Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I was about to go "me neither" and then I got it right as I hit the quote button.

Hint: think about Ryan Bundy's face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYnhH95u_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Hermetic posted:

I don't feel good about laughing at that.

Yeah. He and the rest of his clan are all assholes, but mocking the results of a childhood accident like that is pretty tasteless.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Yeah. He and the rest of his clan are all assholes, but mocking the results of a childhood accident like that is pretty tasteless.

Counterpoint: He is a SovCit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Geostomp posted:

DUCK SEASON FIRE

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Counterpoint: He is a SovCit.

And that is far, far more worthy of mockery.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Geostomp posted:

Very true!
I still laughed like a madman when I saw it though. Oh well!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He'll be the most unique prison wife in the joint.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone have the passages from Lavoy's book where he shoots an FBI agent and crucified another?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Several pieces of news today. First, from OPB, several Malheur staff are going to stop working for the refuge. Short version is they're afraid for their lives.

Additionally, restoration efforts are finally starting back up in Golden Butte, the location of the first major Bundy standoff.

On the lighter side, JJ MacNabb, thread hero, spoke at a recent forum on "Countering Extremism on America's Public Lands". Her remarks are [url=http://www.seditionists.com/publiclandsforum.pdf]here

Because I know what you're really after, the other file from her presentation, memes.pdf, is here.

MacNabb is frustrated with how light sentences from the occupation have been so far. It appears she thinks these folks are going to immediately double down on, and spread, their beliefs after release- a prediction I think makes sense given the behavior we've seen so far.

Discendo Vox has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Jun 19, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Casimir Radon posted:

He'll be the most unique prison wife in the joint.

Could we not cackle about someone getting raped like it's a just punishment, please?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Golden Butte

Mods, name change please.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Discendo Vox posted:

Several pieces of news today. First, from OPB, several Malheur staff are going to stop working for the refuge. Short version is they're afraid for their lives.

Additionally, restoration efforts are finally starting back up in Golden Butte, the location of the first major Bundy standoff.

On the lighter side, JJ MacNabb, thread hero, spoke at a recent forum on "Countering Extremism on America's Public Lands". Her remarks are here.

Because I know what you're really after, the other file from her presentation, memes.pdf, is here.

MacNabb is frustrated with how light sentences from the occupation have been so far. It appears she thinks these folks are going to immediately double down on, and spread, their beliefs after release- a prediction I think makes sense given the behavior we've seen so far.
Thanks for those updates

We're up to 4 guilty pleas now? Waiting for the faces of the occupation to start trial Sept 7th to see if it was worth it.

Knight has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Jun 19, 2016

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Discendo Vox posted:

It's the B team pleading out, I think the sentences are light to give incentive for the rest to flip. Once we get down to the core members and those batshit enough to drag it out, then we'll see people get put away until we have flying moon cars.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Recently read The Mad Bomber of New York, it's a fascinating story of a domestic terrorist who operated in the US for decades. George Metesky, the Bomber, had severe paranoid schizophrenia, and the descriptions of how he thought of Consolidated Edison, his big boogeyman, and the way the SovCits think of FEMA/Obama/BLM was disturbingly parallel. Schizophrenia typically grabs hold and gets worse as people age. Are these people really mentally ill instead of being stupid?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Doomtalker posted:

Recently read The Mad Bomber of New York, it's a fascinating story of a domestic terrorist who operated in the US for decades. George Metesky, the Bomber, had severe paranoid schizophrenia, and the descriptions of how he thought of Consolidated Edison, his big boogeyman, and the way the SovCits think of FEMA/Obama/BLM was disturbingly parallel. Schizophrenia typically grabs hold and gets worse as people age. Are these people really mentally ill instead of being stupid?

