Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zotix posted:

So I've only been back like 7 days and I'm trying to get my head around all of the recipes and incorporating them into my playing. How do you guys keep a stockpile of alchemy shards? It seems they are needed for a lot of things, like alching strongboxes in maps, maps themselves after t7, prismatic rings, etc. I'm going to start doing the chaos recipe tonight I think.

Also, what should I do with my poop prismatic rings that I get after alching the prismatic that I get from 3 two stone rings? Just use them in the chaos recipe?

I'd use 75+ ones and then regal recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'd focus on power progression because I made most my money pushing higher content/maps than doing recipes, especially on softcore since if you die due to poor preparation you're at most gonna lose some xp

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

I just started playing this again after like 2 years and it's so good. I'm pretty bad at it and I'm sure I have the least efficient build ever, but the world and art style is perfect.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I really loving hate the labyrinth. Let's create an arena where only about 10% of the ground is safe to stand on, and then have the boss cover that 10% in exploding poo poo that takes you from 1,300 life to 0 in less than a second on normal. Also now you need to spend an hour just getting back to him, gently caress you!

I figured level 37 would be enough to take normal labyrinth on, but nope! :mad: I don't even want to imagine what this poo poo is like in cruel and merciless.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I really loving hate the labyrinth. Let's create an arena where only about 10% of the ground is safe to stand on, and then have the boss cover that 10% in exploding poo poo that takes you from 1,300 life to 0 in less than a second on normal. Also now you need to spend an hour just getting back to him, gently caress you!

I figured level 37 would be enough to take normal labyrinth on, but nope! :mad: I don't even want to imagine what this poo poo is like in cruel and merciless.

An hour?

Go faster.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
^^^ that + don't kill everything + use a map

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Use poelab.com to help you figure out a pathway but generally speaking the exit to the next area is in the upper right. Also it'll be called X walkway or X halls or something that sounds passable. The dead ends are called enclaves or something enclosed sounding.

With that and just generally skipping packs you can get back a lot faster.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Two back to back vaal orbs:

always quality/link your yolo vaals, yall!

edit: just sold the bones of ullr for 2ex, lol

panda clue fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 20, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

killstealing posted:

I'd focus on power progression because I made most my money pushing higher content/maps

This is exactly my method too. Stick to one char and progress and you'll automatically make money.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Read this http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Izaro so you understand that he gets beefier if you don't do certain things and also, grab some movement gems like whirling blade (if you dual wield) and lightning warp.

Honestly though, don't freak out about getting normal lab done ASAP, it's not until you get the cruel version that you unlock the sexy nodes.

E - Also, the exit(s) are always far north and in some maps, always NE.

Tai fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 20, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

all the green exploding poo poo is fire damage, rest is phys, gl hf go faster

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've burned 192 silver coins today. Just selling prophecies or their rewards, I've earned 157c. I am okay with this.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

so I guess these are pretty rare huh?

all I got was 2c and a bones of ullr out of it, among other assorted trash

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
looks like a plaguemaw's offering, which is a chest you get with a prophecy (plaguemaw IV)

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah actually I believe it was tied to a prophecy

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

yeah actually I believe it was tied to a prophecy

Then it's actually rather common, unlike the normal unique strongboxes.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Obliteration wander made lvl88 yesterday and im having a (kinetic) blast.
Its gone from horribad to mediocre to good to retarded.
And I mean clinically retarded.
Like the poisonquake for casters.

In a gorge map i double-tap rmb and can run off a quicksilver charge until i have to actually have to shoot again.
Im not entirely sure how the proliferation works offscreen, i feel like i have to be in some vicinity for mobs to actually "count as being there" and get proliff´d. If i dont move i only kill my current screen +1, but when i keep moving i just keep running into lootpiles for 4-6 quicksilver seconds.

