Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Demon_Corsair posted:

Real dumb question. I am following along with the Irish Start from the LP thread, but when I knock off the de jure province, it won't let me create a plot to revoke the title. But I can revoke my starting vassal no problem.

Has something changed in the patches since the lp thread not allowing to revoke titles from nobles you recently conquered?

If you recently conquered them you probably have a truce. Truces prevent you from revoking titles unless you have a special reason allowing it (e.g. you have a claim on the title). You should be able to revoke it once the truce wears off, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yes something did change, though I still don't know exactly what. But the game is extremely finicky about allowing you to plot to revoke stuff now and I don't understand what its rules are.

Looks like I may be in a truce with him?

When looking to violently revoke his title the Must have a special revoke reason if we have a truce option has an x beside it.

So I guess the question is where would I see that information?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Demon_Corsair posted:

Looks like I may be in a truce with him?

When looking to violently revoke his title the Must have a special revoke reason if we have a truce option has an x beside it.

So I guess the question is where would I see that information?

On your character page, there are three lines of shields: one is for titles, one is for claims you have on titles, and third one has an icon for all your current wars, truces etc.. If you hover over one of them, it'll probably say "truce with Count Jerk McIdiot until <some date>".

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Would someone mind giving me a rundown of what nomads can do with de jure titles? I've been having problems doing what I want with my vassals.

-I left the Isle of Man alone early (Well, I conquered it, then left the guy in charge of it instead of razing his hamlet to the ground) and began building him up hoping to get a vassal merchant republic. 140 years later, and nothing. Full tribal market, absolute tribal authority, Trade Practices at appropriate level, even a shipbuilder. I even switched to him and he just doesn't have the decision. And become feudal is greyed out because his liege (me) isn't also feudal. I can't grant him independence for some reason because apparently he's a Catholic de jure vassal?
-I can't seem to pass out full counties. I can hand out baronies but they just sit below my field slot. This may be because I didn't set the castle as the county capital or something.
-I managed to revoke the Umayyad sultanate, then hand the Kingdom of Andalusia to the only remaining catholic in Hispania, but I then couldn't hand off all the vassals, specifically the ones in Portugal and Aquitane. Probably a de jure thing, I wound up consoling him the duke titles.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Jabor posted:

On your character page, there are three lines of shields: one is for titles, one is for claims you have on titles, and third one has an icon for all your current wars, truces etc.. If you hover over one of them, it'll probably say "truce with Count Jerk McIdiot until <some date>".

That was it! Thanks.

Murdered the poo poo out of him and then immediately revoked on his successor.

One other ui thing. Once I've given out some duchies, how can I check that the counts in that duchy are the proper vassal of their duke?

What's the best route to take for educating daughters? Just pawn them off on who ever?

And with creating new titles, can I see what I'm working toward? I get the pop ups when I can create, but is there a way for me to see how many more provinces I need to call myself king?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Dareon posted:

Would someone mind giving me a rundown of what nomads can do with de jure titles? I've been having problems doing what I want with my vassals.

-I left the Isle of Man alone early (Well, I conquered it, then left the guy in charge of it instead of razing his hamlet to the ground) and began building him up hoping to get a vassal merchant republic. 140 years later, and nothing. Full tribal market, absolute tribal authority, Trade Practices at appropriate level, even a shipbuilder. I even switched to him and he just doesn't have the decision. And become feudal is greyed out because his liege (me) isn't also feudal. I can't grant him independence for some reason because apparently he's a Catholic de jure vassal?
-I can't seem to pass out full counties. I can hand out baronies but they just sit below my field slot. This may be because I didn't set the castle as the county capital or something.
-I managed to revoke the Umayyad sultanate, then hand the Kingdom of Andalusia to the only remaining catholic in Hispania, but I then couldn't hand off all the vassals, specifically the ones in Portugal and Aquitane. Probably a de jure thing, I wound up consoling him the duke titles.

1) Paradox doesn't seem to want to let your stupid vassals pick merchant republics at times, no idea why. Use the "set_government merchant_republic_government [Your Manns charid]" to get the ball rolling.

You're right about the independence; he's de jure and your religion so he can't be let go, for some reason.

2) You need to select the castle in each province, select "set capital" and THEN give it away. As you suspected. And sometimes it ends up becoming a theocracy/republic anyway.

3) Yeah, transferring vassals has been made more of a hassle after the vassal limit was added. And the drat "can't give a different gubbmint king level titles hyuck hyuck" thing doesn't help.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You're right about the independence; he's de jure and your religion so he can't be let go, for some reason.

