Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Lurdiak posted:

Lockjaw is way cooler than any X-men.

:colbert: and if he were a core member of any team book, then this would be a point in the Inhumans favor. But he's not. And that's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Why aren't there more dog superheros? Everyone gets excited about the first black, female, and asian comic leads, but there has yet to be a dog-centric hero.

Wolverine is a dog hero.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You can't just start not counting the good inhumans on technicalities.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Maybe this is better suited for the comic thread but I read through All-New Inhumans and Uncanny Inhumans in the last couple days and they're just...okay. All-New was a bit more my speed, but I'm still not really excited about these characters.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I just find the concept of Inhumans a lot less interesting than the X-Men (who, mind, I'm not a huge fan of anyway)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I meant live-action movie star. Where is my gritty underdog reboot? What breed are they going to cast as Lockjaw?

Phase 4 announcements are coming soon. Marvel needs to get on this.

If you're looking for gritty streets-and-rooftops dog heroes, let me direct your attention to this martial arts punchpooch in the Daredevil/Shang Chi tradition:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Squizzle posted:

If you're looking for gritty streets-and-rooftops dog heroes, let me direct your attention to this martial arts punchpooch in the Daredevil/Shang Chi tradition:

Holy poo poo, one of the new Hanna Barbera comics should absolutely be a 70s Marvel Claremont-style kung fu Hong Kong Phooey comic.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Unmature posted:

Holy poo poo, one of the new Hanna Barbera comics should absolutely be a 70s Marvel Claremont-style kung fu Hong Kong Phooey comic.

Who would be the Luke Cage to Hong Kong Phooey's Iron Fist?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Travis343 posted:

Magilla Gorilla

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unmature posted:

Magilla Gorilla

I neeeeeeeeed this comic.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Travis343 posted:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only one Hanna-Barbera character shows the flying to Latveria over $200 dedication of Luke Cage, and that's Yogi Bear.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Unmature posted:

Magilla Gorilla

Racist.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The great Grape Ape.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
The Hair Bear Bunch as the Wrecking Crew

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I'd pay in blood to see a Ghost Rider/Wacky Races movie. *Flaming skulled Muttley "sshhhhsshhhshhhh" chortle*

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wasn't Wolverine at some point supposed to be an actual Wolverine whose mutant power made him human?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Wasn't Wolverine at some point supposed to be an actual Wolverine whose mutant power made him human?

He was going to be evolved by the High Evolutionary I think, but yes.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
The real question is why there aren't more bear superheroes.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

greatn posted:

Yes. Basically every attempt at explaining Wolverine's past is awful.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

qntm posted:

The real question is why there aren't more bear superheroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlrSZNIcc3I

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

He was going to be evolved by the High Evolutionary I think, but yes.

I still say Jessica Drew being a hyper-evolved spider was a way more interesting origin than the weird Hydra poo poo she has going on now.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Generic Spy is second only to Generic Solider as far as boring backstories go.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
When we eventually have Dr. Strange in the MCU I'm hoping for Thor: Vikings to be adapted.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

Why aren't there more dog superheros? Everyone gets excited about the first black, female, and asian comic leads, but there has yet to be a dog-centric hero.

When the movie people get to the Top Ten adaptation, you'll get a real dog superhero.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Apparently, Justice League set visit embargo is being lifted at 9AM Eastern tomorrow. Highly atypical for an embargo to be lifted this far in advance of a film's release (Marvel usually embargoes theirs for 9-12 months), but I guess WB marketing has a narrative they really want to push.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hannibal Buress has been cast in Spider-Man Homecoming. They haven't said what his part is going to be so who knows what is going on with this movie. Maybe one day Hannibal will finally actually star in a movie instead of just being a supporting actor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hannibal as Norman and Glover as Harry

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're the same age.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
MOLTEN MAN

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I'm okay with Hannibal being JJJ.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

That's fine. He could rock the Michael Jordan mustache, too

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I just want someone to be JJJ.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

goldenoreos posted:

I'm okay with Hannibal being JJJ.

Dear God please be true.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Hannibal Buress has been cast in Spider-Man Homecoming. They haven't said what his part is going to be so who knows what is going on with this movie. Maybe one day Hannibal will finally actually star in a movie instead of just being a supporting actor.

As much as I would love this, he's just so god drat good at playing off of other people.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
You're all wrong, War Machine has just been re-cast again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I just want someone to be JJJ.

I don't believe in Spider-man. I mean I believe in him cuz he exists, but I don't respect the concept.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chill Penguin posted:

You're all wrong, War Machine has just been re-cast again.
They should do Reign of War. There's a hip young Fight Machine, a 70s styled fly Jive Machine, a gritty Kill Machine and then Don Cheadle can be the broodtastic 'Borg Machine

Unmature
May 9, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

"Hey! He stole that guy's pizzas!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hannibal is going to be JJJ and just print stories about Cosby.

• Locked thread