Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bogart posted:

You've had some bad info. The only things that really piss off Yuria are killing Anri prematurely, having your Dark Sigils removed, or attacking Yuria. Other than that, you just need to talk to Anri wherever you find them, and deny them knowledge of Horace whenever they ask.

oh, right, i was confusing it with sirris's deal. ty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Pontiff is kicking my rear end. That guy posting a video made me feel worse as for some reason my Pontiff is a lot more aggressive :smith:

Not to mention that I chose not to kill the pilgrim in the church and Anri can help me as a phantom and :smith::smith:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Bogart posted:

You've had some bad info. The only things that really piss off Yuria are killing Anri prematurely, having your Dark Sigils removed, or attacking Yuria. Other than that, you just need to talk to Anri wherever you find them, and deny them knowledge of Horace whenever they ask.

I messed it up by killing the camouflaged pilgrim in the church by Anri when looking for secret doors there, so that's possible too.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The Pontiff is kicking my rear end. That guy posting a video made me feel worse as for some reason my Pontiff is a lot more aggressive :smith:

ds3's bosses tend to get a lot more aggressive if you try to keep your distance from them, in my experience. that guy was sticking pretty close to ol' sully - are you a ranged char?

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Mzbundifund posted:

Yeah, Yharnam is incredibly good looking. I really wish I could turn off the "blood" effect that gunks up your player model in DS3, it looks really bad compared to Bloodborne's.

Isn't there an option in the menu to turn blood off?

Panty Saluter posted:

Is there a good way to deal with that stupid alligator cat? I wind up running because every hit that connects does way too much damage.

They're pretty vulnerable to bleed, carthus rouge will might make the fight significantly shorter. By far the easiest way is to be a pyromancer and smack it in the face with a great chaos fire orb/cbv, 1 orb will stun it, then you visceral attack, then it goes into another stun animation and you finish it off.

hampig fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 20, 2016

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

hampig posted:

Isn't there an option in the menu to turn blood off?

Yes, there is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pun pundit posted:

I messed it up by killing the camouflaged pilgrim in the church by Anri when looking for secret doors there, so that's possible too.

Laffo were you using a giant axe or something

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Bogart posted:

During my lord of hollows run I just told Anri about the smouldering lake and it didn't ruin poo poo. Anri was in the church later and everything progressed normally. Of course I killed Horace first.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Horace was killed by a bunch of skeletons falling on him

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

PleasingFungus posted:

ds3's bosses tend to get a lot more aggressive if you try to keep your distance from them, in my experience. that guy was sticking pretty close to ol' sully - are you a ranged char?

If you aren't going with fruity magic there is no reason to be very far from the majority of enemies, unless you need to heal. A lot of them tend to fumble hitting anything around their legs, and most of my bloodborne strategies that have carried over are about erratic rolling in those areas. The whole trick is naturally knowing when an AOE is going to be poo poo out or if the boss is like dancer who basically spins like crazy and needs a little more caution.

Also, healing - jesus christ, healing is like the bat sign going up and the enemies tend to go into hyperdrive to hit you.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Are any goons looking to farm tongues or vertebrae? I need two other people so one can host and the other two can farm. PM me to set it up.

Edit: on second thoughts I only really need one other person.

Edit2: on PC lol

DenizenKane fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 20, 2016

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

If you aren't going with fruity magic there is no reason to be very far from the majority of enemies, unless you need to heal. A lot of them tend to fumble hitting anything around their legs, and most of my bloodborne strategies that have carried over are about erratic rolling in those areas. The whole trick is naturally knowing when an AOE is going to be poo poo out or if the boss is like dancer who basically spins like crazy and needs a little more caution.

Also, healing - jesus christ, healing is like the bat sign going up and the enemies tend to go into hyperdrive to hit you.

agreed on all counts. if you can position yourself right, i've found estus useful to get enemies to get out of 'cagey reactive mode' and actually swinging at you. that's very situational, of course

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Panty Saluter posted:

Is there a good way to deal with that stupid alligator cat? I wind up running because every hit that connects does way too much damage.

Sulyvahn's beasts are the most interesting enemy type in the game.

If you just want to kill it, you can learn the timing of its attacks really well and use a relatively fast weapon to do that effectively. They're weak to bleed and also pretty weak to fire. You can keep a bit of distance and bait them into doing an electrical breath attack, which gives you plenty of time to get solid hits in. And you can also hit it in the head to put it in a ripostable animation, and after you riposte it it'll lay on its back in a weird prayer position; this is easiest to accomplish during the charge attack, but if you whiff then lol

They're also weak to camera angles. This is more easily illustrated later on than on the bridge, but you can effectively de-aggro them by just running away with the camera pointed away from the beast, and it won't attack again so long as you don't see it with the camera.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Laffo were you using a giant axe or something

I normally look for secrets with a weak weapon and got the pilgrim down to half in a single hit. You can definately mess with the quest if you wave a zweihander or something close.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bogart posted:

Man, Bloodborne looks so much better than DS3. Just Yharnam in general. Best lookin' city I've seen in a game.

it also runs at an unstable 20 fps

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Anyone else unable to connect to the server?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I invaded and popped into a world right in front of the host. I rolled at him and as my giant hammer connected with his head I realized he was in the middle of a bow. Im a monster

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

SynthOrange posted:

I invaded and popped into a world right in front of the host. I rolled at him and as my giant hammer connected with his head I realized he was in the middle of a bow. Im a monster

E-bushido dictates you jump off the profaned capital into the poison spider pits.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pomp posted:

it also runs at an unstable 20 fps

Literally never noticed FPS problems in Bloodborne. Either the game still flowed well enough that I didn't care or they managed to hide it real well somehow.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only place bloodborne gets choppy is in old yharnam by those first few fires before the bridge. idk why the framerate drops there but nowhere else

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Fire Barrel posted:

And I think I've basically given up on the ring achievement just because my blue phantom summons are laughably inconsistent, despite the fact that I'll often get swarmed by blue phantoms as an invader. The lack of sin and blue eye orbs, when taken with the dodgy auto-summoning, just makes it super tedious. Just ends up feeling like a waste of time there.

