Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No I won't because it doesn't matter. Here's some actual advice: if you're that insecure about your sexuality that a stranger telling another stranger to stop straightsplaining poo poo on an internet forum give you the vapors you need to focus on getting that in check because you'll crumble the first time you actually meet someone "offline" that has an issue with you and your sexual orientation.

nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

No I won't because it doesn't matter. Here's some actual advice: if you're that insecure about your sexuality that a stranger telling another stranger to stop straightsplaining poo poo on an internet forum give you the vapors you need to focus on getting that in check because you'll crumble the first time you actually meet someone "offline" that has an issue with you and your sexual orientation.

Wow you're a huge piece of poo poo.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Oh my god. Get a room, you two. Or at least take it to PMs.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Look, I know that the blue star next to your name means we're supposed to let you get away with whatever you want, but you are NOT coming off as a good person in this argument.

Yes, yes, I know, you don't care about my opinion either, but maybe you could at least try to cool off before responding...?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Holy poo poo. A week ago, 49 people were murdered in cold blood in the worst mass shooting in American history and people are getting all bent out of sorts about an rear end in a top hat on the internet?

Stop making GBS threads up this thread and if you want to yell at me do it over PM.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

Holy poo poo. A week ago, 49 people were murdered in cold blood in the worst mass shooting in American history and people are getting all bent out of sorts about an rear end in a top hat on the internet?

Stop making GBS threads up this thread and if you want to yell at me do it over PM.

Jesus man, maybe don't use the murder of 49 people to justify being an arsehole on the internet? Stop posting for the night and come back in the morning.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

That was way too far. Please just stop, go do something else, and come back later to apologize.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hey, folks, PM's and QCS are the place to confront mods or raise concerns about their behavior. I would hope that this thread could have better topics to engage in during these trying times. :smith:

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, folks, PM's and QCS are the place to confront mods or raise concerns about their behavior. I would hope that this thread could have better topics to engage in during these trying times. :smith:

Nostalgia is just a mod for Goons In Platoons, here I don't see why we can't treat them like any other goon. But yeah, I agree we should probably move onto a more productive subject with less Nostalgia4Infinity.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

It other news, I figured out I was definitely bi last week, even though I admitted it to a friend a couple years ago and have been jackin' it to dicks and dudes for like 12 years now. It's weird how I ever thought that was ambiguous.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's ambiguous if you have a presupposed concept of what "bi" is.

Which I imagine a lot of people do.

It is a bit of a broad term for everything other than a 0 or a 6 on the kinsey scale.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 20, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh come the gently caress on, they got called out and hid behind the still-warm bodies of their own goddamn community after starting a fight. If it were anyone else, they'd get 6 hours, minimum. loving hell, I hate when site moderators act like they're a privileged class and shelter their own.

Whatever, though. I'll be nice and let it drop.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pull up thread!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-20/istanbul-riot-police-break-up-lgbt-parade-with-tear-gas/7524772

LGBT: Turkish riot police fire tear gas, rubber bullets to break up Trans Pride parade in Istanbul

I met a very sweet Turkish boy in Istanbul a few years ago who recently discovered that she's trans, I haven't heard from her yet but it's rear end early in the morning there now so I hope she's just asleep :(

E: She's fine, didn't try to go to the parade at all thank god.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 20, 2016

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It is a bit of a broad term for everything other than a 0 or a 6 on the kinsey scale.

Yeah I definitely did, it's a lot more loosey goosey than I imagined. Like, just because sometimes I may not like one gender at that moment, doesn't mean I've somehow lost my bisexuality or whatever. Last week was pretty gay though, and that was really cool.

I think I supressed thinking of myself like that for a while because at school, the only openly gay kid routinely got his shins kicked the gently caress out of in school. It was horrible, I think we w ere rated one of the worse schools in England, so much so that they merged it with another to fudge the numbers, as well as introducing a bunch of bullshit BTECs to artificially say their students got so many qualifications. Absolute poo poo show all around. That lad is a lady now, and I dread to think how she would've been treated had she been openly trans at the time.

I think what triggered me was my best mate from that time coming out later on then recently posting a sexy photo of himself.

I've been really hating my home town for being so boring and poo poo, but I keep hearing of more people coming out and it makes me happy that lgbt people actually exist here and seem to be happy.

I'm going to a munch tomorrow, I've only been once before here and had a good time, even if I did nervously pace outside the place for probably an hour. I even went to my first ever kink event about two months ago and a dude force fed me a Jaffa cake which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but now I've started on keto, can't let that happen again.