You could console switch to him, start an Independence faction, push it, then switch back to yourself and agree to it.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Demon_Corsair posted:

That was it! Thanks.

Murdered the poo poo out of him and then immediately revoked on his successor.

One other ui thing. Once I've given out some duchies, how can I check that the counts in that duchy are the proper vassal of their duke?

What's the best route to take for educating daughters? Just pawn them off on who ever?

And with creating new titles, can I see what I'm working toward? I get the pop ups when I can create, but is there a way for me to see how many more provinces I need to call myself king?

Switching back and forth between de jure duchies mode and direct vassals mode should help with the first. Additionally, when you look at your dukes, they'll have an opinion malus if they don't have all the de jure land they think they should, to the tune of "desires control of" whatever province.

You can often foist a daughter off on a vassal who doesn't like you as much as you'd like for a quick opinion boost, but if you've got the capabilities, there's nothing to be lost educating her yourself. I assume you're educating your heir already.

For title creation, clicking on a province will show you the kingdom and duchy it's de jure part of, and clicking on the kingdom title and hovering over "Create" will show you what you need. Ticking the "de jure" checkbox will also show you which duchies you have, need to conquer, or need to create.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Coward posted:

You could console switch to him, start an Independence faction, push it, then switch back to yourself and agree to it.
It would honestly simpler just to switch him over to reformed paganism or hinduism for a moment, then release him. So long as you then switched him back to Catholic before he founded the merchant republic, as then you'd end up with a buncha hindu families there~

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Having an issue in my current 769 Amalfi game. I requested a title from my liege. Title granting was in the hands of the Council, of which I was myself a member and had called in the support of three of the other five members. Despite having a majority vote, I was refused the title. What gives?

On an unrelated note: I had a claim on Salerno and the Basileus owed me a favour. Why could I not get him to press my claim?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Having an issue in my current 769 Amalfi game. I requested a title from my liege. Title granting was in the hands of the Council, of which I was myself a member and had called in the support of three of the other five members. Despite having a majority vote, I was refused the title. What gives?

On an unrelated note: I had a claim on Salerno and the Basileus owed me a favour. Why could I not get him to press my claim?

Did you get refused a specific title or your liege just said "no"? It doesn't matter if the council is in charge of title grants if it's the latter - the council is only empowered to veto the lord on handing out a title. If the lord doesn't want to hand out a title in the first place, the council can't force them to.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

Title granting was in the hands of the Council, of which I was myself a member and had called in the support of three of the other five members

Unfilled council seats count as no votes on everything. There are something like 7-8 total spots.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

cock hero flux posted:

Unfilled council seats count as no votes on everything. There are something like 7-8 total spots.

Only for empires. Kingdoms have 6 slots (5 councilors + 1 advisor), empires have 7 (2 advisors). The 8th slot is the regent if there is one. 3 councilors supporting you is enough to pass any action.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Did you get refused a specific title or your liege just said "no"? It doesn't matter if the council is in charge of title grants if it's the latter - the council is only empowered to veto the lord on handing out a title. If the lord doesn't want to hand out a title in the first place, the council can't force them to.

I got the "You are a cool dude, I'm sure God will reward you!" message, not the "Get to gently caress, idiot" message.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Only for empires.

I said the Basileus refused me.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
More DD:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847/

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm pretty sure I will never get the eternal life event on any of my skilled genius characters, it will only pop up on my most incompetent rulers.

And I wouldn't have it any other way :colbert:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

"Next week I will go into more detail about our new Maimed traits" :black101:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Hopefully this will be free dlc to make up for the complete waste of money that was Conclave

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Only going to be satisfied if I can have zombie Aztecs.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jedit posted:

"Next week I will go into more detail about our new Maimed traits" :black101:

Based on this it looks like lost eye/hand/leg and mutilated face(?)

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Can the Mongols convert to religions other than Catholic, Orthodox, Nestorian, Sunni and Shia? In my save Central Asia is largely Suomenusko, Hindu and Yezidi, and I'd like this clusterfuck to be of some use to me.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Could you redo the system so that the character graphics aren't hardcoded to match a character's age 100% of the time? That way, an 'immortal' trait could overrule any normal age data and have the character appear as 'young' in spite of being 200 years old.

Or is that too ingrained into the code to change that easily?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ras Het posted:

Can the Mongols convert to religions other than Catholic, Orthodox, Nestorian, Sunni and Shia? In my save Central Asia is largely Suomenusko, Hindu and Yezidi, and I'd like this clusterfuck to be of some use to me.

CK2wiki:

CK2wiki posted:

Mongol conversion

The first two Mongol hordes, the Golden Horde and the Ilkhanate, can convert to by a special event to Catholic, Orthodox, Nestorian, Sunni, or Shia.

