Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hazard played like hot garbage all season then found his form in time to own tottenham and assist in their collapse, so i love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oystertoadfish posted:

i twitter-know a lot of wrestling fans but i never got into it

tbh its actually getting to the point where its stupidly easy to watch this poo poo

i mean there were days where you would get this stuff on tape from the store or somehow get it from japan

now all you need to do to literally watch every single ppv wcw, ecw, or wwf/wwe did is to lay down :10bux: and you get on demand archives + live ppvs for a month

njpw is running a similar service too which makes watching poo poo from japan a ton easier

cmll and aaa from mexico run internet streams of their shows which covers most of mexico

its a good time to be a wrestling fan for companies not named tna

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Homework Explainer posted:

hazard played like hot garbage all season then found his form in time to own tottenham and assist in their collapse, so i love him

the epl's really good and fun to watch but i usually hope for the maximum number of bitter brits just because theyre funny when theyre bitter. so it's cool how leicester denied all the big teams what they feel is their birthright

my favorite soccer team is villarreal, one of my friends went there one time, so i always root for santi cazorla and the others who move on from the yellow submarine but i enjoy it when arsenal loses esp when they make like a trillion beautiful passes but cant score and some lovely team kicks them in the shins and makes wenger whiny

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i do NOT like that, op.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

sports are v important so while i regret making a powerful enemy today, i must not yield. i must speak truth to power

btw why do we all say op when we're responding to people who arent the original poster of the thread i never got that meme

edit: lol just saw ronaldo miss his pk, almost done with the sports watching for the day but ill get back at it tomorrow. i have to go outside tmw tho

hahaha goal from a header but called offside. fuckin ronaldo

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 07:50 on Jun 19, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
ronaldo yesterday was such a beautiful thing op

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

WINNINGHARD posted:

its one sided, norcal excepting SF is beautiful and full of wonderful nice people. people all over the place hate southern california for a variety of nonsense reasons.

E: it's not quite nonsense. people born and raised here expect nice things everywhere else.

For a lot of people, their first experience of southern California is LA. What's even worse, my first time in-state was flying into LA, then driving out into Orange County (past the Yorba Linda Water District, to steal the punchline from any other old-school goons), so you'll understand why I immediately wrote off that section of the state as a hellish concrete wasteland full of stripmalls and horrible people.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

in addition to looking for a soccer league i am also thinking about taking fencing classes because i want to complete my transformation into a fancy dan

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I'm stuck on an plane that has broken AC and everybody is farting send help

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Karl Barks posted:

January 2015 I was on a transatlantic flight to Paris and someone near me kept ripping wet ones every fifteen minutes or so. Coupled with the loud German girl who didn't shut up for five consecutive minutes the whole flight and a number of screaming infants, it was a living hell.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

a good metaphor for ycs imo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Al! posted:

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Al! posted:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
here is tonights WWE Money in the Bank card

card has 3 really super main event level matches

WWE world heavyweight championship match - Roman Reigns (c) vs Seth Rollins - the first singles match between these two in about 2 years. Rollins vacated the title last year after a legitimate knee injury, plus the Shield backstory, and Rollins and Reigns are world class and great performers so this should be a blow away match
John Cena vs AJ Styles - This is a dream match that's been 10 years in the making. Both guys are easily Top 10 in the world, and its a matchup that is Mr. WWE vs. Mr. Not-WWE
Money in the Bank ladder match - Dean Ambrose vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho - For those who don't know what MITB is, its a guaranteed title shot that the winner can cash in at any time. This is going to be a great 6 man ladder match, everyone involved is particularly very good to great and we'll add to the growing collection of Owens/Zayn ladder match gifs

The undercard is a bit eh, but it should be alright:
WWE Tag Title Match - New Day vs Vaudevillains vs Enzo & Cass vs The Club - Should be good if they give them 12 or 13 minutes
US Title match - Rusev vs Tidus O'Neill - The Bulgarian Brute looks to continue his anti-imperialist crusade against the Dad of the Year on Father's Day

