Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Don't judge me. At least my cars (usually) last me longer than my motorcycle ADD.
Not judging. The EB to GT switch is fairly common. And a good choice ;)

Though now I'm wondering how long until you move to a Shelby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Recaros are manual adjustment. I don't believe you can get the 401a with pp??

Actually I think i've seen it before but you lose the recaros? Now I don't know.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

Recaros are manual adjustment. I don't believe you can get the 401a with pp??

Actually I think i've seen it before but you lose the recaros? Now I don't know.
Its a bloody waste of money, but I know you can get 401A with recaros. I know you lose the heat/cooled effect, it's the power adjustment aspect I wasn't sure of.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I actually considered a Shelby over the GT but 1) I dont want to wait. 2) WNY Doesn't get many of them and most of them go to private bid outs from the dealer and I dont feel like paying $10k+ over MSRP for one. Mostly I just want the enjoyment of being back in a V8 for both the sound/performance and the fact that I'm now spending even more time in my car with my new job than I was when I bought the ecoboost, so I may as well enjoy the fucker to the maximum.

Plus the wife is making me promise that this car will last at least 3 years, since I've swapped out my vehicles every 8-10 months for the last 4 years or so... heh.

RE: Power Seats

The Recaros in the 400A / 401A are manual adjustment, no heat/cool, all leather. They still have 6 way adjustment but none of it is electronic. The seats have no power connector and the heat/cool buttons are removed from the dash.

You can get the 401A upgrade but really all you get are the extra LEDs on the car, the speaker enhancements, and the annoyance of your car beeping every time you get within 50ft of something in reverse.

Ford 401A posted:

Features include:

Shaker™ Pro Audio System with 12 speakers
HD Radio™
Driver’s seat, mirrors, and ambient lighting with memory feature
BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert

Its a total waste of $1800.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 19, 2016

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Digital_Jesus posted:

Plus the wife is making me promise that this car will last at least 3 years, since I've swapped out my vehicles every 8-10 months for the last 4 years or so... heh.

Jesus Christ, dude.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I actually really like my memory seats.
Blind spot detection I don't really care about and I ended up redoing my audio anyway.

So yeah most of it is a waste of money.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Cage posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RkxDiFveuj-2-r9VW_HHGnN0CuQugR0D_DmZvyPEIwU/edit#gid=0

That is quite a gap, I see one 07 GT. :v:

Don't know about everyone else but for me it was just too big of a price jump for V8s compared to new edge V8s. This was my first big boy car and I wasn't prepared to spend more than 10k on a car yet.

As the owner of said 07 GT...

I spent only slightly over 10k for mine.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
Also, a photo of how it sits today:

New wheels just put on yesterday in preparation for the Brembo kit getting installed this upcoming week.

MBRP exhaust going on at the same time. Next month, MM Road/Track grip box.

Then I get to upgrade the power :)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

I actually really like my memory seats.
Blind spot detection I don't really care about and I ended up redoing my audio anyway.

So yeah most of it is a waste of money.
I'm finding memory seats would be nice, but I still don't think it's worth the package money.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Just put down my deposit for the Mustang V8 2016 model, however we need it shipped all the way from :911: to little ol :britain: so I'm looking at March which will give me a 2017 number plate and the chance to save more of a deposit to keep my monthly payments down.

Also going to invest in the Pilot super sport tyres you guys recommended as I don't want to total the loving thing.

Very happy but this will probably be my last fun car need to be more sensible next time, just sucks I have to wait so long will be a nice late xmas present to myself I guess :v:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Got a call confirming they got the dealer trade all set.

Shes mine.

:getin:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please update the spreadsheet accordingly. My car has a whole engine now :colbert:

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 21, 2016

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
I'm not sure I'd spring for the Recaros in a 2015+, since the factory seats feel pretty close to the same, just with slightly less aggressive bolstering.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Recaros are the only option I didn't get on my '16. The premium seats are pretty drat nice, and I didn't want to pay extra to give up the rear end vents.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, the standard leather seats are pretty fantastic. I never even bothered checking out a car with Recaros.

edit: Plus, around here I was just happy to find a Premium with 3 pedals.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

As a tall dude I find the recaros the be much more comfortable in depth and the headrest, plus the extra side support is nice.

