Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Ok, but what the hell is happening at 4:59 onward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's called a late night talk show. They have an opening monologue where they pick a current event and then make zany, TV safe jokes about it for a few seconds before moving on to the next topic.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

No, I mean the voice speaking in the laughter.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

divabot posted:

This article is a useful overview of what an obvious con man Wright is and why his claim to be Satoshi is clearly BS; suitable for sharing with people who don't know much about Bitcoin.

That article is boring and indicipherable to anyone who doesn't know much about Bitcoin

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cheez posted:

No, I mean the voice speaking in the laughter.

I think it is the band leader, it sounds like his voice from earlier in the clip. Why he is doing it I don't know though.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Maybe it's actually Satoshi

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

QuarkJets posted:

That article is boring and indicipherable to anyone who doesn't know much care about Bitcoin

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

mikemil828 posted:

Is Wright not the Satoshi or simply just not their Satoshi? Looks like we'll find out sooner or later. Personally I hope he is, just for the sheer comedy.
We are all Satoshi.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i can feel it... the blockchain flows through me!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mozi posted:

i can feel it... the blockchain flows through me!

That' s just some pedophile's dick.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

We are all Satoshi.

The real Bitcoin was inside us all along.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Kallev posted:

The real Bitcoin was inside us all along.

In our butts. A buttcoin, if you will.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Haha! Good show, Powers, good show!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot."

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36213580

:lol::lol:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm beginning to doubt his story a little bit

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why doesn't he just post with his satoshi account again like what happened when Dorian popped up?

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to take my penis from out of my mouth, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot.

McNerd fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 7, 2016

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/user/JazKone

quote:

I really don't get all this outage. People behave as if Craig Wright is a fraud, but there is no proof of that. There is absolutely no reason to believe he is not Satoshi. The very same people also loudly claim that we are all Satoshi. If that is the case, so is Craig Wright.
I see no reason to put away the popcorn yet.

quote:

That's a good one, here is another:
Craig is under pressure from government to prove he is not Satoshi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4i5y2m/there_is_nothing_like_a_common_enemy_to_unite_a/

quote:

quote:

There is nothing like a common enemy to unite a community. This past week has seen the least amount of disagreement here in probably 3 years. Thank you Craig Wright! (self.Bitcoin)
[–]Aviathor [score hidden] 3 hours ago
Satoshi is very clever ;-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4i4kdx/mission_accomplished_for_craig_wright/

quote:

[–]johnnycoin -1 points 10 hours ago
I don't actually doubt that Craig Wright is a scammer. The only problem i have with your post is that you have fallen into typical human logical fallacy land. Just because Wright may have scammed and may be scamming now doesn't mean that he is not Satoshi....
The Satoshi Wallet.dat is somewhere and I do believe this noise is getting us closer to where it is.

[–]BitcoinFuturist 8 points 10 hours ago
But there is not a shred of evidence that suggests he is satoshi ...

[–]johnnycoin 1 point 9 hours ago
It is possible that he is the best con man ever and was able to dupe so many people with nice words. But this is a long con of epic proportions, Craig Wright has been working this con for months now if that is the case. There is enough smoke here to tell me that the Satoshi fire is close. We all want a simple answer and are waiting for Satoshi to come out from behind the curtain at Oz. However, the Satoshi story may be vastly more complicated than we can imagine, even now.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Every Satoshi needs a model train. Dorian is uber-Satoshi.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
He's been running this con for months. Months! No man has such willpower.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Stumbled upon some nice piece of Bitcoin poetry and thought I'd share it with you.

https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson/who-isnt-selling

Enjoy.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/what-to-do-ransomware-hackers-011857871.html

quote:

However, criminals have increasingly begun demanding payment in the form of iTunes or Amazon gift cards, since the average person doesn’t know how to use Bitcoin, according to Gary Davis, chief consumer security evangelist at Intel Security.

