Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

The secret is that running is always miserable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i run with a pair of scissors for maximum badassness

beautiful day today so first paddle of the season :neckbeard:

Matoi Ryuko

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Runners just say that to keep the newbs away. :mmmhmm:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
so i went for my first kayak paddle of the year in a little pond near me that has a small island in the middle of it:

There are three campsites and the foundation of an old structure built by europeans as a hold for weapons, conveniently built over a mattakeesett spiritual shrine. the island gets trashed by kids all the time but this early in the year it wasn't bad when i took a walk around its main trail. walking up from my little "camp" i saw this guy:

a really old beach tree with amazing roots:

anyways... it was a great trip, spent a few hours on the island then paddled around for a bit and went home, maybe 3 miles total for my first trip of the year and now i'm home enjoying the post workout high.

just going to throw it out there that if there are any new england people here who want to do a canoe/kayak trip this summer i'm up for it, i usually go 3-4 times a week and its an amazing workout + nature experience that can be a one day 3-12 hour thing or an overnight on one of the islands.

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
sound like it was amazing! that nature looks lovely.

something about hiking/walking around in nature makes it so much more satisfying than working out at home or the gym

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
absolutely! a bunch of little chickadees chilled with me

alnilam

good tree, good island

Weird little islands are the best part of canoeing/kayaking

GoodbyeTurtles

I need to get my kayak out again...

Piso Mojado

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

I need to get my kayak out again...

why was it ever put up?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

why was it ever put up?

mine gets put away for the winter (i.e. stuck on two chairs in the backyard) but in my experience a kayak is either a total waste of money and never gets used or its the best purchase you ever made and its used constantly

GoodbyeTurtles

Piso Mojado posted:

why was it ever put up?

Because it's a sit on and I don't wanna get a wet rear end when the sea is like 4 degrees C

hemale in pain

kayaking is another thing i'd like to do but i really do not have enough cash to make it a real hobby. instead i just go rent one once or twice a year.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
kayak trip #2 for the year, another 3 miles

byob get in your boats and play

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
id love to do moving water fun exercise with you rich byob boat having people.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i could not replace my little boat if i lost it :(

Matoi Ryuko

3 days of forecasted thunderstorms evaporating before they hit me because of the heat!! :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deeMMjc8jSo

alnilam

Check out this cool place i slept last week

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Any advice for quick, good *high* calorie breakfast?
Eating has become a genuine chore for me... Trying to hit around 3500-4000kcalories a day and it feels freaking impossible. I know it's not but good greif Im starting to hate food.

<3 <3 Vanisher

alnilam

Huge bowl of oats with brown sug is my go to

GoodbyeTurtles

my triathlete buddy just eats like 12 wheetabix every morning its fuckin crazy as poo poo to witness

alnilam thats cool as heck, i camped at Glastonbury (at a campsite) last week and i'm really happy with my tent because i've been out in it when it's -4 out and when it's 25 and it's just always super comfortable and hella waterproof

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

Uxzuigal posted:

Eating has become a genuine chore for me...

Buy some double fiber bread, peanut butter and jelly (preferably one of those "less sugary" ones but w/e). Every morning, make two or three PB&Js. Have one between meals with a glass of milk. Otherwise, eat good and healthy stuff.

This is how coach Dan John puts mass on skinny teenagers who have trouble eating enough. Those sammiches can easily run 500+ calories each if you put a nice scoop of PB on them. Along with a glass of whole milk, you're looking at a ~750 snack.

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority
And if this doesn't work for you for reasons not involving food allergies, then that means you don't like PB&J sandwiches and who the hell doesn't love them some PB&J????????

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Shine posted:

And if this doesn't work for you for reasons not involving food allergies, then that means you don't like PB&J sandwiches and who the hell doesn't love them some PB&J????????

Mm, Peatnut butter ftw. Will try to find some of those double fiber breads around. Gonna replace jam/jelly with banana or something though probably. Three it is.
Hopefuly will help me hit 90kg. Been at 87kg since I started lifting about 10 months ago, gained quite alot of muscle, lost quite alot of fat - but Im struggling even keeping 87kg now, and I notice I lack energy because of it.

<3 <3 Vanisher

GoodbyeTurtles

Nice clean surf this morning, only about 4 feet but it was a nice first surf of the year.

I need to get a better wetsuit because the one i'm using is way too tight and not good for breathing

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Uxzuigal posted:

Mm, Peatnut butter ftw. Will try to find some of those double fiber breads around. Gonna replace jam/jelly with banana or something though probably. Three it is.
Hopefuly will help me hit 90kg. Been at 87kg since I started lifting about 10 months ago, gained quite alot of muscle, lost quite alot of fat - but Im struggling even keeping 87kg now, and I notice I lack energy because of it.

you're such a beefcake uxz

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

lmbo calrissian posted:

you're such a beefcake uxz

Far, far ,far from :p
But trying to get there :>
I've got some pictures from few years back and now though and they scare the poo poo out of me how skinny I was.