Havent done uber lab and have absolutly no intention of doing so since i loving hate the entire lab thing and wouldnt know what to do with 2 more ascendancy points anyway. Maybe if i could change them into skillpoints, but right now its a waste of time. Can you sell keys or offerings or how the shits called?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Yes and they go for about 6c so it's worth it to run the trials every time you see them pretty much.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Obliteration feels like you wave a magic wand and everything just disappears. It feels faster than my old HoA proliferator because it doesn't just clear offscreen, it chains offscreen. And it can kill stragglers. Also, it's effectively immune to reflect.

snipermonkey
Jun 30, 2010

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

so I guess these are pretty rare huh?

all I got was 2c and a bones of ullr out of it, among other assorted trash

I have gotten 5 unique strong boxes this league. Compared to when i started playing since forsaken masters I only got 3 unique strong boxes.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I decided to make a Poison-Quake Juggernaut that the one goon kept posting in this thread. Its incredibly simple and effective to start. Everything I have on it is self found and I'm clearing stuff easily while being almost invincible. Its even effective farming Uberlabs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgOhc4l43Ag

It may not be the fastest clear, but there is rarely anything to be scared of unless you forget to keep your endurance charges up or its conduits. Even then if it doesn't one shot you, your Immortal call will keep you up long enough for you to regen to full.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you guys didn't race during winterheart I assume? one of the longer ones had a fixed unique strongbox spawn in dried lake...

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?

Vasudus posted:

I've burned 192 silver coins today. Just selling prophecies or their rewards, I've earned 157c. I am okay with this.

Do you just seal the lovely prophecies or actually run them?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Pollyzoid posted:

Do you just seal the lovely prophecies or actually run them?

It depends. I seal lovely ones if they're 4 coins, I run them if they're 8. Whatever it takes to get them cleared.

I sell:

The one that gives a corrupting tempest
The 5L one
The voidheart one if I don't have any beyond maps or the beyond prophecy
Monstrous treasure

Probably a few others. I bought a bunch of coins at 7.5:1 in two batches and had my own mixed in there. Sold a voidheart, three voidheart prophecies, one jeweler's touch, few other ones. Also ended up with 3 full council sets which I'm going to run today.

Would have gotten a bunch of XP for doing all of this if I wasn't 89 at the time.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Do you have your tree somewhere or is it a generic build, findable on PoE forums?

On a unrelated manner, I wonder if this is a known bug or something which I'm doing incorrectly. Basically, I had 4 link gloves in which I had:

CWDT - Blade Vortex - Enfeeble - Curse on Hit

I was expecting that if CWDT would trigger Blade Vortex, Enfeeble would be applied on all the nearby monsters (which wasn't the case). I could remove CWDT, fire BV manually and it worked as expected, but with CWDT-triggered BV, no Enfeeble was applied. I guess that this is not too much of a problem for me now as I ripped that "unkillable" caster about an hour after I noticed the bug - but it was just bothering me.

EDIT: I just noticed that somebody replied to my bug report about this: "Skills can't be supported by two trigger gems. You have to level up the enfeeble to where it's no longer supported by the CwDT."

But I want them to be supported by two trigger gems ;(

kaaj fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 20, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
I want to share a build I came up with that I've been absolutely tearing it up with this league. I saw a bunch of builds based on Scion and Ancestral Warchief, but literally all of them just maximized DPS at the expense of being ridiculously paper thin and expensive, usually being based on Facebreakers plus Abyssus or Bringer of Rain. So, I came up with this CI version that's fairly cheap, is ridiculously tanky, and still has respectable damage.

PoEPlanner link

You get a Rime Gaze, and link Ancestral Warchief + Poison + Added Chaos Damage + Increased AoE/Added Lightning Damage. For your weapon, get a max attack speed roll Essentia Sanguinis. Both of these uniques cost less than a chaos each. For the rest of your gear, just get whatever armor + ES rares you can afford. Very few people run armor + ES builds so this gear is normally very cheap. The most expensive pieces of gear by far for this build are going to be the two Energy from Within gems you need to socket in next to the two life clusters.

Normally, Added Chaos isn't great because most weapon damage passive nodes affect physical damage only. With this build, however, all your damage nodes are generic increases and affect everything. Added Chaos adds a huge amount of base damage per hit so you want the fastest weapon possible that still does respectable DPS, and Essentia Sanguinis fits the bill despite the fact that you aren't taking advantage of ghost reaver or the block bonus. A high pDPS Jeweled Foil is even faster but 212 DEX to equip it is not trivial and you'll be spending multiple exalts for one with a good pDPS roll.

