Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My brain is too slow to handle LMP cars properly. I can't drive them fast enough to benefit from all the performance they offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Megadyptes posted:

That must've cost them a fair bit.

Kunos have the Lamborghini and Ferrari licences, its pretty clear they have some serious money in the bank now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Well we know why the mods section on the boards was killed now!

gently caress yes that LMP1 car!

Excited as hell for this pack!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Saw this posted in another thread. Forza 6 beta is open for windows 10 for free. Haven't tried it so I have no opinions on if it's good or not.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...ta/9nblggh3shm7

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I spent a couple hours at it.. it's just a Forza game with some F2P hooks in it. I found it hard to judge the driving sim because it doesn't support wheels, but with a controller it seems to be a bit of a diversion from earlier Forza games I've played. With this new Forza, the difference between threshold braking and full lock is a fraction of a millimeter and I couldn't get used to it. In past titles it was super easy to trail brake with a controller and you could really dive into a turn.

It's not as pretty as I'd like either.. PCars looks better. But my video card is a few years old and the game wanted to tone down the visuals to maintain FPS. Framerate took a nosedive when I tried cranking to maximum.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So apparently the Porsche pack is going to be 2 packs, so judging from how many cars usually go into their DLC that's gonna be about 14-15 cars.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

:magical:

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That's a lot of Porsche.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

xzzy posted:

I spent a couple hours at it.. it's just a Forza game with some F2P hooks in it. I found it hard to judge the driving sim because it doesn't support wheels, but with a controller it seems to be a bit of a diversion from earlier Forza games I've played. With this new Forza, the difference between threshold braking and full lock is a fraction of a millimeter and I couldn't get used to it. In past titles it was super easy to trail brake with a controller and you could really dive into a turn.

It's not as pretty as I'd like either.. PCars looks better. But my video card is a few years old and the game wanted to tone down the visuals to maintain FPS. Framerate took a nosedive when I tried cranking to maximum.

Yeah I found it hard to control the Ferrari and above, there's such a fine line between control and not, I'm use to a 1080° wheel so switching to a controller was kind of meh, I'd rather play nfs shift over Forza 6.. issue with nsf is it broke my save and I haven't wanted to go back to it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Wow.
How did they manage to pull that one? :magical:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I, eh, may have to reinstall AC

For the LMP1 car mostly, since they own and more games should add one.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

How does the T300RS compare to the G27 or T500? After Logitech loving up the G27 drivers, I'm considering getting it and using my existing G27 pedals + shifter.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
So is the Porsche license now out of EA exclusivity or did they get a sublicense? Anyway, Porsche in AC, Caterham in AMS. Good week.

IceAgeComing posted:

I, eh, may have to reinstall AC

For the LMP1 car mostly, since they own and more games should add one.

You could also reinstall it to participate in our Toyota championship :reject:

Assetto Corsa:
    Sunday 06/19, 20:00 GMT
    Toyota AE86 Tuned (street tires) at Magione
    Qualifying/Practice: 19:30
    Race: 20:15, however many laps comes to about 25 mins
    200% tire wear and fuel usage

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
If you buy me the pack of cars that I don't care about then I will :)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh the Japanese car pack owns

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I can't compare to a g27, I had a driving force gt. I bought mine for the same reason, win 10 fuckery.

The t300 is a solid wheel, I wish it had more buttons.
The force feedback feels different than the geared wheels, it's not as harsh and jarring so you end up relearning feeling, It's constant though, and although you can feel the notches in the belt, it's still way more subtle than the gears. Driving with it is better in my onpinio, way better than the dfgt. I find oval driving with it feels better and I don't have that wiggle room between notches like I had with the dfgt.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Something got brought up in a few places, does this Porsche in AC thing mean Porsche have changed their approach to licencing? I remember the Kunos devs not having nice things to say about them when they did that RD interview a while back so now I'm wondering if Porsche relaxed their licencing stuff now that the EA money isn't coming in.

