Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, his eyes were blue.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Mover posted:

Let's not forget one of the dumber Rogue power steals of all time

I don't have the panels, but I'm reminded of one of the cooler Rogue moments. This was early 90s. The team was fighting Nimrod and getting plastered. First, because she gets knocked out, Rogue absorbs Kitty Pride's powers (as well as her nerd analytical background voice) but then things get serious time, so with Kitty's smarts, she comes up with a plan, and grabs both Colossus' and Nightcrawler's powers. She then bamfs in, grabs Nimrod's arm, and teleports away with JUST that piece of him, tearing him apart.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That really sounds more like a Kitty Pryde moment by proxy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ygolonac posted:

Full page:

One of a bunch of silly, mostly media-inspired, Ghost Riders seen in GR #33, from 2009. More can be seen in this post right here.

GR #34 in that run is straight-up Ghost Rider vs. Demon Trucker, but the art isn't quite as balls-out as this page. Suydam cover, but a really meh one IMO.

It makes me sad they couldn't make a flame mustache for Ghost Bandit. Chased by sheriff Buford T Injustice. :v:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

That really sounds more like a Kitty Pryde moment by proxy.

It's basically the same thing as Emma taking over Bobby and actually using the full capabilities of what Ice Man can do.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's basically the same thing as Emma taking over Bobby and actually using the full capabilities of what Ice Man can do.

Or when Doctor Doom got brain-switched with Sue Storm.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

What did they do?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Deptfordx posted:

What did they do?

I wasn't able to find scans, but one of the first things Doom did was create a tube-shaped force field and core out a whole bunch of redshirts.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

To be fair I'm pretty sure I've seen Sue Storm threaten 'I could open up a force bubble inside you', it might even have been to Doctor Doom, and she's no problem with trashing robots etc.

It's more that she doesn't want to engage in mass slaughter that she doesn't know how to.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Deptfordx posted:

To be fair I'm pretty sure I've seen Sue Storm threaten 'I could open up a force bubble inside you', it might even have been to Doctor Doom, and she's no problem with trashing robots etc.

It's more that she doesn't want to engage in mass slaughter that she doesn't know how to.

Yeah, it was to Doom himself in FF. Doom comes to the Baxter Building after Johnny Storm died and says something that sets the Thing off and before they start wrecking up the place Sue puts a force field between them both and tells Doom to behave or she'll put an air bubble in his brain.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

In "What If Death's Head Had Lived?", Sue uses her power to explode bubbles in the villain (Charnal I believe). Unfortunately he can mimic or redirect powers or some such bullshit and when she tries it again, he blows up Thing (and maybe someone else, I can't remember) real good.

I wish I had the panels. I know What If? kills a lot of people, but it blew my mind how many mainstream heroes got wiped.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Sue is one of three characters in the MU who's the dark horse contender for most dangerous super on Earth, just in terms of who stands a chance against her one on one. If, for example, the Hand got hold of her or Kitty or Katie Power, there aren't many supers who could do anything about it.

The Midniter posted:

In "What If Death's Head Had Lived?", Sue uses her power to explode bubbles in the villain (Charnal I believe). Unfortunately he can mimic or redirect powers or some such bullshit and when she tries it again, he blows up Thing (and maybe someone else, I can't remember) real good.

It was Luke Cage, as I recall. That book was a bloodbath.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Midniter posted:

I wish I had the panels. I know What If? kills a lot of people, but it blew my mind how many mainstream heroes got wiped.

It was Thing and Luke Cage.

The issue is awesome because it was written by Simon Furman, the guy who did the original Death's Head series and HATED that Marvel killed him off to create Death's Head II. It's written as a giant middle finger.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The War Machine kill in that issue literally gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

Edit:

:ohdear:

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 16, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:stonk: Well, then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Reminds me a little of one of my favorite bits from Grant Morrison and Howard Porter's run on JLA:

From the Rock of Ages storyline, issue #14

"He's in your head, you big, ugly moron" :hellyeah:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm currently reading Wolverine Origins on Marvel Unlimited, and good God, I hate the way Steve Dillon draws Wolverine. He makes Logan look like a dumpy moron.