For auras, I run Anger + Discipline. Anger also adds flat base damage per hit and all your generic damage increaser nodes also multiply it. The poison double dips off all the totem damage increased nodes and the concentrated effect from the helm, as does ignite from your anger damage. I sustain power charges with Orb of Storms linked to PCoC + Curse on Hit + Temporal Chains. After that, just run whatever golem you want and whatever warcry you want. Stone + Enduring for more tank, Ice + Rallying for damage.

At level 80, I'm sitting at 13k energy shield and 4k armor, with 1200 ES regeneration per second. I'd have to gently caress up pretty badly to get killed with these stats, I can faceroll through traps and the totems still do more than enough DPS to clear entire rooms in seconds. The biggest headache by far is heavy cold damage mobs, you can avoid getting frozen yourself with flasks but the mobs will constantly freeze your totems and stop them from doing anything.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

kaaj posted:

Do you have your tree somewhere or is it a generic build, findable on PoE forums?

On a unrelated manner, I wonder if this is a known build or something which I'm doing incorrectly. Basically, I had 4 link gloves in which I had:

I was expecting that if CWDT would trigger Blade Vortex, Enfeeble would be applied on all the nearby monsters (which wasn't the case). I could remove CWDT, fire BV manually and it worked as expected, but with CWDT-triggered BV, no Enfeeble was applied. I guess that this is not too much of a problem for me now as I ripped that "unkillable" caster about an hour after I noticed the bug - but it was just bothering me.

EDIT: I just noticed that somebody replied to my bug report about this: "Skills can't be supported by two trigger gems. You have to level up the enfeeble to where it's no longer supported by the CwDT."

What they mean is that if you level up Enfeeble so that it's higher level than what CWDT is able to support, it'll no longer be ineligable for curse on hit since it's not being affected by CWDT. Curse on hit is a trigger skill, but only for the curse being triggered, not the skill triggering it. This will allow your blade vortex to apply much higher level curses than simply linking a curse with CWDT can achieve.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jun 20, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Speaking of ridiculously tanky homebrew builds, here is my low life KB Guardian running 8 auras

I'm running Anger, Wrath, triple Purity, Discipline, Determination, Clarity, and Herald of Ice, most of which are in a +2 aura gems item; I'm using both Alpha's Howl and Prism Guardian. Because I'm Guardian, I get 160% of my reserved life as base armor (base meaning modified by increased/more armor effects), which means I get a thoroughly stupid amount of free armor despite not really having any on my gear.

At level 84, I have 23600 armor with no flasks running, 5600 ES and 83/83/83/20 resists, plus a ~20k GMP KB setup with frostwall. It's definitely slower than a normal KB or Obliteration wander, but decidedly less paper!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

kaaj posted:

On a unrelated manner, I wonder if this is a known build or something which I'm doing incorrectly. Basically, I had 4 link gloves in which I had:

No, but maybe you can paste this in the offline tool or maybe the link takes you to the official site, but i dont think it would work.
Lets give it a try nonetheless, this is with lvl 88, oak/kraytin/kill and elemntalist with prolif and golems:

Expecto PatrOWNum:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ZJ9daZX_o_Tfk3j

On the 4-link:
Is your enfeeble low enough to be within the "maximum required level" of cwdt?
All ACTIVE gems need to be, supports dont matter.
On the other hand, why even BV, just make it cwdt - enfeeble and maybe inc. aoe - inc. dur?

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 20, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im not entirely sure how the proliferation works offscreen, i feel like i have to be in some vicinity for mobs to actually "count as being there"

Time only passes in a few screens worth of a radius around the player, so when you move too far away from a mob time literally stops.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Time only passes in a few screens worth of a radius around the player, so when you move too far away from a mob time literally stops.

So thats the reason why theres only 1 dead screen when i loot, but literally chasing explosions when i run.

Theres also something fishy when opening boxes.
It appears as though its a lingering effect around corpses, but when a pack dies next to a strongbox, 9/10 times i open the box and everything simply explodes without any input from my side.
Not that id complain, but still...