E: 505 Games said on their German Twitter that there are gonna be 20 cars in the 2 packs.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 18, 2016

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
The ac facebook announcement said exclusive so maybe they did another ea type deal.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

IceAgeComing posted:

If you buy me the pack of cars that I don't care about then I will :)

Well check your drat email.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

OhsH posted:

The ac facebook announcement said exclusive so maybe they did another ea type deal.

I hope forza isn't the only other game to get Porsche content...

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
E: wrong thread

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
AC Magione today is going to be 15 laps.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Quick reminder: AC in 40 minutes (server up in 10).

But more importantly: CART for AMS: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-extreme.10810/

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I was having shifter issues and barely got it working before the race started, so I forgot to check my fuel and welp. Fun race as always though!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Qualified at the last minute again. :v: This time I actually managed to keep my poo poo together for the most part! Forgot how fun Magione is, lots of long sideways turns. That long straight is a godsend for finishing my lunch.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Results:

Standings:

Server is back to hotlapping Nordschleife.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Forgot to say thanks for the server I had to rush off right afterwards.

Jehde posted:

Qualified at the last minute again. :v: This time I actually managed to keep my poo poo together for the most part! Forgot how fun Magione is, lots of long sideways turns. That long straight is a godsend for finishing my lunch.

I was behind you the first lap and your car looked like it was permanently drifting at some 45 degree angle. I don't know if it was netcode being off or something but it was weird as poo poo

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Will have to miss next week too, look forward to chasing you down, ghostdog.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Goetta posted:

I was behind you the first lap and your car looked like it was permanently drifting at some 45 degree angle. I don't know if it was netcode being off or something but it was weird as poo poo

I use a gamepad so it may have just been me fishtailing constantly, along with my North American ping. Sorry to whoever was behind me most of the race. :v:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CART still scares me because of the turbo lag but man, these look so much better now than they did before. It's also hilarious how CART Factor for rF2 has been worked on for ages, and the AMS version got a graphical overhaul and released in a few months.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

GhostDog posted:

Race results

https://fat.gfycat.com/ForkedAcceptableAmericancrow.webm

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 20, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thank you for these, they're great.

Especially the gif showing how terrible I am. :v:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Jehde posted:

Thank you for these, they're great.

Especially the gif showing how terrible I am. :v:

I am also a bad driver and the only reason I got second was 1. I was on the inside of turn 1 and gambled on staying inside and 2. Eyud ran out of gas. I remember looking at the realtime deltas and being like poo poo he is going to pass me in 3 laps then he disappeared.

I was planning to upload the entire race replay but it was late.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

OhsH posted:

Will have to miss next week too, look forward to chasing you down, ghostdog.

Awww :(

Well, I don't know how many races are left, i.e. how many tracks fitting the car. I could of course use some tracks twice. Grand Finale at Mills? Eh?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Don't know if I should ask this here or the VR thread but I've finally put some time into A.C. in VR and one thing I can't seem to figure out is, I've watched some videos and people have like a mini map type thing that shows where opponents are that changes the color of their dots to red when they are super close. Is that something that's built into the game, or a mod? If it's built into the game, how to I pull that up? And if it's a mod does anyone know which one it is?

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 20, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
That's an app/mod called helicorsa.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

Don't know if I should ask this here or the VR thread but I've finally put some time into A.C. in VR and one thing I can't seem to figure out is, I've watched some videos and people have like a mini map type thing that shows where opponents are that changes the color of their dots to red when they are super close. Is that something that's built into the game, or a mod? If it's built into the game, how to I pull that up? And if it's a mod does anyone know which one it is?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Awesome, thanks guys.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Are there any sims or sim-lites with a sort of co-op mode, with human players on the same team à la Formula 1 Constructors Championship? I just grabbed a Logitech Momo from a moving clearance and my girlfriend asked if that sort of game exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

None that I can think of that do that kind of thing as a set mode, a lot of people will get matching paint schemes and work with a teammate online though.