Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Something a bit different while I avoid actually playing the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRiq2_LmZrs

skill o8

I can't wait for the comments for this one :parpcorn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sperglord posted:

The problem with Batgirl, Scott Manley, and the rest of the streamers is that they present an image of Star Citizen which is highly selective. Star Citizen exists in a reality-denying field, everyone talks about what will happen, how ship X or mechanic Y will work. Very few people talk about what exists today and it's relation to other games. The shitizens exist in this happy world of dreams and make-believe. CIG raises money in this happy world too.

As long as the streamers persist in dreaming about the future of Star Citizen, they will continue helping CIG fleece nerds everywhere.

You could show a picture of godzilla taking a massive poo poo on the burning remains of the CIG offices and some people would say 'meh, a small setback' and empty their college funds into CIGs pockets.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hmm

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

woah

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

You could show a picture of godzilla taking a massive poo poo on the burning remains of the CIG offices and some people would say 'meh, a small setback' and empty their college funds into CIGs pockets.

Checkmate, goonies :smug:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They're just adapted for the sausage fingered

You know who else hated the differently abled+?? :godwinning:

Thats right, Sandi

What a twist. With that kind of lead-in, I would have guessed Ben.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016
I'd like to see a statistics breakdown of someone trying to play Star Citizen for 4 hours. What fraction of the time has the game running, not running, crashing, etc.

But, that'd be more QA work than CIG does, so...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

"All they did was form the existing code into a finished package"

You see, computer games code is a lot like modeling clay. First you have to mix it with water and let it get to the right consistency, but then you can basically shape it into whatever you want.

Hey, no holds barred when combating the scourge of arm chair developerism

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sperglord posted:

I'd like to see a statistics breakdown of someone trying to play Star Citizen for 4 hours. What fraction of the time has the game running, not running, crashing, etc.

But, that'd be more QA work than CIG does, so...

Realistically probably half

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

spacetoaster posted:

I don't mind making the thread, but can someone who can photoshop do an initial shop to go in the OP? I don't want to just make the thread and be like: "You guys do this, imma just sit and watch!"

Is that guy taking a Star Citizen?

P.U. :nosepinch:

necroid
May 14, 2009

EminusSleepus posted:

I really hope that customer support tags Sandi as "clean shavin oval office" and Ben as "homophobic racist stalker pedophile Hitler loving fat baztard"

EminusSleepus posted:

I hope Cherrie Heiberg knows that her life aura is being sucked by the succubus every minute she works there in CIG

don't end up being an old hag like your HR/VP Marketing boss

EminusSleepus posted:

Ignorant oval office!!!! a Chocobo is not a chicken dumb rear end bitch

EminusSleepus posted:

I hope that ignorant oval office will be star marined by the one who should meet her.

also E3 are full of people she fired

EminusSleepus posted:

Puta de la muerte

Still on page 4259 but I just wanted to point out that posts like these are the exact opposite of funny, you sound like someone who's about to shoot up a mall.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:eyepop:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

so does that make us all D_Smart alts or jcrg99 alts?

I need clarification

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I want to come to your house on rib night, more than I want CIG to either fail or succeed.

I'd love to share them with you, but I somehow doubt we are in the same country? (just a wild guess, because most people tend to not live in the country I live)

But if anybody is interested, I can post a recipe.

tuo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 20, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

zecumbe = :lesnick: ?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

oh shi

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That last line is way out of line for all the early access guys on Steam

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

so does that make us all D_Smart alts or jcrg99 alts?

I need clarification

You know who else has many other alts?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Isn't that like the whole loving point of Early Access?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Well, my game made it to Steam Early Access. Time to stop developing it and roll in these sweet sweet profits, as one does."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

"Well, my game made it to Steam Early Access. Time to stop developing it and roll in these sweet sweet profits, as one does."

Post Tim Schafer, I think they don't get to sell ~dreams~ any more

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Or does Steam like offset the cost of refunds until the game is "complete" or something?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

The system works! is stupid

Hey, now. Don't abuse one of your backers. 4 views and one thumbs up?

I mean, really, one might think CIG has gotten to you?

