Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

How about 34 pineapples and assorted level 4 materia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Elentor posted:

If anyone's interested, I'm selling my plot. It's a beachfront medium house in The Mist. Selling for 30m, which is incredibly cheap compared to how much people are flipping these for.

Enjoy your ban.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

Enjoy your ban.

Has anyone ever been banned for that?

Not that Square would care, but I'm just interested in covering my costs (plot+house+deco) and hopefully selling to someone who'll make more use of it than me. People are flipping those medium houses for 100m+.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yoshi-P recently said that selling houses in general "Is a no go", at least according to the FFXIV reddit.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Why would they do that? To avoid having to deal with plot scams?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's because of the people who actively grab plots on multiple alts to resell them for absurd prices. Apparently there's a guy on Excalibur with 32 plots.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah. I was hearing stories about 50m gil small goblet houses being flipped hours after the new wards being released.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What is a terrible color to dye your roof in Mist because gently caress the home owners association

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Lime Green never disappoints, but very bright reds also works. Also, metallic pink.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can't dye house stuff (not even furniture) as metallic colors, sadly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Elentor posted:

I think it's because of the people who actively grab plots on multiple alts to resell them for absurd prices. Apparently there's a guy on Excalibur with 32 plots.

gently caress that guy.

Ignimbrite posted:

Yeah. I was hearing stories about 50m gil small goblet houses being flipped hours after the new wards being released.

gently caress those people.

It's because of poo poo like that I get random people harassing me when I go gardening.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
During the E3 live letter, Yoshi-P flat-out said to report people selling plots.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sounds about as bannable as using dps parsers.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xenoveritas posted:

During the E3 live letter, Yoshi-P flat-out said to report people selling plots.

Honeypot someone into selling you a plot, report them, get the plot in 45 days for free!!

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Posting here, because I'm probably a giant baby who can't read.

How do you get the Fat Chocobo Mount? I couldn't find any information on Amazon or Mog Central or whatever they call their store.

I just got my regular mount and I feel that it's not representing my inner hambeast enough.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

(Yellow) Fat Chocobo is available from the Digital Collector's edition, you can upgrade from Mogstation (log in and click 'Additional Services'). Original Fat Chocobo (White) is available to NA accounts from the Amazon DLC campaign (buy $20 or more of qualifying Games items).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's another fat chocobo mount obtainable from an achievement that requires a literal fuckton of commendations. I can't remember if it's 3000 or 4000, but I've been playing for a year now primarily as a tank and healer, and I've barely cracked 1000.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Truga posted:

THM quests were hilarious for me for exactly that reason. There's a bunch of children running around having children adventures, but it's all taken super seriously, with a literal armageddon and whatever, and it just kept cracking me up. Someone was taking a super piss writing that I think.

Brother 1: Remember, DON'T DRINK THE DEMON
Brother 2: I DRANK THE DEMON

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Niton posted:

Brother 1: Remember, DON'T DRINK THE DEMON
Brother 2: I DRANK THE DEMON

Almost Shakespearean in nature.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

seiferguy posted:

There's another fat chocobo mount obtainable from an achievement that requires a literal fuckton of commendations. I can't remember if it's 3000 or 4000, but I've been playing for a year now primarily as a tank and healer, and I've barely cracked 1000.

It's 3000, I just got the achievement for 1500, which gets you a piece of armor called The Best Gown Ever.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It really is the best gown ever.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Fister Roboto posted:

Sounds about as bannable as using dps parsers.

Well, to be fair, he just said to report them. Not that they'd do anything about it.

He also said they were going to streamline reporting RMT spammers. Not that they were going to do anything about the reports.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've filed the achievement fat chocobo under "I'll get this in 5.0 probably"

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I ended up getting it earlier this year. Just from leveling things in DF, and running roulettes most days, and being the dude who takes a second to explain things and doesn't act like a dick. Granted, that's still like two years' accumulation so it's not a fast process by any means, but it's not all that ridiculous. If you really wanted to grind it out you could probably spam, like, guildhests or story Ifrit or something else really fast.

