Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Disco Doplan cheating on LAN, this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Disco Doplan cheating on LAN, this owns

disco doplan is a hacker and should be vac'd like the scrub he is

this info is straight of le reddit and completely true

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Now watch them completely choke against NiP

Smithereens posted:

this info is straight of le reddit and completely true

as true as the yee_lmao hackusations that the gullible reddit retards all fell for

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 19, 2016

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

are the eu dm servers being poo poo for anyone else?

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

triiger bot doplan

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

Now watch them completely choke against NiP

They're up 6-2.

If NIP loses this I don't know if I can keep watching them play. It's like seeing an Alzheimer patient slowly degrade...

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Change your HLTV password. And if you're using the same password for anything else, join the 21st century and get a password manager.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Enjoyed my good game of the month before i invariably and irreversively start drawing the outlines of my enemies against the wall like a tex avery cartoon

stump collector
May 28, 2007
GTR is nuts

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I can't wait to get to Prime again. Tried two comp matches today, at Silver two. First match was with a bunch of preteens who were all like "whatever, I don't care. I'm not even trying." I inquired if they would actually try only to be met with harassment. Like dude, go play casual if you want to eat a burrito while you play so you don't go afk every two minutes. Also your attitude sucks.

Second match was right after the first except I took dust 2 off the selection HOPING it would prevent more preteen madness. Nope. Same poo poo, same gives a gently caress attitude. I quit in the 4th round, I was not gonna go through that again.

However, I noticed I have improved since playing the few times with goons on goon server. I get my rear end kicked but I learn, I apply, and it's shown in match making games. I was able to hold my own 2 vs. 6 in a casual match this morning because no one wanted to play CT on Italy. I laughed a bit when I killed three of them in a deagle clip and spent the rest of the round humping their corpses until the remaining dude shot me in the back of the head.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The fun thing about having other accounts is if you soloqueue and get dipshits you can just say gently caress it I'll play on the other.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I'm pretty happy with prime so far, in the three games I've played my team lost a total of 8 rounds, with two 16-2 wins in a row :v:

LochNessMonster posted:

They're up 6-2.

If NIP loses this I don't know if I can keep watching them play. It's like seeing an Alzheimer patient slowly degrade...

Relax, NiP only disappoints you when it matters most.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 19, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Enjoyed my good game of the month before i invariably and irreversively start drawing the outlines of my enemies against the wall like a tex avery cartoon

https://youtu.be/gADoZu2Ld_s

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Started MM again this weekend because of Prime. Got re-ranked at silver 3, and just now managed to claw my way to gold nova 1. I know its not much but I am :unsmith:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Good match between Astralis and NiP atm, some ridiculous rounds on overpass

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What are nip permabanning these days then?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Started MM again this weekend because of Prime. Got re-ranked at silver 3, and just now managed to claw my way to gold nova 1. I know its not much but I am :unsmith:

I feel you. I hate my current rank because I don't feel it's indicative of my skill, however, I know that there's also some truth to it because I really only play MM in competitive due to lack of friends/skill level. It's a team effort and it's a drat shame when your team doesn't listen, doesn't care or doesn't aim. There are some matches where I get destroyed like 16-4 but still go even at least. I even got a 4 kill + defuse the other day which made me giggle as the last guy alive. Teams that filter in 1 by 1 blows my mind. I always try to go in with a friend.

I think the hardest part for me is using weapons Im not used to using. I used to LOvE the Famas and Galil. I can still use the Galil effectively but the FAMAS sees me die more oft than not unless I burst from long range. I can kill with the UMP and P90, everything else is hopeless. I'm just getting into AWP usage in casual but not confident enough to bring it to comp. I'll lose most 1 on 1s against another AWP but can hold down an area ok.

Some days I do better with the AK but can't hit poo poo with my M4-S, other days it's reversed. Same with SG and AUG.

One of the bits that actually really helped my aim was stopping by pressing shift instead of just letting up off the key by itself. I started to hit a lot more after that.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
If you're uncomfortable with the main rifles, don't stretch yourself so thin with using all those weapons. Forget about the Famas and galil outside of desperation buys and focus on getting good with the M4 (of your choice) and the AK.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
-pyth
+doplan

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

-friberg
+doplan

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

If you're uncomfortable with the main rifles, don't stretch yourself so thin with using all those weapons. Forget about the Famas and galil outside of desperation buys and focus on getting good with the M4 (of your choice) and the AK.

This is pretty much what I do now. I used to use FAMAS/Galil a lot more in 1.6, some in source and tried it in GO but fell on my face. I have definitely stuck to the AK and the M4-S (I like the recoil better, and little sound helps when I'm lurking). I really only get an AUG/SG when I have butt loads of money and no one needs a gun. Same with the other two, except it's when a SMG won't cut it and I have no money.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hope Doplan finds a good home that's not whoever Epsilon is. He is fun to watch.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
You could replace both Friberg and Pyth with some of the upcoming tier2 swedish talent and come out alright

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

this game is good

https://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs

both teams pulling out some magic

i dont even remember who it was but that 1v2 deagle flick made gasp in real life

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
That was a great match! go fukken ninjas

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah this, if you can't hit heads then you will die using the famas and galil and those guns will help teach you to hit heads.

I almost always top the scoreboard and get accused of cheating so I suspect I will end up mid-nova's, I don't think I am exceptionally great at this game but I do feel like it ranked me way way too low, currently I have played 11 games since the re-rank, won 9 of them, and tied 1. Oddly the tie was when I leveled to nova 1.

Prime match making still continues to be super fun and a much better experience IMO.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NiP are you ok?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

prime so far has been about the same as normal matchmaking, although I haven't run into any super blatant hackers, 1 suspicious person but I wouldn't definitively say he was hacking, could have just been my turn to get owned by the timing gods.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

Relax, NiP only disappoints you when it matters most.

I'm right on time to see them lose the final vs Immortals I guess. Too bad I couldn't watch the Astralos game.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Get_right the Swedish stewage, confirmed

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

mcvey posted:

-pyth
+delpan

stump collector
May 28, 2007
in the final round, immortals turned a 5v5 into a 5v2 in about 2 seconds as soon as they entered mid and A sites

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
The only consolation I can find is that Astralis would have choked in the finals too.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

nobody is better at beating on teams that aren't t1 than astralis

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Cancelled out by the fact that no-one is better at choking during finals

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

exethan posted:

in the final round, immortals turned a 5v5 into a 5v2 in about 2 seconds as soon as they entered mid and A sites

nip is looking great in terms of individual performances, but their teamplay is pathetic compared to immortals. just keep seeing Forest/Friberg/Get_Right take down 2 players, only to die, and have the rest of their team picked off in 1v1's.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Get_right what the fuckkkkkkk

His performance these two maps has just been awful

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

NIP getting loving stomped right now, I think the Brazilians sabotaged the AC.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

Get_right what the fuckkkkkkk

His performance these two maps has just been awful

He had a 0.64 kdr...

Not sure what's going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012