Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

PyroDwarf posted:

I bought a bag of these on goon reccomendation:

They said they were the best chips. They tasted like slightly spiced stale celery. Serves me right, I suppose.

I think your first mistake was buying food that includes suspicious quotation marks as part of the name

e: new page!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

That is a lot of wasabi.

Actually that is a lot of rice, too.

I generally just eat sushi as an excuse to eat wasabi.

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx

cash crab posted:

I think your first mistake was buying food that includes suspicious quotation marks as part of the name

e: new page!!

Welp, after pages of talk about chips and stuff that I would, incredibly hard, here's proper AFP.

almost horked my breakfast pizza. God, there's a reason I've stayed as far away from Taco Bell breakfasts as possible.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Samizdata posted:

I generally just eat sushi as an excuse to eat wasabi.

I find wasabi disgusting. I like spicy but it has a very unpleasant type of spice to me. The one time I went to Japan and got sushi the experience was entirely ruined for me because everything had wasabi spread under the fish or whatever on top of the rolls. Yeah I know you can order it without it but I didn't know it came on it by default.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

cbservo posted:

Welp, after pages of talk about chips and stuff that I would, incredibly hard, here's proper AFP.

almost horked my breakfast pizza. God, there's a reason I've stayed as far away from Taco Bell breakfasts as possible.

the non-gimmick taco bell breakfasts are alright IMO. i like the grilled egg & potato burrito. also its not too big and it is only $1.00.

The breakfast crunchwraps have like 900 calories, lol.

E: also their coffee is decent and there's never a line at the drive thru

theres a will theres moe has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Jun 19, 2016

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Are taco bell workers told to be weirdly peppy and talky at the drive through, or is it just something in my area? Every time I go through they're always "Hey, how are you doin' what's going on today how's your weekend blah blah blah" and I'm like "just give me my cheap rat rear end meat taco."

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Schubalts posted:

The fish (or any other meat that could be) is probably the red-orange strips, and another set of larger strips rolled into the flower shape.

Do they look photoshopped to anyone else, or is that just me?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Minarch posted:

Are taco bell workers told to be weirdly peppy and talky at the drive through, or is it just something in my area? Every time I go through they're always "Hey, how are you doin' what's going on today how's your weekend blah blah blah" and I'm like "just give me my cheap rat rear end meat taco."
If you're an extrovert and are otherwise treated as a food dispenser, every minute in food service is going to be desperately reaching out hoping someone treats you as another human being.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

I find wasabi disgusting. I like spicy but it has a very unpleasant type of spice to me. The one time I went to Japan and got sushi the experience was entirely ruined for me because everything had wasabi spread under the fish or whatever on top of the rolls. Yeah I know you can order it without it but I didn't know it came on it by default.

Welp, sorry you feel that way, although it does seem an acquired taste. Mind you, I only even eat it when eating sushi, so there's that. (Also, same goes for the pickled ginger...)

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Minarch posted:

Could be the person talking to you at the drive through menu is in a call center hundreds of miles away and has to maintain tone/friendliness/12 other metrics in order to keep their minimum wage job. Or they could just be high.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

FetusSlapper posted:

Could be the person talking to you at the drive through menu is in a call center hundreds of miles away and has to maintain tone/friendliness/12 other metrics in order to keep their minimum wage job. Or they could just be high.

That's not seriously a job, is it? How does it save them any money to have drivethru orders taken at a callcenter instead of someone at the actual place on a headset? That's like a sit-down restaurant having a call center you can text your order to to replace a waiter. Surely that costs more to the company?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Most Wasabi you'll eat is really just pureed horseradish with green dye in it.

Real wasabi is in the horseradish family but does have a notably different and IMO more pleasant flavor. I've only had it once and I wish I could remember where it was served. Maybe it was Mr Sushi in Cincinnati.

I don't mind fake Wasabi but I would recommend trying the real stuff if you ever see it, even if you dislike the familiar version.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'd rather dip my sushi in frank's red hot before any kind of wasabi, genuine or the fake version.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Murphy Brownback posted:

That's not seriously a job, is it? How does it save them any money to have drivethru orders taken at a callcenter instead of someone at the actual place on a headset? That's like a sit-down restaurant having a call center you can text your order to to replace a waiter. Surely that costs more to the company?

I'm pretty sure he was make joke :)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'd rather dip my sushi in frank's red hot before any kind of wasabi, genuine or the fake version.

I...I may try that.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Munchables posted:

I'm pretty sure he was make joke :)

I was but it actually is a job. I think it was some series like Modern Marvels on fast food where one of the big fast food places was experimenting with using call centers for drive through orders.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

FetusSlapper posted:

I was but it actually is a job. I think it was some series like Modern Marvels on fast food where one of the big fast food places was experimenting with using call centers for drive through orders.