Being force fed jaffa cakes isn't my kink or anything, that was just a thing that happened. Sorry if I'm being too blog posty or e/n but it's 4:30 and I can't sleep.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

VitalSigns posted:

Pull up thread!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-20/istanbul-riot-police-break-up-lgbt-parade-with-tear-gas/7524772

LGBT: Turkish riot police fire tear gas, rubber bullets to break up Trans Pride parade in Istanbul

I met a very sweet Turkish boy in Istanbul a few years ago who recently discovered that she's trans, I haven't heard from her yet but it's rear end early in the morning there now so I hope she's just asleep :(

One of my friends just defended her dissertation and went back to Turkey...She's not LGBT (as far as I know), but she is politically active and very liberal. gently caress. :sigh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:hf: kinsey 2-ish UK insomniac goon comrade.

We didn't have any openly gay students at my school, for which I'm thankful because I can't imagine that would have gone well for them.

I think a lot of people feel like bisexuality has to be 50/50 or you get lumped into one or the other. Kinda weird really.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I think another thing that isn't mentioned is that one's attractions to different genders may not feel the same.
Teenage me was all "But do I really like girls? I stare at their breasts, but it doesn't feel the same as looking at boys."

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

metalloid posted:

If I hadn't read this in the guardian I would've sworn it was the onion. Still might be from the kenyan counterpart, because I don't believe it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/16/kenya-upholds-use-of-anal-exam-to-determine-sexual-orientation

I wonder where they could have gotten that idea?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Megaspel posted:

You rely a lot on ad-hominem attacks I guess? Every time I see you shouting at someone I always want to side with the person you're attacking even if they're 100% in the wrong. You seem sarcastic to a fault, to the point where you put zero effort into your posts, especially when someone actually gives you something worth refuting. Also gently caress attacking people for their sexuality, even if they're heterosexual, as a bi dude that hurts, and I feel like I have to spell out my sexuality to you otherwise you may assume I'm straight and dismiss me, which would be annoying. I don't actually know if you would, but that's the vibe I get from your posts.

There's plenty of things wrong to point out, and maybe some of that can stem from hetrosexuality, or whiteness or whatever, but focusing on that seems counter productive and hypocritical.

:nallears:

(I don't give a poo poo what you think)

Megaspel posted:

Yeah I thought so.

Would you tell me anyone's thoughts you actually give a poo poo about? Or am I going to be responded to by another low effort single smiley response?

Imagined all of these with a lisp

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Control Volume posted:

Imagined all of these with a lisp

do tell

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Imagine an offensively stereotypical gay man saying "Here's some actual advice" while the editor throws in a bunch of dutch angles of the accompanying eyeroll with wooshing sounds and a narrator in the background says "looks like there's some tension between megaspel and nostalgia4infinity, but will these two make up...... or break up?" [the title GAY DRAMA slams onto the screen with a fiery thud]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh! Right! I get it, it's funny because they're GAY

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Man, this thread is so slow. The UKMT gets just about over 100x more posts. I would've thought that all the issues that lgbt people face all over the world, loads of people finding themselves and navigating dangerous social environments would at least inspire as much posting as the politics of the lovely little island I live on.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Wow, that probation seems super fair and even-handed. :v:

So does N4I have pictures of you, AA...? Or is this more of a quid pro quo thing where you can be a massive shitheel in GIP with no repercussions?

Megaspel posted:

Man, this thread is so slow. The UKMT gets just about over 100x more posts. I would've thought that all the issues that lgbt people face all over the world, loads of people finding themselves and navigating dangerous social environments would at least inspire as much posting as the politics of the lovely little island I live on.

I think it's because someone literally used the deaths of 50 LGBT people as a defense against their being called out for lovely behavior, and the moderators seem to be protecting them for it. The combination of lovely behavior and even shittier behavior would put a damper on any conversation.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 21, 2016

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Megaspel posted:

If you really want, I can bump up the blood donation thing again.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hermetic posted:

So does N4I have pictures of you, AA...? Or is this more of a quid pro quo thing where you can be a massive shitheel in GIP with no repercussions?

I think it's because someone literally used the deaths of 50 LGBT people as a defense against their being called out for lovely behavior, and the moderators seem to be protecting them for it. The combination of lovely behavior and even shittier behavior would put a damper on any conversation.

Oh gently caress off. What I meant was that in a world where horrific poo poo is happening it seems a bit silly to get all spun up over someone not showing a straight man enough deference when they roll in and try to explain that Clinton was actually a bad guy because DADT and it's repeal wasn't a big deal. Or was it because I called insect court out on being a jackass over blood donations? I've lost the narrative thread of what horrible things I've done. I know that I dropped it and walked away because I was asked to but you seem incapable of letting it go. So again if you want to yell at me some more feel free to PM me or an admin about it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I know that I dropped it and walked away because I was asked to

Hermetic posted:

Come back later to apologize.