If you are on PS4, I have a character with all rings which can drop whatever you need for the achievement to pop. I know it works, because that's how I got the achievement myself. :)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Not to mention that I chose not to kill the pilgrim in the church and Anri can help me as a phantom and :smith::smith:

I find he's by far the hardest boss to evade from and heal. His attacks when you're far away are vicious and they cover ground faster than you can run, you have to dodge until he whiffs with an attack that has a long recovery period.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Trying out new costumes and only just realized the horrible pun in the Maiden set.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
yo i got invaded by this dude (first time i've played through a souls game online) and there was a full second delay between any swing and damage done. it was really obnoxious, is this pretty much par for the course?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yardbomb posted:

Literally never noticed FPS problems in Bloodborne. Either the game still flowed well enough that I didn't care or they managed to hide it real well somehow.

When I beat The One Reborn first time something freaked out and it dropped to like 5fps but other than a random glitch like that I've never really noticed it. Also I think the patch that improved loading times also has some fps tweaks.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
I'm SL125 with 40 vigor, a 40/40 quality build, using undead legion armor and my opponent was using painting guardian armor. How is it their 1h straightsword swings were doing 1/3 of my HP while my 2h exile greatsword is only doing 1/6th of their HP?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I look like dried jerky with this skin shade.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
The weirdest part of this game for me was The consumed king. I sunbro'd a few times and every time the host would hide while I basically solo'd it. So I figured I was ready to go in and do it on my own, I walk in, and he immediately jumps in the air, disappears and then reappears on the ground and I'm dead, with no animation in between. This happened like 3 times. I figured there was a different moveset if you were on your own or something. Nope, just turned out to be glitching every single time?

/Edit: Also, I never saw anyone else using the dragon stones to walk around as a crazy firebreathing, dragonclaw smashing naked motherfucker? I haven't even seen any of you guys doing it, or seen any videos with it? I'd have thought that would be everywhere, just because its weird and different looking?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Dragon mode has awful damage and you have to take off your armor which means you take a ton of extra damage too, it's about as not worth the effort as conceivably possible.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

RyokoTK posted:

Dragon mode has awful damage and you have to take off your armor which means you take a ton of extra damage too, it's about as not worth the effort as conceivably possible.

Yeah, course, but people complete this game at level 1 without getting hit, I'm surprised I've never seen anyone use it at all ever?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I've seen the occasional dragonman while sunbroing. I think you're just unlikely to see them because they suck, and people that do challenge runs typically play offline I think.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

SynthOrange posted:

Trying out new costumes and only just realized the horrible pun in the Maiden set.

I dont get it, what is the pun?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Dragon roar has some use for gimmick boss kills or Force-trolling on builds without much FP, but everything else about dragon form is garbage.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

HaB posted:

If you are on PS4, I have a character with all rings which can drop whatever you need for the achievement to pop. I know it works, because that's how I got the achievement myself. :)

Thanks for the offer! At this point, though, I'm not so sure I'm going to do it any time soon, considering I've yet to get to NG++. Might go back to the rings later, but at the moment I've resigned myself, when I do play, to just invading as a mad phantom and irritating as many players as possible.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

I dont get it, what is the pun?

Misogyny

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Azuth0667 posted:

How is it their 1h straightsword swings were doing 1/3 of my HP while my 2h exile greatsword is only doing 1/6th of their HP?

FROM decided to patch out the damage on every other weapon type to show their devotion to the almighty straight sword.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm SL125 with 40 vigor, a 40/40 quality build, using undead legion armor and my opponent was using painting guardian armor. How is it their 1h straightsword swings were doing 1/3 of my HP while my 2h exile greatsword is only doing 1/6th of their HP?

Hrm it does seem unlikely but it's not impossible. If it's not just the game being bullshit, are you using prisoner's chain? They might also have a bunch of not-obvious stuff that makes it look like they're taking less damage like being embered with max VIG+life ring+favor, or a bunch of VIT, or lloyd's shield ring.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
DS3 Level 1 chronicles: Ancient Wyvern slain, Oceiros slain, Gundyr slain, now I'm getting beat up by the Dragonslayer Armor. It's definitely going to be easier to deal with than the Dancer was, it has very dodgable attacks. But I really only have to gently caress up once, and the run to the boss from the Dancer bonfire is very tedious.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Run back from Dragon Barracks instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

RyokoTK posted:

Run back from Dragon Barracks instead.

Slightly faster, yes, but after I was killed through the fog wall by a Lothric Knight that chased me all the way to the boss, I'm not sure it's worth it.

...It is total bullshit that enemies can murder you through the boss fog wall, right? That's not just me?