Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Endie posted:

Ffs Plato made up Atlantis with perhaps slight ecboes of thera and the collapse of minoan Crete. It having been in Bolivia is a pretty long way from being the "least insane theory" sorry if that is mundane.

Thomas More's Utopia doesn't exist and Narnia wasn't originally situated just outside Flint, Michigan. Hopefully that has it covered but if anyone wants the bad news on how they can book flights to Kings Landing then send them to me.

Innsmouth is real though right? Let me at least keep my fantasy world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Endie posted:

Ffs Plato made up Atlantis with perhaps slight ecboes of thera and the collapse of minoan Crete. It having been in Bolivia is a pretty long way from being the "least insane theory" sorry if that is mundane.

No but see it ~makes you think~. Also how did they know about the Amazons if they hadn't seen the Amazon rainforest, huh buddy? :colbert:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

i made my own list i hope you enjoy

syndic thrass: best poster and very space important

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Massasoit posted:

What are the fighter changes?
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=484374

quote:

Carriers & Fighters
Long Range Heavy Fighters (Ametat, Termite, Antaeus, Gungnir) bomb ability now correctly scales with squadron size.
Warp Scramblers now stop Fighter MWDs and MJDs mid-cycle.
Networked Sensor Array bonus to Scan Resolution now has a stacking penalty with sensor boosters.
Networked Sensor Array bonus to Scan Resolution reduced to 500% (from 900%)
Networked Sensor Array no longer gives a bonus to number of locked targets.
Networked Sensor Array sensor strength bonuses now also apply to the Carrier's fighter squadrons.
Fighters now have orbit ranges more appropriate to their weapons system (you can see this in Show Info)
General Light Fighters (Templar, Dragonfly, Firbolg, Einherji) have had their basic attack application stats increased and their heavy rocket salvo application & damage stats decreased:
Basic Attack - Explosion Radius (lower is better): 160 (-80)
Basic Attack - Explosion Velocity (higher is better): 150 (+30)
Heavy Rocket Salvo - Explosion Radius (lower is better): 350 (+250)
Heavy Rocket Salvo - Explosion Velocity (higher is better): 100 (-20)
Heavy Rocket Salvo - Speed: 14 seconds (-4)
Heavy Rocket Salvo - Damage (Average): 146 (-94)
Heavy Rocket Salvo - Charges: 12 (+4)
Heavy Rocket Salvo - Reload Time: 4 seconds (-2)

* All stats per fighter, before skills/mods.

Morris posted:

Aren't they also boosting the sensor strengths of fighters, or did they drop that? Previously the "counter" was "lol bring a ton of griffins" so it sounds more like they're taking with one hand but giving with the other.
Yes, as above. Now T2 light fighters will have 10.5 sensor strength and T2 support fighters will have 12, so the ECM solution has gone from "bring one rook/falcon/kitsune per hostile carrier" to "bring one rook/falcon/kitsune per hostile carrier and also an infolink tengu for your fleet". However, with carriers losing the "lol, delete this subcap" button, you can get by just fine with a couple of logi instead, which are probably more useful.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I still can't understand how they let that ship. I mean I understand :ccp: and all, but surely that must have come up under internal testing. Did nobody have the sense to come forward and put a stop to it?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

LemonDrizzle posted:

Yes, as above. Now T2 light fighters will have 10.5 sensor strength and T2 support fighters will have 12, so the ECM solution has gone from "bring one rook/falcon/kitsune per hostile carrier" to "bring one rook/falcon/kitsune per hostile carrier and also an infolink tengu for your fleet". However, with carriers losing the "lol, delete this subcap" button, you can get by just fine with a couple of logi instead, which are probably more useful.

Fighters are still really good, especially for small gang support. Having a few combat carriers around is a really good force multiplier now.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LemonDrizzle posted:

griffins still jam the poo poo out of fighters

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Happy Dolphin posted:

I kinda expected just a tiny bit more mutual respect from the people I had spent 2 years in a jabber channel with, talking to almost daily.

:munch: Sorry to see you go, let me know when you burn out a bit more.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

goninzo posted:

:munch: Sorry to see you go, let me know when you burn out a bit more.

:same:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

would you ever list it on your CV? Like "volunteer treasurer/financial director for hobby interest group with over 9.000 members" or something like that?