Dear God, no. :bahgawd:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Post Tim Schafer, I think they don't get to sell ~dreams~ any more

So what you're saying is Tim Schafer is good for Steamcoin...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

It's also diabolically stupid - all the money made after the release of a game is profit apparently? I guess the development of these games is paid for with magical fun bucks that spawned out of nothing, rather than from investments and loans that are expected to be paid back from sales revenue.

Ben Lesnick is a giant idiot child.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Realistically probably half

So, about half the time you are in the game playing, and the other half is crashing/re-loading, etc?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tuo posted:

I'd love to share them with you, but I somehow doubt we are in the same country? (just a wild guess, because most people tend to not live in the country I live)

But if anybody is interested, I can post a recipe.

I am one of those drat Americans, so prolly not. Although it has been several thousand posts since the last recipe, so hit us!

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

peter gabriel posted:

Also it's insane to think Star Citizen doesn't have any profits. What the gently caress are those ship sales and whatnot, just to keep the lights on? If that's the case (and it seems they are saying as much with the denial of refunds now) how can cultists not see this as a problem? CIG is essentially making just enough money to pay bills, and they're one unforeseen expense away from a disaster?

Maybe they shouldn't have spent insane amounts of money on:

Moving to LA
mo-cap studio time
mo-cap studio itself in LA
Buying that tacky airplane furniture
Super expensive spaceship door thing
Ridiculous coffee maker(s)
Trips to Monaco
Etc. etc.

Just that poo poo alone could have saved them more money than I'll probably see in my lifetime. But oh well, they couldn't possibly refund me my $35 dollars, no that money is long gone! :jerkbag:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Ben will die. And we'll make a fitting memorial for him.

I could eat one of those
Two, I can probably manage
All that in two days? gently caress me sideways I'd probably puke

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
wait so Lesnick is Brand?

James Brand

Jemes Blend

Jenes Blesend

Jene Lesend

Jen Lesnind

Ben Lesnick

oh yeah

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sperglord posted:

So, about half the time you are in the game playing, and the other half is crashing/re-loading, etc?

Pretty much, but generally there is a lot of hassle getting in game (infinite loads / server full / other bullshit errors) and once you are in you are in for a while

Unless you do something crazy like warp / go through a door, then it's anything goes

Star Citizen is the only game I own that I have to hard reset my PC sometimes

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

his nibs posted:

wait so Lesnick is Brand?

James Brand

Jemes Blend

Jenes Blesend

Jene Lesend

Jen Lesnind

Ben Lesnick

oh yeah

JAMES BELLEND

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I am one of those drat Americans, so prolly not. Although it has been several thousand posts since the last recipe, so hit us!

I don't get that "drat Americans" thing because I haven't been on here for too long...

Regarding the recipe: I'll do, gonna get some ribs tomorrow and do it over the next couple of days. (pure text recipe is boring IMHO). Haven't made them this year anyway. It's actually very easy, and in the US you also get the basic ingredients more easily. Try to find a butcher here who knows what "baby back rips" are and who doesn't immidiately call the police if you say you "need them, by tomorrow".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

JAMES BELLEND

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

JAMES BELLEND

:eyepop: yesss

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

BELLEND LESNICK

(this joke brought to you by Ryan Archer)

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
My sister got a new kitten

I'm furious that she lives thousands of miles away and I can't pet it :argh:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

BELLEND LESNICK

(this joke brought to you by Ryan Archer)

I will tell you the world's most funny joke. A joke so hilarious you'll never think another joke is funny again. This joke will change your life and probably the entire world when I tell it. Just you wait until I tell it. Tickets are $32,000

(this joke will be brought to you by Chris Roberts in 2016 2018 you can't put a date on world changing material like this)

fnox
May 19, 2013

Are you guys catching onto Mighty No. 9's backers reaction after the game was released and it turned out to be poo poo? All these people saying "This is a life lesson" and "I'll never back anything on Kickstarter again"?

Boy just imagine how bad it'll be for Star Citizen when it collapses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I will tell you the world's most funny joke. A joke so hilarious you'll never think another joke is funny again. This joke will change your life and probably the entire world when I tell it. Just you wait until I tell it. Tickets are $32,000

(this joke will be brought to you by Chris Roberts in 2016 2018 you can't put a date on world changing material like this)

Guys it takes years to develop a good joke, let alone the best joke of all time.

You just don't understand joke development. Give this man more money!

• Locked thread