Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

little munchkin posted:

If there's one thing combo decks like to do, it's doing something they were already doing, but paying three extra mana for it.

Sideboard old emrakul and grey wish in storm for maximum laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Star Man posted:

Burning Wish, Cunning Wish, and Living Wish are bad cards, everyone. Pack it in.

Hard disagree. They're really fun to play in your house when you take the text at face value and just go digging through your collection to get a card. They're flavorful and have a unique effect. Good cards.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

EatinCake posted:

Hard disagree. They're really fun to play in your house when you take the text at face value and just go digging through your collection to get a card. They're flavorful and have a unique effect. Good cards.

that person wan't being serious, altho i don't think living wish is played in anything

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

EatinCake posted:

I want to see the following:

"Cunning wish? Ok." (Goes to closet, pulls out several 1000 card boxes and starts going through them).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

that person wan't being serious, altho i don't think living wish is played in anything

Oops All Spells :ssh:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

logis posted:

"Cunning wish? Ok." (Goes to closet, pulls out several 1000 card boxes and starts going through them).

I had someone at my LGS once use Spawnsire of Ulamog's 20 mana ability, put out a box of Eldrazi cards, and put them all onto the table.

His opponent scooped.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jabor posted:

And we're all really shocked that cmc 4+ creatures are not seeing much play in a format dominated by Collected Company.

I actually think that the best Eldrazi to be playing in Standard right now is Skyspawner. I don't understand playing company without 4x of that card. Hell, I'm happy sleeving up 4 of that card in Modern.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

logis posted:

As a kid, that's sort of how I thought wishes worked. It was really confusing.

The switch to "exile" from "remove from game" clears a lot of that baggage up in other cards, but it surprisingly remains here. Explicitly referring to the sideboard in card text is probably a big no-no.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Some versions of known best legacy deck Enchantress do.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

E: ^^^ :hfive: enchantress best deck

iirc Living Wish was stone unplayable in Standard, saw a respectable amount of play in Extended, and has seen some very marginal play in Legacy occasionally

Elyv fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 21, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

the Orb of Zot posted:

I had someone at my LGS once use Spawnsire of Ulamog's 20 mana ability, put out a box of Eldrazi cards, and put them all onto the table.

His opponent scooped.

I built a deck to do this once in casual, it felt good

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ulrich is cool and good.
Eldrazi Wish is cool and good.
Emrakul is cool and good.

Let us please remember that cards do not have to be overly powerful to fill up a Mythic slot. They just need to be fun to cast.
Ulrich is going to be on every Werewolf EDH player's buylist, and I'mrakul is really neat and interesting.
There is nothing stopping you from not buying a box of the set if it's low power.

I, however, want to jam New'makrul into a modern Tron deck because it dodges most of the modern relevant removal.

Edit: Like if you don't think slamming down this big scary Eldritch monster that promises the end of days to the point where you literally take control of the game by casting her, do the thing that completely puts your opponent out of the game, and then let your opponent draw their last pathetic card before you utter annihilate them isn't cool as poo poo then I don't know, you probably aren't versed in comic book villain.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 21, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Ulrich is cool and good.
Eldrazi Wish is cool and good.
Emrakul is cool and good.

Let us please remember that cards do not have to be overly powerful to fill up a Mythic slot. They just need to be fun to cast.
Ulrich is going to be on every Werewolf EDH player's buylist, and I'mrakul is really neat and interesting.
There is nothing stopping you from not buying a box of the set if it's low power.

I, however, want to jam New'makrul into a modern Tron deck because it dodges most of the modern relevant removal.

Edit: Like if you don't think slamming down this big scary Eldritch monster that promises the end of days to the point where you literally take control of the game by casting her, do the thing that completely puts your opponent out of the game, and then let your opponent draw their last pathetic card before you utter annihilate them isn't cool as poo poo then I don't know, you probably aren't versed in comic book villain.

What are you taking out of Tron for it? Tron doesn't even play the old Emrakul anymore.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 21, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

What are you taking out of Tron for it? Tron doesn't even play the old Emrakul anymore.