In fact, I'm not crazy about most of this art. Is it just me, or is Dillon kind of lovely at his job?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Leavemywife posted:

good God, I hate the way Steve Dillon draws

:agreed:

He seems to only ever draw one type of face on his main characters, especially female ones. If they didn't have different hairstyles, any Dillon story would seem like a series of clones interacting

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Bohemian Nights posted:

He seems to only ever draw one type of face on his main characters, especially female ones. If they didn't have different hairstyles, any Dillon story would seem like a series of clones interacting

I would be totally down for a story about that, actually.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

He's one of the worst artists working today, imo. He couldn't convey motion to save his life while I was reading his various punisher runs, and I've never seen him incorporate his characters into their environment with any kind of excitement or flair. At the same time, I do think, as others have said, that he has this kind of story-board-artist quality in that he does manage to convey what's happening pretty clearly. Odd duck for sure.

Also he at one point drew this and thought, "this is ok":

Toadstrieb fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 19, 2016

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Why is this page so strange? Darkseid is hitting the Heisman. Connor is a black guy all of a sudden.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toadstrieb posted:

He's one of the worst artists working today, imo. He couldn't convey motion to save his life while I was reading his various punisher runs, and I've never seen him incorporate his characters into their environment with any kind of excitement or flair. At the same time, I do think, as others have said, that he has this kind of story-board-artist quality in that he does manage to convey what's happening pretty clearly. Odd duck for sure.

Also he at one point drew this and thought, "this is ok":

What, exactly, is wrong with it?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

prefect posted:

The Russian's tits are too small.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

prefect posted:

To me, it's poo poo-tier artwork. Everything in the picture looks amateurish and the execution is unimaginative and dull.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Toadstrieb posted:

To me, it's poo poo-tier artwork. Everything in the picture looks amateurish and the execution is unimaginative and dull.

That just means you haven't actually seen poo poo-tier artwork yet.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Wanderer posted:

That just means you haven't actually seen poo poo-tier artwork yet.

That makes me sad.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Toadstrieb posted:

That makes me sad.

Since Gavok posted this on Twitter last night, thus reminding me it exists and cancelling my weekend, here's a good example of how deep this barrel goes:

http://4thletter.net/2009/06/tekken-saga-and-tekken-2-mishima-family-values/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wanderer posted:

Since Gavok posted this on Twitter last night, thus reminding me it exists and cancelling my weekend, here's a good example of how deep this barrel goes:

That lettering is physically harming me

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He used to be way better. He's just fallen onto a lot of crutches to get his stuff done on time nowadays. :smith:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

SonicRulez posted:

Why is this page so strange? Darkseid is hitting the Heisman. Connor is a black guy all of a sudden.

Unless I'm wrong Connor is half black so that makes a fair amount of sense, I'm more stunned at his look of shock not going at all with what he's saying.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Wanderer posted:

RIPSPLISTS!!!

That's my new favorite word

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SynthOrange posted:

He used to be way better. He's just fallen onto a lot of crutches to get his stuff done on time nowadays. :smith:

If by "nowadays" you mean the entire 21st century, then I agree...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

RIPSPLISTS!!!

I've always been a fan of AH$HITTT!!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Wanderer posted:

It has the same quality lettering as a fan translation!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

TGG posted:

Unless I'm wrong Connor is half black so that makes a fair amount of sense, I'm more stunned at his look of shock not going at all with what he's saying.

"Connor is of mixed Asian, African, and European heritage (his mother was half black and half Korean, and his father Oliver is white), and was originally depicted with Asiatic features, dark skin, and fair hair and eyes. However, this has not been consistently maintained across different artists and colorists"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

RIPSPLISTS!!!

It's the sound you make when you use your "most deadliest attack".

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I prefer to think of it as the guy's chest being ripped open by a massive human fist

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Ripsplists is a euphemism for a particually bad case of diarrhea.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This being a code-approved book from 1972, I was expecting Shanna to pull the old "let them think you're gonna kill them, then knock them unconscious" routine, but nope, she stood back and coolly watched her leopards end that dude.

Shanna the She-Devil #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Game of Thrones comic adaptation lookin good