I can see why people would pass on them though.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Getting in and out of a bolstered seats are a pain in the rear end and there is no way to get in or out of one while trying to look classy.
but try going into a corner at speed in one and its AMAZING because your body is held into place.

If you want to run your car through the twisties with a stock seat, then you will want to get cloth seats because the friction from the seat will hold you in place.
with leather you will slide around. with out anything to compare it too though I can see why some people would say the stock mustang seats in the current models are pretty awesome.
current stock seats compared to the 94-2004 models they are all better. even the 05 seat is pretty fantastic.

Recaros are so ungodly expensive, I would recommend you buy them with the car because they are cheaper than getting them individually that way.
Then you can sell them for slightly less than what they cost new and still make a profit. Then you can put in whatever chair you want later.

Here is a side by side comparison for the 99-04 seats. they both look the same in terms of height and width. They have an almost similar lower bolster setup.
but the bolsters on the aftermarket seat look lower and smaller than the stock seats but they are rock hard and they are not forgiving in anyway, shape or form.
You have to kind of sit in the seat side saddle like and then then swing your legs over into the seat.

The Recaros vs stock seats in the current mustangs are pretty much the same in an appearance stand point. If you are gonna throw the car around you want the Recaros.
if you are cruising downtown, stock seats are perfect.

The stock seats are complete mush and do not hold you in place whatsoever.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 21, 2016

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
S550 seats are decent. They are mostly lacking in shoulder support but I do find myself pressing my knee against the door a lot to hold me also.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Kalvick I found your next car for when you sell your high mileage piece of crap

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/5646697841.html

Thats 178 miles a year.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Buhbuhj posted:

S550 seats are decent. They are mostly lacking in shoulder support but I do find myself pressing my knee against the door a lot to hold me also.

I honestly don't notice the shoulder bolsters when I am driving. Its weird when you get a new seat, and your body wants to use the knee to press against the door but you realize you are not sliding over.
Its nice :)

Cage posted:

Kalvick I found your next car for when you sell your high mileage piece of crap
https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/5646697841.html
Thats 178 miles a year.

You can tell this owner obviously street raced it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rumour mill is rumoring 10-speed on 2018 model.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

El Scotch posted:

Considering GM is putting it into the new Camaros and it's a shared design, it'd make sense.

On a related note I went to the local dealer because I'm considering a GT350 and talked to the salesman a bit and he offered me to check out a GT while I was there but I told him I was only really interested in the GT350. Since they understandably don't want to give out test drives in that I asked if I could try one of the GTs and got told they're only for test driving if I was going to buy one and since I was only looking at GT350s I couldn't drive any Mustangs they had. So gently caress you Al Spitzer Ford and I hope your little bumpkin dealership continues to get crushed by the other local dealers who are actually not giant retards about test driving a 38k car.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

For said rumour: 10-Speed Auto Transmission (10R80) All But Confirmed for 2018 Mustang

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

What Chrysler put a 8 speed in their cars! gently caress them and gently caress 9 speeds we are going 10! How long until we end up with truck style half gears in cars?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Jymmybob posted:

Considering GM is putting it into the new Camaros and it's a shared design, it'd make sense.

On a related note I went to the local dealer because I'm considering a GT350 and talked to the salesman a bit and he offered me to check out a GT while I was there but I told him I was only really interested in the GT350. Since they understandably don't want to give out test drives in that I asked if I could try one of the GTs and got told they're only for test driving if I was going to buy one and since I was only looking at GT350s I couldn't drive any Mustangs they had. So gently caress you Al Spitzer Ford and I hope your little bumpkin dealership continues to get crushed by the other local dealers who are actually not giant retards about test driving a 38k car.

That is laughably loving retarded, but, well, dealerships lol.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Hell I went to the fuckin maserati dealer and they pretty much went "yeah heres the keys dont crash".

lmao who the gently caress says no to test rides?

(Apparently Al Spitzer Ford)

E: wait I knew that dealer name sounded familiar. lmao don't live in cuyahoga. Ohio sucks.