That two-seater pegasus from 2000 mentor roulette completions, however, can gently caress right off so long as mentor roulette includes things that were, for very good reason, never included in roulettes in the first place (e.g. Odin, Ramuh Ex). If they ever change that, I may start poking away at that one.

Mentor roulette should be about being willing to be in the role of explaining normal content, not about running the risk of getting signed up for something that really should not be run with randoms in DF in the first place.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
It's not just that. Mentor Roulette requires you to run at level 60, can place you in leveling dungeons, and the tomestone reward is small enough that it's pretty much guaranteed to be a complete waste of your time.

If I could do Mentor Roulette while leveling or if it provided enough tomestones to be as worthwhile as doing EXDR then I'd be more likely to do it but as it stands it's basically guaranteed to stick you either in some incredibly low-level dungeon (at level 60) or in an EX primal that can't be cleared because not enough people understand the mechanics no matter how much you try and explain them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Expert primals are in mentor roulette? What the gently caress were they thinking?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fister Roboto posted:

Expert primals are in mentor roulette? What the gently caress were they thinking?

A bunch of people haven't cleared them, that's what they were thinking. It's stupid.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I thought that in the live letter he was saying that people flipping houses for a bunch of profit are definitely Not Okay and should be reported, but someone trying to recoup their loss is okay until they have the property transfer system in?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

Essentially they're trying to throw a bone at people that solo queue for primals they haven't completed for some dumb reason. I once got mentor roulette with 3 dps sproutlings for Odin which went about as well as you'd expect.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
They were probably thinking there's no other way to make queuing for those things ever fire. Titan, Ifrit, and Garuda are easy-ish and you can eventually kill it probably nearly every time, Ramuh and Leviathan are doable but it depends on how many dumbasses you got, Shiva is probably just a waste of time. Odin is a coin toss.

You're also much more likely to get like a low level Guildhest or something, so I don't think average time spent for a Mentor Roulette run is all that high, it's just more variance.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I don't even mind getting Primal EX in my mentor roulette. What I do mind is I'll spend 60 minutes in there actually mentoring people and in the end we won't finish (though people will make progress), so I get zero credit. I kind of feel like you should get the credit if you spend 30 minutes in there and don't leave via quitting, even though I realise that would probably be difficult to program. Otherwise, the mentor roulette feels like it's actively trying to tell mentors to not bother staying in any content that actually could use some mentoring and a helping hand.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

How are people getting to those fights with the sprout icon? I thought the New Adventurer status or whatever it is called wore off at level 20?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can understand doing it for normal primals, since a lot of those are required for story progression and also not nearly impossible for random level-synced newbies. Might as well put savage coil in there.

Please don't tell me savage coil is in there.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I just set myself as a crafting/gathering mentor, because people get real snippy when a combat mentor performs less than perfect in anything :shrug:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

GB_Sign posted:

How are people getting to those fights with the sprout icon? I thought the New Adventurer status or whatever it is called wore off at level 20?

168 hours of play time, or having beaten Before the Dawn.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Does that mean EX Thordan/Sephirot is in there too? I can't imagine PUGing it, it sounds torturous.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GB_Sign posted:

First, that doesn't matter to Mentor Roulette. Second, they changed the rules for New Adventurer status back when they instituted the Mentor program. You can run into sprouts at up to 60 now. See Patch notes for further details.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Savage coil is the *only* thing out of 2.x that isn't, I think. :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So normal coil is in there? You could potentially get thrown into level synced T9 with a bunch of sprouts? Jesus what an awful system. I'm glad I never bothered with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fister Roboto posted:

I can understand doing it for normal primals, since a lot of those are required for story progression and also not nearly impossible for random level-synced newbies. Might as well put savage coil in there.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Does that mean EX Thordan/Sephirot is in there too? I can't imagine PUGing it, it sounds torturous.

These are not in Mentor Roulette, currently. I don't expect Savage Coil to ever be in there. drat near everything else is though.

• Locked thread