Zoo wee mama!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

Herr's Old Bay chips are better

Your taste buds are broken.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Murphy Brownback posted:

Can I use ketchup instead?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

FetusSlapper posted:

In the Cleveland metro area, all the Pizza Hut franchises are owned by the same private company, and for a couple decades operated a call center so there was just one number you ever needed to get Pizza Hut no matter what suburb you were in. They reorganized and dropped the call center at some point because apparently paying call center employees more than the actual restaurant staff was completely insane.

I worked there in high school and it was the most amazing part time job. Its like some sort of weird reverse telemarketing where people only ever call you when they already want something, and if they are calling to complain you just got to transfer them to dedicated customer service reps. If you paid too much attention you would occasionally get depressed by somebody in the ghetto trying to coupon hack the system for cheap pizza but most of the time you would just tune out and play gameboy or do school work because taking pizza orders takes like 0 mental capability.

The worst part is it took me about five years after I quit to stop having the impulse to answer phones "Thanks for choosing Pizza Hut, this is [my name]"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

Sriracha?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Minarch posted:

Around here they always ask how I am instead of demanding my order. I tell them and ask how they are and they usually sound genuinely happy that someone asked back and isn't treating them like dirt.

Ten years of retail taught me several lessons about how to treat people in retail/service.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
The lady at my Taco Bell drive thru is named Kim and I wouldn't describe her as 'peppy' but we do remember each other and she remembers my normal order so maybe TB employees are more human than BK or McD's. Maybe TB sucks slightly less life out of 'em or something. Maybe it's just that they're not overwhelmed like the McDs drive thru people proably are.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
My sister-in-law "made" father's day dinner for her husband and humblebragged about it:

sister-in-law posted:

Dinner for Father's Day :) some corn and some barbecue riblets. Nothing too special but I think [brother-in-law] deserves a good meal

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Are riblets pre-formed boneless pork things?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Faerunner posted:

My sister-in-law "made" father's day dinner for her husband and humblebragged about it:

I think that's Hungry Man. I remember trying to pawn some off on my dog once, an animal that routinely ate cat poo poo, and she rejected it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I like the puddle of corn water that almost goes unnoticed thanks to the Instagram filter.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

An island of loose corn in a disturbingly shiny sea.

actually, it's kind of bringing back memories of those Morning Star vegetarian "ribs" that I ate when I hated myself more:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ceciltron posted:

Are riblets pre-formed boneless pork things?

Yeah, those are just ground meat patties. Most of them have a disturbingly sweet-tangy barbecue sauce taste and that's about it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Things like wings and ribs are just vessels for sauce. And they are super good and I love them.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Faerunner posted:

Riblets & niblets

If you're gonna eat that garbage at least put it on a roll and scream MCRIB IS BACK while you eat it off the floor like a animal.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

The lady at my Taco Bell drive thru is named Kim and I wouldn't describe her as 'peppy' but we do remember each other and she remembers my normal order so maybe TB employees are more human than BK or McD's. Maybe TB sucks slightly less life out of 'em or something. Maybe it's just that they're not overwhelmed like the McDs drive thru people proably are.

My local McDs drivethru is manned by either an earnest Hispanic lady or this middle-late-aged guy with a mustache who frequently tells me to "have a beautiful night".

I think anything on the franchise model is going to be as variable in its service as anything with a standardized menu can possibly be.

(In-n-Out excepted.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

New from Waffle House: The Ferocious Loogie waffle sandwich.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Things like wings and ribs are just vessels for sauce. And they are super good and I love them.

Yes but these are the Wyngz of ribs, maybe tangential to the original but thats about it

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The only thing you can do is TAKE THESE BROKEN WYNGZ.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Data Graham posted:

My local McDs drivethru is manned by either an earnest Hispanic lady or this middle-late-aged guy with a mustache who frequently tells me to "have a beautiful night".

I think anything on the franchise model is going to be as variable in its service as anything with a standardized menu can possibly be.

(In-n-Out excepted.)

When I was a teenager, the McDonald's we usually went to had someone working the drive-thru that would pretend to be a robot. Like you would pull up, something that sounded like an automated message would take your order, and when you got to the window there would be a guy with a headset on laughing his rear end off about the whole thing. It was actually pretty cool and made late-night trips through the drive-thru way more entertaining, which was a priceless commodity when we were old enough to stay out all night but too young to drink.

Still not as funny as the time my friend ordered a salad there and got a container full of sliced lemons, though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PyroDwarf posted:

Yep. It's just celery and chili powder. I don't get it. In other news, meet the latest food craze, the sushi donut!

I feel sleepy just looking at all that rice.

Bonus:

toot

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Golden Goat posted:

I feel sleepy just looking at all that rice.

Yea, may be whole 20 grams or something ridiculous like that.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
Someone posted the recipe video for this on my facebook feed.

It's "Molten Lava Lasagna".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Schubalts posted:

The fish (or any other meat that could be) is probably the red-orange strips, and another set of larger strips rolled into the flower shape.

That's bell pepper, sliced. :wtf: