Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Especially with the 4 best 3rd-placed teams qualifying, meaning that come tomorrow the teams will know what they need to be that and we'll probably see some rather guaranteed results.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's fine, nothing wrong with resting players when you're almost certain of qualification.

Except that winning the group means we play one of Albania/Northern Ireland/Czech/Croatia and then the winner of group F (Portugal? Hungary?) in the quarters with Spain in the semis.

Coming 2nd means Portugal/Hungary/Iceland first followed by France in the quarters and Germany/Italy in the semis.

That first one is definitely easier. Being England we'll blow it to whoever, but why get yourself a harder draw than you have to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
[Slovakia Ultra Voice] it's coming, homos

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va6nPu-1auE

On repeat

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Sturridge making a strong claim to replace sterling in that all important useless waste of space slot in the starting xi

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
has it come home yet???

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

7lip posted:

has it come home yet???

It's coming home.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
My faith is wavering lads. I'm not sure it's going to come home.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Of course it's coming home.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

How is Joe Hart somehow England's worst keeper

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We're wank

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
No teams in the knockout stages will park the bus like Wales and Slovakia did. A bit more space and England's dominance will translate into goals.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

From yesterdays press conference.

Reporter: "How would you define success at this tournament?"

Roy: 'It's not an intelligent question – I don't mean to insult you – but it's not a question for coaches. All we can do is prepare teams, because what is success and what is not success, depends on many things. It's not really so simple.

'We could play ridiculously badly, look like a poor team, but sneak our way through to what people think is a successful position; or we could be really unlucky, play quite well and fall foul of a bad refereeing decision, an injury, or something that happens in a game of football, like we did against Russia.

'All of a sudden does that mean the team is doing really badly because they conceded a goal in the 92nd minute after giving a good performance; or is it satisfactory because you can see how the team is doing and that bodes well for the future. Who knows?"

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Mmmm unbeaten in the group stages, its coming home

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
An experimental line-up, which kept a clean sheet, answered a number of questions, mainly with "no", and left us unbeaten after three games. Not bad.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Big Roy is 3 wins in 10 games in proper tournament football now.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Seems that England is bad, fail, and gay.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

HJB posted:

An experimental line-up, which kept a clean sheet, answered a number of questions, mainly with "no", and left us unbeaten after three games. Not bad.

Yeah the one question that was answered with a "yes" was "is Roy a retard for bringing Wilshere and leaving out Drinkwater?" and it was a big yes imho

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

KFBR392 posted:

Yeah the one question that was answered with a "yes" was "is Roy a retard for bringing Wilshere and leaving out Drinkwater?" and it was a big yes imho

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
From yesterdays press conference.

Reporter: "How would you define success at this tournament?"

Roy:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

if only big roy had brought poo poo garbageman #7 instead of poo poo garbageman #4 everything would have been fine

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

if only big roy had brought poo poo garbageman #7 instead of poo poo garbageman #4 everything would have been fine

I can't blame Roy; he's a brain damaged pensioner way out of his depth.

The FA shouldn't put him through this to be honest.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

if only big aidy boothroyd had brought poo poo garbageman #7 instead of poo poo garbageman #4 everything would have been fine

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

now you're talking

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Pissflaps posted:

No teams in the knockout stages will park the bus like Wales and Slovakia did. A bit more space and England's dominance will translate into goals.

Ah yes. The good teams will make it easier for England.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
England = garbage rear end poo poo. Sad.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Wales now officially is a better team than England.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

ephex posted:

Wales now officially is a better team than England.

Not till it's over

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jyrka posted:

Ah yes. The good teams will make it easier for England.

Yes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Roy has it all figured out, he studied the brackets to find the best path for England.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

as I said above, we Want to play Portugal, so a draw tonight and a Wales win will make that happen.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It doesnt matter who England plays or where, as all their players are bad. Watching the team is a chore.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I'm glad we've qualified to be knocked out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

why does everything have to go through the right wing? does roy have a contract to make sure the right winger touches the ball in every attack?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

why does everything have to go through the right wing? does roy have a contract to make sure the right winger touches the ball in every attack?

because roy is a tory.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Have you ever watched football before?

Slovakia were weak on their left side, nearly all our good chances came from attacks down the right, so that's why England concentrated on attacking that side. After Slovakia brought on another LB it got mixed up a bit more.

Honestly, apart from the frustration of seeing chances blocked or missed, I enjoyed watching the match. I don't think I've enjoyed watching England play football this much for at least ten years.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

How could you enjoy that poo poo, that was one of the worst games of soccer I have seen in my entire life. I'm still mad

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

African AIDS cum posted:

England = garbage rear end poo poo. Sad.

Check this out m8, England = what?

hahaha

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

How could you enjoy that poo poo, that was one of the worst games of soccer I have seen in my entire life. I'm still mad

American spotted.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

African AIDS cum posted:

I know this is a lie and a troll because I know you saw Stoke v villa that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Don't bite Ninpo. That guy is a racist troll who doesn't know anything about football he just wants to get a reaction out of people. Sad.

• Locked thread