I'm a filthy poor so I would skin a Karn off to put in Emrakul but there's probably a better cut.

The real question is can you dump enough things into the yard to bring Emrakul out on turn 4? With natural tron? Probably not.

Or you know play it in Blue Tron because that actually dumps a bunch of poo poo into the yard a lot, actually win with something that isn't a mindslaver lock that can't get pathed.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://twitter.com/mishrasfotoshop/status/744945299425271808

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Damnation could totally fit in here, you could even give it ugly Emrakul thremed art so the original copies will retain their value!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

they already did that once with that godawful full art version.

Edit: I know it costs more, it shouldn't.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Alaan posted:

I have foils of both and upon comparing them, they are both cool and good.

Count Bleck posted:

Damnation could totally fit in here, you could even give it ugly Emrakul thremed art so the original copies will retain their value!
Well, it's a great way to make it goatse-like. Don't screw this up, WOTC!

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I think the most disappointing thing about New'mrakul is that it can be countered, leaving you without a 13/13 for the opponent to get wrecked by. However if they have more than one counter in hand when you cast it they will already be pretty hosed since you can make then cast and counter their own spells.

Anyway I'm looking forward to having a last couple of new good Eldrazi cards to jam into my Eldrazi deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

They wouldn't reintroduce an old threat and kill it in one block would they?
Definitely in two, but one? Surely not.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

Emrakul is probably going to be tossed into the moon and forgotten about for a few blocks until they need a villain again. The Helvault is made out of the moon and they keep bringing it up.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

She's not gonna get killed. She's gonna get put in the Eldritch Moon, sense the Moon is just a bigger and more powerful Helvault. (that may or may not be intelligent on it's own)

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Hey guys quick rules question regarding trigger priority at end of combat.

If I attack into a 1/1 Hangerback Walker with my Shambling Goblin, both creature dies, both their death triggers go on the stack at the end of combat, which one would go on the stack first assuming I'm the active player, like do I get to pick which one goes on the stack first because I have priority or does mine go on the stack first always? I want to kill his 1/1 thopter token with the death trigger of the goblin.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I used Nahiri's ultimate to grab an Avacyn and attack for lethal tonight. I think I can stop drafting Shadows over Innistrad now, I've gotten all the achievements.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Thisuck posted:

Hey guys quick rules question regarding trigger priority at end of combat.

If I attack into a 1/1 Hangerback Walker with my Shambling Goblin, both creature dies, both their death triggers go on the stack at the end of combat, which one would go on the stack first assuming I'm the active player, like do I get to pick which one goes on the stack first because I have priority or does mine go on the stack first always? I want to kill his 1/1 thopter token with the death trigger of the goblin.

APNAP, so active player's triggers go on the stack followed non-active player. In the specific case of shambling goblin, however, you wouldn't be able to kill the thopter token either way, because it's not in play when the goblin's ability gets put on the stack so it can't target the thopter.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Elyv posted:

APNAP, so active player's triggers go on the stack followed non-active player. In the specific case of shambling goblin, however, you wouldn't be able to kill the thopter token either way, because it's not in play when the goblin's ability gets put on the stack so it can't target the thopter.

Oh? So you have to pick a target before the ability gets put on the stack right?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Thisuck posted:

Oh? So you have to pick a target before the ability gets put on the stack right?

not before, but as part of putting the ability on the stack(after paying costs, which in this case are zero).

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Elyv posted:

not before, but as part of putting the ability on the stack(after paying costs, which in this case are zero).

Ah makes sense, thanks dude.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Did four RoE drafts today. ...Had to face Drana in three of them. :suicide: It was especially demoralizing finally losing to her after I managed to beat the Ulamog in match 1.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Drana, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Drana, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Drana, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So Drake combo has indeed broken Pauper. I like Mono-Blue Flicker Combo, because it's fast and consistent and Gigadrowse is a messed up Fog/Mana Short split card, but for people who like 2-for-1s, I rebuilt The Best Ghostly Flicker Deck:

