Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Weaponized Cum posted:

Enjoy the felony charges puto

We need to deport these people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

African AIDS cum posted:

We need to deport these people

Didn't know you were anti-police

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Simone Poodoin posted:

This is great, pro click if you understand Spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99LP0juayHI

"Esta bien. Esta bien." is the new "I'm not mad, in fact I think it's funny"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Copa de oro more like cock poo dead sorrow.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Copa de oro more like cock poo dead sorrow.

Mods.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Least shocking news ever:

https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/744718179054694402

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

drat the US has no chance now

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

El Hefe posted:

drat the US has no chance now

Same as it ever was

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
USMNT should bring in Beckerman and start Johnson on the left side of midfield. Stick with Zardes and throw in another harrier on the right flank. Then play an emphatic defensive press for 60-70 minutes to attempt to exhaust the Argentines before bringing fresh "skill" subs in late to poach a goal. It's our only realistic shot, even assuming a defensive miracle.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

I'm a mod and Mexico is fail and gay in a pejorative sense

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
:troll:

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Reprisal posted:

USMNT should bring in Beckerman and start Johnson on the left side of midfield. Stick with Zardes and throw in another harrier on the right flank. Then play an emphatic defensive press for 60-70 minutes to attempt to exhaust the Argentines before bringing fresh "skill" subs in late to poach a goal. It's our only realistic shot, even assuming a defensive miracle.

Wondo/beckerman should start

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Mexico lost 7-0

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Reminder that SIETE A CERO

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Reprisal posted:

Argentina is going to win 4-0 then Klinsmann will say "Well we played them straight up even except for those 4 balls that went in."

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Mr. Mambold posted:

Argentina is going to win 4-0 then Klinsmann will say "Well we played them straight up even except for those 4 balls that went in."

Robbie Rodgers...the early years

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
As long as the score is better than 7-0 it'll be a moral victory

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
This really has been a tasty few days of soccer.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Mexico got Trumped

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Reprisal posted:

another harrier on the right flank.

This would trigger a meltdown in the Argentines, but I'm not sure we're allowed to field a plane.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Las Malvinas Es Inglaterra.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Shrapnig posted:

Las Malvinas Es Inglaterra.

Oh my God. Too bad political posters and flags aren't allowed at FIFA events.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Pook Good Mook posted:

Oh my God. Too bad political posters and flags aren't allowed at FIFA events.

yes too bad

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
In other news, the refs for USA Argentina are going to be from Paraguay and Ecuador. Countries that the US beat.

The only consolation is that reffing is always going to be against the US in this hemisphere but Jesus Christ.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Pook Good Mook posted:

reffing is always going to be against the US in this hemisphere

yes, as long as this hemisphere does not contain the United States of America then sure

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Simone Poodoin posted:

yes, as long as this hemisphere does not contain the United States of America then sure

4-0

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

In other news, the refs for USA Argentina are going to be from Paraguay and Ecuador. Countries that the US beat.

The only consolation is that reffing is always going to be against the US in this hemisphere but Jesus Christ.

refs from CONMEBOL nations might hate argentina just a bit more

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

So channel 7 here does a segment in the news called "Los 7 del 7" which is a top 7 list of the best goals in the matchday. Check out their list today: https://www.facebook.com/teleticadeportes/videos/10154301158639241/

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pook Good Mook posted:

I mean, look at the referee list. Who would you rather have?

Loustau, Bascunan, Roldan, Lamouroux, Geiger and Marrufo are all out since their teams are still alive. Yadel Martinez may also be out of the picture since Fletcher is an MLS AR, but past that he doesn't have many big matches under his belt so it's hard to justify him getting a Copa Semi final anyway.

We've already seen Zambrano and Garcia. Carrillo has already seen Argentina. In a vacuum, that's meaningless, but in a tournament with this many referees CONCACAF/CONMEBOL seems happy to keep repeat assignments away before the final. Zambrano is the Ecuadorian you reference so you'd probably not want to see him even if they

Sampaio and Fedorczuk were originally here as reserves but got a game, so they were never really in play for future games I'd imagine.

Then of the main CONCACAF guys, do you really want to see Montero or Aguilar? Montero was the referee in USA/Jamaica back in 2015 and we see Aguilar like half the time we play Mexico.

That leaves:
Vargas, who has three full international matches under his belt now.
Cunha was lucky to get one game, but after the handling in Brazil Peru there was no chance of him getting another.
Argote is from Venezuela but I guess there is some controversy about him actually being from Colombia? I don't know if that actually affects anything or not but he wasn't super great in Colombia/Costa Rica anyway.

That leaves Pitti and Lopes, and tbh I have a feeling Lopes will get the final, so really that left Pitti, a lesser CONCACAF referee. CONMEBOL wasn't realistically gonna use two CONCACAF guys on the semifinals, so I doubt he was really in play anyway.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

chaoslord posted:

Argote is from Venezuela but I guess there is some controversy about him actually being from Colombia?

I think you are confusing him with Maduro

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

chaoslord posted:

Loustau, Bascunan, Roldan, Lamouroux, Geiger and Marrufo are all out since their teams are still alive. Yadel Martinez may also be out of the picture since Fletcher is an MLS AR, but past that he doesn't have many big matches under his belt so it's hard to justify him getting a Copa Semi final anyway.

We've already seen Zambrano and Garcia. Carrillo has already seen Argentina. In a vacuum, that's meaningless, but in a tournament with this many referees CONCACAF/CONMEBOL seems happy to keep repeat assignments away before the final. Zambrano is the Ecuadorian you reference so you'd probably not want to see him even if they

Sampaio and Fedorczuk were originally here as reserves but got a game, so they were never really in play for future games I'd imagine.

Then of the main CONCACAF guys, do you really want to see Montero or Aguilar? Montero was the referee in USA/Jamaica back in 2015 and we see Aguilar like half the time we play Mexico.

That leaves:
Cunha was lucky to get one game, but after the handling in Brazil Peru there was no chance of him getting another.
Argote is from Venezuela but I guess there is some controversy about him actually being from Colombia? I don't know if that actually affects anything or not but he wasn't super great in Colombia/Costa Rica anyway.

That leaves Pitti and Lopes, and tbh I have a feeling Lopes will get the final, so really that left Pitti, a lesser CONCACAF referee. CONMEBOL wasn't realistically gonna use two CONCACAF guys on the semifinals, so I doubt he was really in play anyway.

No offense but normal people don't know referees

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

African AIDS cum posted:

I know Loustau, Roldan, Fedorczuk and Cunha from that list. I also know the fat, bald Brazilian whatever his name is.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

How can you forget about that one that looks like Dracula?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

wicka posted:

refs from CONMEBOL nations might hate argentina just a bit more

What I was thinking.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dkj posted:

What I was thinking.

That its us against the world baby :911:

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
I know all the NfL head ones, there's the lawyer, the black dude, the one who got his whole krew dispersed after loving up a ton of calls, etc.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Bobby Digital posted:

This would trigger a meltdown in the Argentines, but I'm not sure we're allowed to field a plane.

:)

chaoslord posted:

That leaves:

this is cool

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
i hope for your sake that someone pays you money as a sports journalist to follow the nuances of referees for this totally meaningful tournament

because jesus christ

what did the 4th official have for breakfast three days before the slaughter of mexico?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm going to be digging three graves tonight. One for Argentina, one for the United States, and one for my stupid rear end optimism in thinking that first grave is gonna get used.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I'm ready for it to be 9pm

• Locked thread