Legal field isn't too keen on odd hobbies so no, especially since I can now point to work stuff I've done with those skills instead. If I was in another field I might, but law firms (a) don't like you to have hobbies you might want to do instead of work all the time and (b) don't really like anything that seems odd since marketing lawyers is so much about prestige and reputation. Plus I've been working long enough I have plenty of work stuff I can fill it with - if I was just graduating from college or the like, then it would make more sense since I'd then need to beef it up from summer jobs and other space-filling stuff.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 20, 2016

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Syndic, I'll see you when Am0k passes the spy test into PL.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Syndic Thrass posted:

syndic thrass: best poster and very space important

more like syndic badass

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
as in you're bad

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I used to pay my plex alphaing untanked industrials on the jita in gates before you could set desto to stations with arty apocalypse because they insured really well. That was a cool and good thing I did once

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

evilweasel posted:

Legal field isn't too keen on odd hobbies so no, especially since I can now point to work stuff I've done with those skills instead. If I was in another field I might, but law firms (a) don't like you to have hobbies you might want to do instead of work all the time and (b) don't really like anything that seems odd since marketing lawyers is so much about prestige and reputation. Plus I've been working long enough I have plenty of work stuff I can fill it with - if I was just graduating from college or the like, then it would make more sense since I'd then need to beef it up from summer jobs and other space-filling stuff.

It would be more appealing if you applied for a house counsel job, depending. They are pretty wary of law-bots, because they assume you'll leave and open your own firm or get sniped by a Big Law firm.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

evilweasel posted:

still am, yep, which remains one of the most bizarre hobbies i could have imagined having in my life

i've had to lie when asked at work how I got so good at spreadsheets

Yeah lawyers traditionally suck at excel so it's proof you're into something weird and unusual, which as you note is bad for a legal career, unless, perhaps, you got into video game law.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Youtuber (Salastil)- Old GoonFleet ISRAD guy. ISRAD is now in PL.

Unfunny Poster (Tallardar)- Former GSFs graduated Waffles (SniggWaffe) and commited crimes against PL culture by graduating to HABIT.

Viva Miriya (Mandozer)- Former everywhere. Currently an on-again, off-again ISRAD member. Holds record for number of times 'going gently caress goons'.

Foehammer is Foehammer, and he's in BAT.

Penif posts occasionally but I forget his SA name.

theres also jeffraider with the insane 2001 regdate but he only posts here once a year, no upvotes in it

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

theres also jeffraider with the insane 2001 regdate but he only posts here once a year, no upvotes in it

yes because he really regd when he was, like, 12

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

VideoGames posted:

Kismesus is another currently active player. I think in SNIGG. He gave me a ton of advice in game which was seriously awesome.

Just be careful you don't confuse Kismesus and Kismeteer, two different dudes. Cause Kismeteer is one who gave you a ton of advice in game. :v: (Currently in Bat Country, part of PL)

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

evilweasel posted:

still am, yep, which remains one of the most bizarre hobbies i could have imagined having in my life

i've had to lie when asked at work how I got so good at spreadsheets

What got you into it?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elsa posted:

yes because he really regd when he was, like, 12

shut up frozenpussy make me some scantily clad anime babes

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

Jeff sounds like he's 20, and 2001 was 15 years ago. what.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
and which anime babe would you like.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yeah lawyers traditionally suck at excel so it's proof you're into something weird and unusual, which as you note is bad for a legal career, unless, perhaps, you got into video game law.

on the other hand being the maintainer of the excel sheet that is dark magic to everyone else, as someone noted, is fantastic job security, most lawyer spreadsheets involve people typing in the numbers, then pulling out a calculator to add those numbers up and type the total in the 'total' box :cripes:

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

evilweasel posted:

on the other hand being the maintainer of the excel sheet that is dark magic to everyone else, as someone noted, is fantastic job security, most lawyer spreadsheets involve people typing in the numbers, then pulling out a calculator to add those numbers up and type the total in the 'total' box :cripes:

We have other GSOL people who have gotten legit raises off their spreadsheet prowess, because we forced them to use them, pre-RC.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

goninzo posted:

Syndic, I'll see you when Am0k passes the spy test into PL.

Won't happen. Someone's entire income stream since the war started was to repeatedly sell amok to various alliances and "betray the goons".

Anyone who has a non goon corp in GSF that didn't do this missed out.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

I used to pay my plex alphaing untanked industrials on the jita in gates before you could set desto to stations with arty apocalypse because they insured really well. That was a cool and good thing I did once

so the last good thing you did was like (at least) three years ago?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

evilweasel posted:

Your firm must not do a lot with ESI. Or any IP.

Those guys scare the poo poo out of me.

:sweatdrop: When an applicant asks what IDE the firm uses...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Divine Blob posted:

What got you into it?

