Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Light gun games also don't work on modern televisions, so if you wanna play duck hunt or break out the super scope you're going to need an old TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

HairyManling posted:

Why would you read this thread, but block LoB? LoB provides some of the most amazing idiots on social media I've ever seen.

He's on mobile, and LoB has posted some hugeass novels before, so that's a possibility.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah, it's this- old pixelly game graphics were often designed with the blurring effect of the CRT screen in mind, doing some pretty neat stuff with colors to make the most of the lovely material they had available. Something that looks great on a CRT looks like horrible junk on HD because it's all crisp and clear and loses its intended look.

Emulators now provide phosphor glow and even screen curvature effects. Nobody misses the weird RF distortion however.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I got Mega Man Legacy Collection on PS4 today and discovered there's a "TV screen" mode on it that makes the game looks like poo poo with scanlines, blur, and ghosting, and I love it because it looks like when I would play MM4 on my grandmother's CRT years ago. It actually looks kinda... right.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

HairyManling posted:

Why would you read this thread, but block LoB? LoB provides some of the most amazing idiots on social media I've ever seen.

I skip most of his posts because they're too long to bother reading. :shrug:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Tiggum posted:

I skip most of his posts because they're too long to bother reading. :shrug:

Me too, but largely because my eyes start to glaze over about a paragraph in and I need to go have an advil.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheKennedys posted:

Me too, but largely because my eyes start to glaze over about a paragraph in and I need to go have an advil.

I read the beginning, then the end and then read the reactions.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Puppy Time posted:

He's on mobile, and LoB has posted some hugeass novels before, so that's a possibility.

That's my reason for blocking LoB. I ain't reading all that horseshit.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Old friend of mine became vegan a while back, which is cool and all even if I wouldn't make the same choice myself.

But he keeps sharing these loving comics from someone called Vegan Sidekick. I'd swear they had to be a parody of self-righteous vegans but apparently they are 100% unironic:

plehehe

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?
I'll never really understand the logic behind the whole "if you love animals, why do you eat meat?" thing. I don't love all animals equally. It's possible to love your cat or dog and also enjoy hamburgers and chicken nuggets, because cats and dogs are awesome while chickens and cows are gross and dumb. I don't care about chickens any more than I care about cockroaches or rats or whatever.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
I am 100% certain that if I wandered out into my yard, had a heart attack and died my chickens would eat me without a second thought. Seems only fair that I do the same to them.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I used to work on a group home in an old farmhouse, where one of the residents raised ducks and chickens.

The chickens would fight eachother to eat chicken scraps we threw out off the back porch.

I have no compunctions about eating some aggressive cannibalistic bullshit leftover dinosaur.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q91dUtDYkU
NMS It's a deer eating a dead bird

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

As I understand it, many/most of the animals we regard as "strict herbivores" will opportunistically eat animal matter.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Every vegan comic seems to follow the same pattern. Here's your carnist bloodmouth strawman, show his lack of logic, compassion, etc.

I'm starting to get the idea that vegans aren't actually trying to bring anyone around to their side so much as they want their admittedly difficult lifestyle choice to have a prize in the form of making GBS threads on other people.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Otisburg posted:

I used to work on a group home in an old farmhouse, where one of the residents raised ducks and chickens.

The chickens would fight eachother to eat chicken scraps we threw out off the back porch.

I have no compunctions about eating some aggressive cannibalistic bullshit leftover dinosaur.

I'm pretty sure most humans would eat human meat if pushed far enough.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jippa posted:

From Otisburg's post it doesn't sound like the chickens were in any sort of Andes plane crash situation.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jippa posted:

Sure, but these chickens were fed normally, the scraps were just an extra treat. Of the flesh of their kin. That they hurt and attacked each other to get to.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I love animals but I also believe in the food chain AND ALL YA'LL MOTHERFUCKERS LOST AT EVOLUTION BITCHES *does a sick kickflip before slitting a cow's throat and bathing in its blood*

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Jippa posted:

You don't have to push me, as long as it's prepared right and it isn't brains or stuff touchin brains

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Serperoth posted:

From Otisburg's post it doesn't sound like the chickens were in any sort of Andes plane crash situation.

