Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Parallax Scroll posted:

whats with all the goddamn talking, what happened to just going into the boss room and fighting the guy

related I guess and I'm going to get lynched for this but the last good mario game was Super Mario World because holy gently caress did mario get annoying when he started talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

related I guess and I'm going to get lynched for this but the last good mario game was Super Mario World because holy gently caress did mario get annoying when he started talking

how dare you like some video games more than other games

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Parallax Scroll posted:

has there been a freeze man yet

six or seven of them, yeah

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Metacritic Number: 9

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Big Beef City posted:

I can't get enough of this game. I spent my life savings on it and then quit my job to play it full time. So far I haven't stopped playing the game since it was released and haven't eaten since it dropped (also I can no longer afford food). Soon I'll have to live on the streets and sell my body to continue to afford to play it or steal off people's exterior power outlets to allow me to continue to play.
I love this game. 15/10.

Star Citizen thread is that way

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I see no one has had the courage to mention Barkleygate yet. Well, I'll say it. Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2 is going to be the greatest game of all human history, and they're only delaying it so everyone else doesn't get discouraged and stop making games forever.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Zorodius posted:

I see no one has had the courage to mention Barkleygate yet. Well, I'll say it. Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2 is going to be the greatest game of all human history, and they're only delaying it so everyone else doesn't get discouraged and stop making games forever.

Is there a Barkley controversy? I know it's taking forever to come out but I thought it was also a very small development team

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Heath posted:

Is there a Barkley controversy? I know it's taking forever to come out but I thought it was also a very small development team

It's like 3 years late at this point and it's only going to be the greatest game ever made, not the potential greatest game possible, so people will be mad.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Uncle Wemus posted:

What was wrong with pillars

it was just kind of uninspired? obsidian, for all their talk of making something really new and different but inspired by the classics of old, just made something boring

way too much 'wow look at this kickstarter backer bit' stuff

didn't have the strong character interaction that i'd expect from something trying to ape baldur's gate 2

the plot and story felt like it deserved the phrase 'too far up its own rear end'

i personally expected much better from obsidian, especially given how the fan narrative around them has always been 'all their games would be great, if it wasn't for those nasty publishers'

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
bloodstained and shantae still look great so idgaf

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Looks like you need to avoid attacks, but also make attacks of your own. I feel like I have a headstart on this game watching the videos.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

it was just kind of uninspired? obsidian, for all their talk of making something really new and different but inspired by the classics of old, just made something boring

way too much 'wow look at this kickstarter backer bit' stuff

didn't have the strong character interaction that i'd expect from something trying to ape baldur's gate 2

the plot and story felt like it deserved the phrase 'too far up its own rear end'

i personally expected much better from obsidian, especially given how the fan narrative around them has always been 'all their games would be great, if it wasn't for those nasty publishers'

i thought the writing was pretty boring and they decided to a TON of writing to tell the story instead of telling you it through encounters/gameplay. I know it's trying to be a classic rpg but loving hell I don't remember THAT much scrolling through boring rear end text in baldur's gate 2.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Jumping seems important in this game

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Zorodius posted:

The only thing that will come of that kickstarter was the anime bodypillows

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
gently caress the style guides that say to write "percent" as "per cent"

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
20XX on Steam is a blatant Megaman X ripoff but appears to do everything that this game fails at (controls, graphics, music, fun, etc). Plus it's a roguelike so there's replayability. I think it was a kickstarter (?) but the devs aren't babyback bitches and put it on Steam early-access, which I'm guessing the Mighty No. 9 guys avoided like the plague once they realized how poo poo their game was turning out.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

hemale in pain posted:

i thought the writing was pretty boring and they decided to a TON of writing to tell the story instead of telling you it through encounters/gameplay. I know it's trying to be a classic rpg but loving hell I don't remember THAT much scrolling through boring rear end text in baldur's gate 2.

that's pretty true. it was just really weak and really underwhelming.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Stoats

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fire Barrel posted:

i thought wasteland 2 was glitchy as hell, but maybe i'm not remembering that correctly. shadowrun returns and its sequels are really good though.

pillars of eternity came out in working order but was still disappointing, so even if something ships as a workable project being made via KS isn't an indicator of quality.

i disagree, i thought pillars was great. but i say this having never been able to complete a baldur's gate game--never for lack of interest, always for mechanical problems inherent to the source ruleset that i thought pillars handled much better than its predecessors, short of the level cap

tfw u make a better game than mighty no 9 for a fraction of the budget flyin pretty much solo doe lol

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Guy Mann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

The game looked better after one week than it did after three years.