That was some rotten poo poo, regardless of what you were going for with it.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Oh gently caress off. What I meant was that in a world where horrific poo poo is happening it seems a bit silly to get all spun up over someone not showing a straight man enough deference when they roll in and try to explain that Clinton was actually a bad guy because DADT and it's repeal wasn't a big deal. Or was it because I called insect court out on being a jackass over blood donations? I've lost the narrative thread of what horrible things I've done. I know that I dropped it and walked away because I was asked to but you seem incapable of letting it go. So again if you want to yell at me some more feel free to PM me or an admin about it.

You were rude as hell, and when people asked you to stop, you hid behind the loving Orlando shooting, you insufferable piece of poo poo.

I don't give a good goddamn what you were arguing about, get the gently caress out and never come back.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

That was some rotten poo poo, regardless of what you were going for with it.

You're right and I apologize for that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hermetic posted:

One of my friends just defended her dissertation and went back to Turkey...She's not LGBT (as far as I know), but she is politically active and very liberal. gently caress. :sigh:

One of my dearest friends is a Turk who just got engaged to her girlfriend and, uh, works for the Turkish government.

Her next email to me will probably cause my computer to ignite.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

GreyjoyBastard posted:

One of my dearest friends is a Turk who just got engaged to her girlfriend and, uh, works for the Turkish government.

Her next email to me will probably cause my computer to ignite.

Yeah, I should offer my sympathies to my friend as well. While she's shielded to some extent by being in a straight relationship, from what she's told me, this isn't over, and Turkey could get a lot worse before it gets better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hermetic posted:

in which the guy playing more progressive than thou is upset that someone got probated for a dumb 'haha lisping human being drama am I right' post.

Seriously my man read your last few posts and tell me you have any room to talk about insufferable and lovely posting, take a loving breath.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

do not argue with hermetic, it is not worth it

he spends a whole bunch of time in the de thread being mad that people won't let go of him being an rear end in a top hat, even though he's the one who keeps bringing it up and doing lovely non-apologies and talking down to everyone, this is literally his MO

he really needs to be fuckin probated for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's a mod conspiracy that a guy who said a stupid thing while being angry at a straight dude literally trying to tell him how to feel about a thing that happened to him wasn't shot in the street like a dog, now let me defend this guy talking about lisping homos

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Hermetic's MO is saying/defending some offensive poo poo, and then doubling/tripling/quadrupling/etc down and accusing every other person in the thread of being the REAL SHITHEADS who just came at him for no reason at all and absolutely refusing to let it die. Anytime anyone brings up something that could even in the vaguest sense be construed as maybe referring to him, he immediately flips out with "WATCH OUT FOR THE SHITHEADS IN THIS THREAD, THEY GOT REAL MAD AND ATTACKED ME FOR MY FUNNY JOKES AND THEY'RE ALL SCUM AND ALSO EVIL" and then whining that people are derailing the thread when they tell him to shut the gently caress up.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

in which the guy playing more progressive than thou is upset that someone got probated for a dumb 'haha lisping human being drama am I right' post.

Seriously my man read your last few posts and tell me you have any room to talk about insufferable and lovely posting, take a loving breath.

I saw it more as joking about it being silly drama. :shrug: N4I is still poo poo, though I give him props for apologizing.

You seem to be going down the same breathlessly angry road you're accusing me of, though, so you might wanna take a step back yourself, man. Have a nice night! :shobon:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hermetic is a gian piece of poo poo to everyone and then had a screaming meltdown because someone went "man this is some straight white mansplaining poo poo right here" and how dare you call him straight or white

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

I saw it more as joking about it being silly drama. :shrug: N4I is still poo poo, though I give him props for apologizing.

You seem to be going down the same breathlessly angry road you're accusing me of, though, so you might wanna take a step back yourself, man. Have a nice night! :shobon:

yo have you ever stopped to consider that maybe, considering the incredible lack of people on your side, some fault in these situations might lie with you

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Uhhh, so hi thread. When is Germany going to get gay married? It feels like they are very behind the western progress curve in this regard when you look at the West as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Cocks Cable posted:

Uhhh, so hi thread. When is Germany going to get gay married? It feels like they are very behind the western progress curve in this regard when you look at the West as a whole.

Wait, Germany? That's one of those things you never check on, because you just assume they've got that poo poo on lock...

Huh, yeah, they have civil unions (or an equivalent), and you pretty much have to treat same-sex partners like spouses, but no straight up marriage.

That is the loving weirdest thing. I expect better of Europe.

• Locked thread