Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I always thought Reaper is cool, and his legendaries are good (especially El Blanco). I'm 27!

e: my shame is immortalized in a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Shy posted:

I always thought Reaper is cool, and his legendaries are good (especially El Blanco). I'm 27!

I'm sorry you had to find out this way...but you're actually 12

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Replace Reaper's ult with him reading his angsty poetry and the other team falls down in awe at his dark genius

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

Replace Reaper's ult with him reading his angsty poetry and the other team falls down in awe at his dark genius

They roll on the ground laughing.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Xaris posted:

Ehh it's pretty bad without charge. I don't think she needs a buff per se, but a quality of life change would be nice just having the thickness to stay the same regardless of charge. With how finnicky reg can be, lvl0-40 charge is pretty miserable to hit with. I pretty much just stuck to M2-ing the entire time until I have close to 40+ charge.

It would be nice if the beam aimed at the crosshair instead of off to the right somewhere

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

It would be nice if the beam aimed at the crosshair instead of off to the right somewhere

It does, only the visual is offset.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
The best Winston v turret is to bubble it and then run off to cover. Hopefully your local DPS will be coordinated enough or get the hint and waste the thing. Winston is really really not a seek and destroy character, it's more chipping and harassing.

My greatest Winston moment was when I made the other team so angry at me they all chased me off the point and my team capped before they could get back into position.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

urea posted:

It does, only the visual is offset.

Are you sure? If you aim close to a wall it shows the decal/burn point as being offset but seems to get better with distance.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FranktheBank posted:

You mean "I'M GONNA LAND THIS AMAZING HOOK ON HIGHLY MOBILE TRACER/GENJI/LUCIO... WHY ARE YOU BEHIND ME..." watch them skate away...

I had that happen to me once and it turned out it was due to me moving forward (on a slope or on a cart, stuff like that) while hooking them so they got pulled to where I had been rather than where I was. Now I'm paranoid about it and hold still which has its downsides but not as many as letting a Pharah go flying away behind you largely uninjured.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

oh god definitely this please

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only news I'm interested in is if Mei will go out with me.

Well, she has been heard saying that you "can do it together".
That little hussy.

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Xaris posted:

Are you sure? If you aim close to a wall it shows the decal/burn point as being offset but seems to get better with distance.

You can easily verify on the practice range robots. The burn is just the visual.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I'm hoping some goons who played with me from this particular game sees this, but i was in this goon discord pickup game within the last 2 or 3 days:

I was in a pickup game with you guys and we played against this insanely good/coordinated team that absolute destroyed us. Probably the best team i've played against yet. Their tracer had to be, by far, the best tracer i've played against, and he was absolutely wrecking our poo poo (i think someone in our group found out he was ranked like #100 for tracer).

After the 1st map, a couple of you guys pleaded with me to leave the lobby as a group so we wouldn't play them again, and i almost complied, but another goon in our group shouted 'don't you dare quit against this team' and i sheepishly let the group stay in the game expecting to get embarrassed again.

I believe the next map we played was Lijiang Tower (i think), and i suggested doing the double monkey strategy and we actually won! The other team rage quit, and before the tracer guy quit himself, he told us that his teammates were incredibly pissed off for losing to us. Best feeling in the world :) Hats off to the guy that wouldn't let me quit the lobby.

I thought about that a couple times today, and wish someone had recorded that.

Sigh.

Edit: I'm MFister#1576 if that jogs anyone's memories.

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 20, 2016

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Please get rid of 2CP maps. Defense just has it too easy now that McCree isn't rolling around killing everyone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mister Fister posted:

I'm hoping some goons who played with me from this particular game sees this, but i was in this goon discord pickup game within the last 2 or 3 days:

I was in a pickup game with you guys and we played against this insanely good/coordinated team that absolute destroyed us. Probably the best team i've played against yet. Their tracer had to be, by far, the best tracer i've played against, and he was absolutely wrecking our poo poo (i think someone in our group found out he was ranked like #100 for tracer).

After the 1st map, a couple of you guys pleaded with me to leave the lobby as a group so we wouldn't play them again, and i almost complied, but another goon in our group shouted 'don't you dare quit against this team' and i sheepishly let the group stay in the game expecting to get embarrassed again.

I believe the next map we played was Lijiang Tower (i think), and i suggested doing the double monkey strategy and we actually won! The other team rage quit, and before the tracer guy quit himself, he told us that his teammates were incredibly pissed off for losing to us. Best feeling in the world :) Hats off to the guy that wouldn't let me quit the lobby.

