Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

There's also a bonus to food/scrap/vendor production based on your happiness starting at 25% happiness. At 100% happiness, your workbench will have more food/scrap/caps than at 50% happiness.

Also, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/43rcts/the_math_behind_your_settlers_happiness/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Otacon posted:

There's also a bonus to food/scrap/vendor production based on your happiness starting at 25% happiness. At 100% happiness, your workbench will have more food/scrap/caps than at 50% happiness.

Also, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/43rcts/the_math_behind_your_settlers_happiness/

Right, exactly. The robots are locked at average happiness.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOU GUYS PUMPED FOR CONTRAPTIONS?!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Inzombiac posted:

It seems like a really cool DLC if there was any reason to ever want or need to mass produce food, guns or ammo.

But there isn't.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Absolutely. You got Factorio in my Fallout! I love it!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I'm interested to see what sort of things people make using the logic gates, and a little bit pumped for the armor/weapon stands, and only slightly interested in seeing what the greenhouse/warehouse kits are, but otherwise, no not really. Elevators aren't really that crucial to any settlements I build, but we'll see.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

If nothing else, we can put Marcy Long in stocks.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm going to build Sheffield his own automated Nuka Cola factory.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Zutaten posted:

I'm going to build Sheffield his own automated Nuka Cola factory.

I can't wait for next month so I can give the Vault-Tec Rep the vault he always deserved.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I want to see a lot of videos of dumb factories.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Has anyone else noticed the TES Dwarven head at one of the Mass Transit entries?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
^^^ those are art deco futuristic heads

Being able to mass produce ammo would be great. I'd really like to be able to build up settlements in a playthrough and just never trade with the preexisting shops or anything.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Arsten posted:

Has anyone else noticed the TES Dwarven head at one of the Mass Transit entries?

I was wondering about that. Is it actually the same model?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Arsten posted:

That's been a thing since Fallout 1, nothing Dawrven about it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Seashell Salesman posted:

^^^ those are art deco futuristic heads

Being able to mass produce ammo would be great. I'd really like to be able to build up settlements in a playthrough and just never trade with the preexisting shops or anything.

Yeah, it seems to only require fertilizer and some other materials. You might be limited to crappy guns and starting ammo if you don't have levels in Gun Nut, I think.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

President Ark posted:

if you have good CHA (or pop some chems before the shooting starts) you can also talk him down to the point where he gives you ten seconds to leave before opening fire

e: I think the option to do that only shows up if you managed to also talk the girl into leaving first, so if you've never done that, that's why you've never seen that option before

If you have high charisma, you can convince him that she's a worthless dame who is using him, so he tells her off and she runs off AND you get the 10 seconds.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I haven't looked into it yet, but can you make things like fiber optics and some of the trickier scrap with Contraptions?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Some European guy mentioned he made weather changing fireworks.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I AM GOOD SIR/MADAM. Going to turn a few settlements into mill towns, fake a larger functioning economy instead of having twenty plus subsistence farms. Looking forward to the display racks too so I can show off my Silver Shroud outfit.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Is this new stuff going to come with a raise in the cap of stuff you can place on a settlement.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Probably not

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

graynull posted:

I haven't looked into it yet, but can you make things like fiber optics and some of the trickier scrap with Contraptions?

I don't think you can make scrap. If anything it works the other way around, with you making clutter items (and weapons and armour and food) out of components. You still have to get the input components the hard way.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Otacon posted:

Elevators aren't really that crucial to any settlements I build, but we'll see.

I have one spot they'll be very useful. I've converted Hangman's Alley into a 3 story tenement.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

lite_sleepr posted:

This game is so bad, but I want to play it again for the expansions.

How do I fortify myself for a day 1 level 1 play through again?

"I dislike this game but want to pay more for it and spend longer playing it" :psyduck:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

I have one spot they'll be very useful. I've converted Hangman's Alley into a 3 story tenement.

I similarly plan to use an elevator at Greygarden to get to that overpass easier.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Needs survival mode transport catapaults, otherwise 3/5 stars.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I wonder if settlers will use elevators in a more natural way than stairs. They seem to get very confused by stairwells in large buildings and I practically never see them using the stairs.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm only interested in contraptions if I can make some sort of fully automated adhesive factory that'll get fed automatically by the farms. I'm guessing this isn't going to happen.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Seashell Salesman posted:

I wonder if settlers will use elevators in a more natural way than stairs. They seem to get very confused by stairwells in large buildings and I practically never see them using the stairs.

My settlers love using the stairs, as they often enjoy walking up half a flight and standing there awkwardly until I shoot them in the face.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm actually waiting till the DLC drops to do some building just because I need elevators.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Here's my big question: How come we're still using an Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch? If all the fixes are addressed in it, that means they're known - how come Bethesda can't fix them officially?

I'd also kill for a non-stupid NPC pathing patch where Settlers have an IQ you can count on two hands instead of one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Unormal posted:

Needs survival mode transport catapaults, otherwise 3/5 stars.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14969/

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Azhais posted:

I'm only interested in contraptions if I can make some sort of fully automated adhesive factory that'll get fed automatically by the farms. I'm guessing this isn't going to happen.

It might work that way, not sure. One of the guys doing videos definitely had a factory that had adhesives on a conveyor. Not sure if it was pulling straight from the farms or not.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I want this to also make it so all of Preston's dialog is now booming in all directions, as if you were being talked to by God himself.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Otacon posted:

Here's my big question: How come we're still using an Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch? If all the fixes are addressed in it, that means they're known - how come Bethesda can't fix them officially?

I'd also kill for a non-stupid NPC pathing patch where Settlers have an IQ you can count on two hands instead of one.

it's entirely possible that the items in the unofficial patch have never been reported to Bethesda through their feedback page, or not reported frequently (due to the unofficial patch) and therefore assigned low priority. arth doesn't believe in the official channels for reporting bugs because he's a special snowflake.

so basically you have to hope QA guys and programmers have enough pull to look at the unofficial patch, figure out how to reproduce issues, determine if intended or not, design fix, etc. and their boss may ask "why waste the time" if few people complain about those low impact issues.

tldr-- report bugs to bethsoft early, often, and through every customer interface they have if you want then fixed. and get others to do the same.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Otacon posted:

In a word, Arthmoor.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Shakenbaker posted:

I want this to also make it so all of Preston's dialog is now booming in all directions, as if you were being talked to by God himself.

You step outside from a random building after completing a quest, and Preston's face appears in the clouds.

"Another settlement needs our help."

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Shakenbaker posted:

Right before the catapult fires, mother murphy in a jet induced haze pushes him off and lands on the catapult pad. Now. Wherever you go.... she is with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'd be okay with that so long as she keeps dispensing visions.

• Locked thread