Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mycophobia posted:

Having credits on every episode is kind of weird
It's cool and good, although it does spoil what you're going to encounter in a few missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The end credits are cool because you get to see a finer level of accreditation than most games, because every mission has one or two mission designers responsible. That's neat

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The end credits are cool because you get to see a finer level of accreditation than most games, because every mission has one or two mission designers responsible. That's neat
I liked it a lot. I love seeing both in-game characters and real-world people credited.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like it becau it gives the game a TV serial flavour to distinguish it from the tigther "movie" styles of the previous games

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
https://twitter.com/HIDEO__KOJIMA_/status/743440757311299584

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Every action in this game is so satisfying, even just picking stuff up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
V: Best Metal Gear?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

they're all great in different ways but V is definitely the most fun to play, which is important.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they're all great in different ways but V is definitely the most fun to play, which is important.

:yeah: I rarely make progress when I start the game because I get distracted picking up items and messing with guards...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's the most fun Metal Gear and I judge video games largely by how fun they are so..... eat it loser face.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
V has the best gameplay I think but Snake Eater is probably still the best all around.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

It's the most fun Metal Gear and I judge video games largely by how fun they are so..... eat it loser face.

lol

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

[hyped up casual who loves mgsV because its made for loving casuals] Dude this game isckest evah lmao im not even going to bother with the other games cause their graphics are traaash lmao. Plus i always die in the others games cuz You cant just Shoot loving Dudes and honestly thats all I ever wanted from a stealth game. its a huge part of why I love other sealth games like CoD as well. No stupid meaningless drivel story like mgs2 which is just pseudo-intellectual nonsense for nonsenes sake and doesnt actually mean anything. Just pure as gently caress Fun.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's the worst one, and it's still a masterpiece

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

yep

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Black Baby Goku posted:

i prefer v to iv but yeah. the first three are untouchable

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you think about the intelligence of a genius like Hideo Kojima to even make the original Metal Gear, a game of stealth, when no one else was doing this. Then in 1998 create a story so far ahead of its time, we are talking visionary level poo poo here, to predict nanomachines, the rise of PMCs and the state of the war economy, drones, censorship of data, the concept of the Patriots being drawn from reality, then tying it all together in 4 games [5 with peace walker] and then getting to V and having amazing gameplay, yes, but seeing his vision ultimately compromised due to Stupid Nip Company you realize why 5 is the most disappointing, despite still being above and beyond most other games from mere gameplay alone.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ol yeller posted:

i prefer v to iv but yeah. the first three are untouchable

I guess growing up with them, aging with the games and replaying them again and again over the years and understanding more and more of why it was truly groundbreaking and even today is far beyond what any games story goes to, 4 was an incredible conclusion to the only game series that stands tall above the rest.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
4 is severely underrated nowadays for some reason, but it's bursting at the seams with detail and gameplay, not to mention some of the most powerful scenes in gaming

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > PW

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > PW
This guy gets it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > PW

[Loads PSG-1]

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

4 is severely underrated nowadays for some reason, but it's bursting at the seams with detail and gameplay, not to mention some of the most powerful scenes in gaming

4 is for the real fans 5 is for the casuals who skip MGS cutscenes and codec calls because "theyre boring and make no sense"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Try me.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
ya 4 has a great story but parts of the game arent that fun to play. you wont get any arguments from me about kojima being the greatest genius in gaming history, tho.

honestly the entire franchise is perfect and its a shame that it ended on a note of one-sided compromise from a company that never understood the vision of its greatest worker

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
4 is hated because people don't like accepting that Solid Snake was the bad guy, and Ocelot was the hero, and they feel empty and worthless inside, which was Kojimas entire point about war in this era, but whatever Muh Shootmans Muh gameplaymans. :rant: :redass: :rant: :smugjones: :stare::stonklol::stonk: :supaburn: :toughguy: :xd: :yikes: :yum: eating Muh cereal thinking bout casuals like :gop: :gtfoycs: :lurkmore: :chloe: :crafty: :dogge: :flipoff: :flip: :how: :jerry: :nutshot: :razorback2: :razorback: :razorfront:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I just don't like act3

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Long Johnson posted:

I just don't like act3

[Shaking my drat head] Oh Long Johnson...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

4 is hated because people don't like accepting that Solid Snake was the bad guy, and Ocelot was the hero, and they feel empty and worthless inside, which was Kojimas entire point about war in this era, but whatever Muh Shootmans Muh gameplaymans. :rant: :redass: :rant: :smugjones: :stare::stonklol::stonk: :supaburn: :toughguy: :xd: :yikes: :yum: eating Muh cereal thinking bout casuals like :gop: :gtfoycs: :lurkmore: :chloe: :crafty: :dogge: :flipoff: :flip: :how: :jerry: :nutshot: :razorback2: :razorback: :razorfront:

Vcasuals would probably poo poo their diapeys and ragequit if they tried to play the old games because they cant airlift in unlimited tanks weapons ammo and dont have easymode buddies/gadgets and cant watch the cutscenes because their ADD is so bad from eating GMOs and corn sugar they cant sit still for longer than 5 minutes at a loving time.

not mad tho, actually loving laughing at how stupid all the casuals are.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Vcasuals would probably poo poo their diapeys and ragequit if they tried to play the old games because they cant airlift in unlimited tanks weapons ammo and dont have easymode buddies/gadgets and cant watch the cutscenes because their ADD is so bad from eating GMOs and corn sugar they cant sit still for longer than 5 minutes at a loving time.

not mad tho, actually loving laughing at how stupid all the casuals are.

[Does the snake/hal [[Dave and Hal [[[hah hah hah]]]] handshake I memorized from years of playing the game with you]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Colonel: The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards the development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you.

Rose: Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanely murder other humans.

Colonel: Rights of criminals are given more respect than the privacy of their victims.

Rose: Vcasuals would probably poo poo their diapeys and ragequit if they tried to play the old games because they cant airlift in unlimited tanks weapons ammo and dont have easymode buddies/gadgets and cant watch the cutscenes because their ADD is so bad from eating GMOs and corn sugar they cant sit still for longer than 5 minutes at a loving time.

Colonel: not mad tho, actually loving laughing at how stupid all the casuals are.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

4 is for the real fans 5 is for the casuals who skip MGS cutscenes and codec calls because "theyre boring and make no sense"

disagree. u can make 5 as hard as u like

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > PW
this is fine.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ocelot was definitely the hero but I don't think Snake was a bad guy.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ocelot was definitely the hero but I don't think Snake was a bad guy.

whichever snake you play in any of the games is a pawn of the bigger actors in the metal gear world.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like them all. Well except the MSX games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MGSV is like the Symphony of the Night to MGs1-4's Castlevania 1 through 4 and Peace Walker is rondo of blood.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Colonel: The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards the development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you.

Rose: Billions spent on new weapons in order to humanely murder other humans.

Colonel: Rights of criminals are given more respect than the privacy of their victims.

Rose: Vcasuals would probably poo poo their diapeys and ragequit if they tried to play the old games because they cant airlift in unlimited tanks weapons ammo and dont have easymode buddies/gadgets and cant watch the cutscenes because their ADD is so bad from eating GMOs and corn sugar they cant sit still for longer than 5 minutes at a loving time.

Colonel: not mad tho, actually loving laughing at how stupid all the casuals are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I like them all. Well except the MSX games

The msx games are fantastic. Especially 2, because it's a 2d metal gear solid

• Locked thread