Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

fyodor posted:

M2 best value.

Definitely, but rennlist seems like such a nicer place than bmw forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Quick, what was the name of that punk rock dad movie? Wasn't it on Amazon?

e:Nevermind, found it, but I have to pay to rent it. Remind me why I pay for Amazon Prime again?

T-Square fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 19, 2016

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
gently caress LAX. That is all.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
109 outside.

85 inside.

Wife and I are going to a paint n sip just to get into some better AC. gently caress this noise.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hrmm... it's 2pm in Phoenix.. Wonder what it's like outside....

:staredog:

Please keep working A/C and power, thanks.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

Hrmm... it's 2pm in Phoenix.. Wonder what it's like outside....

:staredog:

Please keep working A/C and power, thanks.

Yeah, the whole southwest is hosed.

Twenty minutes down the road from me is 115, and I'm pretty sure El Jebus is melting

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Hahaha... Ahwatukee is melting for sure.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Locator posted:

Hahaha... Ahwatukee is melting for sure.

Even Australians would concede that's loving hot, whatever that is in real measurements

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Even Australians would concede that's loving hot, whatever that is in real measurements

It's 52.2 moon units of temperature.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm sorry we base our temperature off a scale relative to the human body instead of where water loving boils.

But yeah, socal and Arizona are hot as gently caress right now. Also on fire.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

HA HA HA IT IS 108 IM GOING TO DIE gently caress ME

(also, I'm smoking ribs for my dad because I love him AND I'm a masochist!)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm sorry we base our temperature off a scale relative to the human body instead of where water loving boils.

But yeah, socal and Arizona are hot as gently caress right now. Also on fire.

Come back to FL where the a/c is always perfect :smug:

Went to a Rays game today, 90 and raining outside but nice and cool inside Tropicana Field. Love that place.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Went to a Rays game today, 90 and raining outside but nice and cool inside Tropicana Field. Love that place.

It wouldn't be bad if the ac in this house wasn't made the same year I was.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

leica posted:

Lol get a center field home run feature you rube!

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

109 outside.

85 inside.

Wife and I are going to a paint n sip just to get into some better AC. gently caress this noise.

Car temp sensor hit 111° at 3pm in Pasadena, mercury thermometer said 106 in the shade. My dad helps organize the local PD charity car show and when I stopped by it was pretty miserable :v:

Good weather for drinking light beer and wet sanding the new global warming apocalypse-friendly hood I'm modding for the Jeep:

Happy Father's Day to you dads; an equally happy unfathers day to the rest of us!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rotten Cookies posted:

That is because station wagons are cool and good.

This is always true. Grocery getters for the win. Especially if they're the kind that have absurd powerplants lurking in them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

fyodor posted:

Lol get a center field home run feature you rube!

Have one but MLB made them put up a wall in front of it :argh:

Also we have a stingray tank in center/right :colbert:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

It's 48 degrees F outside and my cats are refusing to move from in front of the fireplace...

Enjoy being Australia for a while! Ima gonna put on another jumper and go junkyarding!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
67 in my apartment alllllll loving day.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

My voyage of doing an engine removal for the first time has come to a close. I need to have my dad send me the pictures and then I will tell more about it! I certainly learned a lot and hope to get many more years of life out of my car.

Noise Complaint posted:

I came to the realization today that everything I own is a station wagon according to Connecticut. This is not a bad thing.

Wagons own.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Paint n Sip turned into Drink and gently caress poo poo Up.

That was shockingly goddamn fun.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrOnBicycle posted:

I've never heard or beanless chili. Anyone got a recipe?

This one owns, can be made in a pressure cooker

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/11/real-texas-chili-con-carne.html

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Luckily for me, we get to tolerate sub-zero temperatures for a few months and sub-freezing temperatures for like five months every year in exchange for a mild and comfortable 95 degrees F. And a bajillion percent humidity. I don't have A/C. :suicide:

Also, watched Filmage instead of The Other F Word, didn't know it existed until today. If your name happens to be STR or MustardFacial, watch that poo poo. The Descendents have quickly become my favorite band over the last six months or so, and now I love them even more. Such a cool bunch of dudes.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yesterday I went to Costco and couldn't find the gigantic things of Crazy Person Soap, so I angrily bought a Shitload of Poptarts. I promptly forgot about those until just now. I'm excited for what tomorrow holds. I'm gonna eat pop tarts

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, the whole southwest is hosed.

