Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

EmmyOk posted:

imo cut all your hair off, there're loads of benefits. It dries quickly, impossible to have a bad hair day (comparatively), better idea of what your skull looks like, make new friends. Just the other day a guy called Luxus bought me a coffee out of nowhere and asked if I wanted to go boot shopping with him. Very cool.

e: just got a text from him asking how my carpentry is, def recommend the clean cut :coal:

Dude don't leave us hanging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
How is your carpentry?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mediocre at best but I was so excited to be part of a new group of friends (even have a group halloween costume planned) that I lied and said they were hella sick. It's just my cross to bear I guess :saddowns:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
If someone bought me coffee and then asked about my carpentry I would take that as innuendo

Is that innuendo

That's innuendo, right?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

There's no such thing as an awesome chinstrap.

I'm your huckleberry.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Do you think that is a chin strap?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VendaGoat posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

That's not a chin strap, that's a Van Dyke.
A chinstrap is a 1" wide or less line of beard that follows the jaw and is typically not combined with a moustache.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The both of you can go blow yourselves as yes, depending upon whom you talk to, those are either Van Dykes or, Handlebar and chin strips.

This world is bigger than either you two or myself. Learn.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Please do not be ashamed that you did not know what the facial hair that describes itself looks like, it is okay :shobon:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Elsa posted:

If someone bought me coffee and then asked about my carpentry I would take that as innuendo

Is that innuendo

That's innuendo, right?

I'll buy you a coffee and then we can talk about polishing wood

;)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

Please do not be ashamed that you did not know what the facial hair that describes itself looks like, it is okay :shobon:

Are you opining that I am incorrect in my assertion that, that particular style of facial hair can and is also refereed to as a Handlebar and chinstrip?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
None of those are chinstraps or strips.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Are you opining that I am incorrect in my assertion that, that particular style of facial hair can and is also refereed to as a Handlebar and chinstrip?

The Joss Whedon writing course is going well then

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
*deep breath in* ahhhh we have another sandwich debate brewing.

Moderator, I will defer to you, would you be so kind as to allow me to derail the thread for a bit to elucidate upon my knowledge of facial hair?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You paid for the platinum package I guess

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

VendaGoat posted:

Moderator, I will defer to you, would you be so kind as to allow me to derail the thread for a bit to elucidate upon my knowledge of facial hair?

No, and also, none of those were chinstraps.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

No, and also, none of those were chinstraps.

I disagree, however, I also will defer to you.

:)

More selfies! :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

VendaGoat posted:

Strap =\= strip.
The under-lip triangle is a soul patch.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Handlebar= Tom Selleck or Tom of Finland. Chinstrap= either "the rebel" or "the quirky one" in a late 90's/early 00's boy band

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

Handlebar= Tom Selleck or Tom of Finland. Chinstrap= either "the rebel" or "the quirky one" in a late 90's/early 00's boy band

Selleck would be a pushbroom.
Handlebar would have the edges going down the sides of the mouth to varying degrees of intensity like Sam Elliot.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:kimchi: I love it when you guys argue about mustaches.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cash crab posted:

:kimchi: I love it when you guys argue about mustaches.

VendaGoat is wrong about a lot of things. I think it's because he's handsome and grew up in a bubble where no one criticized him.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

VendaGoat is wrong about a lot of things. I think it's because he's handsome and grew up in a bubble where no one criticized him.

loving :lol:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Jon Hamm bubble is a high goal that frankly people should be careful about claiming.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe so but he's right about one thing, VVVVV that's a drat good look

VendaGoat posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

The Jon Hamm bubble is a high goal that frankly people should be careful about claiming.

Claiming Jon Hamm is basically my life's ambition.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No doubt. Val Kilmer rocking that style is pro-tier style.
Gosh dang!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I feel like his only flaw is that surname and even then it just highlights how perfect he is in every other way. I think maybe Fight Club Brad Pitt is the most handsome guy ever though

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sorry for what I've started.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EmmyOk posted:

American soldiers be wearing their chin straps like this

English guys have it all up around their lips

But yeah, that poster is probably wrong

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I'm sorry for what I've started.

You are blameless in this endeavor. Delight in your ignorance and be happy.

Cheers!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Everyone: The sky is blue

sorry guys follow the beat of my own drum and gonna have to go my own way on this one ;)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EmmyOk posted:

I feel like his only flaw is that surname and even then it just highlights how perfect he is in every other way. I think maybe Fight Club Brad Pitt is the most handsome guy ever though

I'm only a little gay but I would lick pudding off his abs in that movie.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ok so which version is best? When he has the hair wearing the HUSTLER top (you know the one) or later when he shaves his head and he looks rough but his eyes just scream I'll hold you if you love me.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I'm only a little gay but I would kick pudding off his abs in that movie.

Why the hell would you kick the pudding :confused:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a decent competitor in the astonishingly handsome contest as well.

It occurs to me I may have a thing for slimeballs.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

Everyone: The sky is blue

sorry guys follow the beat of my own drum and gonna have to go my own way on this one ;)

check out my sick moustache

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think that's because it's hard not to love Jaime because even when he is in the roughest situations he manages to be a glorious poo poo head

Apparently NCW is a super sweet guy though. Also Hugh Dancy in Hannibal is great because of ~*The Gaze*~

You can't teach tremulous like that

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a decent competitor in the astonishingly handsome contest as well.

It occurs to me I may have a thing for slimeballs.

A lot of people do.

The world makes sense as a contest between pretty irresponsible assholes who've been handed love and affection for being born tall and blond and the more diminutive people who scheme against that prettiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EmmyOk posted:

Ok so which version is best? When he has the hair wearing the HUSTLER top (you know the one) or later when he shaves his head and he looks rough but his eyes just scream I'll hold you if you love me.

Buzzed hair and fur collared coat, obviously.