Edit:
Gotta show if I tell I supose.
2009ish
Now (Age.. 29)

<3 <3 Vanisher

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Ok ima buy some Dumbbells for the first time tomorrow cause going to the gym is honestly bullshit when u beginner and don't have a trainer/you're poor/you hate yourself

and a friend said i don't really hate working out, I'm just frustrated cause everyone else had a head start

and to listen to podcasts instead of music

FluffieDuckie

lmbo calrissian posted:

Ok ima buy some Dumbbells for the first time tomorrow cause going to the gym is honestly bullshit when u beginner and don't have a trainer/you're poor/you hate yourself

and a friend said i don't really hate working out, I'm just frustrated cause everyone else had a head start

You just have to find your thing. I tried all kinds of stuff and changed gyms before I found something that worked for me.

Just don't give up

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

dont skimp on the shrimp

:coffee:

lmbo calrissian posted:

home has a lot of distractions and much less equipment

home has less people you can ask for help or feedback

i mean, it depends a lot on what kind of goals you have and what kind of gym you're at, but i'd much rather try to find a friend to go with rather than just work out from home

hell, you can even make friends at the gym, most people will be very friendly if you try chatting them up a bit

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lmbo calrissian posted:

when i used to go the gym i had the most success going early in the morning (5am) because you pretty much have free reign over all the equipment, it's quiet like a library and the few people who are there are more than willing to help or chat

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

You just have to find your thing. I tried all kinds of stuff and changed gyms before I found something that worked for me.

Just don't give up

this x 1000.

GoodbyeTurtles

Keep going to the gym, it has far less distractions than working out at home.

Alternatively, stop going to the gym and start going to a climbing gym. It's like exercise but fun!

strangemusic

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

This is why bikes are the greatest. Everybody ride more bikes.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Home it is f**kers lol

I'll take that advice tho fluffie and turtles. I think I can advance to gym again once I have a start/ more poo poo together

lmbo calrissian fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 19, 2016

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
get a kayak

FluffieDuckie

Ok I'm going to write more because I'm on a bike right now and have a bunch of time plus I'm really kind of a born again exercise fanatic and I can't stop trying to recruit people

Here's what worked to finally get me to lift weights. I would do cardio plenty but I hated weights. I found free weights super intimidating and even the machines seemed like a big hassle.

Then I finally changed gyms to our local Ymca. They have a great program where you get 3 free 1 hour sessions with their trainers. They get you set up on the machines. They figure out what your seat settings should be and what your starting weight is. And then, this is the best part, all their equipment is set up in a fit links system. They give you a code and you enter the code at the machine and it reminds you what your seat setting should be and what your target weight is. Then they track your progress and you earn tshirts for earning certain points. It's like exercising for dummies. In addition during the day our y is mostly older people. Very few hardbody types. So the guy next to you isn't making you feel like an idiot.

So what I'm saying is if you're having trouble getting started at your gym it might be that gym isn't right for you and theres a better program out there for you.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GoodbyeTurtles

strangemusic posted:

This is why bikes are the greatest. Everybody ride more bikes.

I've never been on a run and been passed by a cyclist and not thought 'drat that guy had the right idea'

Luvcow posted:

get a kayak

Kayaking is great, I'd do it more often if the weather here was more consistent.

GoodbyeTurtles

I went climbing 5 times this week, yesterday was my second outdoor trad session this year which was good fun, despite not having the right guidebook and totally winging the routes (a bad idea). Feeling buff & I'm probably the fittest I've ever been.

If you haven't started climbing already, you really should give it a go! You'll be awful the first few times but the fun is in watching yourself improve!

Matoi Ryuko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXy3wePHYA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

FluffieDuckie posted:

Ok I'm going to write more because I'm on a bike right now and have a bunch of time plus I'm really kind of a born again exercise fanatic and I can't stop trying to recruit people

Here's what worked to finally get me to lift weights. I would do cardio plenty but I hated weights. I found free weights super intimidating and even the machines seemed like a big hassle.

Then I finally changed gyms to our local Ymca. They have a great program where you get 3 free 1 hour sessions with their trainers. They get you set up on the machines. They figure out what your seat settings should be and what your starting weight is. And then, this is the best part, all their equipment is set up in a fit links system. They give you a code and you enter the code at the machine and it reminds you what your seat setting should be and what your target weight is. Then they track your progress and you earn tshirts for earning certain points. It's like exercising for dummies. In addition during the day our y is mostly older people. Very few hardbody types. So the guy next to you isn't making you feel like an idiot.

So what I'm saying is if you're having trouble getting started at your gym it might be that gym isn't right for you and theres a better program out there for you.

what kind of tshirts are there

ty manifisto

• Locked thread