Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Came back from the sin city and watched ultron preview. He has the most underwhelming ult by any heroes so far, even worse than ones that just buff themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Polegrinder posted:

Hawkeye owns. I bought him today and I'm having a ton of fun. I think Hawkeye might replace Wolverine as my favorite, or at least tie for that spot.

I'm really starting to doubt any and all hero suggestions - oh get Doom he is good and fun, sucks. Oh Wolverine is bad, actually fun.

:stare:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ultron needs an ult where four Harry Pyms carry him around while he slouches on his Ultron Throne and German techno music blares.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

xyigx posted:

Yeah Yeah double post.

They really need to have a character by character mute option. And one for the side kicks to. loving falcon and silver surfer both need a nice glass of shut the gently caress up. But seriously falcon if you tell me your not a side kick your a avenger 1 more loving time you may never hit 60. There are some really good voice work and I still want to hear those.

I SHOULD HAVE STAYED AT GOOGLE!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

get bing'd whitelisters

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
As long as the hero can hit yellow status they are done in ICR's eyes.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Lozareth posted:

Another new sub-3 ttk, Rachet Racon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPUnrZdJhFc

Prinn is a madman devoting his entire life to the racon and learning the minutest details about being the absolute best racon you can. Weaving that quickly surprises me. I would've thought it was a dps loss. I think multiple instances of BFG end up ticking on the target. He also ditches Gravity Mine and only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability. There's a couple heroes I should try that on.

Makes me excited to buy Rocky. I've been wanting him for some time (almost used my free ticket on him) but I didn't like his default costume. I got the Movie one from a drop and well now I just need some Gs. I hoping for a 50% sale so I can go nuts. Gonna buy Big Pun (or Luke Cage), Mr. F, Invisible Mom, and Rocket.

Also, I'm looking for some newish players (or maybe unlucky), I have a gift to give away. It's pretty cool and thought a new supergroup team member could make use of it. I was gonna give it to Lemon Cupcake, but wasn't sure if they were new or not and they weren't on last night. Seems like they are new cause it sounded like they just passed their first Cosmic Trial. I thought this might be an appropriate gift.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

As long as the hero can hit yellow status they are done in ICR's eyes.

Is there a path to yellow 60?

If so, yes, the testing is done.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
As long as we get broken down wires showing Ultron costume all can be forgiven. Right?!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

As long as we get broken down wires showing Ultron costume all can be forgiven. Right?!

I want Ultron in a wolverine mask so there's finally a wolverine worth playing.

Though they could put a wolverine mask on squirrel girl and still accomplish this goal

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

WebDO posted:

I want Ultron in a wolverine mask so there's finally a wolverine worth playing.
Bad news,

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Sorry, my friends got me heavily addicted to Ark and WoW again. I missed the anniversary entirely, didn't I?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Degs posted:

Sorry, my friends got me heavily addicted to Ark and WoW again. I missed the anniversary entirely, didn't I?

I think there's another week of it after this one

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

xyigx posted:

loving falcon and silver surfer both

:swoon:

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
Questions about team-ups and team-up gearing came up in SG chat today. I figured I'd post a link to the rather spergy but still relevant thread on the oforums for those of you that might want to try and optimize your battle buddy.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/220508/guide-everything-about-active-team-up-builds-ttk-gear/p1

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Oh hey there is a new thread

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
:ducksiren: CALLING ALL WHALES. Steam card sale going on right now. Buy 1 get 1 20% off. :ducksiren:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8852119-valve-steam-wallet-card-buy-one-get-one-20-off-free-shipping

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've got 600 shards, no idea who to buy.

Who's the most fun to play?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Who do you have, who/what playstyle do you like. Deadpool is good and incredibly low effort to play/gear.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Chilichimp posted:

This all depends on what play style you like. Of the 20+ heroes I've got to 60, I found Squirrel Girl to be pretty damned fun. Once you get used to the mechanics, Blade can be a lot of fun too. Thus is my opinion.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man, the birthday event has been great but wading through the ten billion gigatonnes of garbage any hero uniques always bogs me down. I should just start junking them instead of saving them for trade-in recipes.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:

Chilichimp posted:

Magik, Doom, Surfer all get high marks round these parts. Rouge has 600 builds to suit any style, all broken. Black Cat is a good and fun newer character with an interesting mechanic. You could get 200 shard characters to play around with a few - like switch if you don't have her, she is strong ranged magic explosions. Deadpool is easy mode, as said above.