Some of them probably are, yes. The others are stupid enough to believe delusional people.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I had a psychotic episode once where I was going to fight God on some date and prevent the end of the world and it was really frightening in retrospect how many people believed me and wanted to help me fight God. People are more gullible than you think.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Fighting god and preventing the end of the world are both good and righteous ideas. Way better than occupying bird sanctuaries. IMO.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Starshark posted:

I had a psychotic episode once where I was going to fight God on some date and prevent the end of the world and it was really frightening in retrospect how many people believed me and wanted to help me fight God. People are more gullible than you think.

jrpg protagonist spotted

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Al! posted:

Genuinely I think the only one who deserves a lot of time is Ammon because he seems to be the head prick using a bunch of really pathetic people to play out his fantasy of being just like daddy. Well and daddy of course

i think ryan and cliven and a few of the others deserve long prison stints too.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think ryan and cliven and a few of the others deserve long prison stints too.

Cliven will never see the outside world again. And his sons will probably be forgotten about until thirty years down the road when they're broken shells of men whose family has left them behind. All of their futures are very, very bleak.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

So the Federal government is hiring? What kind of dangerous assignment bonus pay are we talking about?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Cliven will never see the outside world again. And his sons will probably be forgotten about until thirty years down the road when they're broken shells of men whose family has left them behind. All of their futures are very, very bleak.

The thought of this makes me smile. :)

IAMNOTADOCTOR
Sep 26, 2013

Onze of my Dutch patients is a sovereign citizen. He is also suing the Dutch government for treating his add with amphetamines, which is clearly the same as giving drugs to children. He expects to be awarded the 2.5 billion euro that was falsely used for his treatment and requested me to prescribe medical marijuana as a treatment for his add.

Why is there a Dutch sovereign citizen? I have no idea. Please contain the crazy USA.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Onze of my Dutch patients is a sovereign citizen. He is also suing the Dutch government for treating his add with amphetamines, which is clearly the same as giving drugs to children. He expects to be awarded the 2.5 billion euro that was falsely used for his treatment and requested me to prescribe medical marijuana as a treatment for his add.

Why is there a Dutch sovereign citizen? I have no idea. Please contain the crazy USA.

Why do you have patients, you are clearly not a doctor?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Did he invoke the Most Holy Constitution? Foreign SovCits have been known to pull the same jumbled collection of documents that US nuts do.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Geostomp posted:

Did he invoke the Most Holy Constitution? Foreign SovCits have been known to pull the same jumbled collection of documents that US nuts do.

The big court judgment that explained sovereign citizen stuff was in Canada, and they had attempted to cite the UCC (the US's Uniform Commercial Code).

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Doomtalker posted:

Why do you have patients, you are clearly not a doctor?

Because he's a SovCit too, and insists that medical licensing violates his rights granted by the 9th amendment. :tinfoil:

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Foreign sov cits are very easy to prove wrong because there's not enough of them in other countries to do the real legwork of diving into that nations laws to create magical lawyer incantations. Obviously anyone with some time to kill can run circles around an American sov cit but it's labour intensive. It's nice on Canadian forums to be able to simply point out where they've auto-replaced United States with Canada and note that most of it is irrelevant.

It'll never change their minds, but at least it saves some of the more gullible bystanders from getting sucked in.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

On another forum I go to there used to be a Dutch poster who had read everything published by the Von Mises Institute and was a dedicated libertarian (not a very smart one though). He would talk about how he hated his union at the factory he worked for and how all other workers except him were lazy.

When he dropped off the face of the earth we assumed there was a strike and he died while trying to rush over to the strikebreakers side.

