Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lladre posted:

So your opinion is opposite of mine, that's cool.

Thousands of retards are not loving up the genitalia she was born with and arrive at even more wrong conclusions. Explain that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

CrazyLoon posted:

I gotta say, before his post I was willing to just chalk it up to an occasional shitdrizzle of this thread...but remembering all the Inforeduxes, the Seraph84s and so on of this thread, I'd say this moment of the thread really is representative of it in general.

It's like...one of those truly epic shits you take. Where you've got niiiice, satisfying lumps coming out and sticking themselves onto the bottom of the toilet...but around them the diarrhea squirts inbetween as you push out...and in the end when you're finally done, you also do a shart.

Like I said...this thread really does have all kinds of poo poo.

That's a very verbose way of stating that you're from Germany.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Pointy posted:

Lol don't hold your breath waiting for a response from the most open games developer ever!

That can only mean Chris is hard at work on another letter.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tank Boy Ken posted:

That's a very verbose way of stating that you're from Germany.

I guess us being colonized by them for a millennia does show itself sometimes, doesn't it?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

alphabettitouretti posted:

That can only mean Chris is hard at work on another letter.

Given his midnight coding sessions, hopefully he can find the time.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4oytmd/star_citizen_changes_terms_of_service_to_make_it/

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Marching Powder posted:

Thousands of retards are not loving up the genitalia she was born with and arrive at even more wrong conclusions. Explain that.

If you want to butcher your gonads, hey go for it. I will still think you're dumb.
If you want to throw money at CIG today, hey go for it. I will still think you're dumb.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

Anyone who decides to get their hooha butchered for "reasons"does not demonstrate proper decision making skills.

lol the :reddit: is coming from inside the thread

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Like I said...this thread really does have all kinds of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C3WVldeoK0

But enough about Lesnick.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I refuse to accept that SC is 'indie', or 'successful', or a 'game'.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Big publishers like Activision and EA are terrified of CIG so they bribe clickbait gaming sites no one gives a fart about?

Yes this seems likely.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
But what about the competition so wildly succesfl they couldn't even do a presentation at E3? :ohdear:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lladre posted:

Anyone who decides to get their hooha butchered for "reasons"does not demonstrate proper decision making skills.

she/he/it is a brave hero. Makes you think.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Lladre posted:

God drat it mate, you got a cool dog, you seem like a cool guy, don't go down that road.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Chin posted:

Your dead cats in cat heaven are disappointed by you being a lovely person.

I understand your reaction in a way.

The thing is, she said in one of her videos that her voice currently is not what it should be and what she expected, and she hopes that it recovers.

Was it wrong of me to make a joke about it? Possibly.

Then again we are making jokes here about both physiological and mental illnesses of people at CIG, because "they are dicks", and that somehow gives us the entitlement to make political incorrect jokes...is that the it?

As I said: I understand your reaction, and I agree that my post possibly was wrong regarding the overall context (some research after the reaction showed me that there is a difference regarding the english "tranny" and the german "trannse" which I was not aware of).

Then again I don't want to derail this thread regarding whether it is okay to make fun of an illness of a person over and over again because we perceive him to be a dick, and making fun of someone who decided to change gender and currently has a lovely voice due to an operation which might have gone wrong (we don't know).

Take me for a lovely person regarding that post as a sampling size, and I wouldn't argue with you (especially not on the internet).

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I did wonder why Batgirl always had a sore throat so at least I learned something today

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
can someone let me know when it's OK to come back to this thread? ta

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Ok, I enjoyed that, I cannot lie.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I still can't get over the fact that CIG keeps emailing me these regular "updates" - built specifically to emulate the Frontier updates on a real game that exists. There is nothing of substance in any of them - just this dogged insistence on maintaining the illusion that things are progressing.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I, for one, would love to take the Cloud Imperium Join Our Community Game Development Quiz

So would I, actually.

Seeing as I've (a) written a computer game in my bedroom and sold it to a computer game publisher, and (b) had a full time job as a computer game developer, it would be fun to get all the way to the "this project is hosed" part at the end.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Atreiden posted:

God drat it mate, you got a cool dog, you seem like a cool guy, don't go down that road.

Why not? We make fun of everything else.

Do you think trans people are especially weak for some reason and need to be shielded from ridicule?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Atreiden posted:

No worries.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dante80 posted:

Ok, I enjoyed that, I cannot lie.

:thurman:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

Nice picture of the Retaliator space bomber, a crew of 6 fearlessly defending Humanity with 5 escape pods onboard.

The captain stays.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Finally.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lets stick to making fun of stupid shitheads instead of being the stupid shitheads.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Trans people should not be ridiculed for being trans any more than gay people should be ridiculed for being gay or black people should be ridiculed for being black.

They should be ridiculed for being idiots if they are idiots, and shitlords if they are shitlords, and fucksticks if they are fucksticks, and horrible people if they are horrible people. But no one should be ridiculed for a trait which is not a negative thing.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Ben Lesnick, developer of diabetes does not have a cool dog :colbert:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CIG suport posted:

Hey there Major Tom!

No, it is not an official statement of any kind that we will be shutting down on or before that date. We have no plans of shutting down and are very excited about the future of Star Citizen. I do agree that the verbiage could be better! I will bring this up in our next Community Meeting, as the ban is not technically permanent.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Tyler Witkin
Cloud Imperium Games

CIG suport posted:

Hey there Major Tom!

:negative:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Chalks posted:

Lets stick to making fun of stupid shitheads instead of being the stupid shitheads.

The trick in that resolution is when stupid shitheads are drawn to this thread as inexorably as the sun sets in the west and rises in the east.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

spacetoaster posted:

Do you think trans people are especially weak for some reason and need to be shielded from ridicule?

Ridicule them for what they say or do, not what they are. It's very simple.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

Trans people should not be ridiculed for being trans any more than gay people should be ridiculed for being gay or black people should be ridiculed for being black.

They should be ridiculed for being idiots if they are idiots, and shitlords if they are shitlords, and fucksticks if they are fucksticks, and horrible people if they are horrible people. But no one should be ridiculed for a trait which is not a negative thing.

ACK

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

spacetoaster posted:

Why not? We make fun of everything else.

I laugh at that picture because Ben's an outrageous bigot, not because I agree with him. :shrug:

Fatkraken posted:

This^

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

hahahahaahahahah...cue all the: "It's just conspiracy-theory, all those labels and poo poo that goons photoshopped."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

alphabettitouretti posted:

Big publishers like Activision and EA are terrified of CIG so they bribe clickbait gaming sites no one gives a fart about?

Yes this seems likely.

Activision will have it's spacegame out long before SQ42 and will be busy finishing CoD: Agincourt before SC sees the light of day.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

tuo posted:

Open development

I wish this guy were shopped into every SC promo screenshot, or at least every page of the space bike booklet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chalks posted:

I happen to think batgirl is the stupidest of shitheads. And if people can make fun of Sandi's turkey neck I don't see why everyone has a freak out for making fun of batgirl's crappy voice.

Atreiden posted:

Ben Lesnick, developer of diabetes does not have a cool dog :colbert:

He has a cool collection of images though.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

I wish this guy were shopped into every SC promo screenshot, or at least every page of the space bike booklet.

This sounds like a challenge.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Actually, I somehow imagine him to be a long time Star Trek nerd, who FINALLY has a spaceship with a toilet, and can't wait to share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

spacetoaster posted:

I happen to think batgirl is the stupidest of shitheads. And if people can make fun of Sandi's turkey neck I don't see why everyone has a freak out for making fun of batgirl's crappy voice.

Largely because that's not what was made fun of.

• Locked thread