BigPaddy posted:

What Chrysler put a 8 speed in their cars! gently caress them and gently caress 9 speeds we are going 10! How long until we end up with truck style half gears in cars?

Until they start making 10+ ton cars probably not.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 22, 2016

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Digital_Jesus posted:

Hell I went to the fuckin maserati dealer and they pretty much went "yeah heres the keys dont crash".

lmao who the gently caress says no to test rides?

(Apparently Al Spitzer Ford)

E: wait I knew that dealer name sounded familiar. lmao don't live in cuyahoga. Ohio sucks.

I know it. I've never been turned down a test drive except, ironically my SRT Jeep (purchased a mile from that dealership). but I can understand on cars that dealers get only very limited numbers of. I was even in that very SRT JGC which was more expensive than their marked-up sticker on the GT350 so I don't get it other than that dealership is a bunch of douches.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

From my experiences, the exotic dealerships are much more likely to just let you go out in a car than a Chevy or Ford place. I'm not sure why except the poors probably don't try to test drive Porsches very often.

wallaka fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 22, 2016

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

wallaka posted:

From my experiences, the exotic dealerships are much more likely to just let you go out in a car than a Chevy or Ford place. I'm not sure why except the poors probably don't try to test drive Porsches very often.

Motorcycles are the same way. You can ride any of the boutique brands (Ducati, BMW, etc) generally with no issue. But the Japanese brands? gently caress no.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

wallaka posted:

That's my experience with BMW dealerships. One of them let me drive off with a 100k M6 with almost no thought, the Ford place in town really super didn't want to let me drive the Boss 302 at all.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

wallaka posted:

Mine too. I enjoyed going to dealers direct from work in Carhart work pants and stained shirts just to see how they react. No one gave me poo poo except non-luxury domestics and BMW. Ganley BMW is a clownshow where the dude wouldn't let me pull out onto a slow road in a loving 335d and the salesman proceeded to heavily spin the tires pulling out and almost get us hit before pulling into a gas station lot for me to take over. I came in driving an S4 so I don't know what he was thinking but I've been to that dealer like 4 times and every time it's a shitshow. Also their service department always has a customer in a BMW racing jacket so lol

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
It's stories like these that make me appreciate my local Ford dealership more, they seem like good people.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Gwaihir posted:

That's my experience with BMW dealerships. One of them let me drive off with a 100k M6 with almost no thought, the Ford place in town really super didn't want to let me drive the Boss 302 at all.

BMW has awesome dealerships in this regard. I even came in wearing like jeans and a t-shirt and was able to take out a M235i by myself.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

El Scotch posted:

They'd be really dumb not to.

I'm kind've surprised the 2017 doesn't have it.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Jymmybob posted:

It was a long time ago, but when I was 21 and shopping for my first new car, my local Chevy dealer at the time wouldn't let me test drive a $13k Beretta GT with like 140 HP. Anyway, probably worked out in my favor since I got a V8 Thunderbird instead. (Which was kind of a POS in its own right but that's another story.)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Number_6 posted:

It was a long time ago, but when I was 21 and shopping for my first new car, my local Chevy dealer at the time wouldn't let me test drive a $13k Beretta GT with like 140 HP. Anyway, probably worked out in my favor since I got a V8 Thunderbird instead. (Which was kind of a POS in its own right but that's another story.)

I love your redtext, and kinda want to steal it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Jymmybob posted:

Also as someone that just went from what was essentially a GT++ to the GT350, fire away with any questions!
(Shortest answer is that it's so far beyond the normal GTs that it's a completely different car, and the only thing that you can really learn about it from the GT is whether you like the interior /SYNC3/etc or not.)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only shop at dealers that let me take cars overnight. I can't tell what a piece of crap the car is until I let my kids yank on every interior part to see if it falls apart. Plus I need to know if it fits in my junk filled garage.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Man they are milking the poo poo out of this: http://jalopnik.com/dear-mustang-owners-here-is-how-to-leave-cars-and-coff-1782425960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Gawker sites running a meme into the turf??