Twenty minutes down the road from me is 115, and I'm pretty sure El Jebus is melting

Thankfully my wife and I bought a house last summer. Made in 2006. Well insulated and air conditioned! Only hit 119 here, too! Downright comfortable if you don't go outside... Tomorrow is supposed to be 123 and I have to leave the house multiple times...

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Safety Dance posted:

Yesterday I went to Costco and couldn't find the gigantic things of Crazy Person Soap, so I angrily bought a Shitload of Poptarts. I promptly forgot about those until just now. I'm excited for what tomorrow holds. I'm gonna eat pop tarts

Yea it's like they keep moving the Dr. Bronner's around.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

El Jebus posted:

Tomorrow is supposed to be 123 and I have to leave the house multiple times...

:stare:

Are you loving serious? Jesus.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

leica posted:

:stare:

Are you loving serious? Jesus.

Yep. https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Indio+CA+USCA0512:1:US

Driving the wife to work, walking the dog, grocery shopping, picking wife up from work...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

El Jebus posted:

Thankfully my wife and I bought a house last summer. Made in 2006. Well insulated and air conditioned! Only hit 119 here, too! Downright comfortable if you don't go outside... Tomorrow is supposed to be 123 and I have to leave the house multiple times...

That's pretty damned warm. Supposed to be cooling off slightly here after today (cooling is relative of course):

Of course the airport where those numbers come from is not typically the hottest reading in the valley. Pretty sure it only hit 118 at the airport today, and it was 122 at the closest station to my house, and 126 at that one in Ahwatukee and another one up in the NW part of the valley.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah I think 110 is my theoretical threshold of "nope, even as a dry heat gently caress that"; 120 is "soak in an ice bath" territory. Stay safe, desert goons.

Moved the big furniture pieces from my mom's to my new place. I have a bed there now! And tables! And a couch several chairs! Just need to get my shower curtain and the last of my clothes moved over; I think tonight will be my last night in the shithole, and with jackass still out of town it's not even so bad here. Internet gets activated on Tuesday so that's when I'll be living in style, only 25mbps but we'll see if I actually need more; the only online game I play is war thunder which takes surprisingly little bandwidth apparently.

Then I went and had dinner with my dad, he's in town staying at a nice hotel so we ate at the restaurant there. Had some loving tasty snapper over crab/corn risotto; it's extremely rare I eat food that nice, and it was a hell of a way to spend father's day.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
What's the opinion on EricTheCarGuy? I seem to remember him not being liked on here but don't recall why. Don't know a lot about cars to tell where he's wrong (just enough to know to look at more than one source if I'm seriously considering something).

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

That's pretty damned warm. Supposed to be cooling off slightly here after today (cooling is relative of course):

Of course the airport where those numbers come from is not typically the hottest reading in the valley. Pretty sure it only hit 118 at the airport today, and it was 122 at the closest station to my house, and 126 at that one in Ahwatukee and another one up in the NW part of the valley.

Yeah the station in my city said 109 but my own thermo outside, as well as my car and the instant read all said 118 at the highest.

And tomorrow is supposed to be hotter.

Yayyyyy.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Does your car have good a/c? Just sit in your car all day :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Not going to say which is which :v: that was a goddamn good time though.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Not going to say which is which :v: that was a goddamn good time though.

I don't think suspension bridges work like that. :spergin:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pham Nuwen posted:

I don't think suspension bridges work like that. :spergin:

Me and three other guys got yelled at for saying that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

Yeah I think 110 is my theoretical threshold of "nope, even as a dry heat gently caress that"; 120 is "soak in an ice bath" territory. Stay safe, desert goons.

I've been out cycling when shade temp was 49C (Yes, that was extremely dumb of me)... dont ask what the tarmac temp was, it was soft enough that the tyres were digging in. I didnt go far needless to say. Even then, 47C is my "You got to be loving kidding me" point.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Me and three other guys got yelled at for saying that.

Should have made it correct out of spite.

That is some funny poo poo though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

fyodor posted:

Yea it's like they keep moving the Dr. Bronner's around.

Pro choices in soap.

Apparently madness leads to soapmaking expertise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I ended up in the other Wetherspoons, kids were ravenous. Coventry was nice, good to see the museum completely open and all the exhibits I missed last year.

Then I developed a sinking tension headache on the drive home from trying not to get killed by idiots in SUVs and had to go straight to bed, that bit wasn't fun.

• Locked thread