The Khagan must be unreformed Tengri and not Zealous. The horde's realm must include a province of the new religion. Finally, the time since horde arrival must be between 40 and 80 years.

The MTTH is about 4 years (per target religion), decreased to 3 years if the capital already has the new religion. With a 40-year window, it is therefore likely to happen as long as the Khagan has not reformed the Tengri faith and is not Zealous.

All characters are informed when the event triggers. The Khagan and all "playable" Tengri characters in the realm convert to the new religion. Their capital provinces also convert.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Gimmick Account posted:

Could you redo the system so that the character graphics aren't hardcoded to match a character's age 100% of the time? That way, an 'immortal' trait could overrule any normal age data and have the character appear as 'young' in spite of being 200 years old.

Or is that too ingrained into the code to change that easily?

Currently immortality traits freeze your portrait's age at when they gained the trait, unless they are children, at which point I think they stay at the young portrait after they grow up.

I'd like a command to change age directly, rather than the console command, so you can have a fountain of youth instead of just living forever.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Edison was a dick posted:

Currently immortality traits freeze your portrait's age at when they gained the trait, unless they are children, at which point I think they stay at the young portrait after they grow up.

I'd like a command to change age directly, rather than the console command, so you can have a fountain of youth instead of just living forever.

Huh, really? I did not know that! The last time I experimented with the 'immortal' trait was years ago during the heydays of CK2+. Back then it didn't do anything to your portrait - You just kept progressing through the ages normally, but didn't die.

That's a good change already, then!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Gimmick Account posted:

Huh, really? I did not know that! The last time I experimented with the 'immortal' trait was years ago during the heydays of CK2+. Back then it didn't do anything to your portrait - You just kept progressing through the ages normally, but didn't die.

About a year ago, I started on a mod that involved immortal characters, and the biggest issue I had is that Incapable is tied to age, so I had a bunch of 200 year old incapable immortals running around ruining everything for everyone.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
You could also make functionally immortal idiot leper kings in the ruler designer. Makes for a vaguely amusing gimmick run. You're immortal, but everyone on earth has a -100 opinion of you. I managed to make it 300 years once.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darth Windu posted:

Hopefully this will be free dlc to make up for the complete waste of money that was Conclave

:jerkbag:

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Well yeah I saw that, but it's out of date.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I think the CK2 team might have been accidentally reading Chinese history as inspiration for the DLC

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think the CK2 team might have been accidentally reading Chinese history as inspiration for the DLC

Clearly could only be practicing for the big one, so next DLC after this confirmed to be China map expansion! And I will go down with this ship!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

CrazyLoon posted:

Clearly could only be practicing for the big one, so next DLC after this confirmed to be China map expansion! And I will go down with this ship!

:coffeepal:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

Unknown DLC Patch Notes 1.0.3

* Ships can now sink.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I just realized this game has had expansions made for it for 4 years. When will we be satisfied?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

evilmiera posted:

I just realized this game has had expansions made for it for 4 years. When will we be satisfied?
When the game itself is more fun than irl political and historical drama, when W-Africa and defensive pagans are fun to play and Iceland is accurately represented as four 6 slot holdings.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

evilmiera posted:

When we get our China expansion, of course :colbert:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

... Iceland is accurately represented as four 6 slot holdings.

Seriously. Though I don't think four will be enough. It's worse than Empire: Total War where the entirety of France is one province.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Iceland is accurately represented as four 6 slot holdings.

lol. wanna mod the game and do this now. make both the provinces 7 holdings and gently caress up the world from there.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Volkerball posted:

lol. wanna mod the game and do this now. make both the provinces 7 holdings and gently caress up the world from there.

Did that mega trade game end yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I was wondering about the change in the immortality icon, it seemed like a strange thing to edit at this point but I guess this answers that, cool. This expansion sounds really interesting so far.

Gimmick Account posted:

Are you sure about that? Pretty much all I've ever done in CK2 is play Immortal God Queens/ Kings and as I remember the portrait never aged, and I started playing back during Legacy of Rome. Maybe I'm misremembering, but it's definitely been like this for a while.

Kaza42 posted:

About a year ago, I started on a mod that involved immortal characters, and the biggest issue I had is that Incapable is tied to age, so I had a bunch of 200 year old incapable immortals running around ruining everything for everyone.

You can go into the health_events file and add an an exception to it like so:

and the event won't fire. Similarly if you're boring like me you can add that exception to all sorts of diseases/ battle events etc so your character can literally never die or get put into a permanent regency.

• Locked thread