Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Hey I'm going to this con in Fallujah, wanna come with and split airfare/room and board?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

n-n-n-not d-d-d-det-detroit?!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
For those of you attending CEO this upcoming weekend, it's hoagiefest at Wawa. All hoagies are $5.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

n-n-n-not d-d-d-det-detroit?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcyxFNuQlwo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ultramega posted:

Hey I'm going to this con in Fallujah, wanna come with and split airfare/room and board?

Can't be worse than Detroit.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Wow.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
well he doesn't think he is a real nigga

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

90 dollars. You can't make this poo poo up.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

see, detroit will make you cry

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

NecroMonster posted:

see, detroit will make you cry

it's truly hell on earth

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a dork crying, forever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Countblanc posted:

it's truly hell on earth

Hey as a Michigan person I can proudly proclaim that Detroit is no longer the complete cess pool it was 10 years ago. There's a good chunk that is worth hanging out in!

I mean, 80% is still terrifying. But 20% is great!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Medullah posted:

Hey as a Michigan person I can proudly proclaim that Detroit is no longer the complete cess pool it was 10 years ago. There's a good chunk that is worth hanging out in!

The mayor has actually cleaned up a bit of the city. Though to be fair it is only downtown. Then again the crime rate is going down in the city.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Medullah posted:

the detroit airport is cool

and it has a good popeyes inside

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Go to Ann Arbor and you can eat at an actual Popeyes instead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you awnt a microcosm of the FGC, imagine a white dude crying in a room full of increasingly awkward black dudes

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The current Humble Bundle is Neo Geo-themed.

https://twitter.com/focusattack/status/745058869160873984

It has Neo Turf Masters, Metal Slugs 1-3, 2000, Twinkle Star Sprites, and 98989898989898.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Broken Loose posted:

The current Humble Bundle is Neo Geo-themed.

https://twitter.com/focusattack/status/745058869160873984

It has Neo Turf Masters, Metal Slugs 1-3, 2000, Twinkle Star Sprites, and 98989898989898.

No Windjammers, no buy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Capcom and Marvel's crossover fighting game series hasn't seen a new entry since 2011, when Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 hit PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Since then, fans have pleaded with Capcom for a sequel and an update to Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 that would address the game's notoriously out-of-whack balance.

Last week, we spoke to Marvel Games vice president Jay Ong and asked him if Marvel vs. Capcom fans would finally get some relief from his team, either in the form of a new game or a balance patch. His response was vague, but optimistic.

"There's nothing we can say at this time," Ong told Polygon. "Let's just say that we hear that a lot. We love our fans and we certainly want to please them. Beyond that we can't say anything at this time. But who knows what the future holds?"

Ong said Marvel Games has "lots of things in the works, quite a few in the console space that are unannounced." What has been announced is a game set in the Marvel Universe from Telltale Games and a new Spider-Man from Insomniac Games for PlayStation 4.

Capcom's license with Marvel expired in 2013. The Marvel vs. Capcom games and their downloadable content were pulled from Microsoft and Sony's online stores at the end of that year. Capcom hasn't been able to make changes to the games since.

Publisher Activision faced a similar situation in 2013 when some of its Marvel licenses expired. Games like Deadpool were removed from digital stores, but later returned, apparently after Activision and Marvel renegotiated some deals.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has remained popular with the fighting game community, despite its balance problems. The game will once again appear as a featured title at this year's Evo tournament, alongside newer fighting games Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I don't give a hot gay gently caress what Capcom does unless it's gently caress off and stop killing people's desire to play fighting games tbh

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I bought the humble bundle but already had most of the steam games. I gave away a few; does anybody want a copy of KoF 02UM or Metal Slug 3? Message me on Steam.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Fereydun posted:

names withheld to protect the innocent

https://a.pomf.cat/tzychj.webm

Why didnt he use the superior move Rising Tackle

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Night Blade posted:

Why didnt he use the superior move Rising Tackle

it's 'come on and slam' not 'come on and tackle'

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/FightingGameGif/status/744916187369316352

Can we just give Street Fighter to him?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

We haven't? :v:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

I just want a huge muscle man with gun hands

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Giving away some KoF keys for steam:

BDFK3-*I*MB-AZ4MH (KOF2002 Replace * for 8)

QZ4GN-H**KN-2P8IL (KOF '98 Replace * for E)

And Bonus Metal Slug games if someone wants them:
KX5G4-5RZN2-G0BJL (Metal Slug)
WWKR5-5GVC2-G3KW6 (Metal Slug 3)
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ePtddck28asn864H (Metal Slug X)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Giving away some KoF keys for steam:

Took the 98um, thx breh

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
I got Metal Slug 3, thanks man.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Now for a real question: As someone that Liked Mortal Kombat IX (I didn't play the recent one) and loved history mode, then played some random matches. Will I like MK X? Thinking on getting it during steam's summer sale, I'm an average fighting player and I love KOF games and old Street Fighter (IV never got me). Same question for Injustice, is it enjoyable at least playing the history mode on some characters?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I snagged 02UM, thanks man

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

As long as you can get them for cheap and only have zero interest in playing online, both those games will do you just fine. Injustice's story mode was corny but I really liked it and the STAR Labs stuff is worth messing around in.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Guillermus posted:

Now for a real question: As someone that Liked Mortal Kombat IX (I didn't play the recent one) and loved history mode, then played some random matches. Will I like MK X? Thinking on getting it during steam's summer sale, I'm an average fighting player and I love KOF games and old Street Fighter (IV never got me). Same question for Injustice, is it enjoyable at least playing the history mode on some characters?

Whatever you do, don't buy a WB/NRS game for PC. Stick to consoles for their releases.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Broken Loose posted:

For those of you attending CEO this upcoming weekend, it's hoagiefest at Wawa. All hoagies are $5.
I cannot believe I decided to skip CEO this year. I will regret this forever.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Grabbed Metal Slug X. Thanks a lot, this is by far my favorite Metal Slug game!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Guillermus posted:

If you enjoyed MK9 you will be fine as every NRS game feels the same. Injustice is fine on PC but MKX had an atrocious port and you should probably look elsewhere. Carpe diem.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll get injustice and forget about MKX since I've read a bit more about it and seems that WB hosed up PC players badly.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Didnt WB shortly after MKX release a practically unplayable Batman on Steam then pulled it to fix it then later just released it again completely unchanged?

You shouldnt buy WB pc games

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
NRS basically re-worked MKX entirely to fix the netcode, and WB decided that they simply wouldn't release it for PC players at all. Like, I don't care for MKX enough to buy it but even that pissed me off on behalf of my friends who bought the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Arkham Knight's tale is hilarious. They hired Iron Galaxy to do a port of a really lovely programmed game that already runs bad on consoles and to do it in like two months. And we all know what happened: the resulting debacle was so great that Valve had to speed up the deployment of Steam's refund process to deal with this and nuked the game out of the store. After promising they would get it fixed ("we have our best engineers working on it", is a quote from an interview), several months later WB offered the world a small patch that changed basically nothing, causing yet another debacle, this time so bad they had to give refunds to anyone who wanted them even though the maximum date for a refund on Steam is two months. Good job.

Gutcruncher posted:

You shouldnt buy WB pc games

That's alright, they aren't publishing there anymore, starting with Injustice 2.