So, the combo of Drake + Wall + Flicker still makes a buncha mana, which you can use to then Flicker Wall + Oracle/Mulldrifter and draw your deck, and play all your creatures. If that won't succeed, you can also Flicker Chittering Rats + Wall repeatedly to put your opponent's hand on top of their library, and then during their draw step, Flicker Rats+Wall to permanently lock them. But, as I found out against Burn, what if you're playing against a deck with a lot of instants? Well, make a lot of mana Flickering Wall + Drake, then Flicker Wall + Dismal Backwater to pay 3 mana to gain 1 life! You're gaining infinite life! If you have infinite time, because it takes like 10 seconds to do one Wall + Drake loop since stupid Mnemonic Wall is a May effect, unlike my bro Archaeomancer. This deck also is significantly more likely to go to time because it can't just get a Sage's Row and loop 10 times to mill the opponent out.

The deck is absurd, as all Ghostly Flicker decks are. Why play this version? It's significantly more apt to defend itself against other decks that get a good draw and have a turn 4 kill, or are on the play and have a turn 5 kill. The Mono-Blue version will usually combo out turn 5, but if it doesn't have a Gigadrowse it can't stop some good aggressive draws, and sometimes Affinity or Stompy just kill you turn 4. This version just plays a bunch of Rats to reduce the opponent's resources, the same sweet blue 2-for-1 creatures, and even some Snuff Outs to delay enemy Flicker combos or kill an Atog or a 4/4 or something about to get Rancored or whatever. You ever have an opponent go Forest into Nettle Sentinel, you play a Swamp and a Ravenous Rats, and then they try to Rancor their Sentinel and you blow them out with the Snuff Out? It feels good. Sometimes you just play Rats and Oracles and then Flicker them and are up six cards on your opponents and they can't ever come back.

Probably gonna try out the UG version next. I saw Paul Cheon play against it with UB Teachings, and the deck seemed like it just petered out since it is full of Wild Growths and Utopia Sprawls. Gigadrowse is a messed up magic card though, and I would love to be able to win before turn 5.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Alaan posted:

I really need to sell my three of these before it gets reprinted and the price craters...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

GonSmithe posted:

I really need to sell my three of these before it gets reprinted and the price craters...

You have plenty of time, they're never reprinting Damnation.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So the art on Coax From The Blind Eternities pretty much confirms that the lithowhatevers aren't slivers right? :saddowns:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

I am expecting this to be a grixis rare... Maybe doubles all damage dealt, and forces all spells to target it? Maybe some kind of defense like indestructible or self-recursion to make up for said inverse hexproof?

Red for Gisela, Blue for Bruna, Black because Black is the opposite of white, especially on Innistrad.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Gensuki posted:

I am expecting this to be a grixis rare... Maybe doubles all damage dealt, and forces all spells to target it? Maybe some kind of defense like indestructible or self-recursion to make up for said inverse hexproof?

Red for Gisela, Blue for Bruna, Black because Black is the opposite of white, especially on Innistrad.

It's going to be a 6 mana 4/4 or 5/5 that does some sort of eldrazi based effect based on bruna/gisela's abilities (Half damage to all creatures with devoid, double damage to all without devoid or something) . It's probably going to be bad.

Samael fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 21, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I realize that I'm not supposed to be thinking too hard on this since Chandra nuked two titans with fire, but is Liliana's big plan to fighting Emrakul literally "Horde of Zombies."?

I... don't think that's going to work.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Onmi posted:

I realize that I'm not supposed to be thinking too hard on this since Chandra nuked two titans with fire, but is Liliana's big plan to fighting Emrakul literally "Horde of Zombies."?

I... don't think that's going to work.

She just needs 7 of them so it's nbd.

Making them fly however...

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Skyl3lazer posted:

Make it a 13/13 for 13, remove the cost reduction and the extra turn part and this card would have been both cool and good.

Like they ruined their own flavor, it's a 13/13 for 13 that you never pay 13 for.

Yeah but as long as you're a little crazy yourself (delirium madness) it's easier to summon the madness titan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Isn't Living Wish in Vintage Belcher or something to get Tolarian Academy?

One nice thing about Coax is that it lets you get back threats that have been Infinitely Obliterated, especially Worldbreaker.

• Locked thread