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

nightwisher posted:

What they mean is that if you level up Enfeeble so that it's higher level than what CWDT is able to support, it'll no longer be ineligable for curse on hit since it's not being affected by CWDT. Curse on hit is a trigger skill, but only for the curse being triggered, not the skill triggering it. This will allow your blade vortex to apply much higher level curses than simply linking a curse with CWDT can achieve.

Oh...that's quite neat and explains things a lot, I may try this again. Basically, I had double courses on my char, but didn't had enough mana to reserve auras, and Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Warlord's Mark. I thought this would be a nice substitution.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

No, but maybe you can paste this in the offline tool or maybe the link takes you to the official site, but i dont think it would work.
Lets give it a try nonetheless, this is with lvl 88, oak/kraytin/kill and elemntalist with prolif and golems:

Expecto PatrOWNum:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ZJ9daZX_o_Tfk3j

On the 4-link:
Is your enfeeble low enough to be within the "maximum required level" of cwdt?
All ACTIVE gems need to be, supports dont matter.
On the other hand, why even BV, just make it cwdt - enfeeble and maybe inc. aoe - inc. dur?

This link works great, I'll give it a proper look when I'm back home. As for your suggestion, this may had worked great too and in the end I had been planning to settle for something like this. The initial idea was that, because I wasn't planning to stand close to mobs, if I had been hit to trigger Enfeeble, I wanted an aura-like behaviour, so that every single monster on my gateway path would be hit, when I'm GTFO'ing out of there.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
In my experience temp chance is the better escape.
Hitting softer is nice, but not hitting at all is better imo.
For a lazy, poor mans version of what you planned, Asenaths touch with cwdt-bv-inc dur - inc aoe might actually work. Im not sure though, as ive never tried it.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Asenath%27s_Gentle_Touch

If youre not into those adn feeling lucky, theres several curse-on-hit corruptions on gloves.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Good call with Temp Chains - yeah, might had been a better idea to use them.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I prefer enfeeble over temp chains in a hc environment, because it just gives so many debuffs to the mob whereas temp chains only slows. If you're doing degen-damage, temp chains is better because it works both as defense and offense (it makes the degen last longer, while keeping the dps the same).

Have a look at all the poo poo enfeeble actually does, especially if you get a quality gem: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Enfeeble

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

I prefer enfeeble over temp chains in a hc environment, because it just gives so many debuffs to the mob whereas temp chains only slows. If you're doing degen-damage, temp chains is better because it works both as defense and offense (it makes the degen last longer, while keeping the dps the same).

Have a look at all the poo poo enfeeble actually does, especially if you get a quality gem: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Enfeeble

Enfeeble is great, no question there. Its why im running enfeeble+temp chains whenever i can.
But i prefer to stay out of their range via chains and get not hit at all instead of getting softer hits less often.
As melee though, i guess enfeeble wins since you have to go into range anyways.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

poelab.com If it takes you an hour to get back to him using that your build is bad or you need to up your damage somehow. Even at 38 it shouldn't take you an hour to reach him. He was also nerfed on cruel and normal.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

By Cruel hopefully your build has come online it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to kill him TBH.

I guess HC is a little different but I went in and did Norm/Cruel Lab back to back when I hit level 65 and smoked Izaro both times in under 30 seconds.

And that's just on RF Totes which I assume is not as good of a boss killer as something with direct damage dealing capability

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

I need some help with some mechanics that I don't really understand. I'm playing the Lioneye's Glare/Fall cast on crit build. I've been using Blackgleam for physical reflect maps (plus the phys to lightning gem for 100% conversion) and I was just looking at the wiki and saw that it has a prophecy upgrade. It's this one:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Signal_Fire

My question is about the new mod it gets: Gain (25 to 35)% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage. Is that a straight more multiplier to my cast on crit spells? I'm using Bladefall and Ethereal Knives. I'm not sure if that only applies to attacks, though. It doesn't say Physical Attacks so I'm assuming it'll work on the physical spells? And since it's extra instead of increased then it should just be a straight multiplier? If my crit is high enough (I'm at about 85% without a crit quiver) then would this be a straight increase? Or am I totally off base here and it just doesn't work at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, it's a straight-up more multiplier on your physical damage (before conversions) for any skill.

• Locked thread