This is good for bitcoin. Or for criminals. Or for iTunes and Amazon, I don't know

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

EricBauman posted:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/what-to-do-ransomware-hackers-011857871.html

This is good for bitcoin. Or for criminals. Or for iTunes and Amazon, I don't know

The good news is people who deal in bitcoins already have garbage bags full of gift cards. Win-win!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

EricBauman posted:

chief consumer security evangelist at Intel Security

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

http://deadspin.com/darren-mcfadden-claims-business-advisor-blew-his-money-1781771158

quote:

Cowboys RB Darren McFadden filed suit against his family friend and longtime financial advisor Michael Vick (not that one), claiming Vick scammed him and squandered $15 million of his money—including $3 million on a failed Bitcoin investment.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Maldoror posted:

Use tor browser

Go to site selling all kinds of cool weed and acid and other drugs

Add to cart

Pay

Bitcoins?

Need to install bitcoin, then go to exchange and exchange cash for bitcoin.

The bitcoin install needs 20 gigs because it works by storing every transaction ever made on every client.

This is a lot of work for my weed I added to my web cart. But I guess it's better than getting killed buying from a dealer in the hood?

Curse you, weed!

You don't need to install bitcoin on your computer numbnut. There are websites that will deposit BTC right into your wallet on the drug website in exchange for cash and then you just buy things.

BTC sucks but just sayin'.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

McFadden has been such a garbage RB he doesn't deserve the money anyway

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Roylicious posted:

You don't need to install bitcoin on your computer numbnut. There are websites that will deposit BTC right into your wallet on the drug website in exchange for cash and then you just buy things.

BTC sucks but just sayin'.

until they get "hacked" and you lose all the btc you bought

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

robodex posted:

until they get "hacked" and you lose all the btc you bought

Well yeah you just do small amounts at any time and don't ever hold BTC (immediately buy the drugs with it).

Granted I haven't used any of that since before The Silk Road drama happened but it worked just fine for a while there when I was in foreign lands and had no connects. Worst part was it would just take a couple days for the wire to the exchange to go through then a couple days to get BTC in your wallet. The redirecting payment and China running it all weren't a thing back then afaik.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Roylicious posted:

Well yeah you just do small amounts at any time and don't ever hold BTC (immediately buy the drugs with it).

Granted I haven't used any of that since before The Silk Road drama happened but it worked just fine for a while there when I was in foreign lands and had no connects. Worst part was it would just take a couple days for the wire to the exchange to go through then a couple days to get BTC in your wallet. The redirecting payment and China running it all weren't a thing back then afaik.

You aren't going to become a captain of industry unless you do bitcoin speculations

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
For a serious moment during all that I thought about arbitrage in various exchanges but then I realized that would be a hilariously awful and risky idea.

I guess I'll just never make it in this doge world.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You aren't going to become a captain of industry if you do bitcoin

Fixed

Stoned Sheep
Jun 21, 2010
Not bitcoin but close http://www.businessinsider.com/dao-hacked-ethereum-crashing-in-value-tens-of-millions-allegedly-stolen-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T :shepicide:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man 3 mil is a shitload to go down the drain on a failed bitcoin investment, I'd like to see that breakdown.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I imagine the Michael Vick that plays football would be more into Dogecoin

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I am the guy saying that the problem is not the currency but is the victim who is a stupid stupid doodoo head.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Loads of stupid speculative money reminded me, what are the Vinklevoss doing these days? Still into bitcoin?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Laputanmachine posted:

Loads of stupid speculative money reminded me, what are the Vinklevoss doing these days? Still into bitcoin?

They are still loving that chicken.
They have a MTGox up and running, waiting for the Chinese to stop loving up Bitcoin by being better.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I thought they were setting up funds so they could end up dumping their coins for money without anyone knowing and crashing the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought they were setting up funds so they could end up dumping their coins for money without anyone knowing and crashing the market.
No, they 100% drank the kool-aid and are idiot true believers.

• Locked thread