Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Syfe posted:

The correct answer is to get him to sign a copy of Masters of the Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Tim Russ pops up as a Vulcan in the second mirror universe episode of DS9, so I went to see if they actually intended for that to be Tuvok and...

I'm not sure what's funnier... Tim Russ being an emotionless sperg or Garrett Wang trying to connect with him over rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLhTEB7xM90

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The kid that played Chekov in the JJ Trek movies just died of being pinned to his mailbox by his idling car.

Someone in this thread was a huge fan if I recall.

So let us all grieve together as we list off which cast members it was that we'd prefer to have died instead.

I'll start with Whil Wheatin.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

There are no actors of trek I want to see dead. But I wouldn't complain if Berman exploded.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

shut the gently caress up

I'm sorry my joke hurts you so deeply, friend. I hope we can move past this in a more civil manner than personal attacks however.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shadow puppet of a posted:

The kid that played Chekov in the JJ Trek movies just died of being pinned to his mailbox by his idling car.

Whoa what the gently caress

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

So let us all grieve together as we list off which cast members it was that we'd prefer to have died instead.

at least learn to spell his name right before you greenlight him

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

or likely you'll have the wrong dude shanked

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Will Wheat Thin?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

oldpainless posted:

I'm sorry my joke hurts you so deeply, friend. I hope we can move past this in a more civil manner than personal attacks however.

it should have been this guy instead of chekhov

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it should have been this guy instead of chekhov

I forgive you for that just as I forgive you for your sexual objectification of women earlier in this very thread. I hope we can remain friends.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

oldpainless posted:

Good thing Rom never introduced Sisko to his other son, Nig

You need to sharpen that edge.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
For a drunken bar fight, there are only 4 wine glasses and one left full in the entire room.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Some pretty fair stuntwork going on in the background and all anybody ever notices the the fleeing bartender.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
just watched the episode of tng where picard gets trapped with wesley on a shuttle for 6 hours. Wesley asks some highly impertinent questions of his captain, why dont they bring back the lash?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i understand not liking Wheaton but let's be fair and admit that no actor could have sold the poo poo they wrote for that character during the first season

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i understand not liking Wheaton but let's be fair and admit that no actor could have sold the poo poo they wrote for that character during the first season

To be fair scifi in the 80s was really really really really poo poo.
TNG 1st season was modern in every way back then.
It blew people away.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bitter Mushroom posted:

just watched the episode of tng where picard gets trapped with wesley on a shuttle for 6 hours. Wesley asks some highly impertinent questions of his captain, why dont they bring back the lash?

in order to present its "advanced, enlightened sensibilities" image, starfleet insists that no ship may exhibit all three of the qualities from that famous saying of the Royal Navy: "rum, sodomy, and the lash"

each starship commander is therefore required to select one which is forbidden from the ship.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

starfleet insists that no ship may exhibit all three of the qualities from that famous saying of the Royal Navy: "rum, sodomy, and the lash"

Who needs any of those when you've got Dresci, Oo-mox and the pain stick.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

in order to present its "advanced, enlightened sensibilities" image, starfleet insists that no ship may exhibit all three of the qualities from that famous saying of the Royal Navy: "rum, sodomy, and the lash"

each starship commander is therefore required to select one which is forbidden from the ship.

What shame they didn't thaw out Shane McGowan instead of the alcoholic country music star.

e: so the lash has been replaced by an agonizer or is that strictly mirror universe?

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
While it's a lovely way to die, and I feel bad for his family, I can't believe the amount of people I've seen in the comments sections across the internet who seem genuinely shocked that you shouldn't leave a car in neutral with the parking brake on.

RIP That Dude, you never had a chance to live the Star Trek alumni dream: fat, balding, and living convention to convention, staring down a bottle of Jack.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I don't get why you wouldn't just put it in park :confused:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don't get why you wouldn't just put it in park :confused:

maybe it wasn't an automatic?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Mistakes happen. Not putting it on proper gear happens. It was an stupid mistake that lead to a freak accident. The Internet will obviously pass judgement on character.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 20, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

maybe it wasn't an automatic?

welp, today I learned manuals don't have a park

rip New Chekov, now Old Chekov is Sad Chekov again

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

happyhippy posted:

Of the whole TOS crew, I like Walter the best.
I wonder if he liked Babyon 5 or TOS the most.

I remember interviews with him saying how great Bester was to play as a character (and, really, you can tell how much he enjoys being that magnificent bastard in every episode he's in), particularly because everyone always knew him as NUCLEAR WESSELS Chekov kind of stuff.

So, probably B5.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Bester was a cool character, I should finish b5.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Big Mean Jerk posted:

welp, today I learned manuals don't have a park

rip New Chekov, now Old Chekov is Sad Chekov again

Holy poo poo I hope you're joking.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

It was pretty nice of Janeway to let Tuvok use the waiting room of Voyager's dentist office to film his music video.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I dunno. Season 5 lacks the goodness of seasons prior and they completely ruin Lennier in like the third last episode or something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

criscodisco posted:

Holy poo poo I hope you're joking.

I have never driven or even been in a car with a manual transmission

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Yeah, it's parking break only I believe.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The General posted:

I dunno. Season 5 lacks the goodness of seasons prior and they completely ruin Lennier in like the third last episode or something.

Yeah, Season 5 is a bit rough. You've got the poor telepath arc (but it gives great Bester episodes, so...) but the Centauri arc through to the end of the season is incredible. B5's final episode is the best of any series I've seen.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You really should!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah and you've probably driven a chariot or hot air balloon either. There's no practical reason to even make manual cars anymore.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, Season 5 is a bit rough. You've got the poor telepath arc (but it gives great Bester episodes, so...) but the Centauri arc through to the end of the season is incredible. B5's final episode is the best of any series I've seen.

You really should!

Was Harlan Ellison the only person who worked on trek to work on b5

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Was Harlan Ellison the only person who worked on trek to work on b5

Depends on what you mean. A lot of actors did - G'Kar, Lyta, General Hague, Bester...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah and you've probably driven a chariot or hot air balloon either. There's no practical reason to even make manual cars anymore.

I've been told get a stick if you live in the hood cause no one will steal it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Milky Moor posted:

Depends on what you mean. A lot of actors did - G'Kar, Lyta, General Hague, Bester...

I was thinking behind the scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hey, don't feel too bad. Even Captain Kirk had no idea how to drive a stick.