Yes but do you think it even realises that the meat it is eating is chicken? It wasn't a moral choice it made.

Otisburg posted:

Sure, but these chickens were fed normally, the scraps were just an extra treat. Of the flesh of their kin. That they hurt and attacked each other to get to.

Again though, do you think a chicken understands it's living situation?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jippa posted:

I don't think, generally speaking, that chickens understand much of anything. That's what makes them probably the most okay animal to eat!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Otisburg posted:

I don't think, generally speaking, that chickens understand much of anything. That's what makes them probably the most okay animal to eat!

Fair enough I agree.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The chicken's inability to understand morality means that every action it takes is neither moral nor amoral.

It is truly free.

To slather itself in barbecue sauce and jump on my plate.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Otisburg posted:

As I understand it, many/most of the animals we regard as "strict herbivores" will opportunistically eat animal matter.

So they're basically vegans then. Herbivores strictly for appearances.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Jippa posted:

Yes but do you think it even realises that the meat it is eating is chicken? It wasn't a moral choice it made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhMo4WlBmGM

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Werner Herzog's Chicken Run is a very different place...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The saga continues. I forgot to mention that he's in love with Tila Tequila and shares all her posts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stephen Carroll, thread treasure.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

EgoEgress posted:

Old friend of mine became vegan a while back, which is cool and all even if I wouldn't make the same choice myself.

But he keeps sharing these loving comics from someone called Vegan Sidekick. I'd swear they had to be a parody of self-righteous vegans but apparently they are 100% unironic:

plehehe

Careful, I think I got the last thread gassed because of these.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Intoluene posted:

Careful, I think I got the last thread gassed because of these.

It is true vegan diets can cause flatulence, but with that comes regularity also. How many vegans do you know have a problem with constipation? Keep in mind there are many other factors that can cause flatulence in other peoples lifestyles.. Eating dairy for one, too much gluten, not enough fiber and too much meat can cause constipation and as a result gassiness. Flatulence is just a part of life and if it really bothers you, try reducing some of the big offenders like cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, apple peels, bran, etc.. for the day that you need. Or pop a Beano before a high fiber meal.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ok Fella posted:

That worked out well.

Oh poo poo guys the IOSM thread is getting too powerful; it's starting to generate it's own content.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Gridlocked posted:

Oh poo poo guys the IOSM thread is getting too powerful; it's starting to generate it's own content.

The first seal has been broken.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Stephen Carroll, thread treasure.

I first read it as Steve Carrell, and I've been reading all his posts in the voice of Michael Scott. It's pretty appropriate.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ularg posted:

The first seal has been broken.

Way more effort then I should have expended:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I just wanna double check- y'all did read the post above lob's right?

Oh snap I'm in a Photoshop!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bulletsponge13 posted:

But you're saying that some have been built? Because I needed to give to charity, and the bringer of fire seems like a good place.

Just donate to your local animal shelter or something. I've had some pretty bad luck with this idea. I was on temple #2 when I remembered that the guy who shat himself had consumed like eight items from the Taco Bell breakfast menu hours before.

After that I started praying to Quetzalcoatl, asking him to come deck these guys, but a dark-haired pale-skinned dude showed up and I wasn't sure if it was him or not

chitoryu12 posted:

Even if he seriously believed in his "Collectors would buy brand new reproductions instead of originals!" logic

lol if you think Nintendo wouldn't be permanently out of stock if they offered a SNES2016 + Earthbound package for literally any price

"It's $5,000 and you have to change your name, your wife's name, and your firstborn's name to poo poo from the game"

"Ok google where is the nearest judge"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ok Fella posted:

I just wanna double check- y'all did read the post above lob's right?

Oh snap I'm in a Photoshop!

I don't care if I took your joke wrong. Effort was put into that gif and I will post it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009

Otisburg posted:

Chickens are basically land piranhas. My neighbour keeps them an you can throw anything smallish over the fence and they will all swarm it and peck the poo poo out of it before they even bother looking what it is. If they had teeth and were slightly larger, they'd be eating us. By keeping chickens docile and culling them via nuggetization, we are preventing them from rising up and just swarming us.