Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I figured Platcha would be more upset at Sophie dressing her in fetish wear

Leon is the problem. She needs to be removed from the town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Dehry posted:

Leon is the problem. She needs to be removed from the town.

Sophie isn't that great either. I did one of the body mods and it gave her Leon's butt angle skirt but shorter. Leon is a bad influence.

Actually most of the characters in this game are bad. This is my least favorite atelier game (but I will still 100% it).

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Rorona OG is worse but only because that thing barely had any of the systems in place. Sophie feels like it's got a real bad case of the b-team, not to mention a real bad case of the first-game-on-a-new-console. Fortunately, Atelier Firis stuff looks cool.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I want to change my account name. It turns out in order to do that I need to create a new account. If I do so will I lose the save game files to my Vita games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no way of changing your account name you are literally creating a new account and yes you'll lose access to everything associated with the original account including save games and digital purchases.
E: you'll have to do a factory reset too because you can't have more than one account on a system.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Think of the trophies

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you'll have to either start fresh or stick with NateHiggers1488

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I learned to embrace the name I created when making a steam account 10 years ago,

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dehry posted:

I learned to embrace the name I created when making a steam account 10 years ago,

What's your Steam account, Dehry? I want to be e-friends with the guy who bought Conception 2 twice.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

What's your Steam account, Dehry? I want to be e-friends with the guy who bought Conception 2 twice.

Dehry. What else?

Also I own it 3 times now with PSN digital.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, I thought it was something hilarious that included words like "goku" or "420" or (my favorite) "gurlluver" somewhere.

Anyway, might as well: if any of you were looking to add random goons who like Miku as your e-friends, this is my Steam, and PSN is Saoshyant_ (with the underscore).

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So is there a way I can test to see what account names are taken and what aren't?

Really Pants posted:

you'll have to either start fresh or stick with NateHiggers1488

The thing is that I want NateHiggers1489 though.

Saoshyant posted:

Anyway, might as well: if any of you were looking to add random goons who like Miku as your e-friends, this is my Steam, and PSN is Saoshyant_ (with the underscore).

I added you on Steam.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

Also I own it 3 times now with PSN digital.

hosed up if true

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Midjack posted:

hosed up if true

It's true.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I added you on Steam.

That's cool, we should play Skullgirls sometime if you are in the East Coast. GGPO works magic all the way from there to my tiny hamlet in Europe.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 19, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

That's cool, we should play Skullgirls sometime if you are in the East Coast. GGPO works magic all the way from there to my tiny hamlet in Europe.

I'm in the midwest, but I still get reasonable connections from Europe.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I need to add people again, I added a bunch of goons but it was way back on a UK PSN account when I hadn't quite realized that it was easier and cheaper to use the US account for absolutely everything. StelasEldrasiaUS PSN / stelas on steam

Sadly all my Miku is on the JP account but at least this means I get Future Tone in a couple days.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So is there a way I can test to see what account names are taken and what aren't?

Plug the names into a trophy site like PSNProfiles and see if anything comes up, I suppose.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Plug the names into a trophy site like PSNProfiles and see if anything comes up, I suppose.

Try sending them a message.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Fru Fru posted:

This is my least favorite atelier game (but I will still 100% it).

So I said this but screw this game. I already had to restart once because one trophy is missable. If you care make sure to craft the Philosopher's Stone before beating Luard. And now on both of my games I am still missing the trophy for learning all the recipes even though I have learned and crafted them all both times. I thought of trying to go back to before I beat Luard and trying to learn them all, but you can't get the final cauldron until you beat him. And I don't know if it is possible to spawn the dragons/light elemental before beating him either. Maybe I need to just put this game away until someone smarter than me figures out this bug.

So anyway this game is bad and I have beaten it twice now.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Naw its pretty good just don't be a trophy obsessed weirdo

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Ceramics posted:

Naw its pretty good just don't be a trophy obsessed weirdo
I don't care about trophies, myself, but if you're going to have them, don't implement them in such a bassackwards way that makes them pointless and frustrating for players to try to earn.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So is there a way I can test to see what account names are taken and what aren't

Just try them when registering. I remember doing this on PS3 in 2009. It will say if the name is taken, or it will give you an "are you sure you want this username?" dialogue.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
25$ physical Shovel Knight:
http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Has anyone played Grand Kingdom on the Vita? I'd like to grab the PS4 version, but it being portable is a huge plus.

Mostly comes down to if it runs like a shoddy port, most RPGs that get the PS4/Vita split seem to dodge that bullet tho.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Fancy Hat! posted:

Has anyone played Grand Kingdom on the Vita? I'd like to grab the PS4 version, but it being portable is a huge plus.