That looks so much better than what was released. How did they go backwards from a proof of concept test build?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

XK posted:

That looks so much better than what was released. How did they go backwards from a proof of concept test build?

my guess is that those assets came with the game engine they were using, so they look good. then they made their own assets, which look like poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Grimace posted:

bloodstained and shantae still look great so idgaf

I only played Shantae for the first time ever this year but it's a surprisingly great game, plus there are a lot of big bouncing tits

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
On the 3DS Shantae game the tits are in 3D.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
Barkley 2 will surely redeem the good name of kickstarter video gaming

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Here op this is the link to the final boss and the ending of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCIrHWzXoE

spoilers: it's poo poo

I saw this video was 16 minutes long and figured there must have been a pretty long credits sequence
but nope, a solid 13 minutes of that is a long, boring lovely boss battle, followed by an ending consisting of still images and a short sequence with poorly animated cg models

loving lol if you paid money to make this happen

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

that's pretty true. it was just really weak and really underwhelming.

agreed. there were only a few plot threads that were interesting and most of the writing, character or otherwise, never really took off. I even thought that the world they created did a poor job of conveying some of the more important aspects of their own world fiction. at best it mirrored BG1 at points.

The White Dragon posted:

i disagree, i thought pillars was great. but i say this having never been able to complete a baldur's gate game--never for lack of interest, always for mechanical problems inherent to the source ruleset that i thought pillars handled much better than its predecessors, short of the level cap

basically had the opposite experience with the game. a lot of the classes felt boring or really limited, engagement felt underdeveloped, and other aspects of the game, like encounters, felt pretty weak. I wouldn't say anything was broken, like in some other Obsidian games, but it just all fell flat mechanically for me. Coupled with the game's inability to hold my interest and I just thought it was pretty disappointing, especially considering the other rpgs that came out in 2015

Also, mighty no.9 still manages to be better than star citizen which, at the very least, is something.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm hearing that the Wii-U version hardly runs and maybe even bricks the console. :lol:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Was avgn adventures kickstarted too because that looked like poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

On the 3DS Shantae game the tits are in 3D.

That was the only reason I even turned on the switch to 3D on my system.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

notZaar posted:

I only played Shantae for the first time ever this year but it's a surprisingly great game, plus there are a lot of big bouncing tits

I was really impressed by Pirate's Curse, especially with the music. I think they went a little overboard with the big, bouncy cartoon titties though. It was a little embarrassing.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

beep by grandpa posted:

Was avgn adventures kickstarted too because that looked like poo poo

I'm pretty sure it was just a hobby project by one guy.

If there was a one man produced attempt at a tongue-in-cheek remake of old MegaMan games, it might have as much charm as the AVGN game. The AVGN game is still poo poo, though, but at least they didn't fleece people for millions then call them basement dwelling anime loving virgins.

Actually, why did you even bring that game up?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

azurite posted:

I was really impressed by Pirate's Curse, especially with the music. I think they went a little overboard with the big, bouncy cartoon titties though. It was a little embarrassing.

It's very Erotic

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
This game looks fun and the colors look good. Gritty colors are garbage

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

K-kickstart me, mega-sempai

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

You can get Megaman Zero collection for cheap. Just get that.

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

It's very Erotic

Love Potion Number: 9

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

For what little it's worth, Ben Judd does this thing where instead of translating he says whatever he thinks the person should have said instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, it'zzz intoxicating. I feel dizzzzzzzzy. Wheeeee!

• Locked thread