I guess it would help if you post who you have, or who you are considering.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I'm going to requote my :FUN: heroes list from the end of last thread

Most fun heroes are thing, juggernaut, nudemans, gobbo (can get spooky playing him tho), squirrel girl (if you play with sound on) and iron fist (really just while sigging or ulting).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I can play this dumb game again (MS finally painted me into a corner with Windows XP) but Gaz seems to have eaten about $45 worth of account features :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Therapist posted:

Rouge has 600 builds to suit any style, all broken.

Sure didilly do. Over 230 channels, locked out.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
FUN HEROES

200 splinter heroes - Daredevil, Hawkeye, Taskmaster

400 splinter heroes - War Machine, Wolverine, Ant-Man, Cable, Colossus, Gambit, Mr. F, Moon Knight, Titty Pride, Cap A, Squirrel Girl

600 splinter heroes - Spider-Man, Ghost Rider

EDIT - Forgot Squirrel Girl, wow...

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 20, 2016

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Polegrinder posted:

FUN HEROES

200 splinter heroes - Daredevil, Hawkeye, Taskmaster

400 splinter heroes - War Machine, Wolverine, Ant-Man, Cable, Colossus, Gambit, Mr. F, Moon Knight, Titty Pride, Cap A,

600 splinter heroes - Spider-Man, Ghost Rider

I dont understand these new gimmick posting accounts.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
'fun' is playing whatever you feel like and having a good time

'FUN' is playing whichever hero will get you a mane in optimal time and/or place top 1% on DR tournaments.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Man, the birthday event has been great but wading through the ten billion gigatonnes of garbage any hero uniques always bogs me down. I should just start junking them instead of saving them for trade-in recipes.

The best part is that the O forums will argue vehemently that doing anything to make the looting experience less objectively lovely is ~ruining the game~ and ~catering to casuals~ and ~enabling botting~

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

WebDO posted:

The best part is that the O forums will argue vehemently that doing anything to make the looting experience less objectively lovely is ~ruining the game~ and ~catering to casuals~ and ~enabling botting~

Are there any loot picker upper/sorter bots? Because that sounds amazing right now.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Chilichimp posted:

You can play everyone to lvl 10 without buying. Play a whole bunch and see who you like.

Cyclops is a good starter. He rocks out on offense, and at 50 gives all subsequent heroes +10% xp.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It is totally OK to like things and not be optimal, and when people get mad that you like things and are not optimal the best approach is to smile and nod

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Juggs is my favorite "fun" hero. Shame he sucks. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mayor McCheese posted:

Juggs is my favorite "fun" hero. Shame he sucks. :(

Emma's really good now?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HUGE update!

quote:

RyolnirRyolnir GazillionAvengers Infinite MansionPosts: 7,815 Staff
1:38PM edited 1:38PM in General Discussion
Happy Monday all,

Over the weekend we had quite a few new features and things to test in Test Center, so if you had the oppurtunity to test and give feedback, thank you! The team is now diving into all of your feedback and reports for Ultron, Dynamic Combat Level, Times Square, and everything else that spent time in TC.

We'll have updates throughout the week on the timing of the upcoming release, primarily depending on how iteration on all of these features goes.

Not a very exciting update, but if you haven't had time with Test Center this weekend, head over there and let us know what you think about everything!

Have a great week!

Flag Quote · 11Insightful 4Agree 5Awesome 2Fun

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

It is totally OK to like things and not be optimal, and when people get mad that you like things and are not optimal the best approach is to smile and nod

While this is true in the abstract, it's important to remember that it is not OK to like Hawkeye whether he's optimal or not.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Omg, shocking news! Ryolnir isn't sick!

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Gibbering Madness posted:

Omg, shocking news! Ryolnir isn't sick!

His sugar was manageable this morning.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

I wonder how much Ultron feedback they actually read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Prel posted:

Also, Blade is good now? I thought he was from the dumpster fire period of design. It's so hard to keep up with this garbage, especially when you don't play it.

He is the easiest dude to level, reminds me of original Slord because he rains grenades and shootmans

• Locked thread