Why do the Dutch practice their English with our dumbest, most ideologically toxic writings?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

i talked about this with a dutch friend, and apparently sovereign citizens are a real thing one can legally be in the netherlands. there's this arcane process where you have to advertise your pursuit of personal sovereignty in a major newspaper, write a letter explaining why you want to rescind your citizenship to the king of the netherlands, and if your reasons are accepted you're relieved of dutch citizenship and become a sovereign individual. it's mostly a way for upper middle class libertarians to get tax breaks

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

zeal posted:

i talked about this with a dutch friend, and apparently sovereign citizens are a real thing one can legally be in the netherlands. there's this arcane process where you have to advertise your pursuit of personal sovereignty in a major newspaper, write a letter explaining why you want to rescind your citizenship to the king of the netherlands, and if your reasons are accepted you're relieved of dutch citizenship and become a sovereign individual. it's mostly a way for upper middle class libertarians to get tax breaks

I can find no actual mention of this anywhere. Are you sure this isn't just renouncing Dutch citizenship?

IAMNOTADOCTOR
Sep 26, 2013

zeal posted:

I didn't ask him to elaborate as we were already way of schedule and he attempted to gain my approval of every frivolous lawsuit or conspiracy theory he mentioned. However, I've lived in the Netherlands for half my life and I'm pretty sure your friend is either an idiot or pulling your leg.

A quick Google leads to a lot of the same usa bullshit but with a different flavour: write your letters with red pen because that's the color of blood, if your name is written in caps it's actually your natural person that's being addressed etc etc, no gold fringe though.

IAMNOTADOCTOR
Sep 26, 2013

cumshitter posted:

Why do the Dutch practice their English with our dumbest, most ideologically toxic writings?

Because the Dutch are as stupid as the rest of the world but combine it with an enormous national inferiority complex. The only national pride is soccer and even that has failed them the last couple of years.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

zeal posted:

i can state unequivocally, having never looked at a single dutch law in my life and not having bothered to google this, that your friend is an idiot and wrong

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You can give up your citizenship, but you can't do it while enjoying the benefits of citizenship.

So enjoy your new country and/or dinghy in international waters.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

There was some bit coin baron who renounced his US citizenship to be a citizen of the Maldeves or some drat thing because of principles not unlike SovCit nonsense.

He wanted to visit for some conference about bit coins and couldn't get his visa approved because they thought he'd sneak back in as An Illegal. :v:

E: Here it is:
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-jesus-visa-application-denied-2015-1

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Subterfrugal posted:

You can give up your citizenship, but you can't do it while enjoying the benefits of citizenship.

So enjoy your new country and/or dinghy in international waters.

I wish this on all SovCit-style groups. If you're so pissed at government in general, go find some rock out of the country and be mighty free patriots there. Have the conviction to actually try your little utopia without forcing someone else to do the hard work and foot the bill.

What they do now is the equivalent of screaming at their parents for telling them what to do, then moving into their basement while demanding they feed and clothe them for free while you're so independent.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Geostomp posted:

I wish this on all SovCit-style groups. If you're so pissed at government in general, go find some rock out of the country and be mighty free patriots there. What they do now is the equivalent of screaming at their parents for telling them what to do, then moving into their basement while demanding they feed and clothe you for free while you're so independent.

To be fair, there's not a whole lot of land on the planet that isn't already claimed by some country.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, I just wanted to share some information I got from a unique source, with more familiarity of the issue than any of you. Go gently caress yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Otisburg posted:

There was some bit coin baron who renounced his US citizenship to be a citizen of the Maldeves or some drat thing because of principles not unlike SovCit nonsense.

He wanted to visit for some conference about bit coins and couldn't get his visa approved because they thought he'd sneak back in as An Illegal. :v:

E: Here it is:
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-jesus-visa-application-denied-2015-1

That was roger Ver. He renounced his us citizenship after he bought a passport from St. Kitts. He renounced his US citizenship because he had over 300k in back taxes. St. Kitts used to sell passports to anyone who would pay enough for them, but they got in trouble with the U.K. so now his St Kitts passport is in dubious status. He tried to apply for a visa to come to a conference. They denied it and said they can't even look at his application till his outstanding tax burden was paid. So he cut a 300k check to the IRS and tried again. The second time they denied his visa because they didn't think he would actually leave the country again once he came back in.