Sigh.

never leave lobbies against players better than you, this I know as truth.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Countblanc posted:

but i prefer to have fun

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

but i prefer to have fun

The forced 50-50 winrate deal with the devil that Blizzard made means you will beat them even if you're trying your best to lose

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Countblanc posted:

I generally like playing against players that are only somewhat better than me, I don't think i get better playing against god tier players that steamroll my team. However, i guess sometimes we do discount trying something different with characters/strategies and i'll try to stick it out a bit more from now on in random PUGS.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

but i prefer to have fun

have fun by getting stronger

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you don't have the fighting spirit of a shounen protagonist then i don't know what you're doing with your life

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
when i get really serious i play with only my right hand because it will shatter my opponents' screwed up illusions

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can you melee a Genji that is trying to parry and still damage him?

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:
Not from the front, no. Need to hit him from outside his reflect area.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Internet Kraken posted:

Can you melee a Genji that is trying to parry and still damage him?

Not, from his front, he blocks melee when he's reflecting.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The forced 50-50 winrate deal with the devil that Blizzard made means you will beat them even if you're trying your best to lose

i don't leave at the beginning of matches, i stay for the full experience of getting stomped into the ground first, and then i leave.

i also don't leave in the middle of matches, so don't friggin invite me if i'm in-game, people. you know who you are.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i don't leave at the beginning of matches, i stay for the full experience of getting stomped into the ground first, and then i leave.

i also don't leave in the middle of matches, so don't friggin invite me if i'm in-game, people. you know who you are.

They really need to make it so joining a group doesn't kick you out of your current game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

They really need to make it so joining a group doesn't kick you out of your current game.

a hundred times this

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

overwatch is the best anime dress up game on the market

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

Sigh.

I ran into your goon group with another goon group this past weekend. You destroyed is every match, and i think we played 3-4. We asked in chat if you were goons and someone made the stairs joke.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

pakman posted:

I ran into your goon group with another goon group this past weekend. You destroyed is every match, and i think we played 3-4. We asked in chat if you were goons and someone made the stairs joke.

I vaguely remember that... because of the stairs thing.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

sex idiot posted:

overwatch is the best anime dress up game on the market

Not until they do a summertime fun time update and add fanservice swimsuit skins for all the characters. Would buy so many crates for a legendary Junkrat in a banana hammock.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mankini Roadhog

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Definitely the best matches (besides the one in a million coming back against an incredibly good team that's much better than you) are the ones that are evenly matched. The only other game that really sticks out in my memory is one where i got 58 eliminations and another goon got 61 eliminations on Nepal. Both teams were evenly matched, stuck on 99% for a long rear end time going back and forth on overtime many many times, and we finally triumphed, but my heart was racing like crazy and my fingers hurt like hell. Good times!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mankini Roadhog

The straps would have to be made of carbon fiber to not snap under the strain of holding all that 'hog.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

Definitely the best matches (besides the one in a million coming back against an incredibly good team that's much better than you) are the ones that are evenly matched. The only other game that really sticks out in my memory is one where i got 58 eliminations and another goon got 61 eliminations on Nepal. Both teams were evenly matched, stuck on 99% for a long rear end time going back and forth on overtime many many times, and we finally triumphed, but my heart was racing like crazy and my fingers hurt like hell. Good times!

I just had an attack game on Hollywood where we were in overtime from the time the payload reached the double doors at the entrance to the warehouse, and we won. It was so fun.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mister Fister posted:

Was that the one we had against a goon/group of goons and I DMd him to let him know how good of a game it was and he was heaping praise all over our Mercy? It was so amiable even with the long-fought win, everyone's numbers were through the roof because it was nonstop fighting on the point. Good times indeed.

E: yeah after looking at your other post I think that's the group, we had really good awareness of enemy ults going on in those games.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sometimes i get invited to goon groups and we lose one game and i get mad and leave and i'm sorry :smith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I played against a rank 220 mei who would not stop trash talking. My whole team made fun of him for being useless when his team lost. He then said he was afk the whole time, so I told him I reported him for being afk.

Playing against good players is a lot more fun, I agree.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

FAUXTON posted:

Was that the one we had against a goon/group of goons and I DMd him to let him know how good of a game it was and he was heaping praise all over our Mercy? It was so amiable even with the long-fought win, everyone's numbers were through the roof because it was nonstop fighting on the point. Good times indeed.

I don't remember if it was against another goon group. Were you on my team? I don't think my hearing was damaged in that game :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's pretty gratifying as a sadomasochistic mercy default solo queue pub player when someone tosses a 'nice healing' into chat after 4 rounds carrying the team on my back