, if you're in a position to buy pre-paid codes from Amazon or somewhere that's probably your best bet.

I just hard a weird situation today where PSN wouldn't take my card for my PS+ subscription but going to the account page on Sony's website I was able to add funds to my wallet and then pay for it out of there.

Edit: Awesome, I just checked my email and despite getting an error message stating that they couldn't process my first charge they actually did.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 20, 2016

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I just hard a weird situation today where PSN wouldn't take my card for my PS+ subscription but going to the account page on Sony's website I was able to add funds to my wallet and then pay for it out of there.

Edit: Awesome, I just checked my email and despite getting an error message stating that they couldn't process my first charge they actually did.

Yeah I had something similar happen to me this weekend. It gave me an error saying it couldn't process anything but I still got the email saying thanks for your purchase.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I had something similar happen to me this weekend. It gave me an error saying it couldn't process anything but I still got the email saying thanks for your purchase.

I contacted them and pretty painlessly got a refund put in for one of the PS+s.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's a Squeenix Sale

PS4
FFX/X2: $25
FF14: $10
FF14 Collector's: $20
FF14+Heavensward: $25

PS3/Vita
FF1 + 2: $5
Chrono Trigger: $5
FF5: $5
FF6: $5
FFT: $5
FF8: $5
FF9: $5
Chrono Cross: $5
Front Mission 3: $5
PE1: $5
PE2: $5
Legend of Mana: $5

PS3
FFX/X2: $15
FF13-2: $7.50
FF13 LR: $10
Drakenguard 3: $10

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Weak but there will very very likely be a flash sale this weekend

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also :lol: at them charging $20 for Deadlight when I'm pretty sure that mediocre game was $15 last gen. I thought you were supposed to go down from the original price with these next gen rereleased

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is the original Dissidia made obsolete by the second one (012, duodecim, whatever it's called)? I'll just grab the newer one if I'm not missing out on anything.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Minidust posted:

Is the original Dissidia made obsolete by the second one (012, duodecim, whatever it's called)? I'll just grab the newer one if I'm not missing out on anything.
I would say yes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Minidust posted:

Yeah

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Harlock posted:

It's a Squeenix Sale

PS4
FFX/X2: $25
FF14: $10
FF14 Collector's: $20
FF14+Heavensward: $25

PS3/Vita
FF1 + 2: $5
Chrono Trigger: $5
FF5: $5
FF6: $5
FFT: $5
FF8: $5
FF9: $5
Chrono Cross: $5
Front Mission 3: $5
PE1: $5
PE2: $5
Legend of Mana: $5

PS3
FFX/X2: $15
FF13-2: $7.50
FF13 LR: $10
Drakenguard 3: $10

But hey you can join in the FFV Fiesta with Princess Salsa and the Y-Burns!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Minidust posted:

Fairly sure the first one unlocks after you've beaten the campaign.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Avoid the Square Enix store. Their bundles are terrible, their sales are terrible, and their shipping prices are ridiculous. I should mention too that their packaging is garbage, with no padding or care taken for any of their larger objects -- no bueno

Edit: hah thought this was the deals thread

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grand kingdom got a free demo today if you're interested. i don't know anything except its a srpg so i'm gonna try it out.

• Locked thread