Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

They can climb in your bed if you want it
They can leave your friends behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

So I don't have to worry about one falling on my head? Because I now have a phobia of that happening.

No you are completely fine. They don't like being high up if they can help it.
They have big ol' butts that give them low centers of gravity.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ryoshi posted:

There is a species of tick whose bite can give the host an allergy to meat.:gonk:

Somewhere, Chuck Palahniuk begins to write a book about devious vegan eco terrorists.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Abugadu posted:

Somewhere, Chuck Palahniuk begins to write a book about devious vegan eco terrorists.

Well... poo poo.

*deletes start of 1st draft*

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Ever seen a squirrel? Squirrels are just arboreal rats.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

oh dope posted:

Ever seen a squirrel? Squirrels are just arboreal rats.

Have you ever seen a cat? They're just small lions

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Abugadu posted:

I did some further reading and its not ALL meat, just non-primate meat. So the protagonists can be angry cannibals.

"The first rule of Dinner Club is that you don't talk about Dinner Club. The second rule of Dinner Club is that if you don't bring a friend to share, YOU'RE dinner tonight."

Practically writes itself.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm pretty sure that club is called the Donner Party

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Iron Crowned posted:

:aaaaa:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-strap-fake-dinosaur-tail-on-chickens-to-discover-how-t-rex-walked-video-9117384.html

Chickens are just evolved dinosaurs

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

On a digital HH:MM clock, the colon flashes to indicate the passage of seconds.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Dave Grohl is not looking to this guy to save him.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Excuse me while I kiss this guy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Iron Crowned posted:

small, whiny, rude lions.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

Bacon/pork/whatever tastes disgusting to me - too much salt and fat.

wrong

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FFT posted:

small, whiny, rude lions.

My feet totally exist just as chew toys for that little poo poo though

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Uh, ok. Do you have a better idea of why it tastes disgusting to me, then?

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

My curiosity with this statement is how all of pork falls into the "too fatty/salty" category. Bacon is, by definition, heavily salted, and comes from a very fatty part of the animal. But if your pork chops or pulled pork are way too salty and greasy, you just ate some very poorly prepared pork.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Maybe you just have a lousy palate.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just realized that there's more tags/data in MP3 files than IDv3v1 and IDv3v2.

This discovery was caused by realizing that while the tags for a certain song in my collection work perfectly on my computer/winamp/phone, in my car said song had quotes around the title, and had the artist as some website I've never visited.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

I just realized that there's more tags/data in MP3 files than IDv3v1 and IDv3v2.

This discovery was caused by realizing that while the tags for a certain song in my collection work perfectly on my computer/winamp/phone, in my car said song had quotes around the title, and had the artist as some website I've never visited.

The way software like iTunes, Mediamonkey, Picard, Foobar2k and maybe Winamp? screw up my mp3 database so half of the "various artist" tracks and a bunch of others feature Big Boi as cover art is a lesson to me in not coveting the pristine organization of music.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

FFT posted:

Hyperlynx posted:

wrong
1. "salt and fat" is what has always made things delicious since long long long before the advent of MSG.

2. i dunno man do you have a problem with the texture or the ethics?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

FFT posted:

1. "salt and fat" is what has always made things delicious since long long long before the advent of MSG.

2. i dunno man do you have a problem with the texture or the ethics?

Kay.

It tastes revolting to me because it is too salty and too fatty. I don't know how much clearer I can be. Different people have different tastes in food, and that's all there is to it. Sorry I don't like the same food you do. What do you care anyway?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Hyperlynx posted:

Kay.

It tastes revolting to me because it is too salty and too fatty. I don't know how much clearer I can be. Different people have different tastes in food, and that's all there is to it. Sorry I don't like the same food you do. What do you care anyway?

yeah sorry youre heck of wrong dogg

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Kay.

This guy, boy howdy!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

The way software like iTunes, Mediamonkey, Picard, Foobar2k and maybe Winamp? screw up my mp3 database so half of the "various artist" tracks and a bunch of others feature Big Boi as cover art is a lesson to me in not coveting the pristine organization of music.

It's too late for me, I like pristine tagging for my music :colbert:. I don't bother with organization (everything goes into one folder), but I like tagging things right. The only edge cases are ones like I mentioned above, where someone snuck some promotional crap in the relatively-unused bits.

For content: I played the game a ton, I've seen the symbol a ton, but I just randomly figured out an hour ago that the Black Mesa logo from Half-Life wasn't just a square inside of a circle; the right side is angled downward. I can't figure out how I didn't realize it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Here's another thing that'll blow your mind: the Lambda symbol is an arm holding a crowbar.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Hyperlynx posted:

Kay.

I hear you. I hate sweets, especially pastries. I find the thought of a doughnut disgusting. Cake is awful. Everyone always wants me to eat desserts and I can't handle it.

Bacon, however, I could eat until I vomit and then keep eating. I love salty, fatty foods.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

mostlygray posted:

I hear you. I hate sweets, especially pastries. I find the thought of a doughnut disgusting. Cake is awful. Everyone always wants me to eat desserts and I can't handle it.

Bacon, however, I could eat until I vomit and then keep eating. I love salty, fatty foods.

I love cake but I hate frosting, any frosting at all and people keep giving me poo poo for it because "That's the best part!" they say while eating it by the spoonful off their cake slices.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

Kay.

I still don't understand who is preparing your pork that it is too salty and fatty across the board. Pork loin (chops) and shoulder (pulled pork) are very lean cuts aside from a fat cap, which should be removed in the case of loin, and taken off after cooking for shoulder. You cook the shoulder with fat cap on to give the otherwise lean cut some moisture. Unlike good beef, pork is not known for its marbling (intermuscular fat). Any of your beef steaks will be much fattier than pork.

Also, pork does not come pre salted.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can't believe I just figured out how much goons care about people having differing opinions

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No you see I am a FOOD DEFENDER on the Internet because it's important that huaghluaghuaghualguagh

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I love cake but I hate frosting, any frosting at all and people keep giving me poo poo for it because "That's the best part!" they say while eating it by the spoonful off their cake slices.

Lots of people hate frosting, I always assumed its main purpose was aesthetic and edibility was a secondary concern.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish posted:

Lots of people hate frosting, I always assumed its main purpose was aesthetic and edibility was a secondary concern.

No, that's fondant

e: which, to be fair, is a type of frosting

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's difficult to describe just how little I care about food products made from pigs. I regret even mentioning it, now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I hate your favourite food.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

om nom nom posted:

I still don't understand who is preparing your pork that it is too salty and fatty across the board. Pork loin (chops) and shoulder (pulled pork) are very lean cuts aside from a fat cap, which should be removed in the case of loin, and taken off after cooking for shoulder. You cook the shoulder with fat cap on to give the otherwise lean cut some moisture. Unlike good beef, pork is not known for its marbling (intermuscular fat). Any of your beef steaks will be much fattier than pork.

Also, pork does not come pre salted.

why are you trying to convince this dude to eat you

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Hyperlynx posted:

It's difficult to describe just how little I care about food products made from pigs. I regret even mentioning it, now.

I'm the same. Bacon makes me heave. I hate the texture of the fat in my mouth, and I don't like its flavour.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roro posted:

I hate the texture of the fat in my mouth

But enough about goon oral sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

punchymcpunch posted:

I hate your favourite food.

gently caress you, now i have to eat more of it!