Women's Tag Match - Dana Brooke/Charlotte vs Becky Lynch/Natalya :shrug:
Apollo Crews vs Sheamus - Will Apollo Crews beat Sheamus. Will he actually pull off the full Uhaa Combination now that he's on PPV?
Baron Corbin vs Dolph Ziggler - :shrug:

There will be 2 more matches on the preshow
Lucha Dragons vs The Dudleys
Golden Truth vs Breezango -
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/744253417011326976

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

finally catching up to copa america

lol @ mexico

most hispanic soccer fans i knew in dc/va, where there's a much larger central/south american presence than most parts of the country, hated mexico's team. a peruvian once told me mexicans are the americans of latin america

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Al! posted:

That's too good to pass up, come to think about it.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

oystertoadfish posted:

finally catching up to copa america

lol @ mexico

:agreed:

Seems like none of them, i assume, are good people

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

For a lot of people, their first experience of southern California is LA. What's even worse, my first time in-state was flying into LA, then driving out into Orange County (past the Yorba Linda Water District, to steal the punchline from any other old-school goons), so you'll understand why I immediately wrote off that section of the state as a hellish concrete wasteland full of stripmalls and horrible people.

you bring up a good point. the area along the county line looks like a war zone, especially if youre driving on I-5.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
That Package Piledriver on the ladders is still the :eyepop:est drat thing. Coworkers were asking who he was when he signed, so I sent that along.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

:agreed:

Seems like none of them, i assume, are good people

they arent sending us their best

they arents ending you

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
someone has their wood stove on and it smells really good and i am jealous ;_;

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

[also lmao A+ thread title]

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Classic Comrade posted:

someone has their wood stove on and it smells really good and i am jealous ;_;

Your house is on fire.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i made it home safe. liking the thread title

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Your house is on fire.

ya im posting from the grave now actually

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The face of a man who defeated America's mega dad of the year ON Father's Day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
same

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

exploding mummy posted:

The face of a man who defeated America's mega dad of the year ON Father's Day

tfw you are on a low carb diet and all you want is a burrito

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

If it's a put-on, someone called Civilized Fishbot taking fishmech to task for not being polite enough in the GE thread is possibly the greatest bit of forums performance art I have seen in some time.

If it's real, it's even funnier.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

At the vet with four new kittens. Why is this forum so dead and gay?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Cephalocidal posted:

At the vet with four new kittens.

We just got one new kitten, about 6 months old, and I don't think I've ever seen a cat adjust to a new home as quickly and smoothly as he has. We'll see how that holds up when it comes time for his vet visit, but so far he is the chillest little guy.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

docbeard posted:

We just got one new kitten, about 6 months old, and I don't think I've ever seen a cat adjust to a new home as quickly and smoothly as he has. We'll see how that holds up when it comes time for his vet visit, but so far he is the chillest little guy.

Yeah, I feel like I've burned all my luck on well-adjusted cats. These four and their mother under quarantine, then the nine in gen-pop. I feel like I live in a cat cafe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dp1Ci1yQw

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Cats seem chill but I'm super allergic and taking pills everyday just to have one doesn't seem like fun

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

Cats seem chill but I'm super allergic and taking pills everyday just to have one doesn't seem like fun

I am allergic to cats! Or was. Over-exposure can sometimes "fix" an allergy, if it doesn't kill you first.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

ya, same

except outdoor cats are mostly fine? as long as i don't snuggle them or anything. just pet them. and then wash my hands immediately after.

it sucks cause they're so cute. especially norwegian forest cats, those things are the snuggliest cats ever :smith:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zen death robot posted:

Since this subforum isn't supposed to be strictly about the elections anymore, anyone got ideas for a better subforum name?

something like... laissez's faire? just spitballin here

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Weltanschauung Sucks

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Since this subforum isn't supposed to be strictly about the elections anymore, anyone got ideas for a better subforum name?

How about a play on debate & discussion like berate & bad russians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Your Cause Sucks

• Locked thread