Mostly comes down to if it runs like a shoddy port, most RPGs that get the PS4/Vita split seem to dodge that bullet tho.

As usual, BlueMaxima has a chunky gameplay video out 4 days ago already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNdHu5RmfXw

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Mithaldu posted:

As usual, BlueMaxima has a chunky gameplay video out 4 days ago already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNdHu5RmfXw

Guy is passionate about the Vita and does a great service, but there's something about his voice that makes me cringe.

I'm probably just being an rear end.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

RadicalR posted:

Guy is passionate about the Vita and does a great service, but there's something about his voice that makes me cringe.

I'm probably just being an rear end.
Maybe you just don't like Australia? In any case, it's a matter of taste and those can differ, sure. Even just with sound off though you can make a good judgement of whether the game runs well or like crunchy crap.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Fancy Hat! posted:

There's a Grand Kingdom demo for Vita and I'm pretty sure that demo progress carries over to the full game. I thought it ran well on the Vita though there's a lot going on in the UI and some of it feels a little bit crammed in on the screen. It unfortunately doesn't support cross save so you do need to pick one platform and stick with it.

Grand Kingdom DLC is up on the PSN store and there seems to be a bunch of pay2win things like $7 packs of scrolls to boost your units, which isn't going to help matters when I've already read rumblings about how some of its mechanics feel like a f2p phone game.

I wanted to like the game and the demo was fun until I got into the online war mode but I will probably pass on it for now and pick it up on sale later on to play through the offline campaign stuff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hey look, actuall footage of Daidouji in Uppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjYSNnuRjJE&t=1607s

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm so close to finishing Sophie now with every character getting their illustration and trophy popup, yet I still feel like the game is missing something. Everyone's solved their problems, Plachta (the book) has a final alchemy test and even the bosses are easy despite what I thought was a low level. At level 20 the characters are at max level and then it's about grinding for customization points like in Shallie (which happened at 40.) There's still so many recipes to learn and I just can't handle playing for more than an hour now.

Arland players will probably like the game better overall. Dusk players are going to be disappointed.

E: ^^ That gameplay is as slow as Senran Kagura just before someone transforms. (I managed to get stuck in that mode because of a glitch.)

Dehry fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 22, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Grand Kingdom feels like an iPhone game.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
It looks like a wannabe Vanillaware game

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I tried the demo and even though I had an uncertain frown on my face the whole way, I think I'd be okay with playing it on the Vita, but not at full price. It didn't feel like it'd have enough for me to really get my teeth into on the PS4, and there's much bigger poo poo coming out for me to focus on at the moment.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dehry posted:

There's still so many recipes to learn and I just can't handle playing for more than an hour now.

Also yeah, I hit this point myself pretty hard. An Atelier game where I just gently caress around and learn recipes wouldn't be bad, but Sophie's crew is badly missing some charm or even interesting dialogue, and the models and animations look seriously dated. It's hard to give a drat when there's not even much of a payoff as far as I can tell.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Megalixir posted:

It looks like a wannabe Vanillaware game

That's because it's by ex-VW people.

I actually like the character design/general artstyle in Grand Kingdom more than the normal VW games, personally.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 22, 2016

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

MisterAlex posted:

I don't care about trophies, myself, but if you're going to have them, don't implement them in such a bassackwards way that makes them pointless and frustrating for players to try to earn.
So you don't care about Trophies, you just care about the people who do.

Okay then.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean pretty much every video game has at least one or two annoying trophies (Requires hours of grinding/is missable/collectables with no way of tracking what you've missed/reach level one million in our online multiplayer no one plays anymore etc)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mr Phillby posted:

So you don't care about Trophies, you just care about the people who do.

Okay then.

Well I think he's saying that if you're going to do something, do it well.

Anyway, in the final stretch of Odin Sphere, poo poo this game is longer than I remember. And I think Leifthrasir has an extra chapter?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just finished chapter four of Dangan Ronpa

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stelas posted:

I tried the demo and even though I had an uncertain frown on my face the whole way, I think I'd be okay with playing it on the Vita, but not at full price. It didn't feel like it'd have enough for me to really get my teeth into on the PS4, and there's much bigger poo poo coming out for me to focus on at the moment.

This is actually more or less why I'm getting it for Vita instead of PS4. It feels really well suited for playing for, like, 15-30 minute spurts. I'm not gonna spend $60 on a game that feels like this, but I also don't have much to play until September or so. $40 isn't too big a drop in the bucket, and I get the 20% Prime discount for preordering.