Some of the people I played alpha centuari play by email games with on SA were into eve and got me into EVE generally. Once in, just a little spreadsheeting at first to figure out some production thing, it's no big deal, everyone is doing it, then running a reactor farm and needing to work out how much money I was making since nobody else in goonfleet really used the model I was using (the initial "set up a giant farm in a system a JF delivery service runs to" reactor farm), and then sure enough soon it's a full blown addiction and I'm working out the derived prices of all of the p4s that were getting introduced based on the existing prices and discovering the massive mispricing of guidance systems and collecting hundreds of billions of isk.

I became CFO after the delve collapse and it's been interesting since it's a lot of just figuring out what's going on everywhere in eve which is what I find really interesting. A lot of the patch speculation aryth, querns, and other finance people and I do dovetails into it nicely - we try to make sure the alliance is positioned to weather expected changes in how moneymaking works and the like. It's fun to puzzle out, and it's mostly from jabber puzzling stuff out instead of in-game so I can do it from wherever, whenever.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

goninzo posted:

Just be careful you don't confuse Kismesus and Kismeteer, two different dudes. Cause Kismeteer is one who gave you a ton of advice in game. :v: (Currently in Bat Country, part of PL)

you're both k names that got kicked for throwing a temper tantrum so there isn't that much of a need to differentiate

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

evilweasel posted:

That's how it's been done, why change the precedent. Too much risk.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

goninzo posted:

Damnit! I meant Kismeteer!

See how bad I am at this.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

evilweasel posted:

If I was in another field I might, but law firms (a) don't like you to have hobbies you might want to do instead of work all the time and (b) don't really like anything that seems odd since marketing lawyers is so much about prestige and reputation.

Bad news, the investment world loves excel power users but is otherwise exactly the same.

Syndic Thrass posted:

I love hearing about how weird some of the old ship setups were. Like the Osprey used to be a mining boat right?

I had a trial account for 2 weeks back in 2003 but got turbo bored and didn't touch the game for 14 years, wish I could get that character back. I'm really curious as to what was in his inventory and how much unallocated SP I would have.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

evilweasel posted:

Some of the people I played alpha centuari play by email games with on SA were into eve and got me into EVE generally. Once in, just a little spreadsheeting at first to figure out some production thing, it's no big deal, everyone is doing it, then running a reactor farm and needing to work out how much money I was making since nobody else in goonfleet really used the model I was using (the initial "set up a giant farm in a system a JF delivery service runs to" reactor farm), and then sure enough soon it's a full blown addiction and I'm working out the derived prices of all of the p4s that were getting introduced based on the existing prices and discovering the massive mispricing of guidance systems and collecting hundreds of billions of isk.

I became CFO after the delve collapse and it's been interesting since it's a lot of just figuring out what's going on everywhere in eve which is what I find really interesting. A lot of the patch speculation aryth, querns, and other finance people and I do dovetails into it nicely - we try to make sure the alliance is positioned to weather expected changes in how moneymaking works and the like. It's fun to puzzle out, and it's mostly from jabber puzzling stuff out instead of in-game so I can do it from wherever, whenever.

Wow that sounds really interesting, I'm a finance student and I feel like learning to use Excel could potentially help me in both the future and on EVE.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elsa posted:

and which anime babe would you like.

Takao or Haruna from http://www.crunchyroll.com/arpeggio-of-blue-steel

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

evilweasel posted:

did you become a remedial-variety lawyer, or a respectable one?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

you're both k names that got kicked for throwing a temper tantrum so there isn't that much of a need to differentiate

nah, Kim got tossed because someone else three a tantrum

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Orange Red Bull posted:

he just made us a schoolgirl Mittani

what more could you possibly ask for

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Won't happen. Someone's entire income stream since the war started was to repeatedly sell amok to various alliances and "betray the goons".

Anyone who has a non goon corp in GSF that didn't do this missed out.

Im surprised nobody has scammed 1ronbank and the iwantisk flunkies like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

I used to want to join PL but god drat there are a lot of ex test types that are annoying as gently caress.

You don't actually have to talk to them, corps are the social circles in PL, so you mainly just talk and what not in what corp IRC you're in- that being said you can also apply to other corps user groups as well.

Dalael posted:

Don't underestimate how bad I am at this game. I'm sure there's a point where Grath would yell out, "Screw you, that was the last super we reimburse you!"

I don't think SNIGG would be a good fit for you; but hey- if you can't actually figure out how to fit a svipul, nor can you be hosed to copypasta a fit from zkill you can probably get into RKK (or DYS0N).

Bonus points if you think an Erebus should have 3 loving nanofibers.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 20, 2016

• Locked thread