Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i think it means sleeping from 3 am to 6 pm given rays lifestyle

3 AM seems really early to go to bed for a party dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ray stopped partying. He just doesn't subscribe to society's covenant re: proper hours.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192009

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Definitely 36 hours. It's like when people turn 30 and call it the big 3-0.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Was just reminded of this old favourite

http://www.achewood.com/?date=09102010

each of the four scenarios makes me lol

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ray has frustrations while trying to get his chang-chang wet.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

BitterAvatar posted:

Definitely 36 hours. It's like when people turn 30 and call it the big 3-0.

Plus there would be no reason to panic about calling your mom after 6pm on her birthday. The following day is when you panic.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Perhaps if it was your mom, but this is Ray's mom.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've had some incredibly unhealthy sleep habits at times and I am almost sure it is impossible to sleep for thirty-six hours. The most I've ever managed is low-twenties.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Onstad will reveal the meaning of 3-6...in the cookbook :troll:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Somberbrero posted:

I've had some incredibly unhealthy sleep habits at times and I am almost sure it is impossible to sleep for thirty-six hours. The most I've ever managed is low-twenties.

That is just the way this honest man plays the game.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

glug posted:

Perhaps if it was your mom, but this is Ray's mom.

"A mother can only have so much patience with Ray Smuckles" stands among the best alt texts.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

It is difficult for a human but entirely realistic for a cat.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there is very little i find as distressing as the phrase Restroom Eyes Gets His Way

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Somberbrero posted:

Been there. Takes a while to get used to how to move your body properly again.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Oxxidation posted:

It is difficult for a human but entirely realistic for a cat.

Wow do I feel dumb.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Presented without comment.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Can someone help me find a comic? Ray was in his Escalade doing something dumb while driving and some old lady curses him out, and he thinks about hiring her to roll with him, but then he like, throws money at her and drives off. I can't find it, the searching is terrible.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Loving Life Partner posted:

Can someone help me find a comic? Ray was in his Escalade doing something dumb while driving and some old lady curses him out, and he thinks about hiring her to roll with him, but then he like, throws money at her and drives off. I can't find it, the searching is terrible.

Second search result for "granny": http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08082008

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

My friend has a pepper; no sidesaddle.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I love that one, especially the last bit.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Raluek posted:

Nothing makes me giggle quite like "dong-razzled"

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Raluek posted:

Of course, the price of a bitcoin on 9/10/2010 (the date that strip was posted) was $0.06. Right now, it's at $714.90.I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure if Onstadt bought a thousand bucks in bitcoins the day he posted that strip, he could now buy Coca-Cola and turn them into an artisanal locallly-sourced green craft soda maker.

(This assumes you can find someone willing to buy nearly $12MM worth of buttcoins, I guess. I don't know much about them, but I hear that's a possible problem.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

High Lord Elbow posted:

Of course, the price of a bitcoin on 9/10/2010 (the date that strip was posted) was $0.06. Right now, it's at $714.90.I haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure if Onstadt bought a thousand bucks in bitcoins the day he posted that strip, he could now buy Coca-Cola and turn them into an artisanal locallly-sourced green craft soda maker.

(This assumes you can find someone willing to buy nearly $12MM worth of buttcoins, I guess. I don't know much about them, but I hear that's a possible problem.)

I think about what it would've been like if I was a dumb bitcoin early adopter sometimes. I would own a mansion.

But I think being a snarky rear end in a top hat for years about bitcoin was worth losing out on that.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Please do not edit achewood comics to include the eternally hilarious GBS joke item: bitcoins

please do not take this request as an invitation to edit it to include other favorite gbs jokes such as: star citizen, doobies dogs, or im gay

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

pro tip: bitcoins arent actually worth anything because nobody sells or buys them in anything but the smallest amount necessary to get weed off the internet, people just say they're worth 3 figures because it makes themselves feel better about having permanent brain damage from hotboxing their room with melting computer fumes

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Bitcoins are still an endless source of comedy.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Raluek posted:

Immediately followed by the best strip of that arc everyone except me hates.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 21, 2016

head58
Apr 1, 2013

We all from decades, you know?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rollersnake posted:

That's still a rough storyline, but not having to wait ten-fourteen days between strips has helped it out a bit.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What IS a "Neck-breathin' Earth-Gypsy" anyway?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Rollersnake posted:

'KOODGE' has a certain enduring comic quality about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

McKilligan posted:

'KOODGE' has a certain enduring comic quality about it.

Turns out there are two "KOODGE" cartoons. One of them is one of my favorites. The other one I also like.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I wouldn't really call it an "arc", but the four-strip vignette in which Nice Pete writes Ray's biography is solid gold, and I feel like it's too easy to forget because it was immediately followed up by the wedding.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
beep bop dootle dop

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Not now. My biographer's here.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I love how the little details, more than anything else, paint Nice Pete as completely detached from humanity's norms. Sure, he kills people, but stuff like "false* soda" is even creepier somehow.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

If anything, it's slightly unnerving to imagine Nice Pete just drinking a Coke.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Javid posted:

I love how the little details, more than anything else, paint Nice Pete as completely detached from humanity's norms. Sure, he kills people, but stuff like "false* soda" is even creepier somehow.

The Achewood text service is janky these days (how does that even happen?), but Nice Pete is extremely into the word "honest". The things and concepts he chooses to describe as "honest" are perfect windows into his mind (e.g. the pie in his flowchart is "honest-cooked, with a tender crust and firm filling"; the town where Rachael Ray lives is populated with "tired men in honest caps walk dogs that have real problems"; Dickey Betts stands "an honest five foot nine"). I've always really been impressed with Nice Pete as a character for the way Onstad kept him so consistent while still being able to have fun with him.

Here, have a nice picture of Nice Pete I found while trying and failing to collate more satisfying examples for this post:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Javid posted:

Nice Pete's norms can be described as deep South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The "Saturday" Men.

I mean, apparently.